Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn Mafia (Game Over)

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:55 am

Post by Bell »

In post 937, Sakura Hana wrote:In my opinion, you being concerned about all the townreads on you makes you townier.
I’ve faked this as scum before. It takes little effort to ask this question or make the request. I would find it more AI if they approached a player and asked them why they were being town read with specifics because it shows an interest in seeing if the reads on them are fake or not.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Bell »

In post 948, Elsa Jay wrote:I asked the same question earlier romance and they voted me for it. So I feel ya.
I think I’m wrong on Elsa.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Sircakez
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 947, Romance wrote:If you want me to talk about anything in particular you're going to have to ask.

I've already said I feel like my thoughts aren't falling in line with how everyone else is approaching this and it's not a fun experience at the moment, so. Whatever is important I guess throw at me.
Your dissonance is part of what's triggering me, tbh.

Plus, there's a wagon cropping up on you out of thin air, and you're not poking any of the 3 votes that fired off within minutes, all without explicit justification.

It's a bit early in the game for town to be this demoralized.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 950, Bell wrote:
In post 937, Sakura Hana wrote:In my opinion, you being concerned about all the townreads on you makes you townier.
I’ve faked this as scum before. It takes little effort to ask this question or make the request. I would find it more AI if they approached a player and asked them why they were being town read with specifics because it shows an interest in seeing if the reads on them are fake or not.
Hydra of Yume & House
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:00 am

Post by Bell »

OOG references to Titus meet are heartwarming but oog influences! *hiss*

Also, sorry for not coming to the meet. There are a lot of barriers for me to show up for that kinda thing. *jobs*~
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 949, Qrow and Raven wrote:Wrt Mandelbrot I’m reading them mostly off of Yume rather than House
Qrow = Gamma?

-House
Hydra of Yume & House
Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:02 am

Post by Romance »

In post 953, Mandelbrot wrote:
In post 947, Romance wrote:If you want me to talk about anything in particular you're going to have to ask.

I've already said I feel like my thoughts aren't falling in line with how everyone else is approaching this and it's not a fun experience at the moment, so. Whatever is important I guess throw at me.
Your dissonance is part of what's triggering me, tbh.

Plus, there's a wagon cropping up on you out of thin air, and you're not poking any of the 3 votes that fired off within minutes, all without explicit justification.

It's a bit early in the game for town to be this demoralized.

- House
I mean. Dunno. Maybe I'm more sensitive to it but when I put out my genuine thoughts and people go "nah don't like these it's scummy" I am very prone to shutting down and getting too frustrated to really continue on for a while and/or throw a fit because people aren't townreading me when ~I~ feel like I'm doing towny things. I've been trying not to do the throwing a fit part lately but it's just frustrating. Maybe it's because on my main account people are very quick to townread me and I just end up wondering how much of that is a personality/vibe thing, and if I'm stuck having to play like that forever when it's tiresome. Rant over, sorry.

I feel like my wagon is just like... "Yeah sure, okay." There's not a lot to poke. I feel like it's for pressure and I can't discern who's doing it as town and scum right now. The worst offender is probably Qrow who's not on it IIRC but sort of floated a thought about being paranoid about me earlier and is like "Yep I sanction this... buuuuut I'm gonna let the other head drive things for a while", which is stepping back from the responsibility of it all. Shrug.
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:03 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 956, Mandelbrot wrote:
In post 949, Qrow and Raven wrote:Wrt Mandelbrot I’m reading them mostly off of Yume rather than House
Qrow = Gamma?

-House
yup

-Qrow
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:03 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 949, Qrow and Raven wrote:I get that he’s mad
You damned right I'm mad.

You're one of the players I used to expect to find me when I'm town, but ever since I've come back we've been like strangers almost.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:03 am

Post by Romance »

It's kind of just like.

"Do I want to get upset and cry about a game (and no this is not for sympathy or anything because I am a crybaby and mafia is sometimes too much for my sensitive little ego and is a me thing to work on) or do I want to just like, float something here or there and not dig too deep into things unless asked which is easier to handle or do I wanna go watch fashion videos."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:05 am

Post by Bell »

Romance would you say you replace out more as scum than town?
This isn’t accusatory. I’m asking mainly because I dunno. I don’t really know what excites you about mafia. I’m not sure what motivates you. I’d like to know what that is.
Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Romance »

No. I feel like I probably replace out more as town actually.

I like playing mafia a lot. I have fun with it a lot but I also dislike it a lot at times and have motivation issues so it's a see-saw.

I'm trying to figure out a way to approach mafia that's different how I have before so it can be more fun and less emotionally taxing.
Mirio
Mirio
Goon
Mirio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Mirio »

I should have opened a betting pool on how many times people would ask which head of Q+R is which.

Something I think is interesting is Romance and I seem fairly linked in most reads I’ve seen so far- if you’re townreading one of us you townread the other and same for scumreads. I’m not sure what that means.
Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:07 am

Post by Romance »

Playing scum is pretty fun when you're doing well too. Those are probably my favorite moments in games, being a top TR as scum or just flagrantly doing scum-motivated things and no one picking up on it until it's way later.
Mirio
Mirio
Goon
Mirio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Mirio »

If you figure out how to make mafia less emotionally taxing you better open a MD thread about it. It would revolutionize the game.
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 957, Romance wrote:Maybe it's because on my main account people are very quick to townread me and I just end up wondering how much of that is a personality/vibe thing, and if I'm stuck having to play like that forever when it's tiresome.
What I've found is that alterations of playstyle tend to carry the added risk of making the player sound disingenuous.

Intentional alteration of playstyle is, in itself, an agenda. Town typically distrusts insincerity, especially when an agenda is involved.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:10 am

Post by Romance »

In post 965, Mirio wrote:If you figure out how to make mafia less emotionally taxing you better open a MD thread about it. It would revolutionize the game.
Yeah, I wish I could. I think for me though it's on average More though, could be wrong but it is what it is. I picked this hobby years ago, like this hobby, and I'm not leaving it.
In post 966, Mandelbrot wrote:
In post 957, Romance wrote:Maybe it's because on my main account people are very quick to townread me and I just end up wondering how much of that is a personality/vibe thing, and if I'm stuck having to play like that forever when it's tiresome.
What I've found is that alterations of playstyle tend to carry the added risk of making the player sound disingenuous.

Intentional alteration of playstyle is, in itself, an agenda. Town typically distrusts insincerity, especially when an agenda is involved.

- House
Yeah, fair enough. But I can't really do that much about sounding weird/different and I don't want to go back to how I "normally am" or whatever just to be townread because that's stupid and unfair.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:10 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh, i think i know who Romance is now.
Maybe.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Mirio
Mirio
Goon
Mirio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Mirio »

Sakura Romance has been outed for several days as Ydrasse.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:12 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh, i forgot about that lol, then my guess was also wrong anyway XD
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:12 am

Post by Bell »

Um. Romance already outright said they were ydrasse.

They just play on alts a bunch.

Also, I don’t think I’d ever TR Ydrasse early game. Because I think she’s pretty good at getting town read as scum early game.
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:13 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 957, Romance wrote:There's not a lot to poke. I feel like it's for pressure
My motive wasn't specifically to pressure you, per se, inasmuch as it was to say, "hey everybody, take a closer look over here and tell me what you think!"

That said I'd feel much better about your slot if you made a push that resonated with me.
Hydra of Yume & House
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:14 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 959, Mandelbrot wrote:
In post 949, Qrow and Raven wrote:I get that he’s mad
You damned right I'm mad.

You're one of the players I used to expect to find me when I'm town, but ever since I've come back we've been like strangers almost.

- House
I get there’s been some acclimation but this feels doubly strange in that first I feel like you’ve also given me crap for TRing you too fast and second being that you are concerned at all the TRs on you but you’re also concerned by the TR that’s on you but at the same time NOT on you

-Qrow
Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Romance »

In post 971, Bell wrote:Um. Romance already outright said they were ydrasse.

They just play on alts a bunch.

Also, I don’t think I’d ever TR Ydrasse early game. Because I think she’s pretty good at getting town read as scum early game.
...I mean, clearly not if you look at how this game is going...
In post 972, Mandelbrot wrote:
In post 957, Romance wrote:There's not a lot to poke. I feel like it's for pressure
My motive wasn't specifically to pressure you, per se, inasmuch as it was to say, "hey everybody, take a closer look over here and tell me what you think!"

That said I'd feel much better about your slot if you made a push that resonated with me.
The only person I'd really want to go on right now is Qrow I guess. I don't like them stepping back like they did and have given small weird pings. Nancyhead hasn't impressed either in her presence.

I've had some weird fleeting thoughts about there being scum in Qrow/RealCheeks/Head1+2 and I don't know if it's because they're all hydras and there's weird dissonance from two people expressing themselves or what. Maybe in the way they interact. I think of those three the least like to be scum is RCE+Cheeks. The meta townread that RCE threw at me with Cheeky after our back and forth early game didn't feel like it was just to placate me, nor did they have to actually placate me at that point given my level of engagement. It feels like a genuine realization of "oh, this is different from Team Mafia" and thus recalibrating from it.

The Mystic Bears hydra I'm just not engaging with this early on. Noraa always finds me weird or scummy early on in games like these (from what I recall at least, in Titus v Nancy Drew and Happy Face ) and then we get into spats that I really don't feel like doing for a third time again. That's too much to deal with in a game I'm already not vibing with a lot.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”