GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

My POV is the only valid POV.
You got that right.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Show me how many games have 3 super active scum taking charge from the start and all townreading each other, as opposed to games where scum is mostly lurking or taking a backstage approach.

I guarantee you the percentage is like 2% / 98% skewed in favor of scum being mostly afk or not doing any solving.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1074, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 1068, NorwegianboyEE wrote:How sustainable do you think it is for theoretical scum!Kooba to take charge and lead us through mislims in a large, without getting any suspicion for it?
They’d get 2 mislims max before getting vigged/copped or just eliminated.
It’s not what scum does. Loftwings points is, and will continue to be garbage. Now it is perfectly possible that Loftwing is town and genuinely believes what he is saying, but his points are absolutely not valid.
M8 what are you even trying to say? Scum can’t be active? It’s sustainable for as long as it works. If a scum slot is suspicious for not getting nightkilled, a buddy can just claim doctor. I don’t like how you’re acting like the POV you’re pushing is the only valid POV.
Again: "could be scum" means nothing unless you can outline a scum thought process that aligns with reality whilsit also eliminating plausibility for a town thought process.
This is what i did with loft. While there *is* plausibility for being town for the most part - the one part that is unable to be shaken off is the Kyouko treatment that i cannot see a town universe for.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:56 am

Post by DkKoba »

Norwee I'll do you one better, 5/6 of my recent scumgames ive been intentionally lurky to not get attention because I abuse town goldfish memory syndrome.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:56 am

Post by DkKoba »

The sample of 1 is because my partners needed to be carried
retired
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Jake's clown take is that in this game me and Koba both managed to completely abandon our meta of being much less active when scum and both just settled on to an shitty strategy of hardpushing an lurker slot.
I don't see this happening even in an world where me and Koba are both scum. (Which is decidedly not the case)

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:02 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think the best role for me to have right now would be masonizer. Then i can target Jake and either confirm/disprove him town and with the added bonus of getting a platform to scream in his face.

- Bunno
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:08 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 1076, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Show me how many games have 3 super active scum taking charge from the start and all townreading each other, as opposed to games where scum is mostly lurking or taking a backstage approach.

I guarantee you the percentage is like 2% / 98% skewed in favor of scum being mostly afk or not doing any solving.
..which is all the more reason why it would be super effective.

The less someone expects something, the more unprepared they will be when it happens.
NorwegianboyEE wrote:Jake's clown take is that in this game me and Koba both managed to completely abandon our meta of being much less active when scum and both just settled on to an shitty strategy of hardpushing an lurker slot.
I don't see this happening even in an world where me and Koba are both scum. (Which is decidedly not the case)
And you're getting weirdly defensive about being called scoomb, going so far as to chainsaw me when I call you and Koba scoomby.

I feel like shutting down dissent would definitely be on the scumgenda™.

Also, quick sidenote: I am Loftwing, not Jake. I may be an alt account of Jake, but I'm trying really hard to be the Mafia-only account (so I can shitpost and stuff on my main)
Please do not continue referring to me as Jake from here on out.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1082, Loftwing wrote:Please do not continue referring to me as Jake from here on out.
Got it.

- Bunno
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:12 am

Post by Loftwing »

Thank you kind sir.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

When have you ever been correct on a read? Because last game i had with you, you were completely wrong about everything. And didn't call out any of the lurking scum. Preferring to call the town leaders and obvtown slots for scum.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:15 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It makes me think this isn't anything new for you, you're incapable of learning why your reads are so bad.
Because now you're back at it.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You're calling out the minor possibility that all of the active players are scum rather than taking a look at the slots that aren't garnering enough attention, when it's an well known fact that recent scum meta on this site is to try to not garner too much attention and to have uncontroversial reads. Which makes me think your slot is more town ironically enough, because your reads are so extremely controversial.

- Bunno
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Loftwing »

Hm, that might be the case. I'll have to look deeper into it.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

@Koba and @Nowree once we put this behind us, what is next on the agenda? Elim SSB immediately or wait for their V/LA to end?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'm fine with waiting a bit to see if they come back strong or keep up what we saw prior to their V/LA.

- Bunno
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:48 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1076, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Show me how many games have 3 super active scum taking charge from the start and all townreading each other, as opposed to games where scum is mostly lurking or taking a backstage approach.

There's even a name for it and articles written about it. It's called power wolfing.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Titus »

This is the current meta. I need to read up here but I feel that's the case. I'd be shocked if no one has FoSed me yet.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1091, LicketyQuickety wrote:

Sure, one or two but not all three.

There's even a name for it and articles written about it. It's called power wolfing.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:00 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1091, LicketyQuickety wrote:

Sure thing.
Did i say it didn't exist? No.
I'm saying it is very unlikely.
And i think both Dwlee and Dkkoba have played townie and are solidly within their town range.
If for some reason we have 5 back to back miseliminations and both of Dkkoba/Dwlee are alive i'd probably be very suspicious of them if still alive at that point. But when we're in day 1 i don't see why anyone should seriously argue in favour of shooting ourselves in the foot and eliminating an active and proactive voice that would be very useful for the town to have if they are town and leave the scummy and inactive slots to continue to fester.
If Dkkoba or Dwlee had played scummy or in a way i'd consider suspicious i'd be all for considering an elimination on them today. But they haven't.
If mafia has wits about them they will eventually shoot town!Dkkoba and town!Dwlee at some point, therefore solving the slots in question before we even need to consider if they could be scum. Because if they live for very long and continue to not find scum then they will look very suspicious by burden of proficiency.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:03 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It's not that hard to make the correct play people.

- Bunno
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Titus »

NorwegianboyEE who am I voting for? Baaaaaa!
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1096, Titus wrote:NorwegianboyEE who am I voting for? Baaaaaa!
I'd rather like to see your current thoughts if possible.

- Bunno
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 1094, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If mafia has wits about them they will eventually shoot town!Dkkoba and town!Dwlee at some point, therefore solving the slots in question before we even need to consider if they could be scum. Because if they live for very long and continue to not find scum then they will look very suspicious by burden of proficiency.
Isn't that a logical fallacy? Couldn't they be town and be unlucky at finding scum?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1098, Loftwing wrote:
In post 1094, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If mafia has wits about them they will eventually shoot town!Dkkoba and town!Dwlee at some point, therefore solving the slots in question before we even need to consider if they could be scum. Because if they live for very long and continue to not find scum then they will look very suspicious by burden of proficiency.
Isn't that a logical fallacy? Couldn't they be town and be unlucky at finding scum?
Yes. But in this context i am arguing why scum are unlikely to all be powerwolfing.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”