Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 1772, Dragon of the West wrote:I was torn on Gamma going into this day phase. Let me re-read their ISO, certain moments have made me think they're town but I can't really shake the feeling they might not be
Yeah after re-read I'm really meh on gamma's slot...I don't think anything D1 indicates they couldn't be Cyrus' scum partner and if anything their play seemed like someone not ready to bus D1 but realizing from the get go they might have to because it's Cyrus...I'd be inclined to say Gamma would normally throw Cyrus straight into a dumpster and grill him D1 as scum partners EXCEPT for the fact that Cyrus most likely got scums' best role to hunt cult and they wouldn't want to lose that D1.
I think Gamma and Kyo could be SvT or TvT but I don't see them ever being SvS. I could probably end up going either of those slots today but I'd like Kyo to come back and talk about literally anything game related that isn't mechanics
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:15 pm

In post 1774, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Is there any particular instance of me not following the list exactly that you feel is unjust?
Hang tight I'll find examples after dinner
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1759, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 223, Nero Cain wrote:I also kinda agree with cakez about ssbm
In post 288, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think ssbm is all that townie Wich is why I didn't really like you saying that you wouldn't vote them.

I didn't and I don't think cakez did either, take ssbms vote on mega to be an rvs vote Wich is why is a bit scummy.
In post 503, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:As for my pool of 6: Cyrus, Nero, Thor, Cakez, Dragon, and RMH:
I didn't like this post b/c its all the popular wagons and being down with all the popular wagons is just a great way to blend in. There's plenty of scum motivation to it.

even d1 me called it out
In post 521, Nero Cain wrote:I would like to point out that her pool of 6 is everyone besides dragon that's been mentioned as a possible wagon.
In post 736, Nero Cain wrote:It's null but scum do use heavy mech talk to hide behind
this was both in general and at ssbm. It was my worry that she was using heavy mech talk to hide behind.
In post 1161, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1151, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I kinda just want to know if the cult is real. We're too fragmented. This is the most pro-town elim today I think

VOTE: Gamma

I could also do James because I can see Gamma/James as partners, and if they are, the cult is possibly a lie to distract from scum
:eek:

you've been all about finding and killing cult and now you are voting not cult?!?

someone rolled cult so it exists.
In post 1163, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1151, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:the cult is possibly a lie to distract from scum
I mean Jesus fuck, you were cult hunting all day and someone rolled cult. Am I really the only one that thinks this is B.S?
In post 1279, Nero Cain wrote:tbf cyrus isn't the first one that has brought up that it seems fake as shit that SSBM spent the entire day cult hunting and BELIEVING megas roll claim to doubting if it was true
In post 1284, Nero Cain wrote:you weren't getting snowed, you are just full of shit
I was going to quote a post but I forgot which one but its like SSBM is just there and blowing with the breeze. She was town reading Cyrus all of d1 and then quick hammered him and then was town reading Thor and then as soon as Thor gets mentioned as a possible elimination she's wanting to policy him. This also relates to and here thing about believing in a cult to thinking the cult was a lie and trying to use it to get a Gamma flip....like I realize reads and thoughts change but she seems especially ez going like she doesn't have any hard thoughts or theories, they all just change with the drop of a hat.
In post 1624, Nero Cain wrote:SSBM keeps doing this weird thing where she weaves in and out of the list. sometimes it's like she treats the roll list like gospel and other times she just sort of ignores it and revisions it. Like all of d1 she was cult hunting and then it became "well maybe there isn't a cult." and today her thoughts on Thor being scum are nonsense.
-and here's the OMGUS
In post 1684, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:You've been mudslinging since D1
wanted to point out that she's trying to belittle and misclassify my play as mudslinging when I'm just hunting. This is classic scum ad hom.
In post 1700, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:you've been pecking at me from the sidelines.
whine that I'm scumreading her
I responded to 521 on D1, but to reiterate, I felt it was most likely that scum would try to copy the roll-claims of town closely enough so that when we massclaim it would be plausible that a person could have received their role from either the scum's fake roll or from a real town role. The 6 players I had in that POE in 503 were players who had claimed rolls that could overlap with each other after the mod's fudging. I also prioritized the people that claimed the latest, because the first person of those 6 to claim couldn't be copying anyone else.

736 - It's null but scum do it? It's NAI for me. I cant recall the last time I played a mech-heavy game as scum, but I can direct you to open 820: Siege of Aurelia and mini Theme Owner's Market Blitz in my recent ego. In both of these games, I, as town, am very focused on mechanics. I believe I would do the same thing as scum, but I would do it in a way that benefits scum. For example, I would never make the point "dont claim if you're off the list" as scum because I wouldnt expect most other people to realize that scum.could hunt a specific PR they rolled and lied about by POEing players off-list. I would let people claim that silently and one of the off-listers would have died last Night in an attempt to find the doubled vig which was clearly rolled by scum.

1161 is the post I was talking about earlier where Nero doesnt question whether the cult is real, which would also look like a TMI on Gamma if Nero is scum. Also, I don't think Gamma has played in such a way that their claim is above reproach. There are several possibilities ranging from scum that lied about what they rolled to town that told the truth. Possibly Gamma is scum that told the truth. No reason not to out the cult if you're scum and know it exists. However, there is also a benefit for scum if town thinks a cult exists when it does not - it distracts town from the real threat. This is a concrete advantage, and easily tears down the accusation that it's scummy for me to have reconsidered whether Gamma's claim was even true. This is kind of a response to 1163 as well

1279 - Cyrus (scum) brings up that it's scummy for me to question whether cult is real when I am specifically questioning it because I think Gamma could be scum lying about the cult. This isn't a reason to SR me unless you're thinking Cyrus was only doing this to Distance. If that's the case you haven't made it evident yet.

1284 - Its still quite possible I was considering what Cakez flipped. But you'll continue to wave the truth away I'm sure.

As for the next paragraph, you're just describing my towngame. I flip-flop a lot. I rethink things a lot. I forget things a lot. As scum, my game moves in more of a line than a zig-zag.

And in 1652, yes, I finally voted you. I've felt like your points on me have been weak for a while and with 1624 it just got egregious. You'd been (imo) misrepping me for most of the game and tunneling me, and I was willing to think you weren't acting in bad faith up until then. 1624 set me off because you're describing my solving process as "revisioning" and I feel like you arent solving. You feel to me like a fly buzzing around. That's what flies do though, so it's annoying, but it's just what you do. But then you landed on my food.

I dont think you've been hunting, and if you really have been, you're just tunneling town and you're not going to get anywhere with it
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:24 pm

Jk I'm gonna do it in the morning when I'm on PC instead of mobile
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:23 pm

Post by redtea »

alright Kyouko has left the pool. Dripping water on the tiles and drying off with a towel as we speak.

{nero, rmh, thor} is my new pool for today

inb4 me and kyouko r scumbuddies oh nvm too late

/not a pt slip
*Old account here
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:15 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1778, Dragon of the West wrote:Jk I'm gonna do it in the morning when I'm on PC instead of mobile
mood

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:27 am

Post by Robert M Hunter »

It feels presumptuous of me to say this because you are all so much more experienced than me at hunting scum, but for the record, and so I can check my success/failure at it later, I will put it out there that I believe Nero is town. Crossing fingers that I'm right about something.
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:29 am

No one is concerned that someone lied about rolling my role? Is there a strategic reason for that, that I am not seeing?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:31 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 1782, Robert M Hunter wrote:No one is concerned that someone lied about rolling my role? Is there a strategic reason for that, that I am not seeing?
I kind of expect scum to lie, and there's any number of reasons for them to do so. The trouble is, what do you do with the knowledge that someone lied about it? It might be useful when massclaim happens, but until then, there's not much we can do about that line of questioning.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:37 am

Post by Marashu »

redtea, why is robert in your poe?
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:41 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1707, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1704, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Because it feels like everything you have to say is so transparently rooted in a misrepresentation or is easily disproved, or isn't concrete
what am I misrepping? What are you disproving?
In post 1711, Nero Cain wrote:like I'm pretty certain that I'm just getting railroaded by scum here but I don't think town really cares
Responses below:
Spoiler: Wall of Quote Stripes
In post 250, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 242, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 239, Nero Cain wrote:I stopped caring about this game on page 4. Follow me cakez
you didnt even post till 9 pages in to the game this is so not your town game prove me wrong?
I wasn't around before then. I'll let me content speak for me.
I grabbed a few quotes in here that struck me as possible theater, or just seemed slightly off, with Cyrus. The response Nero has feels hollow to me, like it's lacking a fire that is usually present in his posts. However Cyrus has made a similar post at me as well later - kind of a "glancing blow" type of point where he says something to imply I'm scummy and it's just a weak point and he doesn't follow up. So maybe Nero is not teamed with Cyrus either. Anyways, I'm not sure Nero's content speaks well enough for him in the upcoming posts.
In post 217, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 46, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 44, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Everyone should out their rolls btw, not just players that rolled 13-20. It will help poe later when we can reference flips back to claims.
This makes sense but it also feels so wrong to do.
Why? I'm not sure why we are claiming our numbers so I'd like it explained why this is a good strat?
^This is an example of pecking from the sidelines. It's a response to James rather than me, and it should be apparent why we would claim rolls. I think this was meant to plant the seed that maybe claiming rolls is not a good idea, because Nero doesn't want to claim his. If you think about it for even a couple of minutes you should be able to see why claiming rolls is good, or at least why I thought it was good if you disagree, and thenhave a substantive argument
against
roll-claiming, rather than this passive-aggressive question that shows a lack of depth of thought behind it.
In post 225, Nero Cain wrote:Hunters vote for cakez is bad. I also don't like redtea saying they won't vote for ssbm
I feel like Nero goes all out early to try to discredit me before it becomes inevitable that everyone will have to claim. I don't think his early SR, or his current SR on me are real and are instead agenda-driven. If it was a town agenda to stop the claims, town would have challenged the claims rather than trying to paint me in a negative light to make people doubt me and choose not to claim.
In post 257, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Tldr on roll-claiming
  • if we all claim rolls, we know the possible roles in the setup. This can help us later on in massclaim. It will create situations where if scum want to lie about a role then, or lie about a roll now, they can be caught later on by poe
This is my response anyways though, in case Nero is town I wanted to answer his question seriously, and also wanted to make sure there was no question about whether roll-claiming was beneficial.
In post 281, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 279, cyrus62 wrote:are we even going to scum hunt or just mec talk all day.
I mean we could kill u and call it a day
This is another one of Nero's interactions with Cyrus that feels off to me. There's a bit more fire in the tone but I'm still not convinced Nero really intends to lim Cyrus here. He's working on other wagons.
In post 288, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think ssbm is all that townie Wich is why I didn't really like you saying that you wouldn't vote them.

I didn't and I don't think cakez did either, take ssbms vote on mega to be an rvs vote Wich is why is a bit scummy.
I didn't ever say it was an RVS vote so I'm not sure what the problem is. I used my vote to support my early townread while I was focusing on rollclaims. I have a consistent voting pattern on D1 of voting for players that are against roll-claiming, and that persists until we have all of the claims. That's when I start using my vote traditionally.
In post 407, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 342, Marashu wrote:UNVOTE:

Hunter is either town or unpartnered scum here - I don't think he asks that if he has a PT. Also, Hunter, if you look at your sent messages, it will show the results of your rolls. Use that with the chart in the setup post.
I don't really understand the unvote unless you are prioritizing team scum over other scum factions and intentional dumb tells do exist. Whats his scum game like? I think Hunter's play is scummy so....I'm voting there for now.
The vote on Hunter is consistent with the scumread on me at least. It looks like he's placed it there because he doesn't like that RMH voted cakez in a bad way. He didn't like the way I voted MegA. The difference is that Nero has a TR on Cakez, so defending Cakez does make sense here. Defending MegA did not.
In post 503, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:As for my pool of 6: Cyrus, Nero, Thor, Cakez, Dragon, and RMH:

That is the order they claimed in. Cyrus claimed first, and is not likely to lie, so I'm striking him right away. Cakez's roll, if true, will most likely be able to differentiated from the others because of the 2 modifiers, and would then only possibly conflict with Nero's roll if Cakez's 2d20 ended up with 1 modifier.

For this my pool narrows to Nero, Thor, Dragon, and RMH. The later the claim, the more likely it was claimed specifically to be obfuscated by the previous claims. So RMH is first in line for me. Also I think his "gambit" might have just been him overreacting to possibly having scumslipped 2 games in a row (this being the second game)
I've explained why the people that are in my pool are in pool in the same post, the first post where I reveal my pool...
In post 516, Nero Cain wrote:I uh don't really get ssbm's thing about the pool or what not. I think I got the gist of what she's trying to do. Get everyone to claim so we know at least 8 of the roles and then play the match game. Not really sure how successful that strat would be with 5 roles changed.
...But Nero doesn't get it...
In post 521, Nero Cain wrote:I would like to point out that her pool of 6 is everyone besides dragon that's been mentioned as a possible wagon. Although I think dotw saying that he'll sheep a town reads seems very dissimilar from my previous experience with him and rmh is scummy with his terrible vote of cakez
...and he's shading my pool when it's already been explained. I didn't come out and say "I'll do these 6 players because I have TRs everywhere else" without explaining the TRs or something. It is already on display where those names came from, and it is easily verified. This is the type of mudslinging from the sidelines I have felt Nero has been doing since early on D1 when he passive-aggressively asked why we're claiming rolls.
In post 529, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 521, Nero Cain wrote:I would like to point out that her pool of 6 is everyone besides dragon that's been mentioned as a possible wagon. Although I think dotw saying that he'll sheep a town reads seems very dissimilar from my previous experience with him and rmh is scummy with his terrible vote of cakez
Ngl I haven't really been paying attention to wagons and am only looking at the roll-claims. Pretty sure this setup can be cracked because of the shuffles, but only if we eliminate correctly. If we get to LYLO with, say, the actual Town Roleblocker, Thor, and RMH, it would be difficult for the roleblocker to know which one lied. This is an oversimplified example, but the point is, we know that exactly 5 roles were fudged, and we know
how
they were fudged as well (exactly one roll, never more than one roll from the same 3d20 was fudged). Makes it possible to poe this because of the shuffle. Now there's only a 0.45% (half a percent) chance that RMH rolled the same thing as Thor, and vice versa. Once we have enough flips, we'll start to see how many rolls were fudged and by the time we are ready to massclaim, we should have some mechanical 1v1s
But still, I answer him, just like last time, in case he is town that actually doesn't understand. Again I think with a bit of thought on his own, Nero could have gotten here
before
he asked his question in the first place.

These next few quotes are our responses to Cyrus saying he gets SRed a lot and is easy to lim.
In post 537, Nero Cain wrote:I don't really feel like you are
In post 538, Nero Cain wrote:Like maybe you could argue that you get suspected slot but I don't think you are ez to lim.
In post 539, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:In my experience cyrus is easy to lim both as town and as scum
Just wanted to include this to show the difference. 538 maybe is a soft defense without appealing directly to any of the Cyrus voters. By saying "Like maybe you could argue you get suspected a lot", people suspecting Cyrus are naturally going to question themselves if they think Cyrus is suspected more often than he should be. They might think he's LHF and reconsider SRs on him by reading that. My response is honest and doesn't defend or shade Cyrus. It just tells the truth about my past experience with Cyrus. Maybe Nero has had a different experience, or maybe something more sinister is going on.
In post 591, Nero Cain wrote:Tea is being hesitant to vote me. I wonder what alignment that comes from? Also would make sense that tea doesn't think ssbm is scum bc tea actually knows ssbm isn't mafia.
I'm not sure where this comes from all of a sudden. I don't think having this type of theory is inherently scummy because I think shit like this all the time, especially early on when my reads are newer, but I don't
see
the progression of Nero's read on redtea get to the point that he sees them as so scummy that he thinks "maybe they're the scummy one and they're just using Kyouko as a shield." What I think is, this VC had just been posted where Cyrus's wagon is picking up steam, and this is just a chainsaw on one of the Cyrus voters that looks the most natural. I don't think pushing James or T3 here would have looked as natural as redtea when ISOing Nero, so they're the natural target if the agenda is to chainsaw the Cyrus wagon. Also at this point, Nero is slowing down on me, and we're both voting the same person. I think this is probably one of the most concrete points on Nero as I doubt anyone else is going to feel as strongly that Nero has been mudslinging as I do. Here's the VC that had just happened:
In post 573, Cook wrote:
votecount 1.5
Marashu (1):
Dragon of the West
MegAzumarill (1):
Dwlee99
redtea (1):
MegAzumarill
cyrus62 (3):
JamesTheNames, redtea, T3

ssbm_Kyouko (1):
SirCakez
SirCakez (2):
ssbm_Kyouko, Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter (3):
Nero Cain, Marashu, ssbm_Kyouko

Nero Cain (1):
cyrus62

With 13 alive it takes 7 to reach a consensus.

(expired on 2021-08-30 10:25:14) remaining until deadline.
I think 593 is directed at Cakez.
In post 593, Nero Cain wrote:Sure I could buy that rmh is low hanging fruit but sometimes that's just scum. I mean, I feel like your vote on ssbm made sense and then t3 kinda made a big deal about it and called it scummy and then rmh comes in and just blindly sheep. That kinda play just feels a little scummy to me. Could he just be real bad? Sure I guess
This is also right after the VC. It does show consistency on the Cakez read which may be +town for Nero. I just feel like if Nero has the below opinion on gambits, he never SRs RMH in the first place. That was the brunt of RMH's posting at the time Nero made . Yes 619 comes after 407, but it's clear this isn't a case-by-case thing for Nero. He just thinks gambits are something low-level players do. If you think Robert's a noob, I don't think you SR him for the "choo choo" vote and you don't do it for the gambit either with this opinion that gambits are NAI but more often town because of the distribution of players (which is just another way to say NAI).
In post 619, Nero Cain wrote:Re gambits: they are something that slot of low lvl players do and they fail like 8/10 times. Scum claim to do gambits for town cred/excuse bad play.

It's mostly null. You could argue that gambits mostly come from town bc there's more town in a game
In post 637, Nero Cain wrote:Yes I got 9 9 18

Not sure if I buy the thor=scum. I mean I guess he could act like a bored/useless townie instead of being a bored/useless townie
This seems like a weak read on Thor though. I think if Nero is scum Thor could be with them both as Nero doesn't seem interested in counterwagoning Cyrus with Thor.
In post 638, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Alright, only people that are conflicting then, considering Nero and Dragon's modifiers, is Cyrus/Thor/Cakez(technically, but unlikely because 2d20 reroll for modifiers)/and RMH
Including that my pool shrinks in light of new information because it is actually based on the claims and not based on "who has been mentioned as a wagon already"
In post 670, Nero Cain wrote:In fairness I'm hard skimming Cyrus's post but I don't think he's a horrible use of the days elimination
Maybe. Maaaaaaybe Nero has been tunneling as town and is just now surfacing because a lot of players are starting to suspect Cyrus and now he sees maybe he's been missing something outside of his tunnel.
In post 767, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 172, redtea wrote:
In post 165, JamesTheNames wrote:Not a single one of my posts has a hint of LAMIST.
This is the funniest post all thread
Funny how? Funny in an ironic way because James looked LAMIST? Or something else? If the former, what seemed LAMIST to you?
In post 174, redtea wrote:unless james is just like that imma vote him
VOTE: james
i should meta, but i probably wont get around to it. if anyone has prev experience speak up. Ill hammer a mega wagon if that happens, just for funsies. Seems like the kind of person who could slip under my radar, leading me to miselim.
Thats where im at so far. Wont vote kyouko, wont vote t3. Kyouko gave me town vibes until i remembered factions and 3p exist. id bet shes not mafia aligned at least.
Why would you hammer a MegAzumarill wagon for funsies?
Including this post because it is the one that Nero is replying to next. I'm responding to 2 posts way back on page 6 and 7 here, so I think it's clear I'm rereading.
In post 768, Nero Cain wrote:Why wouldn't we hammer mega?
Maybe Nero misses the context that I'm rereading, which could explain why he asks this so passive-aggressively.
In post 770, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
At the end of page 7 you and RMH hadn't posted anything yet, Thor and MegA had fewer than 5 posts each, I think DotW also had very little posts at that point. Do you think it would have been right to hammer MegA at that time?
In post 812, Nero Cain wrote:
At the end of page 7 you and RMH hadn't posted anything yet, Thor and MegA had fewer than 5 posts each, I think DotW also had very little posts at that point. Do you think it would have been right to hammer MegA at that time?
I feel like this is a misrepresentation. We shouldn't be ending the day by p7 anyways and I don't even think that's what redtea was saying.when I wrote this I had actually forgotten that mega was on an Uber long v/la and I was saying that I wouldn't mind killing a useless lurksack.
I did not misrepresent anything Nero said. What I did do, was clarify what I meant in the first place, and explained why I thought what I did. Then, I asked Nero if he thought it would have been right, because I didn't want to assume from his passive-aggressive question (that was clearly built out of him misunderstanding what I meant) that he
would
have wanted to hammer MegA at that time. If I had done that,
that
would have been a misrep. I think I treated Nero fairly here and did not make an assumption that I easily could have, becuase I could see clearly that he had misunderstood me. When I explained what I meant though, his reaction wasn't "oh. I misunderstood and posted something silly because of it." It was "Kyouko is misrepping me!" This was a turning point for me in my read on Nero because to this point I thought we were probably just clashing playstyles. Obviously he doesn't like mech-talk, and I love it, and I had thought that was where the tension was coming from. However this was not mech-related at all, and I think I was reasonable with him. I don't think he was showing good faith here and it became clear to me at this point that he never had been. From here on in I don't think I was as charitable with Nero as I had been before.
In post 816, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 807, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 805, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 803, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm pretty sure the only reason we know there is probably a cult is because I asked for it to be outed.
ummm no someone rolled cult bus driver.
And I asked for people to claim if they rolled cult.
In post 806, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Could be your role was rolled by the actual cult leader as well so consider that before claiming.
I mean, I don't see how that changes anything here cause it means scum knows my role and town doesn't.
If scum knows it, it may motivate them to kill you instead of aiming for cult. If cult knows it, it may motivate them to recruit you. If your role is really not on the list, one of those factions already has a good idea of what your role could be. If you claim, they will both know exactly what it is, and by extension will know more about Marashu's role.

So it does matter, but there's no way anyone but you can determine if it should be claimed now or not
In post 812, Nero Cain wrote:
I feel like this is a misrepresentation. We shouldn't be ending the day by p7 anyways and I don't even think that's what redtea was saying.when I wrote this I had actually forgotten that mega was on an Uber long v/la and I was saying that I wouldn't mind killing a useless lurksack.
If this is anything, it's a misunderstanding. I was rereading the game because I've been focusing on mechanics and that comment by redtea on the end of page 6 stood out to me. I feel like you were taking my question to mean that right now when I posted the question that I was against eliminating Meg. That's not what I was implying and I wanted to clear that up. The more I've thought about it though, I doubt Meg is Cult, and I want to find Cult first, so now (but not at the time I posted 770), I am opposed to eliminating Meg.
Actually, it even looks like I've already explained I think this stemmed from a misunderstanding in the next post. But after that, I think the charity probably stops.
In post 1151, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:the cult is possibly a lie to distract from scum
I mean Jesus fuck, you were cult hunting all day and someone rolled cult. Am I really the only one that thinks this is B.S?
This is where I started getting annoyed by Nero. It should be obvious why scum would lie about rolling Cult. I am starting to get frustrated because it really seems like he's not thinking even for a moment before he posts. If you think for a moment it becomes apparent why scum would lie about rolling cult.
In post 1280, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1279, Nero Cain wrote:tbf cyrus isn't the first one that has brought up that it seems fake as shit that SSBM spent the entire day cult hunting and BELIEVING megas roll claim to doubting if it was true
Oh no, I felt like I was getting snowed and took a step back!
I said this in my response to Nero already I think, but I grabbed these quotes yesterday morning, didn't have time to comment on them all from my PC at that time. But even now we don't know if the Cult Leader came from Gamma's or from T3's roll. I am pretty positive it came from T3's roll, and that Gamma's roll turned to 3p, but technically it could have come from either roll.
In post 1284, Nero Cain wrote:you weren't getting snowed, you are just full of shit
And this is just more mudslinging.

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:55 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1782, Robert M Hunter wrote:No one is concerned that someone lied about rolling my role? Is there a strategic reason for that, that I am not seeing?
No way to know
who
lied about it yet. I think Dwlee, Marashu, and Cakez also claimed to be off-list. Cakez was obviously on the list but still that leaves 3 players claimed off the list. We had 3 people who claimed to roll non-town alignments as well. Maybe everyone that ended up not-town lied about what they rolled. Until a 4th person claims something off-list in massclaim, there is no mechanical POE that can happen.

Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:23 am

Thanks, now I understand.
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:22 am

This is going to take awhile so I'll probably just post a few examples. I found these interesting because you're treating Meg's cult roll as factual here; even though you think they might be scum. That should have pinged you right here that the cult roll might have been a lie if you thought scum!meg was a possibility
In post 816, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: I feel like you were taking my question to mean that right now when I posted the question that I was against eliminating Meg. That's not what I was implying and I wanted to clear that up. The more I've thought about it though, I doubt Meg is Cult, and I want to find Cult first, so now (but not at the time I posted 770), I am opposed to eliminating Meg.
In post 817, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Shit, just realized cult can bus drive james and the rolecop results will be wrong...
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:29 am

I have a feeling I'm going to just walk away from this ISO more confused.

I know this is probably just because it's stream of consciousness but the way you say mention Cyrus as town and immediately go in to who would be lying about rolls within the same sentence felt weird in hindsight
In post 747, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Cyrus also town here, considering only 3 anti-town rolls are claimed I'm guessing at least one of the liars about rolls is scum or cult that originally rolled a scum role
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1779, redtea wrote:alright Kyouko has left the pool. Dripping water on the tiles and drying off with a towel as we speak.

/not a pt slip
:lol:

I like how glib you are since you think you are safe but I already know you two are different scum factions.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:00 am

Looking back the vote hopping didn't make sense here. say gamma scum and vote -> vote James -> explain why gamma scum and should be voted
Spoiler:
In post 1151, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I kinda just want to know if the cult is real. We're too fragmented. This is the most pro-town elim today I think

I could also do James because I can see Gamma/James as partners, and if they are, the cult is possibly a lie to distract from scum
In post 1233, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:No, I also think Cyrus or Nero could be cult as I've said earlier. Dwlee is still my top cultread but there is no interest in that and I figured the next best thing would be to eliminate Gamma and find out if the cult roll is definitely true if he flips town.

It could still be a true roll coming from scum, but there is a possibility it's a lie if Gamma is scum.

I also thought Thor could be cult but I was willfully ignoring it because he was clearly softing PGO. I was going to push him D2 or D3 if we still hadn't found the cult leader.

Cyrus feels like a safe enough elimination and if he did get cult his PGO play maybe makes a little sense. I mean it does make sense, but not for Cyrus I feel. If he flips town we know pgo is real and we only lose a VT as well so it's not all downside.

I also feel like Cyrus is townie and is maybe just getting pushed as an easy mislim though.

I dont follow the case on cakez. Lack of engagement, and sheeped me on RMH? Is that it, or did I miss something else? I'm not really TRing him but I dont remember him being on my radar as possible cult. I'll check my notes in the morning. I'll be around before deadline.
In post 1235, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Oh eww the Cyrus wagon is James and Dragon no way, if scum think he's cult they can shoot him
In post 1238, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:VOTE: james for now. Not sure about this cakez wagon. T3 has been vocal about cakez being scum since daystart and that's pretty much all he's posting about. I'd vote T3 out today as possible cult here. No reason he wouldnt be cult here, and he's laying a but low. Says he's not motivated though so I question if that's why he's so bare today, or if he's bare because he's unmotivated to play 3P. Ngl I feel like T3 would enjoy cult leader so maybe hes just actually not cult here. The tunnel has been unusual though
In post 1260, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:

In post 1164, Marashu wrote:
Not gonna lie, it made me super nervous when I read it.
In post 1166, Marashu wrote:Like, I need to know your thought process kyouko.
My thought process is, if it werent for the existence of cult, I'd be townreading Dwlee and Cyrus, and wouldn't be interested in eliminating either of them today. I'm also thinking James is caught scum, and I didn't want to vote him still, even as sure as I am that he's scum, I didn't want to vote him because of the existence of cult.

I had considered early on that claiming they rolled cult is something scum could do to throw town off the scent, but didn't put much stock into the likelihood of that, until I realized that I'm most interested in voting out Dwlee, who would be completely off the table (for me at least) if this was confirmed singleball. So if scum did fake the cult roll to distract town, it is working on me. It's working on at least half of us I would estimate. I just won a game with Dwlee as town in ELO recently and I would really like to be able to work with him here if possible, so I
want
MegA/Gamma to be scum that lied about cult. I
want
to believe there isn't a cult, and if I can flip Gamma and see he's red, I can convince myself to work with Dwlee.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

Can we have a gentlemen's/ladies agreement from scum to avoid shooting town and try and exterminate scum first and foremost? There's no agency when you could be shot by any scum in the mix, so aim for the other scum with killing power before you kill innocent townies like cyrus.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1777, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:736 - It's null but scum do it? It's NAI for me.

I mean most things are null. You said yourself that you've done it as town and prob would do it as scum. I mean, scum absolutely do do it. So if it comes from both alignments isn't that the definition of null?
In both of these games, I, as town, am very focused on mechanics. I believe I would do the same thing as scum, but I would do it in a way that benefits scum.
Does vote hoping and making bizarre about faces and technically rolefishing help? You spent practically the entire day tunneled on not flipped scum and you've spent all of today pushing town so has it really helped?
one of the off-listers would have died last Night in an attempt to find the doubled vig which was clearly rolled by scum.
Could you walk me through this...how do you know scum rolled a double vig?
In post 1777, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:1161 is the post I was talking about earlier where Nero doesnt question whether the cult is real, which would also look like a TMI on Gamma if Nero is scum.
You spent practically all of d1 cult hunting so are you claiming the pot or the kettle?
In post 1777, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:1279 - Cyrus (scum) brings up that it's scummy for me to question whether cult is real when I am specifically questioning it because I think Gamma could be scum lying about the cult. This isn't a reason to SR me unless you're thinking Cyrus was only doing this to Distance. If that's the case you haven't made it evident yet.
???? Does everything go over your head or is this just an act? I was the one that pushed you/called you out for this sudden change that the cult is maybe fake after believing in a cult all day. Cyrus was sheeping me and I was commenting on that.
In post 1777, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:And in 1652, yes, I finally voted you. I've felt like your points on me have been weak for a while and with 1624 it just got egregious. You'd been (imo) misrepping me for most of the game and tunneling me, and I was willing to think you weren't acting in bad faith up until then. 1624 set me off because you're describing my solving process as "revisioning" and I feel like you arent solving. You feel to me like a fly buzzing around. That's what flies do though, so it's annoying, but it's just what you do. But then you landed on my food.

Your reasoning for voting me is bad but thats ok b/c you aren't town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

if you think I'm town Robert then why aren't you voting SSBM or anyone that you think has a chance of going through today?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

just wanted to point out (again) that it's now Monday and I've been tunneled on the whole day phase without any movement away from me.

redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:12 am

Post by redtea »

In post 1791, Dragon of the West wrote:Looking back the vote hopping didn't make sense here. say gamma scum and vote -> vote James -> explain why gamma scum and should be voted
iirc james was a more viable elim atp than gamma
In post 1784, Marashu wrote:redtea, why is robert in your poe?
nero gives me a hard time but see it's true my posts dont get read

In post 1781, Robert M Hunter wrote:It feels presumptuous of me to say this because you are all so much more experienced than me at hunting scum, but for the record, and so I can check my success/failure at it later, I will put it out there that I believe Nero is town. Crossing fingers that I'm right about something.
will you vote nero with us though?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:16 am

Post by redtea »

In post 1793, Nero Cain wrote:
one of the off-listers would have died last Night in an attempt to find the doubled vig which was clearly rolled by scum.
Could you walk me through this...how do you know scum rolled a double vig?
:roll: , , .
at this point nero should be limmed on policy
you can literally ctrl-f 'vig' her iso and find the answer. Are you even trying?
In post 1785, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: I am starting to get frustrated because it really seems like he's not thinking even for a moment before he posts.
ex act ly. Not saying my thinking cap is always at 100% neither but I don't think I'm this consistently bad. Sewing chaos and confusion for the sake of it, which I shouldn't have to say is scummy.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:17 am

Post by redtea »

In post 1790, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1779, redtea wrote:alright Kyouko has left the pool. Dripping water on the tiles and drying off with a towel as we speak.

/not a pt slip

I like how glib you are since you think you are safe but I already know you two are different scum factions.
oh gosh darn you caught me >:|
that would be fun actually
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:18 am

Post by redtea »

In post 1795, Nero Cain wrote:just wanted to point out (again) that it's now Monday and I've been tunneled on the whole day phase without any movement away from me.
just wanted to point out that you didn't come out of your corner until you got pushed v-v
*Old account here

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”