Newbie 2078 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Micc »

GrandpaMo is V/LA until 9/17.
Titus is V/LA from 9/17 to 9/20.

Votecount 1.12
HockeyFan (4) -
Titus, Dew, Greeting, GrandpaMo
Greeting (2) -
RCEnigma, HockeyFan
Dew (1) -
UhUhWaitAndSee

Not Voting (2) -
AlwaysNever, Dorsey

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 1 is paused at 2 days.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

Can other people please talk? Its the only way to get info. I promise i wont bite :^)
Dorsey
Dorsey
Goon
Dorsey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Dorsey »

I was looking through the wiki for it and didn't see any rules on it - if I were scum, could I go V/LA routinely to avoid suspicion? Is that fair game?
Dorsey
Dorsey
Goon
Dorsey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Dorsey »

Your wagon is V/LA, replacement, and survivalism.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:20 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Gonna be easier to work backwards so gimme a sec.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:22 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 352, Dorsey wrote:I was looking through the wiki for it and didn't see any rules on it - if I were scum, could I go V/LA routinely to avoid suspicion? Is that fair game?
I guess, but would be in bad taste. Idk grandpa's situation but Titus takes a fair amount of V/LA time by the nature of her work but I think this V/LA is due to a scheduled mafiascummer meetup? I'm not entirely positive on that.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:25 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 343, Dorsey wrote:- I wanted reads on the four players aforementioned because I felt they were floating by with no scrutiny. Other than RCE's reasoning, I don't see why this would happen. (But, even then, "they're scared of me" doesn't seem like that good of a reason if you're in a game full of newbies who don't know who you are.)
This wasn't about being scared of me personally but moreso the SE title. Newb scum are more likely to try and game other newb scum and avoid drawing the attention of the veteran players, naturally. Scumreading them knowing their alignment is an easy way to garner that attention.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 341, HockeyFan wrote:About RCE, im also really conflicted here lol

Like 107 seems town but 108 doesnt make sense imo. Exactly what "bigger fish" did you have to fry cuz atp u had no other solid sr's. 232 is also weird cuz why are u accusing someone of chainsawing, when u SR one of titus's lim pool. I may be missing some posts but u certainly didnt express 259 prior, what has made u sr almost half the lobby and who are your trs. What made u switch in 295 from Greeting/TL to Dew/TL?.
In 108 I was still pursuing the discrepancy with what Grandpa was pushing. Which was that there is 1 scum within dew/Dorsey but they weren't willing to throw a vote down in what would be a 50/50 shot to hit scum in their pool. It didn't line up with the confidence they had in that read at the time.

I'll reread 232 to give a more concise answer but I think it was about Titus setting elims up? I was exploring the possible world of Titus!scum and both Greeting/TL being town. Because instead of setting it up as "elim x and then reevaluate on d2" it was more along the lines of "If x elim is town then y is surely scum"

Half the lobby got scummy. Uhuh had dubious posting dew has been a nonfactor, Titus I have paranoia about, grandpa hasn't really left my scumpool. I haven't openly expressed updated reads but Dorsey and always never are fairly towny. They are the only slots I won't consider an elim on today at any rate.

Greeting + TL was never a pairing that I was pushing but was a theory I was willing to put some thought into after the fact because I thought their interactions at the time weren't great so I dove a little deeper to figure out why they actually pinged me weirdly then I presented it. Why did I put forward that dew/TL could be a pairing? Well I don't actually remember. Tried to go through their iso just now to jog my memory but no shot. Maybe it was just the thought that a partner going down would kill their drive to play?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:44 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 334, HockeyFan wrote:I am {assuming} this is a meme but what prompted u to say. IIrc u said somewhere that u have past experience with Titus, so is this general entrance town for titus?
No, I was being facetious.
Dorsey
Dorsey
Goon
Dorsey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:00 am

Post by Dorsey »

But UhUhWaitAndSee isn't an SE
Dorsey
Dorsey
Goon
Dorsey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:01 am

Post by Dorsey »

I was also looking back through some newbie games and it looks like at least one SE is always scum
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:06 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 333, Micc wrote:
HockeyFan replaces TL The Legend.
Dew has requested replacement.
GrandpaMo is V/LA until 9/17.
Titus is V/LA from 9/17 to 9/20.

The deadline for Day 1 remains paused at 2 days until all replacements have been made.

Votecount 1.11
HockeyFan (4) -
Titus, Dew, Greeting, GrandpaMo
Greeting (2) -
RCEnigma, HockeyFan
Dew (1) -
UhUhWaitAndSee

Not Voting (1) -
AlwaysNever, Dorsey

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 1 is paused at 2 days.
oh fuck .
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:06 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

hey hockeylockey :'(
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:08 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 351, HockeyFan wrote:Can other people please talk? Its the only way to get info. I promise i wont bite :^)
i think if you are town you should be pushing greeting here. have u ever come up in ur thought that u and greeting are never t/t?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:25 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I never said uhuh was an SE.

Roles are chosen at random. An SE being scum in the handful of games you looked at vs the thousands of newbie games played on site doesn't make it any more likely that an SE is scum here in this game.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:29 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 360, Dorsey wrote:I was also looking back through some newbie games and it looks like at least one SE is always scum
lol thats not true
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:30 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

each person has a probability of 11.1% chance of being chosen as scum. one se at least on the team have a 33.3% chance of being there -- i think i did the math right.
Dorsey
Dorsey
Goon
Dorsey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:41 am

Post by Dorsey »

'Newbies afraid of the SE title' doesn't explain why UhUhWaitAndSee wasn't scrutinized. Where was the game where all the SE's were town?
Dorsey
Dorsey
Goon
Dorsey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:42 am

Post by Dorsey »

That's crazy timing, though. I say all of the SE's can't be town and GrandpaMo pops back up.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:24 am

Post by HockeyFan »

Ok so I didnt get to fully read 343 yday night since i was so tired lol, but from a quick skim, its a decentish post?
In post 343, Dorsey wrote:- I thought Post 89 was misconstruing my sentiments by jumping into the conversation midway through and attacking a statement out of context. Since Titus is an SE and wall-posted intelligibly for her first post, I thought this was done with awareness and purpose.
- I wanted reads on the four players aforementioned because I felt they were floating by with no scrutiny. Other than RCE's reasoning, I don't see why this would happen. (But, even then, "they're scared of me" doesn't seem like that good of a reason if you're in a game full of newbies who don't know who you are.)
- Edgier = meaner, but I didn't want to sound like a child. He said that I was cutthroat, though, so I guess that was his response to thinking I was an asshole. (Or am, I don't know if he still feels that way)
- I don't want RCE pairing me as scum because I'm not scum, but his reasoning made sense when I read it. I like RCE's posting style for the most part because he talks, but I have no reason to think he's town.

i didn't read the two previous posts yet
About RCE: You said the logic he put forth is good but u still dont think hes town? Is it more of a paranoia null read here?

In post 363, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 351, HockeyFan wrote:Can other people please talk? Its the only way to get info. I promise i wont bite :^)
i think if you are town you should be pushing greeting here. have u ever come up in ur thought that u and greeting are never t/t?
lol, hi gpa. Anyways, I am not subscribing to your theory of me/greeing being t/s, I looked through Greeting posts AGAIN, and thier reads have not changed. Im aware TL voted greeting but why cant town vote town
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:26 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 357, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 341, HockeyFan wrote:About RCE, im also really conflicted here lol

Like 107 seems town but 108 doesnt make sense imo. Exactly what "bigger fish" did you have to fry cuz atp u had no other solid sr's. 232 is also weird cuz why are u accusing someone of chainsawing, when u SR one of titus's lim pool. I may be missing some posts but u certainly didnt express 259 prior, what has made u sr almost half the lobby and who are your trs. What made u switch in 295 from Greeting/TL to Dew/TL?.
In 108 I was still pursuing the discrepancy with what Grandpa was pushing. Which was that there is 1 scum within dew/Dorsey but they weren't willing to throw a vote down in what would be a 50/50 shot to hit scum in their pool. It didn't line up with the confidence they had in that read at the time.

I'll reread 232 to give a more concise answer but I think it was about Titus setting elims up? I was exploring the possible world of Titus!scum and both Greeting/TL being town. Because instead of setting it up as "elim x and then reevaluate on d2" it was more along the lines of "If x elim is town then y is surely scum"

Half the lobby got scummy. Uhuh had dubious posting dew has been a nonfactor, Titus I have paranoia about, grandpa hasn't really left my scumpool. I haven't openly expressed updated reads but Dorsey and always never are fairly towny. They are the only slots I won't consider an elim on today at any rate.

Greeting + TL was never a pairing that I was pushing but was a theory I was willing to put some thought into after the fact because I thought their interactions at the time weren't great so I dove a little deeper to figure out why they actually pinged me weirdly then I presented it. Why did I put forward that dew/TL could be a pairing? Well I don't actually remember. Tried to go through their iso just now to jog my memory but no shot. Maybe it was just the thought that a partner going down would kill their drive to play?
Hm, if this wasnt a SE, i would townlock this so fucking hard
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 367, Dorsey wrote:'Newbies afraid of the SE title' doesn't explain why UhUhWaitAndSee wasn't scrutinized. Where was the game where all the SE's were town?
Newbie 2070 is the only game I see rn, theres probs more, but too lazy lol
UhUhWaitAndSee
UhUhWaitAndSee
Townie
UhUhWaitAndSee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:35 am

Post by UhUhWaitAndSee »

In post 319, Dorsey wrote:@UhUh - All those votes were the same person/slot.

@RCE - Honestly I'm hoping that he's scum so I look like shit for tomorrow to keep me from dying tonight. I don't see what he's done worse than the rest of this newbie playlist and I feel like he's low hanging fruit because he doesn't post. I have zero confidence in anyone on his wagon.
This just isn't true. There are at least three distinct slots you've voted for - TL, Greeting and me.
UhUhWaitAndSee
UhUhWaitAndSee
Townie
UhUhWaitAndSee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:37 am

Post by UhUhWaitAndSee »

I also note that switching between the same people with votes is still jumping around with votes.
UhUhWaitAndSee
UhUhWaitAndSee
Townie
UhUhWaitAndSee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:44 am

Post by UhUhWaitAndSee »

In post 360, Dorsey wrote:I was also looking back through some newbie games and it looks like at least one SE is always scum
Clearly SEs and Newbies have the same chance (2/9) of being scum individually, at least if you believe the roles are assigned randomly (which they are). So SE or Newbie status doesn't say anything statistically.

The difference between SEs and Newbies may be how convincing they are as scum, but that's not what you commented on.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”