Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:21 am

Post by flow trap »

In post 424, Connordragon07 wrote:Panicked for a second cuz I thought y'all just mislynched while I was gone lol.
Slip

(Just kidding)
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Prism »

I'm here if anyone has anything they want to specifically discuss. I have a few things I'll respond to.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Prism »

So originally I had a paragraph typed up here about how I'm moderately opposed to the vote. Working my way over DTX's points I'm now more "slightly opposed".

My earlier goal was to let us milk the pressure without getting in the way, but then I had to defend the townlean to Cheeky so that didn't really work. Now that it's on the brink of going through I'll be a bit more direct in my opposition.

I won't stand completely in the way as I'm not terribly confident, but I want to at least address the points against the slot.
In post 412, DaTacoX wrote:[On the RegRider vote]It's more than that for me.

1. Voted on Cheeky for "pressure" then unvoted immediately when she was barely close to being eliminated.
2. Suspicious of flow for looking into and questioning his earlier messages. (Never actually answered the question)
3. Only comments thus far are on messages directed towards himself and responding negatively to Cheeky's posts.

Because of the lack of content and the fact that I've interpreted a lot of it to be suspicious, I consider RegRider to be the safest vote today.
#1 I don't think is stellar play and is arguably +scum. I think the stated goal of getting the reads was most important to RegRider more than pressure for its own sake, and I think his persistence on the point reinforces this idea.

#2 I...kind of agree with. 309 is just a bad post.

#3 I don't think is true, see their conversation with RH9

Okay, after getting through #2 more indepth, I'm a little more skeptical of the slot but still not one of my top picks.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Prism »

In post 276, RH9 wrote:To be fair, I like how while nobody exactly townreads me, nobody completely scumreads me either. The reasoning provided by MargotRosa has convinced me to VOTE: Prism.
In post 418, RH9 wrote:I think that the some of the reasons provided by DaTacoX, especially the one on pressuring CheekyTeeky, has prompted me to VOTE: RegRider.
You really need to explain what about them is persuasive to you. I asked you three times about what you found persuasive from Margot to no avail.

I don't see what you see about RegRider's unvote on Cheeky, because you did something very similar to RegRider:
In post 123, RH9 wrote:Anyways, should I just vote RegRider as my second random vote? I think I'll do it anyways until he says something about it.
VOTE: RegRider
In post 124, RH9 wrote:Actually, UNVOTE: RegRider. I forgot that he said that he was going to be inactive until D2.
Perhaps the inactivity vs. E-2 reasoning is a major difference, but I'd rather hear it from you.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:42 am

Post by Prism »

In post 424, Connordragon07 wrote:
In post 418, RH9 wrote:I think that the some of the reasons provided by DaTacoX, especially the one on pressuring CheekyTeeky, has prompted me to VOTE: RegRider.
Panicked for a second cuz I thought y'all just mislynched while I was gone lol.
That's a little much for someone you just had as a neutral read?

I don't think you're voting atm-who are your top picks to vote out today? We do need to start getting a move on.

As a small note, try to avoid use of the word "lynch" here. We're trying to phase it out of the site vocabulary, but I understand it's deeply embedded.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:45 am

Post by Prism »

Town
=====
DaTacoX
CheekyTeeky
camelCasedSnivy
RegRider
MargotRosa/Noksve
Connordragon07
RH9
flow trap
=====
Scum

I think I've discussed my reads on flow trap & RH9 adequately. I should probably revisit Cheeky at some point, and Camel's gone up just by default and pure activity which isn't great either.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by RH9 »

Ok, I'll UNVOTE: RegRider. The reason why I found DaTacoX convincing was the same reason why I found MargotRosa convincing. Their reasoning just seemed to make so much sense.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by RH9 »

Sorry, Prism for not getting back to you earlier about this.

v/la every weekend

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Prism »

I...really think you can dig deeper into
why
the reasoning struck a chord with you, even if it might take time to pinpoint it.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 425, flow trap wrote:
In post 424, Connordragon07 wrote:Panicked for a second cuz I thought y'all just mislynched while I was gone lol.
Slip

(Just kidding)
I think it's a legit slip.
<3 xx
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

VOTE: Connor
<3 xx
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 434, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 425, flow trap wrote:
Slip

(Just kidding)
I think it's a legit slip.
Hm? I thought it was an exaggeration

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 429, Prism wrote:That's a little much for someone you just had as a neutral read?
Oh, interesting

Connordragon07
Connordragon07
Townie
Connordragon07
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Connordragon07 »

In post 429, Prism wrote:
In post 424, Connordragon07 wrote:
Panicked for a second cuz I thought y'all just mislynched while I was gone lol.
That's a little much for someone you just had as a neutral read?

I don't think you're voting atm-who are your top picks to vote out today? We do need to start getting a move on.

As a small note, try to avoid use of the word "lynch" here. We're trying to phase it out of the site vocabulary, but I understand it's deeply embedded.
Oh right, forgot that you weren't supposed to say it here, used to ToS vocab so sorry about that. Don't really have any proper scum reads but out of everyone, thought flow was a bit weird for random pushing RegRider based off of the whole experience situation but Taco brought up some proper points of why they were voting Reg so the slight sus on them is null now. If I had to pick somebody it'd be Margot just because of them calling Prism scum for points that contradicted their previous statements about them. I'm very conflicted about RegRider right now though because of Taco's points on why they were voting them, but I have a gut feeling that they're townie.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 433, Prism wrote:I...really think you can dig deeper into
why
the reasoning struck a chord with you, even if it might take time to pinpoint it.
I thought that due to the evidence provided, it made perfect sense to vote both you and RegRider. I promise that in the future to dig deeper before voting from the reasoning of others. I think that really, my townleans are still somewhat the same, however.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by RH9 »

MargotRosa's reasoning was written with such depth that I forgot that she didn't read all the posts at the time. The depth really struck with me. However, I have to admit that voting RegRider was a mistake on my behalf. Sorry, RegRider.

v/la every weekend

camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 431, RH9 wrote:Ok, I'll UNVOTE: RegRider. The reason why I found DaTacoX convincing was the same reason why I found MargotRosa convincing. Their reasoning just seemed to make so much sense.
I don't tend to go off of other people's words unless I have none of my own because it's really easy to trick someone like you into voting someone else.

For example, most players see me as town yet I can incriminate myself with the "when I get voted out" as a scummy line, as well as accusing Cheeky of bandwagoning even though it was only the third vote, suddenly changing my opinion on Cheeky's POE for no apparent reason and thinking too hard about certain things like a scumcase against DTX.

Probably would sound convincing to you.
master at being scum(my)
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 441, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 431, RH9 wrote:Ok, I'll UNVOTE: RegRider. The reason why I found DaTacoX convincing was the same reason why I found MargotRosa convincing. Their reasoning just seemed to make so much sense.
I don't tend to go off of other people's words unless I have none of my own because it's really easy to trick someone like you into voting someone else.

For example, most players see me as town yet I can incriminate myself with the "when I get voted out" as a scummy line, as well as accusing Cheeky of bandwagoning even though it was only the third vote, suddenly changing my opinion on Cheeky's POE for no apparent reason and thinking too hard about certain things like a scumcase against DTX.

Probably would sound convincing to you.
Alright, I'm convinced :)

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Prism »

We have about 44 hours to decide. Much of that will be eaten up by sleep. We should start trying to consolidate soon, flow trap is my preferred and is the largest counterwagon atm but I am willing to go Connor or RH9 as alternatives.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Prism »

(And would hammer any wagon to avoid no elim, but I don't want people to think the current trajectory of RegRider is inevitable)
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by RH9 »

And now I've decided that I'm probably not going to be able convince that I'm so totally not anti-Town, because of the PR hunting and sheeping everybody who provides convincing reasoning, as well as voting and unvoting RegRider twice. I hope that this doesn't make a big impact on my future meta and I would say that if nobody wants to voting RegRider anymore, then they can feel free to vote me, as an alternative.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by RH9 »

Wait, what exactly did flow trap do, other then starting a bandwagon on RegRider, then voting Connordragon07, then after MargotRosa voted them, voted her? Did I miss anything? I'm worried that I missed something worse that they did. Wait, did flow trap vote CheekyTeeky, at one point?

v/la every weekend

MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 446, RH9 wrote:Wait, what exactly did flow trap do, other then starting a bandwagon on RegRider, then voting Connordragon07, then after MargotRosa voted them, voted her? Did I miss anything? I'm worried that I missed something worse that they did. Wait, did flow trap vote CheekyTeeky, at one point?
The other vote they cast was what I imagine was an RVS on you at the top of the game. Easiest way to check is by clicking the big ISO letters next to a player's name on their posts in a game, and it will bring up every psot they've made in that game isolated, on one convenient page
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by RH9 »

Oh, thank you. That's what the ISO thing was for.

v/la every weekend

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:30 am

Post by Prism »

My flow trap read is based off of my prior experience with them in Newbie 2051: Iceland. It is difficult to explain to others except that I don't think they townread me so easily.
In post 386, Prism wrote:I also am puzzled at that flow trap placement because that read on me from flow trap is deeply troubling from a meta perspective. Flow trap's last game with me they watched me control an entire game start to finish as scum, and turn myself into a UTR the second I felt like being one.

There's being eager to try again but townreading me with this little content is really out there.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”