Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

good thing that anyone that has a townblock means that they are def town. In my last game, Cheeky Teeky had like the entire scum team in her town block and I was scumreading it. Just b/c Titus has you guys in yur town bloc does make you all town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like im not saying that all my reads are right but arguing that its "problematic" that I don't think Titus' town bloc is all town is kinda scummy man
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m already pretty much decided on you
I was moreso voicing how Titus seemed more trustworthy based off your push
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Vote Count 1.03
Nero Cain (4)
- MathBlade, DrippingGoofball, House, Gamma Emerald
DrippingGoofball (2)
- Cat Scratch Fever, Nero Cain
ssbm_Kyouko (1)
- Almost50
Cat Scatch Fever (1)
- Titus
Titus (1)
- Dragon of the West
Kerset (1)
- ssbm_Kyouko

Not voting (3)
: Wake88, Kerset, Andresvmb

It takes
votes to eliminate.

Deadline
: (expired on 2021-09-23 17:06:41)
Last edited by Dwlee99 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean that's ok, you could be scum. Like, it's kinda ass that instead of talking about how you misread me viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87368 or viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87032 or viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85512 (I'm sure there's plenty more but I don't care to keep looking) you had to go back
YEARS
ago to finally find a game where you "read" me right. I mean maybe your awesome ability to constantly misread me could make you town thats just keeping up with your M.O. but then again like I said going way way back to basically say "look I can read him!" isn't a great look.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 474, Gamma Emerald wrote:The more problematic part there is that’s literally Titus’ townblock, the attack on it wholesale makes me think she was right to make it.
I don't much like this post but I guess I could see a Gamma that thinks I'm scum that's attacking Titus' town bloc and thinks I'm scummy and bad for it but the long-term gain is like...zilch? b/c as soon as I flip town it means everything I wrote was genuine. So maybe this makes him uniformed? Although it is sorta buddying Titus and Titus was town reading me/has me in her town bloc and he could argue "look Nero flipped town Titus' reads are WONDERFUL!"

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't think my take that a two person hood is likely to contain scum is all that bad. Like sure it could just be t/t but my last two games with 2 person hoods were t/s and s/s so...Gamma played a game with a t/t hood in a mini so eh...but I still don't think that suspecting scum in a hood is this bizarre whacko idea. And its two scummy players one of whom I suspected b4 I even knew they were crumbing neighbors.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I really don't think its "impossible" that I've caught scum Math. I mean maybe scum are using the sound of his whine to build my wagon but I don't feel like Math is that townie via play and he can clearly be scum as a nieghbor.
In post 9, MathBlade wrote:Always remember this people. If things look hard just remember you got this! Just take things one step at a time and keep things in perspective
I lowkey suspected Math b/c I think scum like to make these cheery friendly posts to make themselves likable.
In post 15, MathBlade wrote:I agree the votes are weird.
it's possible that I could have jumped the gun here b/c Math doesn't get things sometimes but I think there's some possible scum motivation in agreeing with Titus and falsely accusing me of chainsaw defending.
In post 18, MathBlade wrote:But yeah Kyo prob town due to how many votes that fast.
using 3 RVS votes as proof that scum jumped on is silly and makes no sense unless Math is informed.
In post 52, MathBlade wrote:
In post 46, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 40, MathBlade wrote:Not sure who yet. Just remembered seeing a bunch of Kyo votes.

Don’t have a chance to see who the scum is but latter votes more likely.
Has anyone actually done a statistical analysis of RVS wagons?
Done it to scientific rigor, no.
Based on memory yes.
The only game I know of that breaks it is the intentional bus by Umlaut v Flubber in a recent game I had with Titus.
my gut reaction was that this was scummy b/c it's taking a horrible and wrong point and acting like it's some big brain analysis.
like just based on common sense I think this is gonna be a big no.

tbf though viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87284 had an RVS wagon on town and scum was the third vote.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87368 had an RVS wagon on town DGB with all town voting and then an RVS wagon on town Nero with all town voting. There was a wagon on town t3 that was t/s/t though

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87222 had an RVS wagon on 2 different townies that were both t/s wagons.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87211 had an all town RVS wagon on town DW

those are the last completed normal games ( I only read the first few pages.) and yeah obv there were some RVS wagons with scum on them so maybe its a little more common than I thought but its still not EVERY RVS wagon. Its also going to be very dependent on who is online. So I don't really like Math talking in absolutes.

but here's the other problem. Math wasn't actually pushing anyone for this. I think is a big fat lie when he says "Don’t have a chance to see who the scum" It was 3 votes and Math has been pretty active. So Math's words and actions don't line up.
In post 20, MathBlade wrote:I will never be miselimed unless town pulls a massive derp card.
Did I jump the gun here too? If Math is scum I expect they'd claim a pr. I pretty much always expect scum to claim pr to get out of an early lunch. So Math hard hinting that they were a pr felt very scummy to me. And it was like one vote so why are you freaking the fuck out?

"get off me I'm a pr!" It just all felt very scummy to me. I did not get the crumb in .
In post 169, MathBlade wrote:
In post 166, Nero Cain wrote:Math, if you were scumreading me @ . How come you didn't call me scum in ?
In post 45, MathBlade wrote:Nero is in the pissing me off category.
seems kinda odd to scum read someone and then put them in the "pissing you off" cat, no?
Because what you did did piss me off and I didn’t want to go “neon sign here”.
I feel like this is a very important chain of events. Firstly Math's vote on me is a delayed OMGUS and I think that's a bit on the scummy side. And the language in is bad. I feel like if Math is town he just called me scum instead of using whishy-washy language like "pissing off" And the "I didn't want to advertise that I was scum reading you." in also doesn't make any sense from a town POV.
In post 101, MathBlade wrote:What if I said I thought DGB and Nero but Nero more likely than DGB?
In post 128, MathBlade wrote:I disagree that DGB is scum unless Nero is.
Math is trying really hard to fit me and DGB together and seems very scummy to me. looks like Math trying to use my town flip to get DGB town cred.

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 am

Post by Andresvmb »

You guys post too damn much.

I’m Town. I’ll catch up when I can, but probably tonight.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

this is kinda where I'm at at the moment. I'm calling Wake the scummiest of the non posters since he was around earlier and didn't post. If Gamma is scum I don't think Titus is scum. I highly doubt all 4 votes on me are from town and House/Math/DGB all seem very scummy to me. Consider my town flip a guilty on House.

Cat Scratch Fever
ssbm_Kyouko
Dragon of the West
Almost50
Andresvmb
Kerset
Titus
Gamma Emerald
Wake88
DrippingGoofball
MathBlade
House

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

kinda tired and lazy but there's some posting where Gamma and House are defending each other so that's a possible connection.

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:47 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I have to say - I’m a little astounded as to how bad the first 9 pages read (I didn’t stop to analyze the players but I wanted to get a feel for how the game is progressing).

Nero pushing a player in MathBlade with a PR crumb and subsequent claim aren’t necessarily coming from Scum. And both Mathblade and House just read constantly pissed off to me. I’m not here trying to put my foot down and say that I strongly TR Nero or anything, but he does seems invested and could have just been wrong. The level of animosity is too much. The game just started. No one I’ve seen has fully formed accurate reads this early - calling other players bad is a way too aggressive. I don’t hunt for crumbs for example (not as Town).

Anyway, this is probably one of those games where I’ll voice my opinion, but I’m not going to lead anyone anywhere - there’s clearly stronger personalities than me. I’m not all that interested in getting involved in a pissing contest.

I guess I’ll assume {DGB, Mathblade} are Town for now.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:53 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 258, Nero Cain wrote:Am I the only one that finds it utterly ridiculous that these 3 think scum would shoot at claimed hoodies/masons?
Masons always get shot in the absence of another PR claim or strong player. Neighbors yeah no.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:56 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 277, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 272, House wrote:Hardclaiming Mason could have drawn a counterclaim, and not just from Masons.
Maybe but since this is a mini and we're neighbors, I assumed a low probability of masons.
Weren’t you in that 3-Mason game? Maybe not. This is a bad assumption anyway.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:03 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 345, House wrote:The more I think about it, the more I want to

VOTE: Nero

for rightfully pointing out that DGB looked sus for scumreading him when they both agree that MB is scum and that he's actively pursuing a MB wagon, yet maintaining that MathBlade is scummier than DGB when directly questioned.

From his perspective, DGB *should* be scummier for pushing him when he's voting and pushing a wagon on a shared scumread.

Nero red flip suggests the hood is clean.
Can’t say I love this vote.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:14 am

Post by Andresvmb »

VOTE: Gamma

I’ll be back later.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:36 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 415, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Nero
The amount of time it took him to vote DGB is unreal, it’s clear his initial push against the neighborhood was sowing seeds of paranoia.
VOTE: Gamma
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:40 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 435, MathBlade wrote:
In post 432, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 429, MathBlade wrote:
In post 24, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 18, MathBlade wrote:But yeah Kyo prob town due to how many votes that fast.
dumb
In post 20, MathBlade wrote:I will never be miselimed unless town pulls a massive derp card.
I see you got your pr fakeclaim rdy to go.
Pr fish here.

Like if you’re gonna lie at least be better Nero.
You kinda responded to trolling by taking the bait, that’s kinda on you to some degree, I’m sorry
(Okay actually I feel really horrible typing this, L is screaming at me to not post this at all but I have to make this clear that the PR “fish” was so basic that replying to it like you did was kinda stupid)
Fair. I deserve that.

I haven’t been a town PR role in like…years literally I think. Ugh I feel old now.
prolly not too many TPRs replacing out tbh
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:51 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 460, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 455, Nero Cain wrote:I'm voting DGB and then when/if DGB flips scum I'm going to target Gamma and House
This has wacky phrasing and warped perspective, plus it feels a bit performative when the pressure is probably more on Nero than DGB rn
yeah this is actually the second post in my catchup that I've seen from Nero that is missing a word. Sign of editing and rewording posts, but not proofreading them after edits. Like when you change the verb tense so that all of your sentences match but forget to change another word somewhere so it
doesn't looks right
(edited from
looks wrong
). <-- An example of what I'm describing
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:55 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 475, Nero Cain wrote:good thing that anyone that has a townblock means that they are def town. In my last game, Cheeky Teeky had like the entire scum team in her town block and I was scumreading it. Just b/c Titus has you guys in yur town bloc
does
make you all town.
again...
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:59 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

hmm
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:10 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 478, Dwlee99 wrote:
Vote Count 1.03
Nero Cain (4)
DrippingGoofball (2)
ssbm_Kyouko (1)
- Almost50
Cat Scatch Fever (1)
- Titus
Titus (1)
- Dragon of the West
Kerset (1)
- ssbm_Kyouko

Not voting (3)

Deadline
Kinda feeling like there's scum on Nero wag.

House's talk about Nero pushing for a hood lim because Nero is informed of T/T, if anything, could be seen as House's own TMI spewing into the thread in order to frame up Nero on any hood lims or NKs.
If there is scum in the hood, my bet is on Math as DGB's play wrt the gambit aligns with its town meta, and I feel like it's possible that Math manipulated DGB into claiming
something
I'm not sure if I buy the outrage about outing Math's crumb, though Math didn't fake outrage in our last game together where he
was
scum, so possibly the hood is just t/t. From DGB's description it doesn't sound too much like it was manipulated into claiming, but DGB, if you felt at all like a horse being led to water, let me know. In truth that is what I was looking for, and what I expected to hear, but it seems like this may not be the case, in which case I don't have a case on Math at this time.
Gamma I got a bad feeling about early on and wasn't impressed by that last vote. I think the wagon has been on Nero long enough that if Gamma is scum, now is a good time to get on if Math, DGB, and House are all town. It doesn't look like a bus if Nero flips red, and there's little risk of the wagon dissipating, which means Gamma won't have to move his vote anywhere new anytime soon.

I feel like House or Gamma are the best bets actually, but House being scum is kinda contingent on t/t hood and aside from possible TMI he's seemed town.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:11 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Wish the wagon on me had been real because the scatter would be telling if so :(
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Not entirely surprising that kyouko thinks I’m scum but it’s still a little lame
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 496, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 478, Dwlee99 wrote:
Vote Count 1.03
Nero Cain (4)
DrippingGoofball (2)
ssbm_Kyouko (1)
- Almost50
Cat Scatch Fever (1)
- Titus
Titus (1)
- Dragon of the West
Kerset (1)
- ssbm_Kyouko

Not voting (3)

Deadline
Kinda feeling like there's scum on Nero wag.

House's talk about Nero pushing for a hood lim because Nero is informed of T/T, if anything, could be seen as House's own TMI spewing into the thread in order to frame up Nero on any hood lims or NKs.
If there is scum in the hood, my bet is on Math as DGB's play wrt the gambit aligns with its town meta, and I feel like it's possible that Math manipulated DGB into claiming
something
I'm not sure if I buy the outrage about outing Math's crumb, though Math didn't fake outrage in our last game together where he
was
scum, so possibly the hood is just t/t. From DGB's description it doesn't sound too much like it was manipulated into claiming, but DGB, if you felt at all like a horse being led to water, let me know. In truth that is what I was looking for, and what I expected to hear, but it seems like this may not be the case, in which case I don't have a case on Math at this time.
Gamma I got a bad feeling about early on and wasn't impressed by that last vote. I think the wagon has been on Nero long enough that if Gamma is scum, now is a good time to get on if Math, DGB, and House are all town. It doesn't look like a bus if Nero flips red, and there's little risk of the wagon dissipating, which means Gamma won't have to move his vote anywhere new anytime soon.

I feel like House or Gamma are the best bets actually, but House being scum is kinda contingent on t/t hood and aside from possible TMI he's seemed town.
How would I be manipulating DGB into claiming something?
It’s demonstrated I have a PT with DGB.
The only thing claimed is neighbors.
I did that first and then DGB narrowed it down.
So what manipulation would there be?

I don’t know if you’re just paranoid because of our last game or scum but this doesn’t logically add up
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”