Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1120, ManateeGal wrote:i mean i voted house in

so a long time ago with a lot of house posting in between. huge amount of content to change my opinion. theres nothing specific that changed my mind on him just as i mentioned seeing him step up
You placed your vote on House a while ago, but I feel like you were projecting a scumlean there as recently as (pg. 41) without mentioning the content that swayed your opinion in between. You did mention House in , but that was a post reaffirming your vote.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by House »

In post 1121, House wrote:How... underwhelming.
I should clarify.
In post 1120, ManateeGal wrote:i mean i voted house in

so a long time ago with a lot of house posting in between. huge amount of content to change my opinion. theres nothing specific that changed my mind on him just as i mentioned seeing him step up
Reading this post sucks from both perspectives.

If scum: weak excuse to townread me that can be overturned with minimal reason; denies town reasons to consider me town. +scum

If town: lazy, uninvested in the game. -town

I can't find a reason to like this post.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by House »

Not a fan of , but that's just a disagreement with logic; not particularly alignment indicative.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah my TR on Manatee is starting to wane :/
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Bee
Bee
Goon
Bee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Bee »

In post 1044, ManateeGal wrote:if enough people arent reading it the same way i am then im ready to admit my interpretation is wrong

and
VOTE: Enchant
^ Looking at Manatee regarding House, this feels like a more important post than There was a brief conversation with House and Manatee backs off before going onto Enchant and then retreating a bit.
The devil's got nothing on me, my friend.
Bee
Bee
Goon
Bee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Bee »

In post 1127, House wrote:Not a fan of , but that's just a disagreement with logic; not particularly alignment indicative.
Which part doesn't follow logically? To me, it made sense that a scum!Manatee would have someone who wanted her dead early wagoned and be able to vote there without a lot of scrutiny? It's a lot easier to fake than going on someone else, especially given Midnight's absence.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by House »

I have to be honest Gamma, i was not a fan of , and i don't mean because it included a vote on me.

I strongly disagree that Manatee had done anything even remotely town by that point. She was mostly absent until i popped in with a vote on her, them she pounced on me like she saw a vulnerable player.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:47 pm

In post 1129, Bee wrote:
In post 1044, ManateeGal wrote:if enough people arent reading it the same way i am then im ready to admit my interpretation is wrong

and
^ Looking at Manatee regarding House, this feels like a more important post than There was a brief conversation with House and Manatee backs off before going onto Enchant and then retreating a bit.
It's not really clear to me that ManateeGal was townreading House in or just moved their vote to another scumread with a growing wagon.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by House »

In post 1130, Bee wrote:
In post 1127, House wrote:Not a fan of , but that's just a disagreement with logic; not particularly alignment indicative.
Which part doesn't follow logically? To me, it made sense that a scum!Manatee would have someone who wanted her dead early wagoned and be able to vote there without a lot of scrutiny? It's a lot easier to fake than going on someone else, especially given Midnight's absence.
Scum distances & buses.

I've run buddies up as scum early in the day before, because townies always get distracted by the next shiny thing to come along.

Bee
Bee
Goon
Bee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Bee »

In post 1132, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1129, Bee wrote:

and
It's not really clear to me that ManateeGal was townreading House in or just moved their vote to another scumread with a growing wagon.
Oh, I wasn't talking about it in regards to the townread. I should have been clear.

I think it's more like, there was resistance that was perhaps unexpected and so Manatee just... gives up on that avenue and comes back weaker/unsure? I don't know if that's scum regrouping or just... being unsure though, because it sucks when everyone disagrees and makes you doubt.
Bee
Bee
Goon
Bee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Bee »

In post 1133, House wrote:
In post 1130, Bee wrote:
Scum distances & buses.

I've run buddies up as scum early in the day before, because townies always get distracted by the next shiny thing to come along.
Do you think Miss Midnight does it in the manner she did? It feels out there to just say "frozen scum, pile on the votes, let's kill."

I think bussing is something that happens early but it doesn't feel like that wagon was one scum on another. It's also a bit on the nose to see your partner not doing anything and go 'frozen', kind of like HH wrt Thor.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by House »

In post 1135, Bee wrote:
In post 1133, House wrote:
In post 1130, Bee wrote:
Scum distances & buses.

Do you think Miss Midnight does it in the manner she did? It feels out there to just say "frozen scum, pile on the votes, let's kill."

I think bussing is something that happens early but it doesn't feel like that wagon was one scum on another. It's also a bit on the nose to see your partner not doing anything and go 'frozen', kind of like HH wrt Thor.
Unless an active scum is frustrated with an inactive buddy and feels there is more value in town cred for pushing the wagon on a scum flip than there is in carrying dead weight.

Bee
Bee
Goon
Bee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Bee »

I don't think Midnight fits the bill of 'active scum'.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by House »

Fair.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:57 pm

In post 1134, Bee wrote:
In post 1132, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1129, Bee wrote:

and
Oh, I wasn't talking about it in regards to the townread. I should have been clear.

I think it's more like, there was resistance that was perhaps unexpected and so Manatee just... gives up on that avenue and comes back weaker/unsure? I don't know if that's scum regrouping or just... being unsure though, because it sucks when everyone disagrees and makes you doubt.
I think that post with the vote on Enchant can go either way (either she was starting to townread House, or just giving up on a House wagon due to loss of support). I just think it's not as valid to say "well my vote on House was back in the #300s and a lot has happened since then" when she was supporting a House wagon more recently than that. Or at least, when she stated a townread on House, it took me by surprise.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by House »

In post 368, Miss Midnight wrote:Good posting from Penguin, pretty bad posting from Gamma.
In post 506, Miss Midnight wrote:
In post 416, Thor Ragnarok wrote:VOTE: Gamma

House, why did you move away from your main on Wake? I thought your playstyle there was quite smooth and buttery
Let's talk about this vote.

VOTE: Thor
MM, what happened between these two posts that made Thor's vote for Gamma worthy of a wagon on Thor?

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by House »

In post 452, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think Thor knows @titus
Interesting that Gamma comments about his suspicion that Thor knows Titus here, but...
In post 616, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 565, Titus wrote:I think Thor might be a good wagon. Thor ignoring my reachout is bugging me. He's a big stats guy...until asked to follow up on it.
Yeah it looks like filler :|
... seems to miss that Titus is quite familiar with Thor here.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

how is that missing that Titus knows Thor?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by House »

In post 1142, Gamma Emerald wrote:how is that missing that Titus knows Thor?
You don't address her knowledge of his playstyle at all.

(Yes, they do know each other)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

well I'm just chiming in with my perspective on his posts there
<Embrace The Void>

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by House »

In post 1144, Gamma Emerald wrote:well I'm just chiming in with my perspective on his posts there
Without noting the familiarity between them in that post.

*shrug*

Just interesting.

Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 1140, House wrote:
In post 368, Miss Midnight wrote:Good posting from Penguin, pretty bad posting from Gamma.
In post 506, Miss Midnight wrote:
In post 416, Thor Ragnarok wrote:VOTE: Gamma

House, why did you move away from your main on Wake? I thought your playstyle there was quite smooth and buttery
Let's talk about this vote.

VOTE: Thor
MM, what happened between these two posts that made Thor's vote for Gamma worthy of a wagon on Thor?
Just because someone makes some bad posts doesn't mean that someone else can't make a worse vote on the first person. Even if that bad posting from Gamma fully translated into a scumread on him, I could still see someone making a horrible vote on him as also being scummy.

Anyways, gonna try to do a bit of catching up.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

You'll have to excuse me if I eschew the typical style of a full spampost catch up, I think it might double the length of the thread. And that's if I could even get through it before passing out.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 833, House wrote:
In post 825, Harvey and Haley wrote:
In post 820, House wrote:Manatee or Enchant would be better votes
Were you scumreading Thor at any point?
Wanna talk about Thor?

-Harvey
Not really, no... I toyed with the idea briefly,
but he has zero motive as scum to actively attempt to derail my wagon in the way that he did, by posting details about me that he could have sat on as scum

If my wagon is derailed, it might land on him or one of his buddies if he's scum, and i don't see him risking that as scum when he's already under suspicion himself.
Think that these kinds of reads (bolded) come a lot more from town than they do scum. Townies have a tendency to townread defenses of themselves, there's a cognitive bias against seeing reasons that someone defending you would be scum. Don't think scum have that same tendency, so think that this is town indicative from House. Probably more so especially given the competing wagon positions of House and Thor, at least at the time of this post.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

Also, yeah. That's how far behind I am, in case it wasn't clear. Back to it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”