Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by Skybird »

Kop, I haven't decided whether RR is scum or town. I just said that I wasn't interested in voting him right now when I moved my vote.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 474, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 447, Dwlee99 wrote:Skybird are you seriously sticking with the "you're scum because you forgot you moved your vote?"
Yes, do you often forget who you are voting for? You seem to be getting pretty upset about this for you to be town.
GTKA Skybird!

Taroumaru
Taroumaru
Goon
Taroumaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Taroumaru »

In post 468, Yuki Takeya wrote:
FOS: Taro

I think he's buddying me again. Gamma, you're the expert due to
that game
. Is he?
Yea I am.I think it is funny to play along as Tarou thIS way :P
Taroumaru
Taroumaru
Goon
Taroumaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Taroumaru »

So I will be your double voter till one of us is no more ^_^
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 476, Skybird wrote:
In post 447, Dwlee99 wrote:Skybird are you seriously sticking with the "you're scum because you forgot you moved your vote?"
Yes, do you often forget who you are voting for? You seem to be getting pretty upset about this for you to be town.
How often I do it is completely divorced from whether or not it's scum!indicative
I prefer they, thanks :)
Yuki Takeya
Yuki Takeya
Goon
Yuki Takeya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by Yuki Takeya »

In post 477, Taroumaru wrote:

that game
. Is he?
If I vote you, will you vote yourself? :P
Taroumaru
Taroumaru
Goon
Taroumaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Taroumaru »

In post 480, Yuki Takeya wrote:

that game
. Is he?
Arf...
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

that game
. Is he?
I’m somewhere between “doubt it” and “not sure” rn
@Taroumaru
who do you townread at this current moment?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 444, Titus wrote:
In post 435, Skybird wrote:Thanks A50. I like you for town.
I feel A50 is right but this post pings scum.
Scum or poor play?
Yuki Takeya
Yuki Takeya
Goon
Yuki Takeya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:26 pm

Post by Yuki Takeya »

In post 481, Taroumaru wrote:
In post 480, Yuki Takeya wrote:

that game
. Is he?
Arf...
I am sorry...
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:18 am

Post by Kop »

In post 476, Skybird wrote:
Do you think that it's scum indicative forgetting where your vote is?

I know you're wary of him and have been mentioning him before this, but does this cement your read on him?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:23 am

Post by Kop »

In post 475, Skybird wrote:Kop, I haven't decided whether RR is scum or town. I just said that I wasn't interested in voting him right now when I moved my vote.
You moved your vote onto someone that you felt wasn't playing the game, and happens to be the highest wagon available.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:26 am

Post by Kop »

In post 486, Kop wrote:
In post 475, Skybird wrote:Kop, I haven't decided whether RR is scum or town. I just said that I wasn't interested in voting him right now when I moved my vote.
You moved your vote onto someone that you felt wasn't playing the game, and happens to be the highest wagon available.
Which I find quite scummy.

VOTE: Skybird
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 472, Kop wrote:FYI. I have replaced Kitty.
As if I needed more confusion. :facepalm:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:45 am

Post by Gypyx »

votecount 1.8
Kop (5) :
MegAzumarill ; Gamma Emerald ; Titus ; yuki Takeya ;Taroumaru
Momrangal (2) :
NDmath ; Almost50
Skybird (2) :
Dwlee99 ; Kop
Almost50 (2) :
superbowl9 ; Momrangal
Aristophanes (2) :
Unwnd ; Dragon Of The West
Dragon Of The West (1) :
Aristophanes
Unwnd (1) :
Radical Rat
Dwlee99 (1) :
Skybird

Not Voting (0) :

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-10-02 10:06:01), it takes 9 votes to execute rsomeone

announcementsprodding Radical Rat / Aristophanes
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:55 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I'm here, sorry, I didn't really have much new to say last time I checked in, and then got really busy.

There is definitely content in the past few pages I have opinions about now though, and I will put those into words and post them later today. For now, I just got off work and really want to go to sleep.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:06 am

Post by unwnd »

Kop's catchup is very mediocre, but the people who are choosing to treat his mediocrity as something special given the gamestate is troubling
Stop
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:09 am

Post by Kop »

In post 486, Kop wrote:
Disregard this post, I got it wrong. I must have seen your vote on Momrangel, but not moved it to Dwlee. And I happen to be the highest wagon available.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:56 am

Post by Kop »

In post 434, Almost50 wrote:
In post 431, Skybird wrote:A50, I understand what you are saying in post 424 but it bugs me. Do you want to vote Mom and Kitty just to save the mod some trouble or do you have an alternative motif?
I have nothing else against Kitty tbh. Mom however is another story. This game opened on September 20 (check Yuki's 1st post). Mom contributed 5 posts since, none of which I'd call a good post. OK.. to save me a lot of tricky talk that could have me step on the wrong side of the rules.. have a look:

search.php?author_id=31140&sr=posts

I mean I think the worms problem is real, but what of the time between this game started and she found out about the dogs problem?

But yeah, activity is key for both. We can't afford 2 inactive slots because that would hinder our abilities to wagon someone we suspect is scum, so even if they're Town they're dead weight, and I'd rather get rid of them sooner than later (I hope there's a Vig out there, so we can treat D2 as if it was D1 in a 15-players game and move on)
I'd rather push for replacements, if possible. I do agree with the points that you made about the deadweight being a problem, but if they are town, then I would actually like them to be replaced and show that they are town. If they are scum, then great but it still doesn't help because we can't draw any associations because they never contributed, or socialized with anyone, that could help us find partners. But yeah, if it went down that road, we can treat day 2 as day 1, effectively, but would rather replacements, than wasting kills.
In post 161, unwnd wrote:I'm going to try and ignore most claims because they're not provable. Doesn't matter if you claim whatever Dwlee did it's bastard and anything goes. Radical claiming they know dwlee is town because aforementioned reasons is white noise to me. As it stands, I'm not getting a feel for what people want because it's mostly revolved around the setup itself. I think it should be treated as secondary at best. My reasoning is on the fact (I believe I've said this before, so if you've been in a game with me prepare to hear the same spiel!) mechanical play is very easy to hide behind and talk about.

For context, I just lost a recent game (Bloodstained) where I had scum in my crosshairs. Town got distracted by mechanical proceedings and it ended up with me being treated as an enemy of the state for wanting to do my fucking job. Two slots got close to cleared and we let ourselves get blindsided. Titus was in that game and can attest to my claims. In short-- Let's not do that again.
I'm probably out of touch in terms of how mafia is played nowadays. But back in my time, being a miller, logical play is to come out with it early, to prevent any WIFOM later in the day, if he is investigated. But he could easily be hiding behind a fake claim, so I'm not going to read him as town, until he shows his hand and shows that he is town. He also doesn't get that universal town read because RR said that role was the one he submitted. They both could easily be scum, in this situation.
In post 324, unwnd wrote:
In post 320, Dragon of the West wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 159, unwnd wrote:Documenting thoughts in a notepad that I'll be slowly revealing over time

Don't like reading? Too fucking bad. Time to be a selfish bastard
In post 161, unwnd wrote:I'm going to try and ignore most claims because they're not provable. Doesn't matter if you claim whatever Dwlee did it's bastard and anything goes. Radical claiming they know dwlee is town because aforementioned reasons is white noise to me. As it stands, I'm not getting a feel for what people want because it's mostly revolved around the setup itself. I think it should be treated as secondary at best. My reasoning is on the fact (I believe I've said this before, so if you've been in a game with me prepare to hear the same spiel!) mechanical play is very easy to hide behind and talk about.

For context, I just lost a recent game (Bloodstained) where I had scum in my crosshairs. Town got distracted by mechanical proceedings and it ended up with me being treated as an enemy of the state for wanting to do my fucking job. Two slots got close to cleared and we let ourselves get blindsided. Titus was in that game and can attest to my claims. In short-- Let's not do that again.
In post 267, unwnd wrote:I actually missed that you were voting in tandem with A50.

Do you have any independent leanings? I don't mind the attempts to give out reads, I would read most of those as well-meaning as I'm pretty sure the lack of anything is just nervous scum

Probably says more about what type of team we're dealing with

@unwnd - it's really nitpicky of me, but the wordiness at times strikes me as fluff/over-deliberation. It could literally just be the way you write
I like to write. I like to express myself and Mafia is a good compartment to try and deliver my thoughts in interesting ways. However, the game is more shallow than a kiddie pool right now. I looked at this game, saw it was a large theme and thought we'd be at 1000 posts in 2 days because that's how things goes these days.

To my surprise, we are instead not anywhere close. My initial claims were self-serving observations that were meant to try and get the game going. And believe me, I don't mind a slow pace, but the play that is going on isn't necessarily methodical or anything to dig into. That being said, you putting some degree of effort (even if it's just quoting my posts) is...fine. Yet I want to get past just feeling fine or feeling 'meh' about multiple things and that just isn't happening.

Do you think I as scum would want to give myself attention in a stagnant game?
The game is indeed slow, do I see scum giving themselves attention by trying to move the game forward? There is that slight chance, but I don't see it.

I can see scum liking it where everybody just seems to be socializing as it would be far easier to blend in, and not draw any warranted attention. But there is that slight chance that scum can see this as an opportunity to take the lead, but that would leave it harder for them to hide later in the game, if they survive. Scum won't like vocal players and town will get paranoid to why that person is still alive.
In post 408, unwnd wrote:Driveby lazy thoughts

I think Skybird Gamma(?) A50 are town

I lean town on Dwlee but need to see them latch onto something before fully

I think you elim in RR/Aristo/ND/Yuki you probably fidd a good amount of scum
I did my read up slightly wrong and over reading through a few things again, I think my reads are nearly as close to yours, but with Skybird being an exception.

If anyone has played with Toura, is this his normal playstyle? Because I over read his ISO, and I think I'll find it hard to read that slot. But I'm not going to go for it right now, as I don't agree with going for low hanging fruit.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:05 am

Post by Skybird »

Taro, do you have any reads yet?
GTKA Skybird!

Taroumaru
Taroumaru
Goon
Taroumaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:22 am

Post by Taroumaru »

In post 482, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Taroumaru who do you townread at this current moment?
The only townreads so to speak that I have right now is You,unwnd(Really like dhis back and forth with RR and I honestly think RR might be scum here cause of it) and of course my owner Yuki <3
Taroumaru
Taroumaru
Goon
Taroumaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:22 am

Post by Taroumaru »

I am honestly kinda meh on everyone else at the moment mostly a bunch of nulls
Taroumaru
Taroumaru
Goon
Taroumaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Taroumaru »

Kop has a strong start but I will refrain for now because the replace out was really iffy and it migh tbe scum trying to look good and save the slot
Taroumaru
Taroumaru
Goon
Taroumaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Taroumaru »

In post 484, Yuki Takeya wrote:I am sorry...

Arf arf
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 422, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm happy with my Ari vote I think
Aren't you voting Skybird?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”