Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn Mafia (Game Over)

Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:19 am

Post by Romance »

(In case anyone wants to go !?!?? at me, that was a joke at Bell.)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:19 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Toogaloo is town
Bell is town
Head one head two is town I think
Tic tac is town I think
Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:19 am

Post by Romance »

In post 974, Romance wrote:
In post 971, Bell wrote:Um. Romance already outright said they were ydrasse.

They just play on alts a bunch.

Also, I don’t think I’d ever TR Ydrasse early game. Because I think she’s pretty good at getting town read as scum early game.
...I mean, clearly not if you look at how this game is going...
In post 972, Mandelbrot wrote:
In post 957, Romance wrote:There's not a lot to poke. I feel like it's for pressure
My motive wasn't specifically to pressure you, per se, inasmuch as it was to say, "hey everybody, take a closer look over here and tell me what you think!"

That said I'd feel much better about your slot if you made a push that resonated with me.
The only person I'd really want to go on right now is Qrow I guess. I don't like them stepping back like they did and have given small weird pings. Nancyhead hasn't impressed either in her presence.

I've had some weird fleeting thoughts about there being scum in Qrow/RealCheeks/Head1+2 and I don't know if it's because they're all hydras and there's weird dissonance from two people expressing themselves or what. Maybe in the way they interact. I think of those three the least like to be scum is RCE+Cheeks. The meta townread that RCE threw at me with Cheeky after our back and forth early game didn't feel like it was just to placate me, nor did they have to actually placate me at that point given my level of engagement. It feels like a genuine realization of "oh, this is different from Team Mafia" and thus recalibrating from it.

The Mystic Bears hydra I'm just not engaging with this early on. Noraa always finds me weird or scummy early on in games like these (from what I recall at least, in Titus v Nancy Drew and Happy Face ) and then we get into spats that I really don't feel like doing for a third time again. That's too much to deal with in a game I'm already not vibing with a lot.
For new page.
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:19 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 963, Mirio wrote:I should have opened a betting pool on how many times people would ask which head of Q+R is which.

Something I think is interesting is Romance and I seem fairly linked in most reads I’ve seen so far- if you’re townreading one of us you townread the other and same for scumreads. I’m not sure what that means.
Idk about the similarities between your reads, but you're not wrong about your conclusion fmpov.

I just prioritized sorting Romance over you because you're a louder voice and will likely be sorted quicker. Romance seemed to be going mostly unnoticed and catching townreads without any explanation that I could understand which didn't seem to be getting second-guessed.

-House
Hydra of Yume & House
Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:21 am

Post by Romance »

...who was townreading me, genuine question? I feel like all the reads I remember on me in recent memory weren't good ones. Mastina, Mystic Bears, Toog all have me as scum, Qrow had paranoia and are fine with it, I only remember Mirio + RC townreads. Also Tomorrow for double voting me which no clue what's going on there but like, okay.
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:21 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 973, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 959, Mandelbrot wrote:
In post 949, Qrow and Raven wrote:I get that he’s mad
You damned right I'm mad.

You're one of the players I used to expect to find me when I'm town, but ever since I've come back we've been like strangers almost.

- House
I get there’s been some acclimation but this feels doubly strange in that first I feel like you’ve also given me crap for TRing you too fast and second being that you are concerned at all the TRs on you but you’re also concerned by the TR that’s on you but at the same time NOT on you

-Qrow
No. I was whining about the fact that you can find Yume as town but not me because of the headbutting we've done since my return.

-House
Hydra of Yume & House
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 974, Romance wrote:...I mean, clearly not if you look at how this game is going...
Isn't this a scum claim
I prefer they, thanks :)
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:24 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

I took a step back because I kinda saw that my play felt legitimately scummy while doing what inadvertently became self-meta on my homesite
So I’m trying to not basically attempt to force the game to go my way and instead let others do the talking somewhat

-Qrow
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 979, Romance wrote:...who was townreading me, genuine question? I feel like all the reads I remember on me in recent memory weren't good ones. Mastina, Mystic Bears, Toog all have me as scum, Qrow had paranoia and are fine with it, I only remember Mirio + RC townreads. Also Tomorrow for double voting me which no clue what's going on there but like, okay.
RC stuck out in my mind.

I was like, "really? I'm tiered with ROMANCE?" (Not against you at a personal level, of course)

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:26 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 980, Mandelbrot wrote:No. I was whining about the fact that you can find Yume as town but not me because of the headbutting we've done since my return.
Well, if I were to read your slot just on your posting it’d probably be a TR still
Yume just kinda made it easier, and I’m not gonna overlook that

-Qrow
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Bell »

In post 974, Romance wrote:
In post 971, Bell wrote:Um. Romance already outright said they were ydrasse.

They just play on alts a bunch.

Also, I don’t think I’d ever TR Ydrasse early game. Because I think she’s pretty good at getting town read as scum early game.
...I mean, clearly not if you look at how this game is going...
In post 972, Mandelbrot wrote:
In post 957, Romance wrote:There's not a lot to poke. I feel like it's for pressure
My motive wasn't specifically to pressure you, per se, inasmuch as it was to say, "hey everybody, take a closer look over here and tell me what you think!"

That said I'd feel much better about your slot if you made a push that resonated with me.
The only person I'd really want to go on right now is Qrow I guess. I don't like them stepping back like they did and have given small weird pings. Nancyhead hasn't impressed either in her presence.

I've had some weird fleeting thoughts about there being scum in Qrow/RealCheeks/Head1+2 and I don't know if it's because they're all hydras and there's weird dissonance from two people expressing themselves or what. Maybe in the way they interact. I think of those three the least like to be scum is RCE+Cheeks. The meta townread that RCE threw at me with Cheeky after our back and forth early game didn't feel like it was just to placate me, nor did they have to actually placate me at that point given my level of engagement. It feels like a genuine realization of "oh, this is different from Team Mafia" and thus recalibrating from it.

The Mystic Bears hydra I'm just not engaging with this early on. Noraa always finds me weird or scummy early on in games like these (from what I recall at least, in Titus v Nancy Drew and Happy Face ) and then we get into spats that I really don't feel like doing for a third time again. That's too much to deal with in a game I'm already not vibing with a lot.
A lazier town bell would say that your first part of your post is a scum slip. Lol.
Mirio
Mirio
Goon
Mirio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Mirio »

In post 982, Qrow and Raven wrote:I took a step back because I kinda saw that my play felt legitimately scummy while doing what inadvertently became self-meta on my homesite
So I’m trying to not basically attempt to force the game to go my way and instead let others do the talking somewhat

-Qrow
Why does town-you care if you look scummy?
Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Romance »

I think of the people I just listed, Mastina is still town to me for how she outed herself early. I get that it could be scum faking the role or it could have been done better but it feels like she didn't have to do any of it as scum really, could have saved it for a better time, etc etc. It just feels like a big flashing light and also from what I know (or I guess assume of Mastina) it's a true claim regardless. Could just be scum not technically lying but that feels dumb to type.

Mystic Bears I go back and forth on and I don't want to get into it like I said but them getting upset at me for pushing 'LHF' was dumb too because like... I don't see those people as that (Cakez and whoever else I might have been scumreading, I don't wanna go back and check RN), and it's a weird way to dismiss going after someone. I think it's different from my criticisms of the Titus wagon in that Titus was or was going to be pretty AFK for a few days and I thought it was better to poke in places where there might be more activity. Also saying that I was 'walking back' on reads when they were early D1 and I clearly wasn't really like... attached to anything save for maybe RCE/Cheeky scum at that point wasn't the best take.

For Toog, there's not as much there [He asked why I townread Mom I think early on, and it was her joining the raid immediately without input. I want to say that scum are maybe a little more likely to try and read the room but her enthusiasm felt towny to me.] Also him saying that comment I made at Elsa Jay about not knowing how to play town is very like... silly to call buddies interacting in main thread? I am /good/ at fake interactions when I'm scum and I put weight into them and when I do them and how and there's not a lot of worth to something so flagrant IMO when I could commiserate in private, so making that connection was meh.
Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Romance »

In post 981, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 974, Romance wrote:...I mean, clearly not if you look at how this game is going...
Isn't this a scum claim
In post 975, Romance wrote:(In case anyone wants to go !?!?? at me, that was a joke at Bell.)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:29 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 985, Bell wrote:A lazier town bell would say that your first part of your post is a scum slip. Lol.
Parrot?
I prefer they, thanks :)
Romance
Romance
Goon
Romance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:30 am

Post by Romance »

In post 983, Mandelbrot wrote:
In post 979, Romance wrote:...who was townreading me, genuine question? I feel like all the reads I remember on me in recent memory weren't good ones. Mastina, Mystic Bears, Toog all have me as scum, Qrow had paranoia and are fine with it, I only remember Mirio + RC townreads. Also Tomorrow for double voting me which no clue what's going on there but like, okay.
RC stuck out in my mind.

I was like, "really? I'm tiered with ROMANCE?" (Not against you at a personal level, of course)

- House
That townread was one that turned me around on them honestly, there's no reason for RCE to be referential to that game IMO as scum. It's not like I was bringing it up and being like "hey what about this remember when we played together?"
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:30 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

:facepalm:
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:33 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ya know, im just gonna go continue playing videogames coz im having a hard time doing both mafia, and multitasking irl as it is.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Bell »

In post 989, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 985, Bell wrote:A lazier town bell would say that your first part of your post is a scum slip. Lol.
Parrot?
Cracker?
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:40 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

I'm digging Romance's latest posts.

UNVOTE:

Need to get ready for the day.

Tataru!

-House
Hydra of Yume & House
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:40 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 986, Mirio wrote:
In post 982, Qrow and Raven wrote:I took a step back because I kinda saw that my play felt legitimately scummy while doing what inadvertently became self-meta on my homesite

-Qrow
Why does town-you care if you look scummy?
Because I’m not just playing for myself here. Nancy told me to in different words basically stop acting so clingy. I’m trying to take her advice because I feel like I’ve been kinda desperate for approval.

-Qrow
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

To expand on that a bit: in another game (one was a hydra with Cheeky for, in fact!) Prism noted I tend to kinda overcompensate as scum because I feel compelled to carry my buddies’ weight on my shoulders. While not a 100% accurate tell it’s certainly a valid representation of my mindset. Here I was very excited for the game to start and I let myself get carried away, so it probably looked like I was trying to look towny early, which I kinda was, but I was also excited for the game to finally start.

-Qrow
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:59 am

Post by WhemeStar »

I’m extremely hungover right now sorry have not been giving this game 2 much effort

Plan to read when I wake up from this nap im about to take and try to catch scum
Im a dog that quacks
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 966, Mandelbrot wrote:
In post 957, Romance wrote:Maybe it's because on my main account people are very quick to townread me and I just end up wondering how much of that is a personality/vibe thing, and if I'm stuck having to play like that forever when it's tiresome.
What I've found is that alterations of playstyle tend to carry the added risk of making the player sound disingenuous.

Intentional alteration of playstyle is, in itself, an agenda. Town typically distrusts insincerity, especially when an agenda is involved.

- House
Yeah because some people played with Bambi after Elsa or vice versa they view the other one as less genuine. My agenda just happens to be boredom. If I play 1 way all the time mafia gets boring.

I like having two separate but still vaguely related styles. If anyone here has played with both they can see a slight difference. The only constant I guess is unless under the threat of death I rarely make a full Readlist day 1 without faking it. So I'll read 4-5 people today and that's about it.

Mastina is still null btw. Didn't even question me about my hypothesis and just put me near the bottom of her list. I expected her to interact with me at least somewhat.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 976, Save The Dragons wrote:Toogaloo is town