Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 1502, Almost50 wrote:Do I need to post for the sake of posting despite not having any updated reads at this time?

Someone please ask me something about someone so I can post something that may count as "game related
If you had to pick one player to sheep the whole game, who would you pick?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1525, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1518, Dwlee99 wrote:I want to kill but brain says mech to not
Who would you vote then?
Cookie or you probably
I prefer they, thanks :)
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:03 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

omg 62
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1526, Rannygazoo wrote:If you had to pick one player to sheep the whole game, who would you pick?
I don't do that. I could sheep someone for today, but I would always reevaluate and try to get my reads updated upon a flip.

Also, I think we still lim Kyo. If Town; her target (if leashed) would be shot, or she would be RB'd. She will still be a problem tomorrow. If Scum, she either gets a p to false clear her (risky) or she claims one of the above (i.e. "I targeted the NK or I targeted X.. X doesn't confirm.. Kyo argues having been RB'd)

Scum do have a reason to ask for an additional night. 1-shot "something or another" would be the most likely reason. However, as explained earlier.. even if Town her claim cannot be confirmed. (Even if she was to target one of the town core, that's still going to be unconfirmable).

Of course, there is a way around it, but it requires we out many PRs, and then it still may not be possible. Like, we need a Watcher to be on Kyo to verify she wasn't blocked. We need a Doctor on her target to guarantee they won't die. And then we need a Cop to verify the target is Town. This results in confirming both the target (via Cop result) and Kyo (via target receiving the note), but who's to protect said Cop if existent? (I am trying to think of a way to argue for her sake, but I really can't see past her elimination being the correct move)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:04 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1326, Loftwing wrote:
In post 1322, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1317, Loftwing wrote:Maybe we should start a push on GrandpaMo. They have an anime avatar, which is not acceptable.
is this serious?
The first part is. You hadn't really said much this game quite yet, and I nearly forgot you were in the game until recently.
fair enough.

but i was asking that question due to the first part actually.

i do believe i have had some AI stuff at that point of the game that could make you think im eitehr maf or town
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:05 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1376, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It’s frustrating, if this game wasn’t filled with so many bad players just dicking around we would have already eliminated scum!SSB and been on our way to the second scum elimination already.
is this also serious
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

From a mech standpoint you let Kyo live a day to see if a friendly neighbor message comes through. If it doesn't you kill her. That could be bad if Kyo is scum though because maybe she has a power role she wants to stall to use
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:07 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1325, GrandpaMo wrote:@loft r u scujrmeading / townreading nee
also u never answer this question --

this question was important in terms of scumreading / townreading u.

and u ignorning it could have been a vital reason that could make me think you are mafia for ignorning (smart on your side)

tho if u did actually miss it, answer it now and give me ur thoughts if u were on that earlier page (basically asking how was ur read on nee back then) and give me ur tohughts on them now
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:08 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1500, Titus wrote:Ok cool. What questiond did I not answer and why should I care?

What is your Kyouko read?
im not sure how to answer the first one really. if you dont care about the game, or my questions then meh. im just trying to play the game and work out who is town and who is mafia, and talking to people is the best way to do that

i think all i asked was about your opinions very generally, and your read on me specifically as you said i'm your first scumread in 60 pages but didnt say why. given you're a sensible player i thought you might have some interesting insight on what was happening, like the mason claim, general town vibe, suspects etc.

overall i'm fairly neutral on kyouko. not especially town by any means, but not overtly scummy overall. there are a few other players who interest me more, and it feels like low-info because it was really driven hard by the 2 loud players without meaningful opposition, and they themselves may be masons. also the way the wagon has gone, i don't feel that great about it flipping mafia, although that's mostly gut. I wouldn't fall over shocked if it flipped scum, but my current thinking is it isn't the best elim today. i may be wrong of course, that's part of the game
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:08 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1390, Hakai wrote:Almost all the game is just blegh... like no actual readable content.
this just sounds like filler content at the most.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:09 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1501, Kerset wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1.8With 16 players alive it takes 9 to eliminate

ssbm_Kyouko (6): Almost50, NorwegianBoyEE, Dwlee99, Hakai, Andresvmb, DkKoba,
Titus (2): LicketyQuickety, cool cookie,
cool cookie (2): Titus, Rannygazoo,
Dwlee99 (2): Wake88, Loftwing,
NorwegianBoyEE (1): Nero Cain,
Loftwing (1): MargotRosa,
Almost50 (1): GrandpaMo,
DkKoba (1): ssbm_Kyouko,
LicketyQuickety (0):
Nero Cain (0):
Hakai (0):
Wake88 (0):
GrandpaMo (0):
Andresvmb (0):
MargotRosa (0):
Rannygazoo (0):

Not voting (0):

Deadline: (expired on 2021-10-02 17:00:00)

V/LA: Wake88 till Tuesday
ssbm flips town , sad
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:09 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

VOTE: Hakai
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:10 am

Post by cool cookie »

an overall reflection would be there seem to be lots of folk not doing / saying much and getting away with it, i'm not sure if that's a good situation
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:12 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1462, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 1444, cool cookie wrote:
In post 1313, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 1292, cool cookie wrote:im mostly wary of those following dkkoba reads, as it's a very easy way to stay out of the limelight. Dwlee99 is of interest, not only for that reason, but to look at later.
Do you think Koba is town and scum are sheeping, or do you think Koba is scum trying to strongarm the game?
this is a red flag - it was very clear i think that i was implying the former, so setting up the latter may be a bit of misrep/distancing from the truth.
I will address this point -- I straight up do not remember why I asked this. I thought I was going to expose something about your motivations, but looking at it now, it's an obvious question.

However, your weird combination of wishy-washyness and tunneling feels unnatural, and unnatural feel scummy. I wouldn't mind eliminating you now, but I don't want you to be my vanity wagon.

@titus join forces?

what sorry?

but reading this back, i just realized this post is a bad response.

cool cookie's was acutally a not bad response. i dont know if ur push was a reaction test or what -- but you look worse due to u being more artiifical like.

you are pushing cookie for being wish washy in their statement -- but i can cleraly understand what they sent, they have mentioned and referenced this type of writing in their older posts, why not point them out till now ? why wait till this post?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1532, Dwlee99 wrote:From a mech standpoint you let Kyo live a day to see if a friendly neighbor message comes through. If it doesn't you kill her. That could be bad if Kyo is scum though because maybe she has a power role she wants to stall to use
but you aren't voting elsewhere? I'm town so I'd vote either ssbm or cookie to save myself but I like my cookies cold. What do you think about Wake or Grandpa?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:13 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1538, cool cookie wrote:an overall reflection would be there seem to be lots of folk not doing / saying much and getting away with it, i'm not sure if that's a good situation
eh.

the moral of what i usually go by is that we lim the people who have talked becuase once we get into a smaller game throughout the days that forces ppl to be more active .
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Loftwing »

I don't think we let Kyouko live here, mainly because we don't have any alternate players to choose from. In addition, given what I already know, her role is implausible. (Also if she's town I get to nae nae on Koba)

If scum!Kyouko, then killing her is the best outcome (since we don't have any reliable way to tell vanilla scum from PR scum)
If town!Kyouko, then we shatter the current townblock and cast suspicion at the masons until their heads fall off.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:14 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1532, Dwlee99 wrote:From a mech standpoint you let Kyo live a day to see if a friendly neighbor message comes through. If it doesn't you kill her. That could be bad if Kyo is scum though because maybe she has a power role she wants to stall to use
yeah i agree with this. elimming a power role which can confirm themselves isn't a good idea, and unlikely to be any harm in letting it play out. i guess for me the mason claim and the friendly neighbour claim could both be true mechanically
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1540, Nero Cain wrote:
but you aren't voting elsewhere? I'm town so I'd vote either ssbm or cookie to save myself but I like my cookies cold. What do you think about Wake or Grandpa?
Grandpa is fine. Is wake even playing anymore?
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 1497, cool cookie wrote:on my voting, I think I only made 2 votes so far, and neither of them stuck for long, so hard to say I really gave anything a chance to stick? you say my votes were bad, but you dont say why. I think both were fine tbh, maybe you are just not relaxed with somebody using their vote as a tool to learn more information. sometimes voting to see how people react is a good way to learn. also having conversations with real substance and detail
Oh no, I'm totally relaxed with it. So what did your votes accomplish? What did you learn?

Pressure votes don't work if there's no threat behind them. There's no threat because we're in the middle of day 1 of a large. It looks like you were trying to make a counterwagon to scum!kyouko. You haven't updated your read on kyouko since your 19th post . I mean, if kyouko flips town today, I will crown you the Due Diligence Fae, but I don't think trying to stir up new wagons for no reason is necessarily good town play. You've been putting the vote before the reason. Wtf do you expect from get from voting titus at this point in the game?
In post 1497, cool cookie wrote:that is exactly why i think it's important to look at you, and others in that camp. you are no less important than anybody else - you have an equal chance of being mafia as everybody else. If a town just gave you a free pass because you were quiet, would that be good? seems to be a bad precedent to set. but really, like most of my comments it was just prompted by a comment which stuck out to me, and then I did some more research on you. but I think my assessment was fair and your reaction was overly defensive.
If I seem defensive, it's because you're making things up.
In post 1444, cool cookie wrote:but some hint of knowing more than he should, and an interesting evolution in thoughts overall
You didn't back this up. What did I know that I shouldn't? What was "interesting"?

Here's another example, to prove it's not just OMGUS:
In post 1219, cool cookie wrote:yes i think loftwings position there is strange. attacked for defending the slot, so responds by arguing they are a nullread which could be a way of trying to not look like they are buddying up - which would be tough for the evil team. although could also be loftwing trying to distance from a town elimination. not the only player potentially in that camp i can see.
So loftwing looks bad for giving the benefit of doubt to kyouko, and it's scummy to be distanced from a scum elimination OR a town elimination????? All I can say is ???????????
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:15 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1542, Loftwing wrote:I don't think we let Kyouko live here, mainly because we don't have any alternate players to choose from. In addition, given what I already know, her role is implausible. (Also if she's town I get to nae nae on Koba)

If scum!Kyouko, then killing her is the best outcome (since we don't have any reliable way to tell vanilla scum from PR scum)
If town!Kyouko, then we shatter the current townblock and cast suspicion at the masons until their heads fall off.
i dont like this for several reasons but dont have time to expand now - later
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 1539, GrandpaMo wrote:you are pushing cookie for being wish washy in their statement -- but i can cleraly understand what they sent, they have mentioned and referenced this type of writing in their older posts, why not point them out till now ? why wait till this post?
I'm not quite sure what's you're asking, but it's probably because isos are useful and I don't have enough time to devote to this game and react to everything as it comes in live, alas.

I hate the fact that there were 420 posts in the time it took me to write my last wall.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

all kyouko's claim does is add more to why she is scum because she has not played the game like a self clearing PR at all - while norwee and I have
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:17 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1548, DkKoba wrote:all kyouko's claim does is add more to why she is scum because she has not played the game like a self clearing PR at all - while norwee and I have
they claimed lol ?
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:18 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 1533, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1325, GrandpaMo wrote:@loft r u scujrmeading / townreading nee
also u never answer this question --

this question was important in terms of scumreading / townreading u.

and u ignorning it could have been a vital reason that could make me think you are mafia for ignorning (smart on your side)

tho if u did actually miss it, answer it now and give me ur thoughts if u were on that earlier page (basically asking how was ur read on nee back then) and give me ur tohughts on them now
I ignored it at first because I thought you were asking what my read on you was.. which should have been obvious given that I wanted to start a wagon on you for info. (Null)

I.. uhh. have a complex read on NorwEE. I'm getting complex and hard to describe vibes from them at this time.
In short, they exist on both sides of the spectrum and never in the middle.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”