Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Yes, the golden age of the hood craze. I was there. But I've been here for like half of MS' history.

I'm just saying that in fairly recent history I've seen/been scum in a 2 person hood. Yeah, it's kinda outguessing the mod but yeah.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by House »

In post 250, Nero Cain wrote:Yes, the golden age of the hood craze. I was there. But I've been here for like half of MS' history.

I'm just saying that in fairly recent history I've seen/been scum in a 2 person hood. Yeah, it's kinda outguessing the mod but yeah.
I just don't think "hood exists so someone has to die immediately" is valid theory.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

that's like really not what I'm saying...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by House »

In post 252, Nero Cain wrote:that's like really not what I'm saying...
That's the natural conclusion to
In post 248, Nero Cain wrote:If Math/DGB were in a two-person hood then it's pretty likely that 1 of them is scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 253, House wrote:
In post 248, Nero Cain wrote:If Math/DGB were in a two-person hood then it's pretty likely that 1 of them is scum.
VOTE: Nero
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:36 pm

I don't understand MB's eagerness and zeal to crumb, the hard defense of me in the first 10 pages of RVS where no yeet ever happens, the "forced" claim, while simultaneously shading my alignment.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by House »

Called it.

Not Masons.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:03 pm

In post 256, House wrote:Called it.

Not Masons.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.
I think MB made it pretty obvious.

As I was seeing MB perilously close to claiming on what, page 5??? I suggested that we claim masons instead of neighbors as a gambit. It would seal the fate of at least one of us as the scum NK (neighbor isn't a power role, town wouldn't miss it, so safe gambit) - I had planned to ask that we not be doc-protected just before day's end. Day 2 everyone wakes up, and there is a neighbor flip - then it lends credence that the other neighbor is more likely to be town. Not confirmed by any means, but less suspicious. The scum would know that we're not masons if one of us is scum, you see? Scum would be more likely to kill us if they believe we are masons. And if we lived too long... chances are one of us would be scum.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Am I the only one that finds it utterly ridiculous that these 3 think scum would shoot at claimed hoodies/masons?

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 139, House wrote:
In post 135, MathBlade wrote:Nero House DGB is my current solve
This supports my scumread.

Scum does not claim mindmeld with scum.

I can't see town!Math truly believing this.
This doesnt work when you're the one that claimed mindmeld. You can say "X and Y arent teamed because scum don't mindmeld" when you're Z, but it doesnt hold weight as X or Y. Sounds kinda whiny tbh.
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 160, MathBlade wrote:
In post 24, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 18, MathBlade wrote:But yeah Kyo prob town due to how many votes that fast.
dumb
In post 20, MathBlade wrote:I will never be miselimed unless town pulls a massive derp card.
I see you got your pr fakeclaim rdy to go.
Why I scumread Nero
eyes
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 253, House wrote:
I mean I guess. I was just offering my experience in that in recent memory 2 person hoods have contained scum. Outguessing the mod as to the hood composition isn't the greatest play in the world as it's not impossible that a mod could throw us for a loop and make a hood t/t instead of t/s. Would I lunch either DGB or Math today? Absolutely.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by House »

In post 259, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 139, House wrote:
In post 135, MathBlade wrote:Nero House DGB is my current solve
This supports my scumread.

Scum does not claim mindmeld with scum.

I can't see town!Math truly believing this.
This doesnt work when you're the one that claimed mindmeld. You can say "X and Y arent teamed because scum don't mindmeld" when you're Z, but it doesnt hold weight as X or Y. Sounds kinda whiny tbh.
Sure it does. I literally tied myself to nero by claiming the mindmeld and demonstrating where our thoughts were aligned. I've never once seen scum claim a mindmeld with their buddy, because they don't want to be linked with each other.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by House »

Not to mention my continued discussion defending it.

In 0 worlds ever are nero and I buddies. :lol:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean you could still be scum that's trying to tie yourself to me so if you ever went down I'd hopefully go down with you.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by House »

In post 264, Nero Cain wrote:I mean you could still be scum that's trying to tie yourself to me so if you ever went down I'd hopefully go down with you.
If anything, you're pretty much confirmed town if I were to flip red because of the way I've forced the associative.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What are your thoughts on Math and his ability to be scum now that he's a hard-claimed neighbor?

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by House »

In post 266, Nero Cain wrote:What are your thoughts on Math and his ability to be scum now that he's a hard-claimed neighbor?
I see potential town motive for the gambit, just find the timing of it to be a little odd.

No interest in voting him, today.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Did they really gambit though?

There's something that's a lil' wonky from FMPOV. If they were trying to get shot then why was Math so mad that I realized that he was hinting @ a pr in , wouldn't he want it known that he was a pr? And trying to get shot as a mason claim seems like a futile endeavor. At least claim doc or something scum would absolutely want dead.

Kinda wish someone would post beside us but then again I still have a long way to go.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by House »

In post 268, Nero Cain wrote:Did they really gambit though?

There's something that's a lil' wonky from FMPOV. If they were trying to get shot then why was Math so mad that I realized that he was hinting @ a pr in , wouldn't he want it known that he was a pr? And trying to get shot as a mason claim seems like a futile endeavor. At least claim doc or something scum would absolutely want dead.

Kinda wish someone would post beside us but then again I still have a long way to go.
It's definitely a gambit, regardless of alignment.

There's no good reason scum!Math makes this play on d1 because he has guaranteed he never sees Elo.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by House »

MathBlade, I've requested dwlee fix my past mistakes for posterity.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:29 pm

MB hard disagreed with the gambit at first, then decided to "meet me halfway" and claim neighbor-or-mason.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by House »

In post 271, DrippingGoofball wrote:MB hard disagreed with the gambit at first, then decided to "meet me halfway" and claim neighbor-or-mason.
Hardclaiming Mason could have drawn a counterclaim, and not just from Masons.

IME, games with Masons don't have investigative roles & vice versa.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

that's a long way away and Math has 2 buddies so he doesn't even need to be there. Is your argument that it's a pr claim and it should die at some point? My counter-argument is "why would scum ever shoot a claimed mason/neighbor?" Ok yeah, a mason would have to get shot at some point but not early game as you, him, and DGB are asserting.

What happens if Math/DGB is still alive on like d4? "Well we aren't very powerful prs, of course, we aren't dead" And that's a pretty fair argument. It was a bad "gambit" and thus I'm questioning whether it was actually a botched gambit or just scum trying to look busy.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:33 pm

If you read my post carefully, I outlined that I proposed a gambit when I saw that he was out there crumbing and then claiming neighbor (like it means anything) on page 5.

I'm puzzled as to why MB made so much noise about being neighbors in the thread. Why even crumb? I would have confirmed it anyway - who cares, it says nothing about alignment. It doesn't even need to be a secret at all.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”