Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn Mafia (Game Over)

Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:48 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 1699, Mandelbrot wrote:
In post 1697, Mystic Bears wrote:
In post 1647, Mandelbrot wrote:It's d1 but he seems to have the confidence of having an ELO-1 read.

- House
Eh I don't LIKE the push but i don't think its like definitely scummy. Like yeah the push is big meh but like confidence is often is exaggerated? Or at least lately I've been realizing i have been exaggerating my own confidence levels in mafia games. No idea why.

-norbearbear
Strange that you're dinging me for that instead of pointing out where they stated they're not that confident in their read.

I can certainly understand voting a read I'm not confident in, but actively calling for blood on someone they not only are not confident about, but have a known history of pushing mislims on that they themselves introduce to the game?

C'mon...

- House
That's exactly the reason I am dinging you. I remember explicitly saying i wasn't confident but then doubling down and being like this person is 200% scum in town games. Like it's not scummy. It's just your mind feeling like you need to exaggerate things to build up a wagon when you
1) probably don't need to
and
2) look scummy doing it and shouldn't be doing it

but that's the issue. It's not scummy.

-bearbearbear
Do you really want to know what happens when a bear gains mystical powers?

Stay tuned and see what these faerie bears end up like~
Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:48 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 1668, ArcAngel9 wrote:Mystic Bears (Noraa + Flea the Magician) - Probably Scum
So you think I'm scum WITH Dwelee and Mirio? Yeah so I'm just casually whiteknighting one of my buddies for no reason when they're not even in danger of elimination. I'm also just running around calling my other buddy scum but not giving anyone reasons. Like that would be the most obviously scummy thing to do and associations would all look shit later in the game but you believe that????

-nornormightbelatetothewagon

Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:53 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 1700, Mystic Bears wrote:
In post 1647, Mandelbrot wrote:It's d1 but he seems to have the confidence of having an ELO-1 read.

- House
Eh I don't LIKE the push but i don't think its like definitely scummy. Like yeah the push is big meh but like confidence is often is exaggerated? Or at least lately I've been realizing i have been exaggerating my own confidence levels in mafia games. No idea why.

-norbearbear
Strange that you're dinging me for that instead of pointing out where they stated they're not that confident in their read.

I can certainly understand voting a read I'm not confident in, but actively calling for blood on someone they not only are not confident about, but have a known history of pushing mislims on that they themselves introduce to the game?

C'mon...

- House
That's exactly the reason I am dinging you. I remember explicitly saying i wasn't confident but then doubling down and being like this person is 200% scum in town games. Like it's not scummy. It's just your mind feeling like you need to exaggerate things to build up a wagon when you
and

-bearbearbear
If this wasn't clear, it's explicitly that wavering and jumping from one extreme to another that I find very NAI or even towny depending on who it is. I could just be horribly wrong but I do it so much as town and get scum reads for it that i feel good saying its NAI at the very least.

-noraaaaaaa

Unsigned posts are Noraa
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:56 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

No Nora I think you're town
I prefer they, thanks :)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:05 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1692, Dwlee99 wrote:Here's the deal: we have to consolidate eventually somewhere. Game is lethargic. Aa9 is a fine choice to consolidate on because she is scummy af. Do I know she's scum? No. Am I super confident? No, because she has just always been scummy. She definitely is pinging my radar in a different way than she had before, though, so maybe I actually have calibrated my scumdar to be able to pick something up
>She has always been scummy every game

Ok, you also mention you mislim her every game, so like, why are you not trying to figure out what are the difference between her town and scum game so you dont mislim her anymore?
Unless you dont have to because you're scum

And this is something i've been meaning to ask you, but can you then in your own words tell me why is AA9
objectively scummy
?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:08 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

- House

-norbearbear

C'mon...

- House
and

-bearbearbear
/disagree

They could easily be leaning on their meta of mislimming AA9 to either:

1) save a buddy that's currently being wagoned; or
2) distance

With dwlee bringing up their own meta of mislimming AA9, #2 is my current favorite, as from they're pov, they look like they, "finally got it right", and town is less likely to lim them if AA9 goes through.

If dwlee's history of always hounding AA9 had been brought up by anybody else, all of this wouldn't be so bad, but he's literally undermining his own credibility on an issue he claims to want.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:08 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 1705, Mandelbrot wrote:

- House

-norbearbear

C'mon...

- House
and

-bearbearbear
/disagree

2) distance

With dwlee bringing up their own meta of mislimming AA9, #2 is my current favorite, as from they're pov, they look like they, "finally got it right", and town is less likely to lim them if AA9 goes through.

If dwlee's history of always hounding AA9 had been brought up by anybody else, all of this wouldn't be so bad, but they're literally undermining their own credibility on an issue they claims to want.

- House
Fix't
Hydra of Yume & House
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:09 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1704, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1692, Dwlee99 wrote:Here's the deal: we have to consolidate eventually somewhere. Game is lethargic. Aa9 is a fine choice to consolidate on because she is scummy af. Do I know she's scum? No. Am I super confident? No, because she has just always been scummy. She definitely is pinging my radar in a different way than she had before, though, so maybe I actually have calibrated my scumdar to be able to pick something up
>She has always been scummy every game

Ok, you also mention you mislim her every game, so like, why are you not trying to figure out what are the difference between her town and scum game so you dont mislim her anymore?
Unless you dont have to because you're scum

And this is something i've been meaning to ask you, but can you then in your own words tell me why is AA9
objectively scummy
?
Just read her posts. They're scummy. And I have said something different is pinging me this game so I do have reason to think she is scum vs the other times.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:10 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

- House

-norbearbear

C'mon...

- House
and

-bearbearbear
/disagree

2) distance

If dwlee's history of always hounding AA9 had been brought up by anybody else, all of this wouldn't be so bad, but they're literally undermining their own credibility on an issue they claims to want.

- House
So you think I'm scum and that I'm distancing/bussing Aa9, so you won't vote her?

If you think me being scum implies that Aa9 is scum, then she is probabilistically more likely to flip scum than me and you should be voting her.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:11 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

If P -> Q then Pr (P) <= Pr (Q) because Pr (P and Q) = Pr (P)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:12 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1707, Dwlee99 wrote:Just read her posts. They're scummy. And I have said something different is pinging me this game so I do have reason to think she is scum vs the other times.
What part of
in your own words
did you not understand?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:12 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Those are my words
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:13 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 1708, Dwlee99 wrote:

- House

-norbearbear

C'mon...

- House
and

-bearbearbear
/disagree

2) distance

- House
So you think I'm scum and that I'm distancing/bussing Aa9, so you won't vote her?

If you think me being scum implies that Aa9 is scum, then she is probabilistically more likely to flip scum than me and you should be voting her.
I listed 2 possibilities.

You're the common denominator.

You flipping scum does not clear AA9 or vice versa.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:14 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

It isn't about what clears, it's about what's more likely to you. If you think that me being scum makes Aa9 scum because I'm distancing or something, you should be voting her not me.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:16 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

The only buddy I could possibly be trying to save here is mom I guess? But given I'm completely fine with voting her I don't think that's the argument you should be making.
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:16 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 1713, Dwlee99 wrote:It isn't about what clears, it's about what's more likely to you. If you think that me being scum makes Aa9 scum because I'm distancing or something, you should be voting her not me.
Exactly. As YOU ARE THE COMMON DENOMINATOR, YOU ARE MOST LIKELY.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:17 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

House I just explained how your logic makes me less likely to flip scum
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:17 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1709, Dwlee99 wrote:If P -> Q then Pr (P) <= Pr (Q) because Pr (P and Q) = Pr (P)
^^^
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:18 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 1714, Dwlee99 wrote:The only buddy I could possibly be trying to save here is mom I guess? But given I'm completely fine with voting her I don't think that's the argument you should be making.
It's not a terrible one for me to make at all, as scum frequently scumread a buddy but vote a townie, or scumread one buddy but bus a different one. Especially when they're undermining their own credibility in the process.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:18 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

P = me being scum
Q = Arc being scum

P -> Q is that me being scum means Aa9 is scum.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:18 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

If I'm trying to save mom from being eliminated why would I purposefully bring up my terrible read rate on Aa9? How does that make any sense?
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:19 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 1716, Dwlee99 wrote:House I just explained how your logic makes me less likely to flip scum
No. You tried to manipulate me into picking one scenario over another when there are two different worlds that have you as scum in either scenario.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:19 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

What you're doing is extremely partner!indicative with aa9 because you 1.) Chainsaw defended her by attacking me and 2.) You're voting me over someone you think I'm bussing if I'm scum
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:20 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

I refuse to ignore scenario 1 as a possibility.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:20 am