Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1757, Miss Midnight wrote:
In post 1659, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:To be honest, I'm kind of getting cold feet on the Gamma wagon too. His lack of confidence in his reads feels genuine.
Mm, still not really feeling it. His basically dropping of his read on me seems to me like wanting to get away from a subject that he looked bad on and have it be forgotten as soon as possible. From his perspective as theoretical town, I was the scum basically spearheading his miselimination. With a read like that, you either keep calling for that person's death up until your own, or if you change your mind on them you'd certainly make some point of explaining it. The the nonexplained dropping of the read into just move onto another vote, and then another shift of course onto the only viable counterwagon doesn't seem genuine to me. It reads more like he thought that he could win when it came to the competing wagon with me, that didn't pan out and then he moved onto the only other one that could work, while trying to drop everything he said about me because it didn't look good.
I think this would depend on how confident he was in his scumread. It looked like he was resigned to his own elim since he didn't really have any good scumreads.

Although I'm not sure how to interpret his
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 1771, PenguinPower wrote:Feel free to be snarky because I am saying that.

Without trying to come across as snarky, let me know when you want to tell me why I’m next in line.
Sure. I think you've done basically no scumhunting while pretending at various points like you have. It seems to me like you have almost no conviction in any reads. Exactly like you say, I think you've been snarky a lot, but to my recollection almost none of it has been in the service of or during the discussion of some strongly held read you have, it's mostly just been random conversations that aren't really alignment relevant. I think that none of these things would be true if you were town. You clearly have this attitude (not to imply it's a bad thing) when someone calls you a "follower", or when someone says they didn't realize prods were 36 hours, or other things. It seems to me like some kind of interaction of this sort would have happened regarding some read you had, were you town. And again, those other things I mentioned first, like a seeming lack of scumhunting.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 1776, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1659, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:To be honest, I'm kind of getting cold feet on the Gamma wagon too. His lack of confidence in his reads feels genuine.
Mm, still not really feeling it. His basically dropping of his read on me seems to me like wanting to get away from a subject that he looked bad on and have it be forgotten as soon as possible. From his perspective as theoretical town, I was the scum basically spearheading his miselimination. With a read like that, you either keep calling for that person's death up until your own, or if you change your mind on them you'd certainly make some point of explaining it. The the nonexplained dropping of the read into just move onto another vote, and then another shift of course onto the only viable counterwagon doesn't seem genuine to me. It reads more like he thought that he could win when it came to the competing wagon with me, that didn't pan out and then he moved onto the only other one that could work, while trying to drop everything he said about me because it didn't look good.
I think this would depend on how confident he was in his scumread. It looked like he was resigned to his own elim since he didn't really have any good scumreads.

Elaborate on the confidence point as well as the point about being resigned? Even if I knew the bell already tolled for me, I'd be screaming at people to get whoever I thought was scum if they were the one who had gotten me killed, or drove my wagon.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Ah - welcome to my day 1. As an alt you may be aware, but if not it’s an educational moment for you.

Your third sentence is spot on.
<(") | (")>
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 1777, Miss Midnight wrote:
In post 1771, PenguinPower wrote:Feel free to be snarky because I am saying that.

Without trying to come across as snarky, let me know when you want to tell me why I’m next in line.
Sure. I think you've done basically no scumhunting while pretending at various points like you have. It seems to me like you have almost no conviction in any reads. Exactly like you say, I think you've been snarky a lot, but to my recollection almost none of it has been in the service of or during the discussion of some strongly held read you have, it's mostly just been random conversations that aren't really alignment relevant. I think that none of these things would be true if you were town. You clearly have this attitude (not to imply it's a bad thing) when someone calls you a "follower", or when someone says they didn't realize prods were 36 hours, or other things. It seems to me like
some kind of interaction of this sort
would have happened regarding some read you had, were you town. And again, those other things I mentioned first, like a seeming lack of scumhunting.
Let me clarify the bolded here. Not "some kind of interaction", I think that a
consistent pattern of interactions
like this would be visible.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Also comparing reading players to reading rules is not a good look.

Two totally different things. One is veeeeerrrry objective.
<(") | (")>
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 1781, PenguinPower wrote:Also comparing reading players to reading rules is not a good look.

Two totally different things. One is veeeeerrrry objective.
?

I'm not comparing those two things. It was one example of the way that you respond to various things to demonstrate that despite those being your responses to topics which aren't super game relevant or alignment indicative, you don't seem to have a consistent pattern of those same types of responses in the service of actual reads.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1777, Miss Midnight wrote:You clearly have this attitude (not to imply it's a bad thing) when someone calls you a "follower", or when someone says they didn't realize prods were 36 hours,
This is very much doing that thing.
<(") | (")>
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

I'm not sure I'm "comparing them", or would ever disagree that they're two different things. I think that they're both decent examples of you responding to things which aren't actually super game relevant though, which as I just said ties into my broader point.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:50 pm

In post 1778, Miss Midnight wrote:
In post 1776, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

Elaborate on the confidence point as well as the point about being resigned? Even if I knew the bell already tolled for me, I'd be screaming at people to get whoever I thought was scum if they were the one who had gotten me killed, or drove my wagon.
If Gamma were strongly scumreading you (just as an example), I would fully expect him to do everything to avert his own elim and scream for your elim instead. But if he's not that confident in his scumread or any read, then I don't really expect him to kick and yell going down.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Mmmmmm
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Dats! I need a vc.
<(") | (")>
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

In post 1773, Miss Midnight wrote:
In post 1734, Thor Ragnarok wrote:When she's here, she seems very interested in the game and energetic. So it doesn't correlate that she's had very long stretches of inactivity and had to be prodded twice. It means that interest and engagement when she is here may be fake, since she seems disinterested to post actively outside of it.
Fuck off.
Why this reaction?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:52 pm

I think there are some players that would never go down without a fight as town, but Gamma doesn't strike me as one of those players.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 1785, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:If Gamma were strongly scumreading you (just as an example), I would fully expect him to do everything to avert his own elim and scream for your elim instead. But if he's not that confident in his scumread or any read, then I don't really expect him to kick and yell going down.
Do you think that his posts trying to convince people that I'm scum demonstrate a lack of confidence? This is a serious question. I've re-looked at them myself and I don't see it, but if you do I'd like to hear why.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 1788, Thor Ragnarok wrote:
In post 1773, Miss Midnight wrote:
In post 1734, Thor Ragnarok wrote:When she's here, she seems very interested in the game and energetic. So it doesn't correlate that she's had very long stretches of inactivity and had to be prodded twice. It means that interest and engagement when she is here may be fake, since she seems disinterested to post actively outside of it.
Fuck off.
Why this reaction?
Stupid logic, completely ignoring alternative hypotheses and saying that missing one day is "very long stretches of inactivity". Bothers me. So fuck off and come up with something more substantiative.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:57 pm

That's one way to read his hop onto ManateeGal -- when other people pointed out how much they disliked his push on you, he dropped it.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 1789, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I think there are some players that would never go down without a fight as town, but Gamma doesn't strike me as one of those players.
I'm not so sure I'd describe it as "going down without a fight". Carries some connotations I think would be misleading. I would describe it more as a lack of a demonstrated thought process that I think is very likely to be there should someone be town.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

In post 495, Miss Midnight wrote:I often like to pretend to be super cool by shrouding myself in mystery and being enigmatic
So much for this huh
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

That said, VOTE: Gamma
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

You seem to approach this game as if everyone plays (or should play) like you.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

That was @ MM
<(") | (")>
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 1792, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:That's one way to read his hop onto ManateeGal -- when other people pointed out how much they disliked his push on you, he dropped it.
In this case that would be starting from the conclusion and working backwards, or even circularly. I'd be saying we know he lacks confidence because he hopped on Manatee, and he wouldn't have hopped on Manatee without confidence. Where's the
prior evidence
of it, in this case?
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 1794, Thor Ragnarok wrote:
In post 495, Miss Midnight wrote:I often like to pretend to be super cool by shrouding myself in mystery and being enigmatic
So much for this huh
I guess? I'm sorry if I insulted or offended you. But like I said, it hurts me as well when people try to use me missing one day against me when I put in a ton in the time that I have here.

Return to “Completed Open Games”