Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:00 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 584, Morning Tweet wrote:Now, to be completely fair -- I'm not sure if there was scum motivation to vote Ali or not. It seemed like the day was about to end. So maybe someone who is more familiar with D1 times could tell me if it seemed like Ali could die after that Bingle vote, or if it was total vanity by Bingle.
It was just hours left, I could definitely see it as town wanting to get a lim like I was asking

But the "wisdom 8ball" that accompanies it I dont like
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Wisdom wrote:
In post 575, Morning Tweet wrote:265 is the plot twist of the century LMAO WHAT. There's no way imaginality as scum predetermined that move, the positioning on Wisdom was so steadfast, and now they're helping Wisdom's reads. Nuts. Towny, I think. I think it's a misread of Ali though
Disagree
Scum "de-tunnel" way more easily because they are moved by opportunism
Town with a steadfast scumread is not very likely to reconsider to the point they sheep their scumread
I find it more likely scum doesn't think to abandon what they've been doing all day to sheep you, both because of how that can seem suspicious and also.. why?

As town I'd more expect a chaotic view of the gamestate that changes easily and has little regard for how it appears to those on the outside

However, if there was a reason for imagine to switch from pushing you to attacking Ali, then I could entertain it. I didn't really see that at the time though, it just seems like something that doesn't come from scum -- seemed like there was no good reason for scum to do it. scum!imagine gets a miselim either way, no?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 585, Morning Tweet wrote:Oh I also think Wisdom's reaction to Ali's self vote and stuff is a misread possibly by scum who wants Ali dead

Kind of same with Wisdom's read on imagine, i don't agree at all

Does that make wisdom scum by default, i guess not though
I'm just extra paranoid of manipulation
In both cases you see the surface (Ali being frustrated town, Imaginality being tunneling town) but I see possible scum plays
Especially in Ali's case because I know him to do such stuff as scum
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:05 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 600, Wisdom wrote:
In post 584, Morning Tweet wrote:Now, to be completely fair -- I'm not sure if there was scum motivation to vote Ali or not. It seemed like the day was about to end. So maybe someone who is more familiar with D1 times could tell me if it seemed like Ali could die after that Bingle vote, or if it was total vanity by Bingle.
It was just hours left, I could definitely see it as town wanting to get a lim like I was asking

But the "wisdom 8ball" that accompanies it I dont like
If that's what it was, no reason to add the extra reasoning to it though.

Like i could definitely be sympathetic to that interpretation but it kind of just seems like a fake post to me. Combined with how Bingle (apparently, i could be corrected) can read Ali well. It didn't seem like a town settling on a less than optimal target to me
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:05 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Vote Count 2.3

4 Wisdom (House, Taly, the worst, imaginality)
1 the worst (Bingle)
1 Bingle (Morning Tweet)
1 imaginality (Wisdom)

Not voting: Momrangal

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to yeet

Deadline:

D2 ends at (expired on 2021-10-02 17:15:04)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 602, Wisdom wrote:
In post 585, Morning Tweet wrote:Oh I also think Wisdom's reaction to Ali's self vote and stuff is a misread possibly by scum who wants Ali dead

Kind of same with Wisdom's read on imagine, i don't agree at all

Does that make wisdom scum by default, i guess not though
I'm just extra paranoid of manipulation
In both cases you see the surface (Ali being frustrated town, Imaginality being tunneling town) but I see possible scum plays
Especially in Ali's case because I know him to do such stuff as scum
Possible isn't the same as likely, though. Imagine's play on you seems less likely made by scum to me. Can it be scum, yes, although I don't see where the extra likelihood comes from.

Ali's self hammer/vote, yes, that can be manipulative. Ali asking for space is a bit more dubious... I'm not sure I see that play from scum!Ali being more likely. I think it's NAI or maybe towny since i think it comes off poorly and Ali I've seen try a little harder to seem towny as scum. I see Ali act this way as town all the time as well. Where does the possibility become a likelihood for you?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I can agree Ali does weird AtE stuff before but i didn't notice a particular trend to alignment with it

I do find that scum!Ali tries harder to seem towny whereas town!Ali seems to just get pissed when things dont go eir way, more or less. May or may not be a good tell but whatever

Imagine spending all their time scumreading you and then seeing something Ali says, agreeing with you and voting there, just seems like a move that has no reason for scum to do. I didn't notice how it was opportunistic. Can it be scum, yeah, but more likely, i don't think so cause i dont see the scum motivation to it
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 601, Morning Tweet wrote:seemed like there was no good reason for scum to do it.
Eh
The reason might be he did not think the 1v1 with me will help them so he decided to try to placate me by sheeping instead
But now that I'm thinking about it youre right that in my experience this type of scum will usually continue the 1v1 for much longer

Fine, let's go here instead

VOTE: bingle
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:18 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

ye lets kill bingle woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wisdom

And maybe, I can understand that reasoning, although as a move it just seems like something scum would be too self-conscious to do and generally still doesnt make a lot of sense to me compared to chaotic town not considering how they appear and going with what they feel
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:23 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 382, Alisae wrote:I feel miserable and spiteful right now so I don't even care and that information isn't relevant anyways and no one is going to let my elim not happen that just doesn't make sense.

Isnt frustrated town Ali a little self-conscious here
"I am miserable and spiteful so I dont care about my selfvote hurting town"

I cant help but feel that this is how he wants us to see it and hes annoyed that I don't
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 391, Alisae wrote:I thought I had 4 votes on me still.
That's actually not as scary.
In post 392, Alisae wrote:okay ya in that case I apologize for that.
I thought I was dying
apparently ali thought it wasn't as bad if it was a self-hammer? I'm not really sure why though. Apparently an apology was in order for a non self-hammer
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 561, House wrote:You call them unrelated, then show the relation (0 posts pushing my slot with a murderous gleam in your eyes, and a sudden flip out of nowhere)
FTFY. This continued narrative that I’ve been pushing an ali elimination is baffling. I preferred an Ali elimination to a no elim. I made a joke about how I’d have preferred the mod give us a scumflip to the lack of flip while I held the ability to hammer your slot. And I actively scumread the duck.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 562, Taly wrote:But I also wonder why Bingle feels compelled to defend Wisdom.
Because the push was weak, came exclusively at EoD and I wanted to know why it was happening? I don’t see why me being familiar with Wis has anything to do with that.

For the record, we’ve played semi regularly together for 8 or so years, but I wouldn’t consider us close by any means.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE: bingle
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by the worst »

i've always found wisdom super easy to get along with but he also has like, an enigmatic vibe as well, you know?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

he does
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:50 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 578, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 417, Bingle wrote:So... Yeah. I think it's entirely reasonable that there was scum somewhere in {Taly/Alisae/duck/imaginality} and that was why the sudden interest in Wisdom at "the butt-ass last minute".
First of all, butt ass last minute was a direct response to taly’s use of that phrase. Second of all:
In post 309, Save The Dragons wrote:
Vote Count 1.2

4 Alisae (Wisdom, the worst, Hiraki, imaginality)
1 imaginality (Bingle)
1 the worst (Momrangal)
1 Hiraki (Taly)

Not voting: Alisae

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to yeet

Deadline:

(expired on 2021-09-23 12:19:23)

This is the vote count 24 hours before the deadline for D1. Note the complete lack of any pressure on wisdom.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 589, Wisdom wrote:Ali is right that this justification for this vote is scummy tbh
Again, that’s not a justification. That is an EOD maybe we can get an elimination vote and a I don’t trust the wisdom wagon to not be on the 8 ball statement. They’re in the same post, they’re not directly related.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

But imagineality was voting Wisdom all day and if their plan was to get 8-Ball wisdom killed why tf did they tunnel the 8-ball all day just to switch to the main wagon. what was even the plan if Wisdom did actually die? how did Imagineality know they'd be able to get a Wisdom push going? That's like literally the most obviously strange D1 in all of existence -- Wisdom gets hypertunneled and is somehow the 8-ball

Alisae, well, obviously Ali was going to vote not emself and nothing about their vote was out of nowhere or related to the 8-ball

The only person that makes sense for your argument is Taly, who was trying to get anyone-but-Ali killed, essentially.

it just seems like a wildly strange read on your part that doesn't seem like a genuine thought. idk. Why would Wisdom be the 8-ball and how could scum have predicted the stars align like that, it just doesnt make sense as a read to me

Also i see that wording wasn't you now oops lol
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:00 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Also i think Taly is town anyway

And also I think Taly's vote wasn't exclusive to Wisdom could be wrong, i think Wisdom was their best pick though. I do see my wording of "anyone but ali" isn't really right, although getting not ali off was important

Also I see imagine didn't even vote Wisdom?? So nvm basically you're just referring to Taly and Ali, no?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 619, Morning Tweet wrote:And also I think Taly's vote wasn't exclusive to Wisdom could be wrong, i think Wisdom was their best pick though. I do see my wording of "anyone but ali" isn't really right, although getting not ali off was important
** getting not ali elimed

I don't know wtf that wording was
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by Bingle »

My thought with the 8ball bit was precisely this: wagon pops up with less than 24 hours to go on a player who had not been wagoned prior from a bunch of people I don’t trust in scramble mode because of said deadline. Wagon may be a last minute attempt at hitting the eightball, and I should probably mention that just in case I die and don’t get to share it because I’m heading into a work meeting.

It wasn’t really about it being wisdom or not wisdom, it was the circumstances of no one seriously wanting the elimination before right then that made the hair on the back of my neck rise. And notably: I wasn’t the only one
In post 406, Hiraki wrote:glad it wasn't just me
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:08 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 619, Morning Tweet wrote:Also i think Taly is town anyway

And also I think Taly's vote wasn't exclusive to Wisdom could be wrong, i think Wisdom was their best pick though. I do see my wording of "anyone but ali" isn't really right, although getting not ali off was important

Also I see imagine didn't even vote Wisdom?? So nvm basically you're just referring to Taly and Ali, no?
Imagine and duck also expressed willingness to flashwagon.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 588, the worst wrote:
In post 562, Taly wrote:But I also wonder why Bingle feels compelled to defend Wisdom.
i feel like bingle is
- missing a vibe read
- working on a consistent trajectory

he feels forced
Lol. Pull the other one. When have I ever been a tonal read? Better, what fucking trajectory? I’ve been treading water the entire game trying to get reads and the whole reason I cottoned on to you is because you have been actively working against that.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:14 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

i cannot for the life of me find the worstie posts

imagineality yeah although that's not a surprise from them at all is it? And also my previously stated reasoning for them targeting wisdom!8-ball being completely bonkers

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”