Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

Admitted*
Mobile is dimb
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

I’m sleepy and want to see how this develops
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:50 pm

Post by Alisae »

We have like 30+ hours left I can take like
A couple of those.
It’s end of day anyways so things get a bit more interesting
GTKAS
| here.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:45 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 268, Wisdom wrote:
In post 265, imaginality wrote:Ali warning you not to push her to decide between us too soon makes me think I'm the 8-ball and she's wanting to see if there's enough interest to get me eliminated over you while perfectly happy to see you go also.
That sounds farfetched, why indicate he's scumreading me more than you if you were the 8ball
Voting you is free, I literally asked him to do it or die
If Ali is scum and you're town and I'm 8-ball I reckon she'd prefer to get rid of me without putting herself at risk, but would be happy to get rid of you if that's safer. Calling you her stronger scum read but waiting to see if others vote me to give her cover for switching to me before deadline is exactly what I'd want to do as scum in that position. Switching to me just because you asked her to would look suspicious compared if others vote me first.

I'm also a logical 8-ball target given I've only recently returned to playing and likely seen as one of the weaker players in this lineup.
In post 273, Wisdom wrote:
In post 269, Alisae wrote:Gun to head that reads like town voting me but it could be scum seeing an opportunity
It feels like the latter to me
You compared his style to me, do you think I'd ever switch off my deathtunelee so easily? Onto the person they're voting?
You really think I've been deathtunneling you?
From my pov I've been finding you slightly to somewhat suspicious, enough to keep my vote on you, especially given there wasn't much else going on until the action picked up over the past day. Definitely not tunnelled.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:52 pm

Post by Wisdom »

That just makes it worse for you then
I could see you incorrectly tunneling me because you don't know me and me just scumreading your playstyle, but you not tunneling me yet making posts that quite obviously appeal to people to scumread me is just scum behavior
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:33 pm

Post by imaginality »

My post was asking people if they thought Taly was obvtown enough for your explanation of #96 to make sense.
That's not appealing for people to scum read you that's asking people to decide how they read you.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:37 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 107, imaginality wrote:
In post 105, Wisdom wrote:

You're right, I don't consider Taly flipping scum a real possibility which is why I didn't run the simulation in my head and didn't realize he'd flip 8ball
Wisdom admits not considering Taly as scum. So it's up to the rest of you whether you think that's because Taly is so obvtown, or because Wisdom is scum and knows Taly is town.
I pointed out you'd assumed Taly would flip town. You said, in as many words, that yep you did assume that. So what else was there to do on that front except ask the others whether they bought my theory or the you seeing Taly as obvtown theory?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:01 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 282, imaginality wrote:what else was there to do on that front
You could have asked me why I see Taly as so obvtown
And even if you preferred to ask others there was a more direct way of asking. Something like "I don't think Taly is so town that it warrants Wisdom thinking like that. What do you guys think?"
What you did was not ask, you suggested that Taly is not obvtown so I must be scum
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:38 am

Post by Hiraki »

i don't see wisdom flipping scum here, still don't really have a good read on imaginality, still think ali & taly will flip red

zzz
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:58 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 284, Hiraki wrote:still think ali
Did you talk about Ali being scum somewhere other than your naked vote?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:17 am

Post by Hiraki »

no - do you need me to go into it?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:24 am

Post by Wisdom »

Sure
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:31 am

Post by Taly »

In post 222, Wisdom wrote:No elims are bad
Scum now have the info to change the 8ball into someone likely getting limd whereas it was a blind guess in pregame
Let's just flip Ali
No. I stand by the read I made yesterday.
In post 225, Wisdom wrote:Ali you wanna live?
Read my points about Imaginality and vote there
THIS IS WEIRD,
WISDOM

You're trying to get someone that you've voteparked
(Alisae)
on to agree with a scumcase you have on another player,
Imaginality
, and if the first player who is about to get limmed doesn't follow with an
Imaginality
vote, you are perfectly content to eliminate.

Walk me where you think
Ali/Imaginality
S/S is possible.
In post 229, imaginality wrote: And unless I've missed something, that's the sum total of your points against me. Whereas this push on me is a point against you, it fits the 'scum wanting to get players who are suspicious of them eliminated' motif.
Then why is
Wisdom's
vote on
Alisae
and not you? It's less likely that you will be eliminated at this point in time, so what does scum-
Wisdom
have to gain from voting a more-voted player while countering you?
In post 233, Wisdom wrote:Imaginality's tone still feels manipulative to me
Read your ISO the past 2 pages, doll.
In post 241, Wisdom wrote:Yeah but that's me
Does anyone have experience with imaginality and can assure me he's like me?
He fooled me when I was my alt -
Cupcake Butterfly
, I thought he was town but was scum who kind of pocketed me. I don't have a solid meta on him. He's a logic based player.
In post 245, the worst wrote:
In post 216, Taly wrote:
In post 146, Bingle wrote:Hopefully we don't have a week long argument about whether the obviously NAI post is a scumslip every game I play.
Omfg you're right. Apologies. Fucking duck.

IT'S LATE. I'M GOING TO BED.
GOTTEM

reaction to being epically pranked was kinda towny though smh
In post 246, Alisae wrote:Wis atm I think it's either you or him
In post 247, the worst wrote:if i had one bullet and wisdom and imaginality rn i think i'd shoot wisdom

except i'd cry if it was a miselim
Ducky, why vote
Alisae
? We could be a powerful town trio that gets 8ball'ed and eliminated one after the other. It would be iconic if you joined.
In post 249, Alisae wrote:Imaginality also said I could be scum with Wis
that's kinda weirdchamp
I don't think Wis would just bus me at the start of the game if we were partners. Hell randing scum w/ wis would probably actually be exciting?
Do you ever see
Imaginality/Wisdom
as a duo here?
In post 255, imaginality wrote:
that's kinda weirdchamp
I don't think Wis would just bus me at the start of the game if we were partners. Hell randing scum w/ wis would probably actually be exciting?
I don't see early day 1 votes as bussing, too easy to hop off onto other wagons by end of day. If anything it's convenient minor bit of distancing.

I don't have a scum read on you. My read on you is pretty neutral so far, you are playing different than you did in the other game I was in with you (OMB) where you replaced our as scum but I don't place much weight on meta (aka I'm too busy to meta properly (aka too lazy) so I'm keeping a watching brief.

My post where I listed you (and Mom and the worst) was in response to the "if Wisdom is scum who's the partner?" question just looking at how different slots have interacted with Wisdom.

Taking other play into account I'd say if Wisdom flips scum Mom is my main suspect. But she's not scummy enough in isolation that I'd vote her over Wisdom today.
In post 256, Wisdom wrote:
Alisae wrote:Wis atm I think it's either you or him
Honestly you make me think you're just scum looking at a tvt and eating popcorn with such posts
This is a valid consideration. Especially with how Ali ramps up the aggro right afterwards. Seems like Ali could be scum feeling under pressure from your post:
In post 262, Alisae wrote:Like ya you could be town right on scum
or you can be scum trying to bully me into helping you complete your objective

how is going about this in this manor going to get me to help you?

You want to READ me?
Leave me the fuck alone and do what I do best, which is trying to read the actions of the other players in the table.

If you think Imaginality is scum, go fucking vote it and push it. It would be way more productive than voting me while also trying to 1v1 the guy and if people want to vote me you can just swap back anyways if u insist on maintaining this stance that I'm scum
Wisdom, you were calling my earlier post manipulative. Ali's #262, now that's manipulative.
I buy the popcorning scum theory.

VOTE: Alisae

Ali warning you not to push her to decide between us too soon makes me think I'm the 8-ball and she's wanting to see if there's enough interest to get me eliminated over you while perfectly happy to see you go also.[/quote]

What the fuck did I just read?

What have
Bingle
Mom
the worst
Hiraki
and
I
have done than not lean into the 1v1 between
Imaginality/Wisdom
?

Like, y'all pull
Alisae's
teeth for a vote when she's at L-1 or L-2, and then are content to eliminate them - because they won't join you guys on your quest to eliminate each other?

No.

One or both of
Imaginality/Wisdom
is scum. I'm reading some hot bullshit here.
In post 271, Alisae wrote:This is a nightmare
I agree
In post 284, Hiraki wrote:i don't see wisdom flipping scum here, still don't really have a good read on imaginality, still think ali & taly will flip red

zzz
WRONG. at least 50% of your scum team solve is wrong and I believe 100% is, so change your ways or we all die, if you want to call yourself a towny.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:31 am

Post by Taly »

Scum now have the info to change the 8ball into someone likely getting limd whereas it was a blind guess in pregame
Let's just flip Ali
No. I stand by the read I made yesterday.
In post 225, Wisdom wrote:Ali you wanna live?
Read my points about Imaginality and vote there
THIS IS WEIRD,
WISDOM

You're trying to get someone that you've voteparked
(Alisae)
on to agree with a scumcase you have on another player,
Imaginality
, and if the first player who is about to get limmed doesn't follow with an
Imaginality
vote, you are perfectly content to eliminate.

Walk me where you think
Ali/Imaginality
S/S is possible.
In post 229, imaginality wrote: And unless I've missed something, that's the sum total of your points against me. Whereas this push on me is a point against you, it fits the 'scum wanting to get players who are suspicious of them eliminated' motif.
Then why is
Wisdom's
vote on
Alisae
and not you? It's less likely that you will be eliminated at this point in time, so what does scum-
Wisdom
have to gain from voting a more-voted player while countering you?
In post 233, Wisdom wrote:Imaginality's tone still feels manipulative to me
Read your ISO the past 2 pages, doll.
In post 241, Wisdom wrote:Yeah but that's me
He fooled me when I was my alt -
Cupcake Butterfly
, I thought he was town but was scum who kind of pocketed me. I don't have a solid meta on him. He's a logic based player.
In post 245, the worst wrote:
In post 216, Taly wrote:
In post 146, Bingle wrote:Hopefully we don't have a week long argument about whether the obviously NAI post is a scumslip every game I play.
Omfg you're right. Apologies. Fucking duck.

IT'S LATE. I'M GOING TO BED.
GOTTEM

reaction to being epically pranked was kinda towny though smh
In post 246, Alisae wrote:Wis atm I think it's either you or him
In post 247, the worst wrote:if i had one bullet and wisdom and imaginality rn i think i'd shoot wisdom

except i'd cry if it was a miselim
Ducky, why vote
Alisae
? We could be a powerful town trio that gets 8ball'ed and eliminated one after the other. It would be iconic if you joined.
that's kinda weirdchamp
Do you ever see
Imaginality/Wisdom
as a duo here?
In post 255, imaginality wrote:
that's kinda weirdchamp
I don't see early day 1 votes as bussing, too easy to hop off onto other wagons by end of day. If anything it's convenient minor bit of distancing.

I don't have a scum read on you. My read on you is pretty neutral so far, you are playing different than you did in the other game I was in with you (OMB) where you replaced our as scum but I don't place much weight on meta (aka I'm too busy to meta properly (aka too lazy) so I'm keeping a watching brief.

My post where I listed you (and Mom and the worst) was in response to the "if Wisdom is scum who's the partner?" question just looking at how different slots have interacted with Wisdom.

Taking other play into account I'd say if Wisdom flips scum Mom is my main suspect. But she's not scummy enough in isolation that I'd vote her over Wisdom today.
In post 256, Wisdom wrote:
Alisae wrote:Wis atm I think it's either you or him
Honestly you make me think you're just scum looking at a tvt and eating popcorn with such posts
This is a valid consideration. Especially with how Ali ramps up the aggro right afterwards. Seems like Ali could be scum feeling under pressure from your post:
In post 262, Alisae wrote:Like ya you could be town right on scum

You want to READ me?
Leave me the fuck alone and do what I do best, which is trying to read the actions of the other players in the table.

If you think Imaginality is scum, go fucking vote it and push it. It would be way more productive than voting me while also trying to 1v1 the guy and if people want to vote me you can just swap back anyways if u insist on maintaining this stance that I'm scum
Wisdom, you were calling my earlier post manipulative. Ali's #262, now that's manipulative.

Ali warning you not to push her to decide between us too soon makes me think I'm the 8-ball and she's wanting to see if there's enough interest to get me eliminated over you while perfectly happy to see you go also.[/quote]

What the fuck did I just read?

What have
Bingle
Mom
the worst
Hiraki
and
I
have done than not lean into the 1v1 between
Imaginality/Wisdom
?

Like, y'all pull
Alisae's
teeth for a vote when she's at L-1 or L-2, and then are content to eliminate them - because they won't join you guys on your quest to eliminate each other?

No.

One or both of
Imaginality/Wisdom
is scum. I'm reading some hot bullshit here.
In post 271, Alisae wrote:This is a nightmare
I agree
In post 284, Hiraki wrote:i don't see wisdom flipping scum here, still don't really have a good read on imaginality, still think ali & taly will flip red

zzz
WRONG. at least 50% of your scum team solve is wrong and I believe 100% is, so change your ways or we all die, if you want to call yourself a towny.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:32 am

Post by Taly »

In post 289, Taly wrote:In post 262, Alisae wrote:
Like ya you could be town right on scum

You want to READ me?

Ali warning you not to push her to decide between us too soon makes me think I'm the 8-ball and she's wanting to see if there's enough interest to get me eliminated over you while perfectly happy to see you go also.
[/quote]

Fucking quotes. This was
Imaginality
voting NOT ME.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:34 am

Post by Taly »

I double posted too?

:facepalm: I've embarrassed myself one post after the other in the last 24 hrs.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:51 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 288, Taly wrote:Walk me where you think Ali/Imaginality S/S is possible.
Theyre two of my three scumreads
But even disregarding that I dont see where you take issue
If Ali is town I'm asking him to go for my other scumread and convince me to vote there
If Ali is scum Im making him vote one of my other scumreads
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:02 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 288, Taly wrote:In post 241, Wisdom wrote:
Yeah but that's me

He fooled me when I was my alt - Cupcake Butterfly, I thought he was town but was scum who kind of pocketed me. I don't have a solid meta on him. He's a logic based player.
If it matters to your read on me, I was town, not scum.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:08 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 289, Taly wrote:In post 229, imaginality wrote:
And unless I've missed something, that's the sum total of your points against me. Whereas this push on me is a point against you, it fits the 'scum wanting to get players who are suspicious of them eliminated' motif.

Then why is Wisdom's vote on Alisae and not you? It's less likely that you will be eliminated at this point in time, so what does scum-Wisdom have to gain from voting a more-voted player while countering you?
I see scum!Wisdom as perfectly capable of waiting to switch his vote later. Two reasons:

1. Plenty of smart players in this game who'd see Wisdom voting me as too obvious, compared with throwing out some bait and seeing if they can get town to bite.

2. Later if it ends up a 1v1 like he's been trying to make it, there'd be an additional justification of 'it's him or me'.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:22 am

Post by Bingle »

True, but rushed pile ons onto shitty wagons out of desperation are worse. We should try to get an elimination here, but not getting an elimination is much less bad than normal.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:23 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 288, Taly wrote:Read your ISO the past 2 pages, doll.
How am I manipulative
I directly say what I think
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:24 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 288, Taly wrote:One or both of Imaginality/Wisdom is scum.
there we go again
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:26 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 295, Bingle wrote:
True, but rushed pile ons onto shitty wagons out of desperation are worse. We should try to get an elimination here, but not getting an elimination is much less bad than normal.
Neither Ali nor Imaginality is a shitty wagon out of desperation, at least for me
Both have good chances of flipping red
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:28 am

Post by Wisdom »

Ali is now at E-1 btw if mod counts Taly's thing

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”