Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn Mafia (Game Over)

ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 1447, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 1404, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 1399, WhemeStar wrote:aa9 seems to be panicking and thats weird
Not panicking but angry with folks who take advantage for being on V/LA
Dear god this literally feels like me when I’m getting activity SRed as scum. When that happens I blow up the activity SR as the main reason people are pushing me and use that to discredit the whole thing.

-Qrow
Dear god this literally feels like me when i am picked some poor v/la town player to bait them for miselimination, they blow up to defend themselves i am just going to pretend saying that they increased activity to discredit me.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1450, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 1447, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 1404, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 1399, WhemeStar wrote:aa9 seems to be panicking and thats weird
Not panicking but angry with folks who take advantage for being on V/LA
Dear god this literally feels like me when I’m getting activity SRed as scum. When that happens I blow up the activity SR as the main reason people are pushing me and use that to discredit the whole thing.

-Qrow
Dear god this literally feels like me when i am picked some poor v/la town player to bait them for miselimination, they blow up to defend themselves i am just going to pretend saying that they increased activity to discredit me.
We’re not currently voting you.
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1449, Qrow and Raven wrote:Can you link that game because I think you misunderstood her Mastina post.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87032
Here
But idg the relevance to the mastina post

-Qrow
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1441, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 1439, Qrow and Raven wrote:Then show that you’re town. I’ll be waiting. It’s not too late to change my mind.

-Qrow
exactly my point and the reason why i reacted to Miro.
Inactivity is not the reason to call anyone scum. I was truly away and hadn't had the opportunity to get my head into the game.

the reason why i said that i would sheep mastina is because i see her as a pro town player when she is town. I wanted to get my head into the game but wouldn't want to keep my vote stand by and support the town the way I can.

if mastina is scum and i see something fishy i will vote on her too.
FYI this post was immediately visible in the preview window for the one right after it and it was basically a double-down on some of the stuff I’ve already called out so that’s why I’ve been a bit fiery about this matter

-Qrow
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1452, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 1449, Qrow and Raven wrote:Can you link that game because I think you misunderstood her Mastina post.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87032
Here
But idg the relevance to the mastina post

-Qrow
Subject: Large Normal 234 | A Large Normal | The End
ArcAngel9 wrote:i said it. there is scum is my wagon. just look at that!!
I honestly don’t know what to think rn.

I recall in Labrynth - I think it was? that someone said that Arc gets extemely defensive as both alignments.

~R
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1446, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 1442, Qrow and Raven wrote:I dislike how much this post hedges on calling mastina town. I have a corkboard full of reasons to TR her pretty much atp. Also you could probably skim and give thoughts, you didn’t seem resistant to catching up in LN 234 either
This is exactly is what my problem with you now. I never said mastina is town. I said i will sheep her for now until i figure this for now.
And what i did and how i played in LN 234 has no relation to how i am going to play this game because this is a different game and i started on a different tangent and i will have to see how much time i could put into it.

there are many things that can factor into my game play. so stop comparing my play only to one game that you're familiar. there are many other games i played as town (recently all the games i played were town), why can't you take a look at them to get a good understanding since you only want to sort my slot based on meta.
The fact you don’t explicitly call mastina town is the problem, you’ve basically allowed yourself to go with the flow on her slot. As for meta, I can at least recall LN 235 as a game we also played together where your towniness, while not immediately evident, was still rather strong in retrospect.

-Qrow
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1453, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 1439, Qrow and Raven wrote:Then show that you’re town. I’ll be waiting. It’s not too late to change my mind.

-Qrow
Inactivity is not the reason to call anyone scum. I was truly away and hadn't had the opportunity to get my head into the game.

the reason why i said that i would sheep mastina is because i see her as a pro town player when she is town. I wanted to get my head into the game but wouldn't want to keep my vote stand by and support the town the way I can.

FYI this post was immediately visible in the preview window for the one right after it and it was basically a double-down on some of the stuff I’ve already called out so that’s why I’ve been a bit fiery about this matter

-Qrow
She isn’t sheeping Mastina, so that’s confusing the hell out of me.
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1338, mastina wrote:VOTE: ArcAngel9
She's back and her posting did not instill in me confidence of her being town.
:lol:

Wtf? She obviously isn’t going to sheep this.

~R
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:09 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1285, mastina wrote:
In post 1087, Mandelbrot wrote:And I am kinda disappointed in mastina this game...
So am I!

I'm actually hard-disassociating right now. I'm onsite but I actually really don't want to be playing mafia right now. I'm not in the mindset for it. I'm not in the capacity to think. I'm not in the ability to be anything. I'm basically worthless. I've identified what's a type of localized depression which is particularly bad in this game, maybe with a side of the me that is fronting most right now being the me that isn't as fond of playing mafia so is less competent at it when forced into the role.

It's actually so bad that, no joke. I had the legitimate, genuine thought.

A thought I've never ever had before in a game.

No joke, first time I've ever had this thought before.

For this game.

I genuinely had the thought.

"Would it be better if I just...replaced out?" (or something similar)
Because I'm
not
, so to speak, "vibing" this game. I'm not resonating with it right now. I'm not "in" the game. I'm detached from it. I'm lost, I'm not able to focus, I'm not critically analyzing things and when I do I am wishy-washy about them, I'm reading but not truly comprehending and I genuinely don't think I can scumhunt right now.

And if I can't scumhunt, what good am I to the town? The main way I show my obvtownness is
through
scumhunting so I can't be obvtown without scumhunting and if I can't scumhunt right now I'm not contributing to the elimination of scum so if I'm not contributing to the elimination of scum and I'm not obvtowning thanks to not contributing to the elimination of scum...what good am I doing?

I'm not.

I know I'm not doing good and it's incredibly frustrating. The spark isn't there. I have a decent read on
why
the spark isn't there (disassociation, hardcore), but not how to get it back, other than:

"Wait, hope and pray."

Which, to be fair. Does work. Giving it time has, traditionally, always worked for me. While it's fairly rare, this is not the first towngame I've felt lost/detached from, and the 'give it time' approach was precisely what I needed in those games in order to get back into the swing of things. Sure enough, after I had the benefit of more time, I ended up being my normal self, contributing normally, having focus, having conviction, obvtowning, etc.

It's just that giving time is something that leaves me with only a hope of future-me being more suited to the task.

I'm sorry I'm not my normal self. Believe me, I
want
to be my normal self!
And you have my word that given extra time with extra flips and extra claims and extra scumhunting, I'll get better, more honed in, refined, etc. Which is why I'm not actually going to replace out, because I DO have faith in future-me to be the normal me.

But until then I'm just an extra body. I won't
hurt
the town in this state, but I can't help them in it, either. I'll be sure to tip the scales down the line as I've full confidence in my ability to do that once I have a good focal point. I just need to find it.

Until then, I know this sounds terrible, but.
I genuinely am considering just voting in the LHF that I don't townread and supporting other players doing the same.
In post 1051, mastina wrote:RealCheeks (RCEnigma + CheekyTeeky)
Sakura Hana
SirCakez
Romance
(gap?)
Whemestar
Elsa Jay
Momrangal
Save The Dragons
(this is not a readslist, this is a reformatted thing.)
As in, genuinely, voting any of the names in here, preferably the lower names due to them being lower activity.

This list is based on perceived lack of activity and perceived low-hangingness of the names combined with lacking true townreads in the names listed, but basically.

I am genuinely considering just voting the names I don't think are doing much in the way of gamesolving, just to advance the game into a state where maybe, hopefully, down the line, I actually have some semblance of good reads.
@Arc, did youread this post?
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:22 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

-Qrow

Okay, I may be slow but I’m starting to understand Gamma’s problem with this.

~R
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Mystic Bears »

I am finally done studying holy shit. I promise my next post will actually be content lol
Do you really want to know what happens when a bear gains mystical powers?

Stay tuned and see what these faerie bears end up like~
Unsigned posts are Noraa
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 1455, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 1446, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 1442, Qrow and Raven wrote:I dislike how much this post hedges on calling mastina town. I have a corkboard full of reasons to TR her pretty much atp. Also you could probably skim and give thoughts, you didn’t seem resistant to catching up in LN 234 either
This is exactly is what my problem with you now. I never said mastina is town. I said i will sheep her for now until i figure this for now.
And what i did and how i played in LN 234 has no relation to how i am going to play this game because this is a different game and i started on a different tangent and i will have to see how much time i could put into it.

there are many things that can factor into my game play. so stop comparing my play only to one game that you're familiar. there are many other games i played as town (recently all the games i played were town), why can't you take a look at them to get a good understanding since you only want to sort my slot based on meta.
The fact you don’t explicitly call mastina town is the problem, you’ve basically allowed yourself to go with the flow on her slot. As for meta, I can at least recall LN 235 as a game we also played together where your towniness, while not immediately evident, was still rather strong in retrospect.

-Qrow
so according to you, my meta is everything i did in LN 235? so it didn't matter what i have done in other games? do you see how hilarious that sounds like?
In post 1456, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 1453, Qrow and Raven wrote:

-Qrow

-Qrow
She isn’t sheeping Mastina, so that’s confusing the hell out of me.
Mastina is wrong, if she is town who i intended to follow and sheep.. She will get that soon if not and if she is scum i ll be glad to vote her to eliminate.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:20 pm

Post by Bell »

Ah man my post got deleted.

1. Commentary about signing up for this game for the last 3 or 4 pages.
2. Asking Wheme why he said he was gunna obvtown if he doesn’t know how to obvtown.
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1458, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 1285, mastina wrote:
In post 1087, Mandelbrot wrote:And I am kinda disappointed in mastina this game...
So am I!

I'm actually hard-disassociating right now. I'm onsite but I actually really don't want to be playing mafia right now. I'm not in the mindset for it. I'm not in the capacity to think. I'm not in the ability to be anything. I'm basically worthless. I've identified what's a type of localized depression which is particularly bad in this game, maybe with a side of the me that is fronting most right now being the me that isn't as fond of playing mafia so is less competent at it when forced into the role.

It's actually so bad that, no joke. I had the legitimate, genuine thought.

A thought I've never ever had before in a game.

No joke, first time I've ever had this thought before.

For this game.

I genuinely had the thought.

"Would it be better if I just...replaced out?" (or something similar)
Because I'm
not
, so to speak, "vibing" this game. I'm not resonating with it right now. I'm not "in" the game. I'm detached from it. I'm lost, I'm not able to focus, I'm not critically analyzing things and when I do I am wishy-washy about them, I'm reading but not truly comprehending and I genuinely don't think I can scumhunt right now.

And if I can't scumhunt, what good am I to the town? The main way I show my obvtownness is
through
scumhunting so I can't be obvtown without scumhunting and if I can't scumhunt right now I'm not contributing to the elimination of scum so if I'm not contributing to the elimination of scum and I'm not obvtowning thanks to not contributing to the elimination of scum...what good am I doing?

I'm not.

I know I'm not doing good and it's incredibly frustrating. The spark isn't there. I have a decent read on
why
the spark isn't there (disassociation, hardcore), but not how to get it back, other than:

"Wait, hope and pray."

Which, to be fair. Does work. Giving it time has, traditionally, always worked for me. While it's fairly rare, this is not the first towngame I've felt lost/detached from, and the 'give it time' approach was precisely what I needed in those games in order to get back into the swing of things. Sure enough, after I had the benefit of more time, I ended up being my normal self, contributing normally, having focus, having conviction, obvtowning, etc.

It's just that giving time is something that leaves me with only a hope of future-me being more suited to the task.

I'm sorry I'm not my normal self. Believe me, I
want
to be my normal self!
And you have my word that given extra time with extra flips and extra claims and extra scumhunting, I'll get better, more honed in, refined, etc. Which is why I'm not actually going to replace out, because I DO have faith in future-me to be the normal me.

But until then I'm just an extra body. I won't
hurt
the town in this state, but I can't help them in it, either. I'll be sure to tip the scales down the line as I've full confidence in my ability to do that once I have a good focal point. I just need to find it.

Until then, I know this sounds terrible, but.
I genuinely am considering just voting in the LHF that I don't townread and supporting other players doing the same.
In post 1051, mastina wrote:RealCheeks (RCEnigma + CheekyTeeky)
Sakura Hana
SirCakez
Romance
(gap?)
Whemestar
Elsa Jay
Momrangal
Save The Dragons
(this is not a readslist, this is a reformatted thing.)
As in, genuinely, voting any of the names in here, preferably the lower names due to them being lower activity.

This list is based on perceived lack of activity and perceived low-hangingness of the names combined with lacking true townreads in the names listed, but basically.

I am genuinely considering just voting the names I don't think are doing much in the way of gamesolving, just to advance the game into a state where maybe, hopefully, down the line, I actually have some semblance of good reads.
@Arc, did youread this post?
Why would you want to sheep a slot who made this kind of post? Please explain that to me.

~R
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 1463, Qrow and Raven wrote:Why would you want to sheep a slot who made this kind of post? Please explain that to me.
Actually, I just finishing reading that post. I am quite shocked by it. mastina as i know is a pro-town player. I feel sad about this and i am hoping that it might be a phase and wish her to come back to her old self very soon. She is one of those players on MS that i am very fond of.

So my intent to say that i will sheep her was more to do with the confidence I have in her (based on my perception). I certainly wouldn't sheep her when she is not confident with her own gameplay.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:14 pm

Post by tictac »

In post 1270, Qrow and Raven wrote: Fuck! I just ISO’d her and caught her ellitelling.
so i kinda like the agression from you both, and the bit with the heads disagreeing felt real.
this is not how doing an ISO works tho.

so can we yeet mom now?
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:20 pm

Post by RealCheeks »

In post 1370, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 1284, RealCheeks wrote:
In post 1263, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 1221, RealCheeks wrote:
In post 1197, Momrangal wrote:PG 35

I'm liking what I see so far, vote remains where it stands

New person of interest: cheeky
All the page 35 posting was me not cheeky. If you have questions I'm around.

-R
Why do you sr us?

Also ~R
Cheeky and I decided we are going to avoid engaging with you guys today for the sake of both slots and the gamestate.

We aren't interested in pushing you today but if we're both around day 2 we can talk about it then.
I'd rather try to work out our differences, specifically between me and cheeky, but if she insists I'll respect it
though there's a...separate part than the interactions between us that make me feel not-great about y'all

-Qrow
Feel free to case us.
Cheeky is free to do what she feels but I suggested giving it some breathing room.

Also Nancy consider our vote dead, Cheeky gave me the ok to move it elsewhere I just haven't found another spot for it. I wanted to see how things go with wheme responding to pressure first.
-R
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:33 pm

Post by RealCheeks »

With a face like that I'll do anything you tell me to tictac
VOTE: mom
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:35 pm

Post by RealCheeks »

Out of curiosity though, what was it you liked about whemes catch up?
-R
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:48 pm

Post by tictac »

the arc on bell read and not knowing what to do with TT maybe changing meta
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:20 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1462, Bell wrote:Ah man my post got deleted.

1. Commentary about signing up for this game for the last 3 or 4 pages.
2. Asking Wheme why he said he was gunna obvtown if he doesn’t know how to obvtown.
Thats part of obv towning
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:21 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1465, tictac wrote:so i kinda like the agression from you both, and the bit with the heads disagreeing felt real.
I got same vibe and I think I TR head dissonance
Im a dog that quacks
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:50 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Aa9 is probably a good vote here
I prefer they, thanks :)
Tomorrow Corporation
Tomorrow Corporation
Goon
Tomorrow Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:45 am

Post by Tomorrow Corporation »

I'm sorry, everyone. I gave it some thought and the raid has a lot of benefits I'd overlooked. I've tried to restrain myself but it's simply an offer I can't refuse. Ugh, I'll probably regret this later.

Join Raid
The future is tomorrow
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:01 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 1472, Dwlee99 wrote:Aa9 is probably a good vote here
Barking up on the wrong tree here..
What makes you're not a good candidate to get eliminated?
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c