Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 4261, House wrote:Now, with a cop claim, however, if I die tonight, Ythan is confirmed scum and I'm fine with that trade.
This is idiotic but you don't control the elimination so it's harmless.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by House »

In post 4283, Titus wrote:Let's just check Ythan and yeet CSF.

Your vote would be appreciated House.
VOTE: CSF

For great justice!
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 4267, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 4260, House wrote:
In post 4143, Kerset wrote:Dragon claim basically confirms Titus claim. Not really the alignment but TA itself has huge interaction with mailman as "he can communicate outside the thread". So what the heck is cop doing here? The answer is simple Ythan pulled the most obvious "dont vote me today card". It was the most obvious safe he could pull but people over here will buy any story out of fear, so such cheap moves works.
YES!
I know! But we can't get any momentum because "it'll sort itself."
You can put it in quotes but it's still true Iol.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by House »

In post 4288, MathBlade wrote:It’d be an awesome apology if you checked CSF House.

Are you gonna make me get a puppy eye gif?
I explained clearly why I won't do that, and it's not too be mean to you.

CSF could easily call for me to waste my shot as an ascetic, them claim I'm scum making excuses when I have no result.

It would probably have worked too, as most everyone is/was royally pissed at me.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4298, Titus wrote:
In post 4295, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4293, Titus wrote:
In post 4290, Nero Cain wrote:I think they should both check him that way no way can argue they were blocked or some shit.
We aren't wasting invests.
Plus I think CSF is town so if House disagrees good invest for house. :)
Based on?

There is no vig for him to backup anymore.
Gut vibes and claiming something that a regular cop and a TA could guilty him on.

At that point TA was suspected to exist.

I don’t think CSF does a backup vig claim just to not have a claim prepped for Ythan which means if Ythan scum telling the truth or town. So Ythan could be forced to check CSF (suboptimal) and then be in shit without a paddle.

So one of CSF/Ythan has to be town if not both.

I think the claim/plan from CSF is so bad it’s good. Especially if House is scum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4303, House wrote:
In post 4288, MathBlade wrote:It’d be an awesome apology if you checked CSF House.

CSF could easily call for me to waste my shot as an ascetic, them claim I'm scum making excuses when I have no result.

It would probably have worked too, as most everyone is/was royally pissed at me.
Then your check still investigates CSF scum so it’s not a waste?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4299, MathBlade wrote:I think with 11 alive that doesn’t add up.
there are 12 alive.

This was a 13 player. Occam's says there were 3 scum. We killed 1 scum meaning the are 2 left. 12-2 is 10 meaning there are 10 town. There are 7 pr claims and 4 vt claims. A 5/5 town split more way more sense to me than a 6/4 or 7/3. Thus 2 of the prs are lying. Math is in your username. C'mon man.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by House »

In post 4305, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4303, House wrote:

Then your check still investigates CSF scum so it’s not a waste?
Any check with no result is a waste, as no result is by definition inconclusive.

There is motive for scum!CSF to ask to be rolecopped if she's ascetic.

I'm checking someone who has not specifically asked for it.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by House »

If Titus checks CSF and gets no result, she can try again on someone else

I can't.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4306, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4299, MathBlade wrote:I think with 11 alive that doesn’t add up.
there are 12 alive.

This was a 13 player. Occam's says there were 3 scum. We killed 1 scum meaning the are 2 left. 12-2 is 10 meaning there are 10 town. There are 7 pr claims and 4 vt claims. A 5/5 town split more way more sense to me than a 6/4 or 7/3. Thus 2 of the prs are lying. Math is in your username. C'mon man.
I don’t think so. I am a VT JK. The best way to weaken my PR is with someone like a CSF. A named Townie aka chocolate Townie but not. Then you have the effect of a 5/5 as you call it while not having too much power.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

OMFG Math you've been here 8 years? how do you not understand basic setup design?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4308, House wrote:If Titus checks CSF and gets no result, she can try again on someone else

I can't.
If you’re town correct which means it should be used in a way that confirms you did,
If you check an investigative like Titus or Ythan you could just be a scum roleblocker.
I would much rather if you not check CSF check a VT claim or someone who can’t invest,
But really because you’re one shot it should be on CSF who can confirm you did. CSF can’t confirm if Ythan or Titus do. He has to confirm you town if you are.

But CSF really is the best check for you.
If any invest other than you claims roleblocked I am gonna be paranoid because of the BS you pulled and think you’re a roleblocker.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4310, Nero Cain wrote:OMFG Math you've been here 8 years? how do you not understand basic setup design?
I do. I also know how scum manipulate it and how town sided setups can be.

In recent setups your premise hasn’t held up
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I would rather not guess the mod I would rather guess the players.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4264, Titus wrote:Now I can save mine for someone more useful!
Also thought this was pretty weird. You think scum are CSF and Ythan and were are about to vote out CSF leaving 1 last scum yet your check on him is "not useful" I call bullshit. If you think he's the last scum left (assuming CSF flips scum) then he's the guy you want to check. Even if CSF didn't flip scum he's still your scum read and a worthwhile check FYPOV.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4314, Nero Cain wrote:
Also thought this was pretty weird. You think scum are CSF and Ythan and were are about to vote out CSF leaving 1 last scum yet your check on him is "not useful" I call bullshit. If you think he's the last scum left (assuming CSF flips scum) then he's the guy you want to check. Even if CSF didn't flip scum he's still your scum read and a worthwhile check FYPOV.
I am kinda back to Titus and House plus 1 maybe DGB maybe a VT.

I think it balances out the mass claim problem.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4304, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4298, Titus wrote:
In post 4295, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4293, Titus wrote:
In post 4290, Nero Cain wrote:I think they should both check him that way no way can argue they were blocked or some shit.
We aren't wasting invests.
Plus I think CSF is town so if House disagrees good invest for house. :)
Based on?

There is no vig for him to backup anymore.
Gut vibes and claiming something that a regular cop and a TA could guilty him on.

At that point TA was suspected to exist.

I don’t think CSF does a backup vig claim just to not have a claim prepped for Ythan which means if Ythan scum telling the truth or town. So Ythan could be forced to check CSF (suboptimal) and then be in shit without a paddle.

So one of CSF/Ythan has to be town if not both.

I think the claim/plan from CSF is so bad it’s good. Especially if House is scum.
This makes no literal sense whatsoever.

No one else can have a claim prepared for a cop and the TA. They're all taken.

That doesn't mean one of CSF or Ythan must be town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Titus »

CSF is a wasted check when we should lim CSF.

I'd rather catch the hard to get scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

You’re misunderstanding my point.

If CSF and Ythan are scum together they would have talked about both their fake claims.

So one of them is town if not both for that reason.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

inb4 Titus is planning on killing Ythan but doesn't want to "investigate" there so she won't have to fight off paranoia that "OMG U VISITED A GUY THAT DIED!"

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Titus »

You know the scum if I am wrong. If I'm right, I'm useless anyway.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4317, Titus wrote:
CSF is a wasted check when we should lim CSF.

I'd rather catch the hard to get scum.
I don’t think CSF is scum and would rather elim in the VTs or no where.

I would want to force scum to action their claims.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4318, MathBlade wrote:You’re misunderstanding my point.

If CSF and Ythan are scum together they would have talked about both their fake claims.

So one of them is town if not both for that reason.
So they talked and reached that conclusion.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4319, Nero Cain wrote:inb4 Titus is planning on killing Ythan but doesn't want to "investigate" there so she won't have to fight off paranoia that "OMG U VISITED A GUY THAT DIED!"
I would have been investigating Ythan if House hadn't agreed to do that. I said so publicly.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4319, Nero Cain wrote:inb4 Titus is planning on killing Ythan but doesn't want to "investigate" there so she won't have to fight off paranoia that "OMG U VISITED A GUY THAT DIED!"
Meh I can sort her in that case.

If Ythan dies she’s scummy for trying to elim Ythan not so much if she invests elsewhere.

I don’t trust Titus or House and am considering them town worlds as a courtesy and want to see what they do. Definitely not sheeping them on an elim.

My compromise is not elimming them.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”