Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:07 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 444, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Looks like we have 10-2-1 by claims. It seems likely there are people lying considering the alignment distribution
I mean alignment rolls are just probability, the odds of not rolling a balanced alignment setup is pretty reasonable. Just requires the mod to change the alignment dice to make correct team numbers
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:15 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 449, cyrus62 wrote:i like to know how me agreeing with the people who didnt want to clime rolls makes me scum . i would also like to know how thinking you got the role makes me scum or how thinking you crumbed it makes me scum. i think james is just anti team or 3dr party hoping for a easy mis elimination. but i wont spend my time on it i will keep pushing nero who i think is scum.
This is a complete misrepresentation/misunderstanding of my argument. Thinking a crumb exists is fine, exposing a crumb makes it tricky. Doing so didn't help town, nor did it disadvantage scum, this alone makes it slightly alignment indicative, at least this is what would be the case for a generic crumb exposing. However, you were adamant not to reveal your rolls despite making it exceedingly clear what your roll 'was'. Combine this, with the fact you outed a crumb at a point where it doesn't help town nor disadvantage scum,
is
alignment indicative. The only reason somebody would do this, is with malintent against town.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:20 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 450, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 444, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Looks like we have 10-2-1 by claims. It seems likely there are people lying considering the alignment distribution
I mean alignment rolls are just probability, the odds of not rolling a balanced alignment setup is pretty reasonable. Just requires the mod to change the alignment dice to make correct team numbers
Got bored, did some maths, if there would be 5 non-town in a balanced game, roughly 1/3 of games you would get less.
If there would be 4 non-town in a balanced game, roughly 1/6 of games you would get less.
So it is definitely possible.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:34 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 451, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 449, cyrus62 wrote:i like to know how me agreeing with the people who didnt want to clime rolls makes me scum . i would also like to know how thinking you got the role makes me scum or how thinking you crumbed it makes me scum. i think james is just anti team or 3dr party hoping for a easy mis elimination. but i wont spend my time on it i will keep pushing nero who i think is scum.
This is a complete misrepresentation/misunderstanding of my argument. Thinking a crumb exists is fine, exposing a crumb makes it tricky. Doing so didn't help town, nor did it disadvantage scum, this alone makes it slightly alignment indicative, at least this is what would be the case for a generic crumb exposing. However, you were adamant not to reveal your rolls despite making it exceedingly clear what your roll 'was'. Combine this, with the fact you outed a crumb at a point where it doesn't help town nor disadvantage scum,
is
alignment indicative. The only reason somebody would do this, is with malintent against town.
this would be true if the pr in question wasn't posted and stated in wiki that its best used by being outed . The ideal play for a PGO is to get targeted by the Mafia, while not being targeted by any Town power roles. However, safer play is to claim directly -- this keeps other Town power roles safe, but also ensures the Mafia will not target you. Note that by claiming, you are opening yourself up to potentially being policy eliminated at some point during the game.

A very risky strategy is to hint at a power role, causing the scum to target you, and, as a 1 for 1 trade with scum is in the town's favor, you will have helped the town.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:59 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 453, cyrus62 wrote:
is
this would be true if the pr in question wasn't posted and stated in wiki that its best used by being outed . The ideal play for a PGO is to get targeted by the Mafia, while not being targeted by any Town power roles. However, safer play is to claim directly -- this keeps other Town power roles safe, but also ensures the Mafia will not target you. Note that by claiming, you are opening yourself up to potentially being policy eliminated at some point during the game.

A very risky strategy is to hint at a power role, causing the scum to target you, and, as a 1 for 1 trade with scum is in the town's favor, you will have helped the town.
This is hindsight not foresight. You clearly came to this conclusion after doing what you did. is quite a bit after . This excuse for your motivation doesn't work.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:17 am

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

What is a clime, cyrus?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:20 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 454, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 453, cyrus62 wrote:
is

This is hindsight not foresight. You clearly came to this conclusion after doing what you did. is quite a bit after . This excuse for your motivation doesn't work.
its called not haveing the full information . I have made this mistake before. see random videos I liked I had replaced in and thought outing the role was the best play. Here I thought not outing it or even stating it was rolled was the best play . After you made such a comottion about it I looked it up in wiki and then seeing how I thought you got it and crumbed it I thought outing it would help town more then scum since even if you didn't get it at least town would be safe . Or at least that was my thought pattern . Sorry if that came across anti town but fair warning for future games a lot of times town will do anti town things see nm
For a example he always lol hammers but that doesn't mean he's town or scum . I do wacky things as town and don't always use logic.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:21 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 455, Thor Ragnarok wrote:What is a clime, cyrus?
Did I mis spell it?
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:22 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Clime=claim
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:23 am

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

No, it's okay, if it's the name of a role you shouldn't say what it is to give scum any information.

Do you have any good story recommendations?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:25 am

Post by cyrus62 »

I think your the cult bus driver hence asking to be made cult knowing you can't be so the next day you can say the same thing and still act like you want to be cult . Town never ask for it..
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:27 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 459, Thor Ragnarok wrote:No, it's okay, if it's the name of a role you shouldn't say what it is to give scum any information.

I ment claimed .
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:29 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 461, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 459, Thor Ragnarok wrote:No, it's okay, if it's the name of a role you shouldn't say what it is to give scum any information.

I ment claimed .
The forbidden books are fun to read .
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:34 am

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

In post 460, cyrus62 wrote:
I think your the cult bus driver hence asking to be made cult knowing you can't be so the next day you can say the same thing and still act like you want to be cult . Town never ask for it..
If I was cult, I would be happy. Town is boring, especially when I don't know who to use my role on.

Should I use it on you?
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:36 am

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

In post 462, cyrus62 wrote:

I ment claimed .
Like Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:48 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 463, Thor Ragnarok wrote:
In post 460, cyrus62 wrote:
If I was cult, I would be happy. Town is boring, especially when I don't know who to use my role on.

Should I use it on you?
If it's what I think it is I would use it on the least likely to be town.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:49 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 464, Thor Ragnarok wrote:
In post 462, cyrus62 wrote:

I ment claimed .
Like Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto?
lesser keys of Solomon.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:01 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

I think everything Thor Ragnarok says from here on should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:05 am

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

Don't be rude please, I'm bored and lost so far

If you have any pointers that could help, just tell me
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:16 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 467, JamesTheNames wrote:I think everything Thor Ragnarok says from here on should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.
Why?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:29 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 469, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 467, JamesTheNames wrote:I think everything Thor Ragnarok says from here on should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.
Why?
In post 219, Thor Ragnarok wrote:If you're cult, please recruit me. I joined this game to have a team to work with yet I have no information and feel lost knowing there's so many different teams out there all plotting, and I'm in on none of it
+
In post 290, Thor Ragnarok wrote:I don't mind which faction, I'm willing to join mafia, werewolf, alien, or anything you recruit me to. I just want to be part of some larger scheme
+
In post 401, Thor Ragnarok wrote:I really don't know how to use my role and I'd love some advice for how to use it

If there's a neighborizer or recruiter, just talk to me now so I can get pointers early before I use it on someone I shouldn't
This screams 3P or an inactive role from my eyes.
However his comments on his knowledge of his role, screams one of 3 off of the list from .
I think we have to be careful with how we interpret what he posts.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:30 am

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

I'm a town role
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:35 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 471, Thor Ragnarok wrote:I'm a town role
From this list:
In post 359, JamesTheNames wrote:These are the current roll claims, who made them, and the post they were made in:
Cyrus62 - [7, 7, 1] Town Paranoid Gun Owner with no modification - 72
Dragon of the West - [1-13, 5, ?] Town Neighborizer with an unknown modification - 322
Dwlee99 - [12, 8, 14] Town Parity Cop with a Multitasking modication - 34
JamesTheNames - [6, 10, 7] Town Tracker with an Even-Night modification - 64
Marashu - [1-13, 8, 7] Town Parity Cop with an Even-Night modification - 37
MegAzumarill - [19, 17, 20] Cult Bus Driver with a Reroll Twice modification - 82
Nero Cain - [1-13, 9, ?] Town Rolecop with an unknown Modification - 226
Redtea - [14, 6, 20] Mafia Fruit Vendor with a Reroll Twice modification - 171
Robert M Hunter - [2, 19, 3] Town Roleblocker with no modification - 344
SirCakez - [1-13, 9, 20] Town Rolecop with a Reroll Twice modication - 268
Ssbm_Kyouko - [13, 8, 1] Mafia Parity Cop with no modification - 25
T3 - [1-13, 14, 5] Town Voyeur with a Multitasking modification - 139
Thor Ragnarok - [1-13, 19, ?] Town Roleblocker with an unknown modification - 167
Of course you don't have to tell us which one it is, just if its on the list please.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

Yeah, I'm on that list

And I just realised there's TWO players with Reroll Twice in their role, can one of them target me? I'd make it worthwhile for them and try and help them win
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

Actually, it's three!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”