Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:20 am

Post by Enchant »

Pooky confmafia for eating eggs.

Skitter confmafia for thinking it's yummy.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:23 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Eggcelent observation
Imprefection is the spice of life.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:25 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

this is the one game where if i rolled mafia with skitter i wouldnt immediately die :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

:)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:33 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 172, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i am eating breakfast right now

a fried egg, a radish pastry, two pumpkin mochis, 1 soup dumpling and 1 fried roti flatbread
Obvious scum overshare.

Kidding, but feck that's a lot of food.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:36 am

i am a bear
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:42 am

Post by Enchant »

Imagine bear eating eggs.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 am

Post by Faker »

In post 122, skitter30 wrote:@faker: without knowing who inutile was, i liked how she was questioning meg's plan and trying to understand it
upon learning who she was, most of the townpings from that were negated because i think she would have done that as either alignment

i also had not yet read at the time of my posting , so when infinity said intuile == shiki, i went back and read inutile's posts with that and mind and also saw 21, and realized i didn't like it, to the point where i wanted to take back the initial townpings i had given
I think post 21 is more in line with trying to figure out Meg's plan, and reflecting on the implications, than you're giving it credit for.
In post 122, skitter30 wrote:i saw the post. i read it as inutile disliking meg's plan since that is how she approached the game in *her* scumgame, and calling meg scummy for it. but then later hedging around actually calling meg scummy, so it looked like she just wnated to make meg look bad without fully commiting to it
My counterpoint was that the scum who hedge are typically nervous and too afraid to just go for it. I don't think inutile fits that bill.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Faker »

I don't really think I have too much to add right now. Nothing in the last page or two does anything for me, and while I agree with most of what I wrote yesterday but think I was a bit overaggressive. I'm happy to leave the ball in others' hands at the moment.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:50 am

Post by Faker »

Skimming inutile's ISO in their last game, it definitely hedges them as scum. Perhaps I'm wrong. I'll think more about it.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Faker »

inutile, after playing through this setup once as scum, what are your impressions of the setup: What were your "final" thoughts on the setup as mafia, and what lessons from that game have you carried forward with you as town this game?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:32 am

Post by Faker »

In post 17, Pavowski wrote:12 days is a brutal long time to wait. Waiting makes the game not fun.

I plan to fire off a trust or two within a day or so.
After reading through a few of your games, I'm increasingly curious about the reason for this. You don't hesitate to comment on mechanics as scum.
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:33 am

Post by inutile »

In post 162, Pavowski wrote:Pooky we should trust each other
not liking this
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:36 am

Post by inutile »

In post 184, Faker wrote:Skimming inutile's ISO in their last game, it definitely hedges them as scum. Perhaps I'm wrong. I'll think more about it.
? am i misunderstanding this? or are you saying that you skimmed my iso from the last trust fall and now think it is more likely i am mafia than before? and if i am not misunderstanding, could you explain why you think this?
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:40 am

Post by inutile »

In post 185, Faker wrote:inutile, after playing through this setup once as scum, what are your impressions of the setup: What were your "final" thoughts on the setup as mafia, and what lessons from that game have you carried forward with you as town this game?
that was actually the second time i've played through the setup as mafia, though the first was part of a four person hydra and i didn't really post,

uh, patience generally good for town, probably the biggest one, not going to lay out things i am looking for players doing right now for pretty apparent reasons
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Faker »

In post 188, inutile wrote:
In post 184, Faker wrote:Skimming inutile's ISO in their last game, it definitely hedges them as scum. Perhaps I'm wrong. I'll think more about it.
? am i misunderstanding this? or are you saying that you skimmed my iso from the last trust fall and now think it is more likely i am mafia than before? and if i am not misunderstanding, could you explain why you think this?
My point to Skitter was that it was a weird place to hedge a scumread. I think going after Meg would be an awful play to begin with, and even if you do it anyway hedging it is pointless. This was primarily a counter to skitter, but I had you as a townlean for the initial repartee.

In the last Trust Fall, you repeatedly hedged possible scum motivations as town ones. Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit D. You begin to press more specific reads later. I've done some analysis of context but not enough to be confident that I'm not falling prey to confirmation bias.

"More likely to be mafia" is on the face of it literally true, but the more complete picture is a more neutral "My reason for townleaning you is likely wrong in process, even if not in result"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:44 am

Biggest tips for town imo:

1) Never accept an offer impulsively, you can always shop for better after you are offered a trust fall.

2) Get everyone's opinion before you accept an offer, more information is always helpful regardless of whether the offer is good / not good.

3) Don't offer someone without good reasons, probably better to get people's opinions on whether your TR on someone is good prior to offering them.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:45 am

Post by Faker »

I guess I never learned my ABCs. As much as I wish I could blame the American education system, I am the kind of stupid which has proven unassailable to any amount of love, care, and attention.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Faker »

In post 191, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Biggest tips for town imo:

1) Never accept an offer impulsively, you can always shop for better after you are offered a trust fall.

2) Get everyone's opinion before you accept an offer, more information is always helpful regardless of whether the offer is good / not good.

3) Don't offer someone without good reasons, probably better to get people's opinions on whether your TR on someone is good prior to offering them.
Why was your solve Infinity/The Worst? You seemed to think it implausible that Enchant could have 0 thoughts; am curious what points you in that direction.
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:48 am

Post by inutile »

In post 190, Faker wrote:
In post 188, inutile wrote:
My point to Skitter was that it was a weird place to hedge a scumread. I think going after Meg would be an awful play to begin with, and even if you do it anyway hedging it is pointless. This was primarily a counter to skitter, but I had you as a townlean for the initial repartee.

In the last Trust Fall, you repeatedly hedged possible scum motivations as town ones. Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit D. You begin to press more specific reads later. I've done some analysis of context but not enough to be confident that I'm not falling prey to confirmation bias.

"More likely to be mafia" is on the face of it literally true, but the more complete picture is a more neutral "My reason for townleaning you is likely wrong in process, even if not in result"
gotcha; yeah i try to emulate my thought processes as mafia, and it makes sense if you were looking closely at exactly that instead of play as a whole, especially if just looking at my iso not entire game to come away thinking oh this is similar

why do you think scumreading megazumarill would be awful play?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:55 am

Post by Faker »

In post 194, inutile wrote:why do you think scumreading megazumarill would be awful play?
There's no threat, either from the plan itself or from someone more dedicated to its followthrough than sorting the other players. It's unpredictable what will happen when they swing to the latter, and you don't want to be on the wrong side of it if they wind up looking town. This is general, but individually the specific point you presented was especially unlikely to ever go far. This is all even before other players (myself, Skitter) find Meg's approach town to begin with.

I did not have these concrete points in mind when I made the statement. Going after Meg was very intuitively wrong to me.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:57 am

In post 193, Faker wrote:Why was your solve Infinity/The Worst? You seemed to think it implausible that Enchant could have 0 thoughts; am curious what points you in that direction.
it's a bullshit hero solve because it has little reasoning and is just thrown out for fun.

here is more or less the only thought I put into it:

1) TW was town in the last TF game I played against him and I was scum and him trusting me was the last fall that sealed the game.

2) This game I'm town so I'm thinking maybe Karma gave him red to get his revenge on me.

3) Infinity got thrown in there cuz I thought is the sort of cheeky shit TW would say to his scumbuddy.

4) Also Infinity totally lied about never misreading skitter (cough perpetual mylo cough)

5) I think it's implausible for someone to have no thoughts because when you read stuff you think things.

Possibly stupid things but still something.

It's weird when someone tells me they have no thoughts.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Faker »

And on myself, or perhaps Skitter/inutile?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:04 am

Post by inutile »

In post 196, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:2) This game I'm town so I'm thinking maybe Karma gave him red to get his revenge on me.
this could be applied to infinity having the opportunity to get her revenge on me as well, and i am perhaps even more likely to give thought to this type of logic than usual on account of having /outed from the queue and still having ended up in the game,
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:05 am

In post 198, inutile wrote:this could be applied to infinity having the opportunity to get her revenge on me as well, and i am perhaps even more likely to give thought to this type of logic than usual on account of having /outed from the queue and still having ended up in the game,
That is certainly very strange!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Open Games”