GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:30 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 736, T3 wrote:I hammered lq though.

honestly i dont think ur maf

i just wanna kill u >:(
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:32 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 741, alstroemerial wrote:Wow a lot to respond to but I'm going to start by tossing out maybe it doesn't make sense for the doc to CC unless we are pitting Mo against someone, etc. Mo has fakeclaimed PR as town in prior games, or it could be scum!Mo trying to fish out the doctor. The way for scum to save this, I think, is to find the doctor to kill both the PRs ASAP. If Mo is actually doctor, well, I don't think it made sense to claim at all, but Mo's meta adds enough WIFOM that I'm dubious.

tl;dr: if Mo is fakeclaiming doc I don't think that's enough for doc to CC because he has done this as town and would just draw out the actual doc for a nk

stop talking bout my claim and move on.

if im not doc, real doc can evaulate im actually fakeclaiming either as town or scum.

its nai and no point of talking bout it. if scum believe im doc, they just kill me assuming no STUPID cc will come out the way.

just dont focus on it and give scum more info. just please. move on.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:33 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

i just die tonight rip
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:34 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 747, alstroemerial wrote:agh agh agh actually I should have gathered my thoughts instead of posting each one individually. Having thoroughly processed the catchup and in the absence of any cc I find it more likely that the second, town T3 thing is true after all. So, if T3 was scum, it would be for reasons other than what I have been alluding to.

VOTE: Egix because at least T3 did vote for LQ. here are some other things for everyone's consideration, which are more compelling now that I have less reason to believe in my T3 gambit theory:
Spoiler: Egix on LQ
In post 329, Egix96 wrote:
In post 324, alstroemerial wrote:For now, I'm going to VOTE: Egix to try to squeeze some more content out. Question for you: Has your read on LQ changed since given that they've been particularly active, and since the whole slip discussion?
I won't be able to sit down and form a comprehensive, updated read until I am back from visiting my grandparents today, but for the time being I will say that I don't think it's a good idea to yeet the top poster on D1 unless there is a very compelling case for them being scum, because if they flip town it's a huge blow.
early defense

i think this vote my secure that ther is probably 1 maf between alstro and egix?

In post 336, Egix96 wrote:Smh, looks worse now that I've reviewed LQ's posts and seen that he actually had a town lean on Clasko in .

On the other hand, I do get mild town feels from /, and as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions here if it just ends up all being for nothing.
solid hedge
In post 423, Egix96 wrote:
In post 266, Roden wrote:I'd probably still vote LQ first. The flail looked townie, but Margot hasn't really done anything to earn scum points from me. Unless she does some real scummy shit before EoD, I'm putting my vote back on LQ.
I disagree. Aorn I would almost always vote Margot before Quickety.
speaks for itself
In post 473, Egix96 wrote:
In post 470, Roden wrote:What makes you think Margot is scummier?
Eh, it's more that I think she is less towny rather than more scummy, seeing as if I thought anyone were outright scummy I would be hounding them. LQ has / as I mentioned before, whereas Margot only has the "mixup" I mentioned in (gee that feels like it was ages ago) and although I eased off because of Clasko having a TR on her, it seems that not even he believes in that any more. Also also a bit of "sort by postcount, become werewolf expert".
LQ has made really weird pushes all day while Margot just feels more subdued.
I would say that it's Margot who has been being weird whereas LQ has made opportunistic moves, but now that I've said that... well, that only makes me less right and you more right.
more push on Margot instead of LQ
In post 474, Egix96 wrote:But yeah, I'm aware of the dilemma: if LQ flips green, I'll feel like a numpty for not having done enough to prevent it, but if he flips red I know I'll look terrible.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:35 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 753, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 747, alstroemerial wrote:agh agh agh actually I should have gathered my thoughts instead of posting each one individually. Having thoroughly processed the catchup and in the absence of any cc I find it more likely that the second, town T3 thing is true after all. So, if T3 was scum, it would be for reasons other than what I have been alluding to.

VOTE: Egix because at least T3 did vote for LQ. here are some other things for everyone's consideration, which are more compelling now that I have less reason to believe in my T3 gambit theory:
Spoiler: Egix on LQ
In post 329, Egix96 wrote:
In post 324, alstroemerial wrote:For now, I'm going to VOTE: Egix to try to squeeze some more content out. Question for you: Has your read on LQ changed since given that they've been particularly active, and since the whole slip discussion?
I won't be able to sit down and form a comprehensive, updated read until I am back from visiting my grandparents today, but for the time being I will say that I don't think it's a good idea to yeet the top poster on D1 unless there is a very compelling case for them being scum, because if they flip town it's a huge blow.
early defense

In post 336, Egix96 wrote:Smh, looks worse now that I've reviewed LQ's posts and seen that he actually had a town lean on Clasko in .

On the other hand, I do get mild town feels from /, and as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions here if it just ends up all being for nothing.
solid hedge
In post 423, Egix96 wrote:
In post 266, Roden wrote:I'd probably still vote LQ first. The flail looked townie, but Margot hasn't really done anything to earn scum points from me. Unless she does some real scummy shit before EoD, I'm putting my vote back on LQ.
I disagree. Aorn I would almost always vote Margot before Quickety.
speaks for itself
In post 473, Egix96 wrote:
In post 470, Roden wrote:What makes you think Margot is scummier?
Eh, it's more that I think she is less towny rather than more scummy, seeing as if I thought anyone were outright scummy I would be hounding them. LQ has / as I mentioned before, whereas Margot only has the "mixup" I mentioned in (gee that feels like it was ages ago) and although I eased off because of Clasko having a TR on her, it seems that not even he believes in that any more. Also also a bit of "sort by postcount, become werewolf expert".
LQ has made really weird pushes all day while Margot just feels more subdued.
I would say that it's Margot who has been being weird whereas LQ has made opportunistic moves, but now that I've said that... well, that only makes me less right and you more right.
more push on Margot instead of LQ
In post 474, Egix96 wrote:But yeah, I'm aware of the dilemma: if LQ flips green, I'll feel like a numpty for not having done enough to prevent it, but if he flips red I know I'll look terrible.
i quoted it wrong -- here is what i said in resposne to the above quote ^

i think this vote my secure that ther is probably 1 maf between alstro and egix?
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:49 am

Post by alstroemerial »

Okey if you don't think T3 is mafia, want to move over to Egix for today? :D
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:36 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 750, GrandpaMo wrote:

In post 751, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 741, alstroemerial wrote:Wow a lot to respond to but I'm going to start by tossing out maybe it doesn't make sense for the doc to CC unless we are pitting Mo against someone, etc. Mo has fakeclaimed PR as town in prior games, or it could be scum!Mo trying to fish out the doctor. The way for scum to save this, I think, is to find the doctor to kill both the PRs ASAP. If Mo is actually doctor, well, I don't think it made sense to claim at all, but Mo's meta adds enough WIFOM that I'm dubious.

tl;dr: if Mo is fakeclaiming doc I don't think that's enough for doc to CC because he has done this as town and would just draw out the actual doc for a nk

if im not doc, real doc can evaulate im actually fakeclaiming either as town or scum.

its nai and no point of talking bout it. if scum believe im doc, they just kill me assuming no STUPID cc will come out the way.

In post 752, GrandpaMo wrote:i just die tonight rip
Why do you always post the scummiest things possible when trying to gain town cred?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:55 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 743, alstroemerial wrote:
In post 730, Roden wrote:I don't think prolonging the day has gotten us anywhere. We need to come together on a vote before EoD in case the person we run up ends up claiming something other than VT.

Alstro, if you're town and you genuinely believe T3 is scum, you need to come up with a better case than "What if your assumption is wrong?" because even if we are wrong, scum!T3 doesn't ever win at end game anyway. So what exactly makes you think he's scum besides being secretive about his plan? And who else do you think is the second scum if you're wrong about T3?
Alright, I'm sleep-deprived so maybe saying too much, but here's another hint-eroo regarding my earlier posts. Recent conversation offers evidence to readers that my first hypothesis (T3 setting up for endgame) is more likely.

I have said multiple times that my main PoE pool is T3 and Egix. Thus I would most like to move to Egix if not T3. However, again as I have said before, T3 and LQ's interactions on Day 1 can come off as SvS and distancing, especially with the hammer once it was a foregone conclusion that LQ was going to get eliminated.
I'm not sure what the evidence is.

I can see what you mean about T3, but he also could've tied it up and convinced you or panicked someone on Margot's wagon to vote his way to avoid a no-elim. If he's scum then he has me pocketed as well, so he should've felt pretty safe saving LQ. I just think it would've been really easy to mis-elim Margot if he's scum.
In post 48, T3 wrote:
In post 47, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 46, T3 wrote:Mafia not killing anyone is worse than them killing a VT. It's not logical for them to take that risk.
Are you suggesting that Scum will not used their NK if we do this strategy?
No. I'm saying that scum going for Tracker in a 50/50 nk/kill tracker isn't worth it if it fails.
Plus I don't think scum says this publicly to their scum buddy and then go for the play they just said was bad.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:27 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 2.4
alstroemerial
(3): MargotRosa, Roden, T3
T3
(2): Egix96, GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
(1): Ythan
Egix96
(1): alstroemerial

Not voting
(1): StrangeMatter

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-08-30 03:48:00)

Mod NotesProdding MargotRosa

<(") | (")>
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:33 am

Post by T3 »

Hammer alstro plez
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 759, T3 wrote:Hammer alstro plez
I'm waiting to see if Ythan shows up again.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:30 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I'm not really sure what to think about Alstro where his posts to me seem like there's a good deal of WIFORM such as the things with T3 and about the GrandpaMo claim. It can seem like you're threatened by both of these things and not look really scummy since town does this.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:37 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

With EoD coming up I think Alstro should go and we have one confirmed out of T3 and Egix if Mafia NKs. Otherwise we

VOTE: Alstromerical
E-1 (4/5 Votes)

Actually, Roden how confident were you that you knew who was doctor?
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:13 am

Post by alstroemerial »

ok lmao I really didn't want to do this but I am the doctor. Didn't CC unless I was at E-1 for reasons outlined in .

All of my crumbs and hints below. Lots of reference to the mechanic that the doctor cannot protect themselves at night.

Spoiler:
In post 183, alstroemerial wrote:
In post 163, Egix96 wrote:
In post 117, Clasko wrote:Nothing immediately alignment-indicative has come from Egix yet, and
the 'vibes' post on Hockey was a bit 'meh',
but they're making an effort with their recent reads and are looking at alternate angles for them that weren't immediately obvious to me.
For when you come back: are you able to explain why that was?
On that note: I'm finding Alstro's 130 to be meh, mainly because I don't vibe with the reasoning given in the first and last paragraphs.
D
o you have any questions about those paragraphs?
O
r, also, does it help if I add that, in light of recent developments, part of the reason I had Margot so high was I thought she had hinted tracker, so I’m less confident now that I know that’s not the case.
C
an’t see enough to push to a SL though. As for the last paragraph, it was just some general comment on the wagon?
In post 303, alstroemerial wrote:The game has been so quiet that it’s hard to find someone that I feel super duper fired up about. But I get that
we all want to save ourselves
from a no elim and that countdown is making me a little nervous. Looking at Clasko again though I don’t really SR it? I don’t think scum would close the door on fakeclaiming tracker early like in 55, and it seems like they’re trying to solve. Curious how they answer my question.
In post 359, alstroemerial wrote:
In post 341, T3 wrote:VOTE: alstromerial
Sup I know it's PoE but
is there anything can I do here to save myself
from the day pool lol
In post 404, alstroemerial wrote:With that, now I want to go back to VOTE: Egix. I have to
V/LA until Sunday
; I'll be trying to follow along the thread so
I can hopefully help protect us
from a no elim and try to continue to chime in a bit.
In post 640, alstroemerial wrote: Scum could also be willing to gamble on a 50-50 shot that we're in a setup with an FN given that they're in a tight spot. I am curious about Clasko though given that he was prodded and we haven't heard from him since, but since he hasn't been replaced he must have picked up the prod during the night.
Either way, there are some circumstances where a player could find that targeting the tracker is the right answer.
/shrug
(This was a reference that I was on Tracker last night)

Lastly my suspicion on T3 was that everyone thought he was extremely softing doctor. As doctor you know there's decent odds that there is a tracker, and the same goes if you're in a mafia team with a power role (narrowing the columns down). But then it becomes so overt, like, is T3 actually the doctor or just trying to bait the NK? Hence the WIFOM. But it could also be setting up evidence for a doctor fakeclaim in the endgame.

I truly think Mo is VT who was trying to bait the NK, but oh well we can't have nice things
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:19 am

Post by alstroemerial »

If I am limmed I'll reiterate that my PoE is {Egix, T3, Mo} but very much in that order (1, 2, 3). I do recognize that my flip will be helpful, which it better be because after that some scumhunting will be necessary without Ythan.

With less than 12 hours to go I'll shift back to VOTE: T3 but I'll be around this evening (EST) to help prevent a no elim somewhere else if necessary (feels more natural to say prevent instead of save if I'm not crumbing. . . . )
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:21 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

So now there's two doctor claims. That's helpful.
UNVOTE:
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:23 am

Post by alstroemerial »

Like I said,
In post 748, alstroemerial wrote:Or run me up to E-1 for some fun turtle times /wink
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:29 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 756, Roden wrote:
In post 750, GrandpaMo wrote:

In post 751, GrandpaMo wrote:

In post 752, GrandpaMo wrote:i just die tonight rip
Why do you always post the scummiest things possible when trying to gain town cred?
hows this scum?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:29 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 764, alstroemerial wrote:If I am limmed I'll reiterate that my PoE is {Egix, T3, Mo} but very much in that order (1, 2, 3). I do recognize that my flip will be helpful, which it better be because after that some scumhunting will be necessary without Ythan.

With less than 12 hours to go I'll shift back to VOTE: T3 but I'll be around this evening (EST) to help prevent a no elim somewhere else if necessary (feels more natural to say prevent instead of save if I'm not crumbing. . . . )
vote egix wit me

VOTE: Egix

i think 86.79% we win this game after this condemn
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:31 am

Post by alstroemerial »

I agree, but it seems like you and I are the only ones that feel that way and I don't want to run out of time
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:34 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 769, alstroemerial wrote:I agree, but it seems like you and I are the only ones that feel that way and I don't want to run out of time
nah i think ur doc claim will have ppl unvoting u and vote with the confirmed.

smh yk im the real doc; ill just let u roleswap <3
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:36 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

So let's not vote out Grandpa and Astromerical, and if one of them dies its probably the other.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:37 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

*dies and reveals Doctor.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:41 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 771, StrangeMatter wrote:So let's not vote out Grandpa and Astromerical, and if one of them dies its probably the other.
... or we are both town?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:52 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Well that could be true, but I'm not voting between you two either way.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”