Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 622, Rannygazoo wrote:It is hard to keep track of this many players this early.

That’s why I think everyone making a reads list is weird.
I think I'm already over attempting any sort of reads list because A) it takes so much of my precious time and B) as evidenced here, no one read or even responded to it. I don't like my time and effort being wasted, especially when I'm juggling critical patients at work.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 624, Wake1 wrote:I don't like that we're voting someone who hasn't even played yet. If they don't post at all they'll get prodded or replaced. I feel that it's really cheap, and despite having voted no-shows in the past I now think it's not really optimal Townplay any more. Dwlee, I don't think you should be voting a no-show, unless it's just to get the person to get active if lurking.
I agree. It's extremely cheap. And it's not how I expect Town!Dwlee to play. What's more is that Margot is a newbie, so it's concerning Dwlee is voting for a slot like that. Don't get me wrong, Margot isn't that bad of a player for their experience level (I played with them in a newbie recently and they pegged me as Scum).

Some other thoughts:

I think Dwlee has a real shot at being Scum. Something feels off about them. Their tunnel on me and then dropping it without really saying anything about it at all is something I could see from Town if Dwlee was somehow embarrassed about SRing me before, but I can also see it as Scummy as Dwlee sees their push isn't taking so they decide to go after LHF instead.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:55 pm

I think Koba is either Town or bussing. Just thought I would get that off my chest.

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 624, Wake1 wrote:
In post 605, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 601, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 586, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Margot
What is this? Is this where you think we should go day 1?
Sure
In post 609, DkKoba wrote:it has to do with your margot vote btw - its like the shift in play made me think like that you had at town thought process and reason to arrive there
In post 610, Dwlee99 wrote:I thought I was already out of scum range before that? Or was that to lure me into security?
OK, so I need to get this off my chest right now.

I don't like that we're voting someone who hasn't even played yet. If they don't post at all they'll get prodded or replaced. I feel that it's really cheap, and despite having voted no-shows in the past I now think it's not really optimal Townplay any more. Dwlee, I don't think you should be voting a no-show, unless it's just to get the person to get active if lurking.

As for Rannygazoo, I feel like his response is maaybe a little *too* normal. Something about it just irked my gut, just a bit.

Koba, I'm not sure I understand your thought process about his shift in play having a Town though process/reason for going there. It's just my opinion, but I don't think votes on no-shows are good unless just to pressure. And after re-reading this right as I'm typing I probably should have asked Dwlee first if his vote on Margot was serious or temporary.
I mean like i dont think its a good move I just think how dwlee arrived at it comes from town (in my very convoluted theory)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 626, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 624, Wake1 wrote:I don't like that we're voting someone who hasn't even played yet. If they don't post at all they'll get prodded or replaced. I feel that it's really cheap, and despite having voted no-shows in the past I now think it's not really optimal Townplay any more. Dwlee, I don't think you should be voting a no-show, unless it's just to get the person to get active if lurking.
I agree. It's extremely cheap. And it's not how I expect Town!Dwlee to play. What's more is that Margot is a newbie, so it's concerning Dwlee is voting for a slot like that. Don't get me wrong, Margot isn't that bad of a player for their experience level (I played with them in a newbie recently and they pegged me as Scum).

Some other thoughts:

I think Dwlee has a real shot at being Scum. Something feels off about them. Their tunnel on me and then dropping it without really saying anything about it at all is something I could see from Town if Dwlee was somehow embarrassed about SRing me before, but I can also see it as Scummy as Dwlee sees their push isn't taking so they decide to go after LHF instead.
otoh this is like a compelling theory too when paired with a kyouko scumflip.

i will sleep on it
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 628, DkKoba wrote:I mean like i dont think its a good move I just think how dwlee arrived at it comes from town (in my very convoluted theory)
Um, could you un-convolute that theory, please? :neutral:
— House*
— Nosferatu*
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 627, LicketyQuickety wrote:I think Koba is either Town or bussing. Just thought I would get that off my chest.
ok on reread this fucking post is hilarious because its like "koba is town or scum" when you boil it down like all you are saying is that .. kyouko is scum here.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 630, Wake1 wrote:
In post 628, DkKoba wrote:I mean like i dont think its a good move I just think how dwlee arrived at it comes from town (in my very convoluted theory)
rain check pls
retired
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:17 pm

In post 631, DkKoba wrote:
In post 627, LicketyQuickety wrote:I think Koba is either Town or bussing. Just thought I would get that off my chest.
ok on reread this fucking post is hilarious because its like "koba is town or scum" when you boil it down like all you are saying is that .. kyouko is scum here.
No, it means you are right about Koy.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 411, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 386, Nero Cain wrote:in fairness, I think most players are negative utility
Is this a joke?
yes and no.

yes, it's general trash talk

no, I don't everyone in the game has a neg utility role

What kind of question is this?
In post 452, DkKoba wrote:meta good because people are not all the same and there are different tells for everyone :)
meta is ok. Its a decent tool but it shouldn't be used as a bible b/c scum abuse it and dumb town misuse it.
In post 463, DkKoba wrote:there's content in andres' posts though that *is* pretty off for andres' town meta - which is where I'm seeing like concern in his slot.
like what?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

LQ's post does the same thing to me it's just like dwlee is town or scum oh well
I prefer they, thanks :)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Titus »

I've fallen behind here. Will effort tomorrow to catch up.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:32 pm

In post 635, Dwlee99 wrote:LQ's post does the same thing to me it's just like dwlee is town or scum oh well
Really? Don't you think that's a simplification of what I've said? As such this comment is just rhetoric.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 488, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 215, Nero Cain wrote:I mean ya, you did start calling me town later on but you WERE calling me scum early game.
Cheesus christ Nero.
Don’t you have better things to do than rant about this?
no? I think it's important since I feel like there's a good chance he's lying and my job is to find the scum.
In post 615, GrandpaMo wrote:scum would be taking advantage of being the high poster .
"lurkers" always get pushed. Sometimes the lurkers are scum but it's fairly hit or miss. In my last 2 or 3 games the vast majority of lurkers were town and scum were the ones that pushed them.
In post 624, Wake1 wrote:I don't like that we're voting someone who hasn't even played yet.
its one vote, chill the fuck out. Though I will agree with you its not a great vote though in the past I have felt like town was all just being active and scum were in the ppl that hadn't posted yet.

ugh, don't really like how Kobo goes from hard town reading DW to maybe not town reading them.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

I agree with this, and it think it’s weird that it took so long for someone to say it.
As for Rannygazoo, I feel like his response is maaybe a little *too* normal. Something about it just irked my gut, just a bit.
Bro, this is me not really having time for nuance right now. I wanted to find the motivation for the vote without coloring DW’s response with my opinion.
Koba, I'm not sure I understand your thought process about his shift in play having a Town though process/reason for going there. It's just my opinion, but I don't think votes on no-shows are good unless just to pressure.
Koba is a very intuitive player. No use trying to figure them out. I do think they’re town here, though.
And after re-reading this right as I'm typing I probably should have asked Dwlee first if his vote on Margot was serious or temporary.
Isn’t this what I did?
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

Going to put my money where my mouth is. Voting an inactive slot when you could be gaining information from active players is a coward’s move. VOTE: dwlee

Also, I sorely overestimated how much time I’ll have for this game right now.
@mods V/LA until Monday
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 582, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 579, DkKoba wrote:"Could be scum" is garbage reasoning. And i have especially distinct disdain for it because it how i get mislimmed in games.
This is a reach. I’m not arguing A50 is Scum! I’m arguing A50 is just null, and shouldn’t be hard locked as Town!

Maybe the background behind what I’m doing isn’t clear. Two players have already sheeped your read of Kyouko. You could very well be right. I really don’t know. What I do know could very well happen is that certain players get lazy, and they decide that they can replace their need to think with your reads. And then they just run through your POE and, if for some reason some of the names you’ve left out are Scum, or several of the ones you’ve included are Town, we lose. Because people listen to you, and most Town players are just that, lazy.

If you’re Scum well I don’t know if you would use your ability to read a particular player to your advantage quite like this. But you are wrong about me, and I am one of the leading wagons. So maybe rethink where I’m coming from.
Hm this read feels real.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 596, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 595, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What is your read on SSB Andres. Do you scumread them?
Here’s my take - the reason I haven’t defended Kyouko aggressively despite seriously questioning Koba is because if I’m wrong about Koba (and I can be - Koba is notoriously hard to read) is because Kyouko admitted that Koba has their number, and yet they’re not screaming
hard
to get Koba executed. There’s not a whole lot of outrage in or for example. Just some surprise, a rather meek admission that Koba does have Kyouko’s number, and some strategic discussion about how Koba might go about using their 100% read rate to their advantage as Scum.

I am comfortable applying the burden of proficiency standard to a select
few
players. The number is small, and since I haven’t played here enough most of those players are in the old forum I used to play in. Koba is in that list. I have a feeling Kyouko agrees that the standard should apply to Koba too. If that’s indeed the case, then why aren’t they more outraged that Koba is reading them wrong and hard dunking on them? And why are they letting me take all the heat here? I’ve been in games with players I know can easily tell when I’m Town. I know how that feels like. And when they’re hedging on my slot (and I’m acting like my usual Town self), or even worse, calling me Scum, I obviously get suspicious. I’m always skeptical even if you have me right, but with some players it becomes more obvious when they should be reading you correctly but aren’t.

At the same time, I have seen Koba get some things wrong (of course, none of us are perfect). But after screaming this loud for an execution? I think that’s maybe a bit rare. If we flip Kyouko, and they flip Scum, Koba is going to get NK’ed and well, that’ll be that. But if they’re wrong? Then what? That’s going to be hard. What I’ve done in the past in situations like this is advocated for the “1v1” to get sorted, and go from there. I don’t know that I’m the one who should be making this argument. But I think it should be considered.
And this.

Matbe just Kyouko is scum here.

VOTE: SSBM_Kyouko
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 632, DkKoba wrote:
In post 630, Wake1 wrote:
rain check pls
Sure, but then when would you like me to remind you, Koba?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:20 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 635, Dwlee99 wrote:LQ's post does the same thing to me it's just like dwlee is town or scum oh well
To be frank with you Dwlee you're feeling a little cagey to me and I just wanted to get your insight on how it's going over there.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Hey all, apologies I missed game start. Have been a bit wrapped up in the Diablo 2 launch :/
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

I am genuinely keen for this, and have just been in the middle of oversleeping and over-excited to play my new remastered Paladin
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

I'm going to come to Dwlee's defence and say that they would know that I generally try to play very proactively, and therefore it is odd for me to be radio silent for the first 26 pages. Totally valid to scum read me for that
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

doesn't have anything to do with the game so spoilered

@margot

Spoiler:
how is it? I don't know if I wanted to spend the $40...do you think its worth it? Did you get it on cpu or X-box?

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

It's cowardly to vote an inactive slot when you think a bunch of active slots have town told? Okay
I prefer they, thanks :)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”