the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:28 am

Post by the worst »

I wasn't actually trying to be difficult with this one! not rn.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:30 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm not being passive aggressive I just don't want to tell you before you answer cause then how would it work
I prefer they, thanks :)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:31 am

Post by the worst »

In post 373, unwnd wrote:
In post 371, the worst wrote:
In post 368, unwnd wrote:I asked about TM2020 because I thought the way you brought yourself into the game as town is different from what I'm seeing here, but I've also decided that Mafia has a dependent factor that can change based on mood. My own twiddling is representative of this, but I just find you coming in here with such PROVOCATIVE and CHOICE words like kazoo being town as a leading wagon to be odd. You didn't think Kaz was in any immediate danger, yeah? The game is still at a phase that you seem to recognize where people are fishing and making halfbaked plays.
i think you think that i think you think that i think about things more than i think you know i think about things, you know?
So in short, yes?
re meta/alignment/mood, that's cool, i'm glad you feel that way

I did choose to be provocative. what of it?
how do you think it relates to my tm2020 play and why is that an alignment factor?

I don't really think Kaz is in immediate peril no. yes this game is on the precipice of getting interesting but scared of making the plunge.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:31 am

Post by the worst »

In post 376, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm not being passive aggressive I just don't want to tell you before you answer cause then how would it work
the answer is "not rn"
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:36 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 364, Dwlee99 wrote:How am I trying to look right now? (I assume the answer is town?)
The answer to this question? I thought you already answered about voting kidamn by calling my take lukewarm
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:41 am

Post by the worst »

ah. the best way I can answer that is that you are trying to look
a way
(@dannflor I'll count down from 3, then we yell "performative" in sync) but I can't pretend to know your mind. I think trying to guess how you come across invites a dialogue which doesn't really help me solve your alignment, so I would generally prefer to decline attempting to answer that!

I'll allow that I don't know how you expect to be read exactly but I think you expect, or hope, to be noticed less than I noticed you
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:42 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 377, the worst wrote:
In post 373, unwnd wrote:
In post 371, the worst wrote:
In post 368, unwnd wrote:I asked about TM2020 because I thought the way you brought yourself into the game as town is different from what I'm seeing here, but I've also decided that Mafia has a dependent factor that can change based on mood. My own twiddling is representative of this, but I just find you coming in here with such PROVOCATIVE and CHOICE words like kazoo being town as a leading wagon to be odd. You didn't think Kaz was in any immediate danger, yeah? The game is still at a phase that you seem to recognize where people are fishing and making halfbaked plays.
i think you think that i think you think that i think about things more than i think you know i think about things, you know?
So in short, yes?
re meta/alignment/mood, that's cool, i'm glad you feel that way

I did choose to be provocative. what of it?
how do you think it relates to my tm2020 play and why is that an alignment factor?

I don't really think Kaz is in immediate peril no. yes this game is on the precipice of getting interesting but scared of making the plunge.
I commend you for being the
change
this game needs, but I don't know if it was needed. Kaz is being strange. A lot of people talked about it. My own take is that they're fidgety and their opinions are overwrought.

A bit of meta takes: Kaz is not the most orderly player. I've played about 2-3 games with them now and I never find much method to why they do things. Kaz's own response to this is that people think they're 'evil' early, but like. Nothing they've done I think is necessarily evil? I don't know why they chose that description because I would describe them as 'aloof' personally. Typically what people look for in townies are those who are willing to be unguarded and give out their opinions. They've doubled down on themselves and made a minor case on Pooky and called them an SK. I think this is all ridiculous, especially so because it came back-to-back-to-back. Kaz gave themselves no set period of time where they just let their opinions lie, and instead just kept moving along. I am not a fan of this because readlists to me are done because you want people to take them in and see how people react to them. If the readlist they gave was of import, why does it seem like it is not really determining anything at this rate. It came so early and without warning and now it seems like Kaz doesn't even care and is just on to the next thing.
Stop
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:44 am

Post by the worst »

I am never the change that is needed, just a change.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:45 am

Post by unwnd »

There's a big stupid paragraph underneath that begs your attention!
Stop
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:45 am

Post by the worst »

In post 377, the worst wrote:I did choose to be provocative. what of it?
just re-stating interest in this. I'd also like to know why it's the only part of my post you didn't address, please.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:47 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

If I'm trying to come across a certain way there should be a word to describe that other than the act of coming across a certain way. You should be able to say what I'm trying to come across as rather than just that I'm trying to come across as something.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:48 am

Post by the worst »

I think im putting in a lot more effort to see you than you're putting in to see me, Dwlee.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:50 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 384, the worst wrote:
just re-stating interest in this. I'd also like to know why it's the only part of my post you didn't address, please.
I took back a thought after I typed it. I looked at your posts and in my mind went 'this is different from (TM 2020) example' but my keystrokes were already done. That's why I mentioned about how people sometimes play differently on mood. I am literally the exact same. Sometimes I just wanna do some different shit for the fuck of it and other times I'm back on my normal grind which is word salad and making allusion in text. It didn't feel right to judge you for the same thing, but here we are.
Stop
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:52 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

You're probably putting in too much effort if you feel that way because my posts are basically just stating things that happened or basic questions. I'm not being subtle or anything, I'm saying what I mean very plainly.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:53 am

Post by the worst »

In post 381, unwnd wrote:A bit of meta takes: Kaz is not the most orderly player. I've played about 2-3 games with them now and I never find much method to why they do things. Kaz's own response to this is that people think they're 'evil' early, but like. Nothing they've done I think is necessarily evil?
no problems, you're entitled to these opinions
In post 381, unwnd wrote:I don't know why they chose that description because I would describe them as 'aloof' personally. Typically what people look for in townies are those who are willing to be unguarded and give out their opinions. They've doubled down on themselves and made a minor case on Pooky and called them an SK. I think this is all ridiculous, especially so because it came back-to-back-to-back.
is there a particular reason you found this switch ridiculous? not a leading question, it reads a certain way to me and I'm interested to see why you think it's scum motivated.
In post 381, unwnd wrote:Kaz gave themselves no set period of time where they just let their opinions lie, and instead just kept moving along. I am not a fan of this because readlists to me are done because you want people to take them in and see how people react to them. If the readlist they gave was of import, why does it seem like it is not really determining anything at this rate. It came so early and without warning and now it seems like Kaz doesn't even care and is just on to the next thing.
That's definitely a factor if you're doing a readlist to garner reactions. It's not a factor if you're doing a readlist because you want to present your current reads. Is it scum motivated to drop a post and then not really care how people react to it? Is it scum motivated to continue on to new things that people are doing which change your reads on them?

These are leading questions but I'm still genuinely interested in your answers.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:56 am

Post by the worst »

In post 388, Dwlee99 wrote:You're probably putting in too much effort if you feel that way because my posts are basically just stating things that happened or basic questions. I'm not being subtle or anything, I'm saying what I mean very plainly.
I think I've answered your last question in the best faith I can. I can't really guess with any degree of accuracy how you want to look. Are you acting a certain way because you know certain people in this plist will be sympathetic to certain styles of play? No idea. Are you acting a certain way because you'd rather slip under the radar? Smells like it, but again, not really sure. Are you acting a certain way because you're working towards something? Doesn't seem like it, not sure.

I can entertain like 100 different ideas in the span of a minute and flinging posts back and forth while I make guesses about your personality doesn't feel productive for me. All I know is that I feel like you're posting to be seen a certain way, and without any like, sincerity/earnestness. That sticks out.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:59 am

Post by the worst »

In post 387, unwnd wrote:
In post 384, the worst wrote:
I took back a thought after I typed it. I looked at your posts and in my mind went 'this is different from (TM 2020) example' but my keystrokes were already done. That's why I mentioned about how people sometimes play differently on mood. I am literally the exact same. Sometimes I just wanna do some different shit for the fuck of it and other times I'm back on my normal grind which is word salad and making allusion in text. It didn't feel right to judge you for the same thing, but here we are.
Alright. Can you capture that spark in your mind which originally made you consider my TM2020 example? Even if it's blatantly incorrect, or abstract.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:02 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I want to townread you but I'm wary of how you tried to paint my actions as passive aggressive. I've been blunt/lazy I guess but I think that's a different thing than passive aggressive
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:06 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 389, the worst wrote:is there a particular reason you found this switch ridiculous? not a leading question, it reads a certain way to me and I'm interested to see why you think it's scum motivated.
I thought I alluded to it enough? It just came out of nowhere. There's a bit of inbetween now that I've pressed the ISO button on their name, but every post leading up to that is a lot of takes that don't even follow their readlist made on (heh) post 69. Pooky was sitting at null and their reason for it is that Me and Pooky always joke with another or something. That's fine, but why is Pooky's motivation suddenly skewed based on how they were..buddying house? Like, I understand at a basic level what Kaz was saying. They think Pooky is batting their eyelashes too much and not just with me, but to tack on that they're SK is just absurd. Do you think a thought like that just isn't something that comes from scum? I think it's just messy in general and I wasn't a fan of how when I called them out on having a readlist on page 2 they were like 'oh I do whatever I want' then proceeded to be nonsensical. Yes, I do think Kaz is not very orderly, but not frantic and this messy to such a degree.
In post 389, the worst wrote:That's definitely a factor if you're doing a readlist to garner reactions. It's not a factor if you're doing a readlist because you want to present your current reads. Is it scum motivated to drop a post and then not really care how people react to it? Is it scum motivated to continue on to new things that people are doing which change your reads on them?

These are leading questions but I'm still genuinely interested in your answers.
I think it depends on the context. I just personally don't see readlists happening that early and it concerned me. Nothing more I can say that I haven't already.
Stop
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:07 am

Post by the worst »

I don't think you're passive aggressive for the most part, I was actually surprised by how passive aggressive the self quote thing felt. I genuinely feel like I'm answering your questions in the most sincere way I can.

Probably more interested in hearing the motivation behind the questions than your updated read on me (though being townread makes my brain shoot out little tiny fireworks, so feel free to townread me too).
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:08 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 391, the worst wrote:Alright. Can you capture that spark in your mind which originally made you consider my TM2020 example? Even if it's blatantly incorrect, or abstract.
Ehh, there's no point. I'll give you a minor piece of it and say that I felt you were more about sleuthing before having opinions about things. Your !!! entrance startled me. Regardless, you're free to do your own thing and I don't want to be affixed to meta so much
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:10 am

Post by unwnd »

Just for clarification--

I don't dislike Kaz because their meta seems off, I think their frantic behavior as described would be giving me hives if it came from anyone. It just so happens that Kaz is the one doing it.
Stop
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:12 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I haven't felt like you're not being sincere in answering my questions, so sorry if I gave off that impression? It's literally just that I'm lazy. My entire read on kidamn is contained in Poe + those two posts are just whatever and I don't think there is more to say there, so I'll just quote myself cause it's easier to tap two buttons than type it out again or try to think of a different way to phrase such a read.

Questions were just to get into your head space and try to sort you, was the conclusion of that. Although the kidamn questions were more just me trying to make a wagon happen where I want it
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:13 am

Post by the worst »

@unwnd, read and understood. is there a reason you're holding your vote?

I think scum necessarily tp hunting has two facets:
1) as a wikitell (which only really help by advancing game state) on people who have the audacity to explicitly suggest they read someone as third party.
2) as a mindset tell (they're genuinely just tp hunting at the expense of scumhunting / they appear to view the tp as a higher priority issue than groupscum).

I feel like you're fairly focused on the former, and I'm not satisfied that you've made an effort to discern their alignment moreso than you've made an effort to discern whether their posts look towny at a surface level.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:14 am

Post by the worst »

In post 397, Dwlee99 wrote:I haven't felt like you're not being sincere in answering my questions, so sorry if I gave off that impression? It's literally just that I'm lazy. My entire read on kidamn is contained in Poe + those two posts are just whatever and I don't think there is more to say there, so I'll just quote myself cause it's easier to tap two buttons than type it out again or try to think of a different way to phrase such a read.

Questions were just to get into your head space and try to sort you, was the conclusion of that. Although the kidamn questions were more just me trying to make a wagon happen where I want it
no harm done, I think this might be a situation where we were both expecting something slightly different from the other and then we both did people things and now the whole interaction is all peopled and here we are.

I'm a very awkward person.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”