HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:02 am

Post by HockeyFan »

I am shooting within the next 7 hours. @Pav, whats your thoughts of the gamestate if Luke flips town
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Pavowski »

Game becomes trickier in that case as I'm gonna have to revisit my townreads on hectic / vulture. I still think Toog could flip red but wouldn't surprise me if they flipped green either.

If Luke flips green the question is whether I've been taken in by 1 person or 2.

If I go with my gut right now, on a green Luke flip the new, confused me would be looking the hardest at Toog and Hectic.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1073, Toogeloo wrote:I think Hockey should hipfire at you, we're at a point in the game state that you being fired at is healthy.
Not sure why but the way Toog phrased this is cracking me up.

Then again it makes me hesitate on saying Luke/Toog is the scum team here. I don't see why scum!Toog would casually endorse shooting their partner.

So to add to my previous post, regardless of how Luke flips I would want to look a little harder at Toog.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Pavowski »

To go further further I know the past couple days have dragged on a bit, and I like a quick shot to get the game moving again, but don't rush the shot either. I'd want to hear from the group before making a shot... If I were scum here and saw you announcing intent to shoot less than 24 hours on, after claiming you'd hipfire somebody I knew to be green, I'd just kick back and wait to post until after you made the shot.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:43 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 1077, Pavowski wrote:Game becomes trickier in that case as I'm gonna have to revisit my townreads on hectic / vulture. I still think Toog could flip red but wouldn't surprise me if they flipped green either.

If Luke flips green the question is whether I've been taken in by 1 person or 2.

If I go with my gut right now, on a green Luke flip the new, confused me would be looking the hardest at Toog and Hectic.
Why wouldnt u look at Vulutre?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Pavowski »

I'm not currently scum reading him, but a green Luke flip would force me to reevaluate that.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:23 am

Post by HockeyFan »

Ok u said you would revisit your townread on vulture but you said you would be looking hardest at toog/hectic. So how much would a luke green flip re-eval your flip on Vulture
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Pavowski »

A green flip on Luke kinda forces me to reevaluate *everything*. Right now I'm TTR on Vulture and Hectic, scum on Luke / Toog.

However given Toog's recent posts I'm less sold on a Luke / Toog team, so there's that... but also if Luke does flip green it means the remaining 2 scum are necessarily in Toog, Vulture, and Hectic. (FMPOV of course)

If I'm right about Toog, then I'm 1 for 1 on Vulture and Hectic being town and need to ferret that out ... if I'm wrong on Toog then I'm wrong on everything, which kinda feels like home!
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Vulture »

RIP Marci.

Uh... I said I would try to get back into this but my reads remain. The only weird thing is what Hockey pointed out about Luke / me because a green flip should set off alarm bells in his head given the dynamic we have had this game.

I don’t know if he’s writing that off as a thing because he scumreads Luke or what have you.

I probably end up at Pav/Toog if Luke is town fwiw. I haven’t read back deeply through how Luke and Hectic interacted and the flipping around of reads there though so it’s subject to change. If Luke is scum which is where I’m at then it’s probably just Toog for me atm.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 989, Lukewarm wrote:Marci, did you ever say what you saw in t3's iso that made you suspect vulture?

He has been near sitting in my scum reads for a while, but mainly for how he has been interacting with me.

If you got more evidence, would like to see it
In post 990, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 845, marcistar wrote: t3s vulture stuff interests me so much its so tempting.. i want to so bad... :shifty:

but like its not the best move, yes?
This?
In post 991, marcistar wrote:i never said but like :shifty: :shifty:
im too tired to try to explain it rn :dead:
I kind of wish that marci had explained this before she fired :/
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I kinda forgot that was a hanging question I had for her x.x
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1086, Lukewarm wrote:I kinda forgot that was a hanging question I had for her x.x
I too was a bit frustrated by the lack of thoughts from Marci =\ I get playing it close to the vest as the gunbearer but I think that's a big part of what made the last couple days stall out

I think the gunbearer has the ability if not the obligation to kinda drive the action, and that doesn't necessarily mean shooting.

But I guess that's more discussion for the postgame at this point...
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:44 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 1084, Vulture wrote:RIP Marci.

Uh... I said I would try to get back into this but my reads remain.
The only weird thing is what Hockey pointed out about Luke / me because a green flip should set off alarm bells in his head given the dynamic we have had this game.

I don’t know if he’s writing that off as a thing because he scumreads Luke or what have you.

I probably end up at Pav/Toog if Luke is town fwiw. I haven’t read back deeply through how Luke and Hectic interacted and the flipping around of reads there though so it’s subject to change. If Luke is scum which is where I’m at then it’s probably just Toog for me atm.
What does the bolded mean? Are you trying to anti-pair yourself with Luke? seems kinda odd?

Also, the progression of peoples reads on Hectic is so ???. Like people hard trd him, started shading him a bit, and then back to him not being in your poe. like wtf. i think hectic is town BECAUSE of this
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:46 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1088, HockeyFan wrote:

The only weird thing is what Hockey pointed out about Luke / me because a green flip should set off alarm bells in his head given the dynamic we have had this game.

What does the bolded mean? Are you trying to anti-pair yourself with Luke? seems kinda odd?

Also, the progression of peoples reads on Hectic is so ???. Like people hard trd him, started shading him a bit, and then back to him not being in your poe. like wtf. i think hectic is town BECAUSE of this
Strangely enough, I think he is saying that town me SHOULD make you think that he is scum, which ????

Is he trying to get shot?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Pavowski »

I think my read on Hectic is pretty straightforward. I was TRing him as Art, then he slid into scum territory as one of the ones putting the most pressure on me waaaay back on d2 (I think?). It felt scum-motivated to me at the time, but over time as scum reading me caught on with the group I figured it may have been less so.

But right around that time he reversed course on me and followed it up with his whole gladiate with Luke.

The gladiate itself would strike me as a bold play for scum (1 for 1 is hardly a good trade in this setup), but add to that: if he's scum, why reverse course on me? Once again he seems to have driven the pack on me, but this time to a general consensus townlean.

Not saying it's impossible for him to be scum but this is some pretty big brain scum play if so.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Vulture »

Oh, I meant Pav instead of you I think. I was phoneposting.

It's more that when you look at a game and see two people thunderdoming for a good portion of it and one flips town, you... should instinctually look to the other to see what they saw? Like, you know they were acting in good faith and if you're not reconsidering that would be strange to me.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Hectic »

I think I'm gonna be embarrassed no matter who's scum at this point
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Hectic »

I've probably somewhat thrown by not trying to towncase Hockey more and dissuade marci, curse time constraints

I'll try and dedicate time to do some more reading soon.tm
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 1073, Toogeloo wrote:I think Hockey should hipfire at you, we're at a point in the game state that you being fired at is healthy.
In post 1074, Lukewarm wrote:If you say so, but being the elo shot is scary x.x
What do you make of Toog asking Hocket to shoot you, Luke? Does it change you read on them at all?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Hectic »

Luke and Hockey, I'd like to hear from both of you the best reason for why Toog is town

Considering the earlier discussion about why the Art look through isn't actually that much effort
And their still pings me a lot ( - explanation)
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Hectic »

Vulture, how confident are you on Luke being scum at this point?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1091, Vulture wrote:

Oh, I meant Pav instead of you I think. I was phoneposting.

It's more that when you look at a game and see two people thunderdoming for a good portion of it and one flips town, you... should instinctually look to the other to see what they saw? Like, you know they were acting in good faith and if you're not reconsidering that would be strange to me.
I humbly request that you reformulate that post because I am very confused on how you mean for it to be read.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1094, Hectic wrote:
In post 1074, Lukewarm wrote:If you say so, but being the elo shot is scary x.x
What do you make of Toog asking Hocket to shoot you, Luke? Does it change you read on them at all?
I guess I read him asking as "good for the game state" not that he thinks I am scum, which I can see.

I think everyone else is scum reading me, so there is a decent chance that if anyone other then Toog gets the gun next, that they would shoot me. So looking at the game state, shooting me now feels better then being the misshot at Elo. That is how I took his post, which did not seem too terrible.

Toog, is that basically what you were saying?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1095, Hectic wrote:Luke and Hockey, I'd like to hear from both of you the best reason for why Toog is town

Considering the earlier discussion about why the Art look through isn't actually that much effort
And their still pings me a lot ( - explanation)
Phone posting again, so this is the best town case I can do

I was vaugely leaning town on Toog during the the early parts of the day. Definitely not playing to look town, and being a bit cagey. Which I associate cagey with town, because scum are actively trying to appease people.

Then, that stuff about meta diving you. Seemed pretty +town to me.

And then, when I was getting pushed really hard, it felt like he was the only one town reading me, and trying to direct the shoot away from me. When scum could have just, let me be shot.

Return to “Completed Open Games”