: Tetrina

>>
skitter30 [1]
: Gamma Emerald

>>
Not Voting [3]
: Ydrasse, Something_Smart, Galron

>>
With 9 still trudging on, it takes 5 votes to exile someone. If a majority is not reached by deadline, plurality will decide.

>>
The Day Three deadline is in:
(expired on 2021-09-03 15:00:00)

>>
Mod Notes:
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

>>
[/mech]
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:21 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 3982, Something_Smart wrote:Pooky, I think it's safe to assume that a team of me/ssbm is never going to win at this point. Can you please start giving thought to alternatives?

In particular, even if you scumread us both, wouldn't it make sense to kill her today? If she flips scum then I surely get shot or executed eventually, but it lets me shoot before dying.
r u going to vote for her?

who do you even suspect?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:22 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

like you know its hard for me to ever townread you when u literally never try to even hunt any1 down and just stand there going "hmmm i think ___ is town" like it doesnt do anything for me
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Something_Smart »

It's no small wonder you ended up with a gun, then, considering that you're stubbornly refusing to consider that I might not play exactly like you. Like seriously, everyone in this game who knows me, even skitter who scumreads me, can attest that that's normal.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:28 am

I'm not going to consider executing someone with a gun today. I'm not executing Tetrina, I'm obviously not executing Cephrir, that leaves {skitter, Galron, ssbm}. I don't have especially strong feelings on any of them, it having been made abundantly clear that my reads yesterday were not good. Between the three of them I would probably pick skitter because it would explain the lack of solidity of reads in general and she really doesn't seem to be trying to sort me today (or even listen to me).

I'm expecting tonight to sort everything out. I'm also expecting to get shot tonight so I don't really think I'll have to deal with it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

it's wild that i we haven't even managed to generate a real galron wagon at any point. pretty incredible really. seems like scum really hate that idea c:
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:42 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3996, Something_Smart wrote:Really? You think as town I would be gifted a vig and just lay down and die before I get a chance to use it?
- i think survivalism is a scumtrait
- it's not like you're being particularly clear or forthcoming on how you're planning on using it or anything
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 4004, Something_Smart wrote:I'm not going to consider executing someone with a gun today. I'm not executing Tetrina, I'm obviously not executing Cephrir, that leaves {skitter, Galron, ssbm}. I don't have especially strong feelings on any of them, it having been made abundantly clear that my reads yesterday were not good.
Between the three of them I would probably pick skitter because it would explain the lack of solidity of reads in general and she really doesn't seem to be trying to sort me today (or even listen to me)

I'm expecting tonight to sort everything out. I'm also expecting to get shot tonight so I don't really think I'll have to deal with it.
uh i think at this point my reads are fairly clear + i also think i've sorted you already, what new info am i gtting today exactly
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:45 am

In post 4006, skitter30 wrote:- i think survivalism is a scumtrait
it depends on the situation! seriously though, what exactly would you be expecting me to do as town here, if not exactly this? it's not even because I specifically don't want to die, there's a very particular mechanical reason for it.

like what is this level zero thinking, it feels like you're not even considering the things I'm saying :/
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

ok the more important part of that post was the second point, namely you're not really being very clear what you're planning on doing tonight, and at least for me if your entire point is that you should not get flipped so that you can use the gun, it's important to know who youw ant to use it *on*

also survivalism is actually a p good scumtell, i've had quite a lot of success with it
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

like what do you think i'm not considering here
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:50 am

In post 4010, skitter30 wrote:like what do you think i'm not considering here
- that scum very likely gave out the guns, and therefore they probably don't have a way to mess with it
- that given the above, there is mechanically no upside to executing someone with a gun because you lose a town-controlled kill if they are town; it's only downside
- that given the above, mechanically I should want to survive today (along with everyone else with a gun), regardless of my alignment
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4009, skitter30 wrote:ok the more important part of that post was the second point, namely you're not really being very clear what you're planning on doing tonight, and at least for me if your entire point is that you should not get flipped so that you can use the gun, it's important to know who youw ant to use it *on*

also survivalism is actually a p good scumtell, i've had quite a lot of success with it
I personally feel like survivalism is a bit overrated as a scumtell at times
If I can muster the resolve, I will fight as long and hard as I can to stick out games until the end as town.
I also kinda tried to survivalism-read someone recently to not-great results
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 4011, Something_Smart wrote:- that given the above, there is mechanically no upside to executing someone with a gun
because you lose a town-controlled kill if they are town; it's only downside
ok, the bolded is true *if the assumption that the gunners are town* holds, which is not at all obvious to me
if you're scum you just get another kill tongiht, and that's a very big downside to my pov

and again i'm kinda interested in the bit where you explain *what you want to do with the gun* even
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 4012, Gamma Emerald wrote:I also kinda tried to survivalism-read someone recently to not-great results
i've had success with it

but whatever let's move on to the fact that ss wants to be alive to shoot someone but isn't elaborating on who or what he wants to do wiht it
Show
Hiatus once more.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

that is a more salient point, yes
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3992, Cephrir wrote:She just hasn't ever made me feel like she isnt. Games been going a while I need some good content to not feel bad about you

Sry if this is not inspiring
I will say I maybe get where you're going with having the most trusted person shoot alone btw
but if we flip scum today scum get reduced cover
<Embrace The Void>

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:58 am

In post 4013, skitter30 wrote:ok, the bolded is true *if the assumption that the gunners are town* holds, which is not at all obvious to me
if you're scum you just get another kill tongiht, and that's a very big downside to my pov
No it doesn't! If we execute a scum with a gun, assuming exactly one scum dies overnight (that's the only way the game continues), then it goes down to 3:1. If we instead executed a player without a gun, that scum with a gun would get to shoot (and would presumably also be shot), so it would instead go to 2:1, with one more trusted townie dead. Dayplay-wise, there might be a small difference here, but realistically I think the game will probably be solvable in mylo regardless. But mechanically, there is no difference between the two.

That's the crux of the argument. As long as the trusted people make their reads clear, then having one of them die overnight isn't really a big loss-- but executing a townie with a gun is a huge loss.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:59 am

In post 4014, skitter30 wrote:but whatever let's move on to the fact that ss wants to be alive to shoot someone but isn't elaborating on who or what he wants to do wiht it
Whoever people want me to shoot. It literally doesn't matter.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:00 am

I will probably listen to Ceph's direction in the end, but the most important thing is that we coordinate anyway.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

S_S I feel like one thing that points to you being scum is your sheer unwillingness to take real stances
gth (near literally), what's your solve/PoE?
<Embrace The Void>

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:03 am

How does that point to me being scum?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

you're trying to avoid giving out associatives that might reveal your last partner
<Embrace The Void>

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:06 am

You were just recently scum with me. Is that at all what I did?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

you replaced into a very different situation there
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”