cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 597, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 584, JamesTheNames wrote:Quick warning, waiting on mobile and laptop repairs, so my post quality will decrease as I'm posting from my PlayStation's web browser.
this is dedication
I do this off and on js .
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 581, redtea wrote:
@james
i was seconding the "why"- bc i dont know whats suspicious about the "because".
In post 568, T3 wrote:redtea town
:wink:
so whats the deal with rmh exactly?
In post 561, Nero Cain wrote:Not loving me some tea and I'm from the south
this close to omgusing you swear
He's blatant town for the gambit and is by far my strongest townread.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by T3 »

I post from a black and white kindle paperwhite, get on my level: :lol:
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

So I got my Poe since we are on page 25 it could still change t3 dw james, Nero .
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 602, T3 wrote:I post from a black and white kindle paperwhite, get on my level: :lol:
Your just weird .
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

Speaking of which I'm posting on a outdated iPad . So I anit posting much right now
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 601, T3 wrote:
In post 581, redtea wrote:
@james
i was seconding the "why"- bc i dont know whats suspicious about the "because".
In post 568, T3 wrote:redtea town
:wink:
so whats the deal with rmh exactly?
In post 561, Nero Cain wrote:Not loving me some tea and I'm from the south
this close to omgusing you swear
He's blatant town for the gambit and is by far my strongest townread.
I disagree. Why would town!Robert feel the need to make plays for an ego boost after losing as mafia? I could see him feeling the need to redeem himself as scum!Robert, but if I were in his shoes, I don't think I would feel like I need to pull off big plays as town because I lost as scum, because the approach as town and the approach as scum are different.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 503, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:As for my pool of 6: Cyrus, Nero, Thor, Cakez, Dragon, and RMH:

That is the order they claimed in. Cyrus claimed first, and is not likely to lie, so I'm striking him right away. Cakez's roll, if true, will most likely be able to differentiated from the others because of the 2 modifiers, and would then only possibly conflict with Nero's roll if Cakez's 2d20 ended up with 1 modifier.

For this my pool narrows to Nero, Thor, Dragon, and RMH. The later the claim, the more likely it was claimed specifically to be obfuscated by the previous claims. So RMH is first in line for me. Also I think his "gambit" might have just been him overreacting to possibly having scumslipped 2 games in a row (this being the second game)
Thanks. Your reads are all very mechanics-heavy and not so much based on play so far. I don't really like it, but I also don't hate it. It's just making it really tough to read you when you don't give opinions on plays. I do think that what you're saying is useful, probably helpful, and hopefully not framing a narrative. For now I think it's likely pro-town.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 607, Marashu wrote:
In post 503, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:As for my pool of 6: Cyrus, Nero, Thor, Cakez, Dragon, and RMH:

That is the order they claimed in. Cyrus claimed first, and is not likely to lie, so I'm striking him right away. Cakez's roll, if true, will most likely be able to differentiated from the others because of the 2 modifiers, and would then only possibly conflict with Nero's roll if Cakez's 2d20 ended up with 1 modifier.

For this my pool narrows to Nero, Thor, Dragon, and RMH. The later the claim, the more likely it was claimed specifically to be obfuscated by the previous claims. So RMH is first in line for me. Also I think his "gambit" might have just been him overreacting to possibly having scumslipped 2 games in a row (this being the second game)
Thanks. Your reads are all very mechanics-heavy and not so much based on play so far. I don't really like it, but I also don't hate it. It's just making it really tough to read you when you don't give opinions on plays. I do think that what you're saying is useful, probably helpful, and hopefully not framing a narrative. For now I think it's likely pro-town.
@mara . Out of t3 rmh or Thor do you think one of these three could be the cult leader.
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

I am assuming that cults are bad even though some posts give me the impression that they are are good.

19 - Cult Granted Cult Leader abilities as well.

MegAzur claimed this: - [19, 17, 20] Cult Bus Driver with a Reroll Twice modification - 57

Why aren't we eliminating that player?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 608, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 607, Marashu wrote:

@mara . Out of t3 rmh or Thor do you think one of these three could be the cult leader.
Out of those three? Robert. I've already said he doesn't feel like scum with a PT, and this doesn't feel town-y. I honestly have no clue what to make of Thor; right now he just kinda feels like unhelpful town, and I'm not sure Cult Leader would be so blatant. As for T3, does cult leader ever open with this?
In post 124, T3 wrote:
never under any circumstances claim what you rolled unless someone has claimed it
@Robert, if you are town, I don't want to see plays, I want to see reads. That's what would be most helpful right now.

PEdit - that's the slot we're trying to find, or at least that I'm trying to find. Meg claims to have rolled it, not to have received it, and I'm not sure that a cult leader would out that they rolled that if they received their own role. Might be scum (haven't seen anything from that slot), but almost certainly not cult.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Marashu »

Oh, in the PEdit I thought it was cyrus who asked that because you often have multiple posts quickly. Didn't realize it was Robert. But my point stands.
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:35 pm

In post 610, Marashu wrote:I don't want to see plays, I want to see reads.
I'll give it a try, but I always get eliminated so early that I have every little experience having reads.

Right now I am suspicious of the PGO claim. It's an easy way to hide a completely different role and never be discovered at night.

What happens if I roleblock the PGO?
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:37 pm

In post 610, Marashu wrote:Meg claims to have rolled it, not to have received it, and I'm not sure that a cult leader would out that they rolled that if they received their own role.
If I roleblock Meg they cannot recruit, right? There's no obscure exception?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Marashu »

You're really confusing me right now.

If a roleblocker blocks Meg, it stops whatever her role would try to do. It's a 1/13 that she got what she rolled, and 12/13 that she did not get what she rolled. I'm of the opinion that it is very unlikely not just because of math but because she outed it, that she is not Cult Leader.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 609, Robert M Hunter wrote:I am assuming that cults are bad even though some posts give me the impression that they are are good.

19 - Cult Granted Cult Leader abilities as well.

MegAzur claimed this: - [19, 17, 20] Cult Bus Driver with a Reroll Twice modification - 57

Why aren't we eliminating that player?
That's just the dice they rolled, the rolled roles were reassigned at random. I rolled Mafia Parity Cop but that's not the role I got
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Marashu »

Hold up.
In post 609, Robert M Hunter wrote:I am assuming that cults are bad
even though some posts give me the impression that they are are good.
What posts?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Marashu »

I have another question for you but I want to hear a reply first.
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:59 pm

This one for example:
In post 463, Thor Ragnarok wrote:
In post 460, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 455, Thor Ragnarok wrote:What is a clime, cyrus?
I think your the cult bus driver hence asking to be made cult knowing you can't be so the next day you can say the same thing and still act like you want to be cult . Town never ask for it..
If I was cult, I would be happy. Town is boring, especially when I don't know who to use my role on.

Should I use it on you?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Re gambits: they are something that slot of low lvl players do and they fail like 8/10 times. Scum claim to do gambits for town cred/excuse bad play.

It's mostly null. You could argue that gambits mostly come from town bc there's more town in a game
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:03 pm

In post 219, Thor Ragnarok wrote:If you're cult, please recruit me. I joined this game to have a team to work with yet I have no information and feel lost knowing there's so many different teams out there all plotting, and I'm in on none of it
I didn't notice that earlier, but maybe it was only Thor R who gave me that impression.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Marashu »

Ok. I think I could see how you would be confused by that.

My follow-up: Did you really believe, during game, that people's rolls are the same as the roles they received?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Marashu »

I'm going to bed but I really want to get my point across or else it'll keep me up. I really want to understand your train of thought here, Robert.

If you did believe it, then you should have had 3 claimed scum: Meg, Kyouko, and Redtea. Why did you not vote for any of them?

If you didn't believe it, why are you trying to act like Meg is claimed Cult Leader because of the roll claim?
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:00 pm

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

Someone asked if I was an alt but I can't remember who. This is my new main, does that person know my old one? If you do, don't tell anyone since my meta was really easy to read and everyone could always tell when I was scum.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

I'm not the cult leader but I would make a great cult member if the leader just gave me a chance. Also, some players may have more than 1 role since 5 were added to the pool according to Cook, so it's possible someone has more roles than James's list of roles may let on

If there's a mafia/werewolf recruiter, you know what to do

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”