Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2964, Kate Bishop wrote:S_S, what's your usual approach to replacing into a 100+ page game? How are you approaching this game?
Uh, hope that something interesting happens that I can get involved with?

Which has definitely happened here.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

How do you form reads?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:40 pm

In post 2976, Dunnstral wrote:S_S, what is your read on Wheme?
Uh, null, but not for lack of trying. I didn't like his whole "it's not hard to say whether you can kill or not" and I also didn't love his baby sheep vote on me after I just pointed out that he totally doesn't have to. But, if he's been setting up to scumread me, then I don't see why he forays into calling me town for like two seconds only to immediately change his mind. So I'm not sure that it necessarily makes a lot of sense as an agenda.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:44 pm

In post 3001, Kate Bishop wrote:How do you form reads?
Uh, by reading posts and comparing them to my experience and logic to decide how much sense they make as town/scum?

Though if I'm being honest it's mostly logic. Experience tends to lead me wrong more than it leads me right.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:47 pm

In post 2989, Dunnstral wrote:S_S, can you do the binary kill/no kill thing
I can't kill.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:48 pm

In post 2991, Cabd wrote:I have come to the unsatisfying conclusion that S_S is not a player for which statistical analysis is very valid.
Yup, sorry. My town and scum games are very similar.

Neat tool though!
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 3003, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3001, Kate Bishop wrote:How do you form reads?
Uh, by reading posts and comparing them to my experience and logic to decide how much sense they make as town/scum?

Though if I'm being honest it's mostly logic. Experience tends to lead me wrong more than it leads me right.
Do you read back? Or do you base your reads on data that hits the thread after join? a mix?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:51 pm

I generally will only read back when I'm looking to refresh myself on how something went down.
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 3004, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2989, Dunnstral wrote:S_S, can you do the binary kill/no kill thing
I can't kill.
This pisses me off.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:52 pm

Oh, did you mean in a replacement game specifically?

Kinda the same, except instead of refreshing it's just familiarizing myself with something that people are talking about.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:53 pm

In post 3008, Kate Bishop wrote:This pisses me off.
I mean, I'm not thrilled about it either, but a wagon's a wagon.
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 3007, Something_Smart wrote:I generally will only read back when I'm looking to refresh myself on how something went down.
I know you take a long time to size up reads when you are in a game from the start sometimes. A la smokefilled antechamber.

I'm baffled how this would work replacing into a thread where a lot has happened.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 27, unwnd wrote:You ever get what you want, then you realize you don't know what to do with it?
My understanding of this is that unwnd wanted a killing role because they felt people weren't listening to their reads, specifically from the last game
In post 236, unwnd wrote:All games would be better if I had a dayvig.
This combined with the rest feels like blatant softing
In post 241, unwnd wrote:Kami-sama, please grant me the ability to destroy my enemies :3
More softing of flavor and potentially role. "grant me the ability to destroy my enemies" seems like a killing role or something similarly aggressive
In post 963, unwnd wrote:
In post 958, WhemeStar wrote:ALSO I WAS POO POO ON POPCORN WHAT ARE U ON ABOUT KATE
I give you a gun

Who are you shooting whemey
This post feels like they are considering firing today and giving what ifs
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

So I think is at odds with all of that
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 3010, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3008, Kate Bishop wrote:This pisses me off.
I mean, I'm not thrilled about it either, but a wagon's a wagon.
What pisses off is that your slot heavily crumbed vig and you didn't clear that up when we asked you to.

The reason we outed our vig shot was because it looked like there were too many different non-elim kills in the game to make sense.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:56 pm

In post 3013, Dunnstral wrote:So I think is at odds with all of that
We can be confused about it together, I guess.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:57 pm

In post 3014, Kate Bishop wrote:The reason we outed our vig shot was because it looked like there were too many different non-elim kills in the game to make sense.
I'm sorry. You could have just said it was for a role-related reason and I probably would have done it.

You didn't really give me any reason at all...
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 3016, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3014, Kate Bishop wrote:The reason we outed our vig shot was because it looked like there were too many different non-elim kills in the game to make sense.
I'm sorry. You could have just said it was for a role-related reason and I probably would have done it.

You didn't really give me any reason at all...
Just multiple people quoting unwnd and asking you to clear it up.

done's done, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:01 pm

In post 3017, Kate Bishop wrote:Just multiple people quoting unwnd and asking you to clear it up.
That's not a reason, though.

The only reason given was that it would help sort me, but it didn't seem like that was worth revealing info if I didn't have a wagon. But now I do. Hence the timing.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3014, Kate Bishop wrote:What pisses off is that your slot heavily crumbed vig and you didn't clear that up when we asked you to.
Read my sig.

I'm going to vote S_S
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Something_Smart

The initial softs factored into my early townlean of your slot, and then when a bunch of other killing roles came out I believe you were put into an awkward situation where you would be suspected for being a killing role on top of all of that, or suspected for going back on earlier softs
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:08 pm

Well, at least I can be comforted in knowing that I'm not getting killed for any fault of my own.

Though I feel like you must have a pretty low opinion of my mechanical skills to think I would stall that long and then not claim a gun as scum?
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

Cabd?

What are your thoughts?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Cabd »

I'm:

1: Distraught my tool didn't useful
and
2: Really think we're letting wheme off the hook
but
3: Absolutely don't mind voting there.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3021, Something_Smart wrote:Though I feel like you must have a pretty low opinion of my mechanical skills to think I would stall that long and then not claim a gun as scum?
This is untrue and I won't be able to tell if it was a good/bad move without seeing the full picture of scum roles (which have the potential to be quite complicated in this game)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”