Open 828 | The Brethren Coalition | Game Over!

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Pavowski »

Yoink.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player

Farren
He/Him

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Farren »

In post 472, MathBlade wrote:Hey working right now will read later.

Can someone say who they absolutely want in the coalition please? Only one name allowed no naming yourself.
Pavowski.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:11 am

Post by cyrus62 »

pav
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:12 am

Post by cyrus62 »

who i dont want in is ssbm and yessir no replace will convice me a man convice agesnt his will . will death tunnel.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 478, cyrus62 wrote:who i dont want in is ssbm and yessir no replace will convice me a man convice agesnt his will . will death tunnel.
Interesting. I am curious as to why.
This also doesn’t answer who you do want in your coalition.

Would you accept any coalition that did not have me and Kyo?

This is an odd way of dodging my question. There’s a reason I am asking it like this.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 479, MathBlade wrote:
In post 478, cyrus62 wrote:who i dont want in is ssbm and yessir no replace will convice me a man convice agesnt his will . will death tunnel.
Interesting. I am curious as to why.
This also doesn’t answer who you do want in your coalition.

Would you accept any coalition that did not have me and Kyo?

This is an odd way of dodging my question. There’s a reason I am asking it like this.
Ignore the not answering sorry
Phone cut off the Pav post
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

Here’s a thought I had about the setup while my build loads:

Aim for a coalition of 5 town.
But we should also vote for the last Townie of the 5 in that coalition for elimination.

Reason being is that if it’s all 5 town we win so we don’t care if we elim a townie
But if we don’t win then we narrow the scum to 1 in 4 or 2 in 4 at day start.

This forces scum to shoot in the PoE outside the towniest we already declared or have a 1 in 3 or 2 in 3 shot of elimming scum.

Agree or disagree and thoughts?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 481, MathBlade wrote:Here’s a thought I had about the setup while my build loads:

Aim for a coalition of 5 town.
But we should also vote for the last Townie of the 5 in that coalition for elimination.

Reason being is that if it’s all 5 town we win so we don’t care if we elim a townie
But if we don’t win then we narrow the scum to 1 in 4 or 2 in 4 at day start.

This forces scum to shoot in the PoE outside the towniest we already declared or have a 1 in 3 or 2 in 3 shot of elimming scum.

Agree or disagree and thoughts?
I tentatively endorse this plan.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Farren »

Agree that we aim for a coalition of five Town.
Agree that we eliminate inside the Coalition if it fails.

Not sure if you were advocating for setting up a hammer before the Coalition passes (so that it processes instantly in the event of a Coalition failure); if you were, I'd disagree with that. We still want a chance to get reactions from people both inside and outside the Coalition if it fails, and I don't see the gain in passing this up.
Mish-Mash Janitor

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 483, Farren wrote:Agree that we aim for a coalition of five Town.

Not sure if you were advocating for setting up a hammer before the Coalition passes (so that it processes instantly in the event of a Coalition failure); if you were, I'd disagree with that. We still want a chance to get reactions from people both inside and outside the Coalition if it fails, and I don't see the gain in passing this up.
Did I misread the setup in that we have a coalition and then elim happens the same time of the coalition?

I am not advocating for an immediate hammer should it happen. Ideally if it fails we get communication time.

I personally do not care if I am on or off the coalition. While the instant win is nice I find it’s kinda scummy to demand to be on the coalition due to scum needing at least one person on it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 484, MathBlade wrote:
In post 483, Farren wrote:Agree that we aim for a coalition of five Town.

Did I misread the setup in that we have a coalition and then elim happens the same time of the coalition?

I am not advocating for an immediate hammer should it happen. Ideally if it fails we get communication time.

I personally do not care if I am on or off the coalition. While the instant win is nice I find it’s kinda scummy to demand to be on the coalition due to scum needing at least one person on it.
I think we *could* pre-hammer somebody but I agree that I don't love that idea.

It may not change anything, but discussion between a failure and a hammer would be nice.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

What I find interesting is a lot of one word answers to my question rather than actively advocating for why the player they picked should be on the coalition without explanation. Not sure what it means yet but that seems telling.

Pedit: Agreed. I will ask redtea after work about what happens to the elim after the coalition fails and if we get discussion time or not.

If we do we might want to Ram through a coalition ASAP of initial townreads and see if we win. If we don’t then the excluded 4 players are at least 3 town if not all 4.

So means we have a deep wolf in our initial impressions.

Yes instantly winning is good but I don’t think that should be the goal.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

My point of this is it’s more important that a coalition resolves than it being the coalition you exactly want.

Not being given a split at all is worse than having it fail because then it’s a 7v2 mountainous and that’s brutal.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Farren »

In post 484, MathBlade wrote:Did I misread the setup in that we have a coalition and then elim happens the same time of the coalition?

Elimination happens on D1 as soon as there's a hammer, unless the Coalition hasn't formed yet. (pretty sure that's right - regardless, we don't want to be casting any hammer votes pre-Coalition if it's wrong either.)

And I'm positive that we will have discussion time as long as we don't hammer anyone - and have time left on the clock. The clock doesn't reset on a Coalition failure, so we won't want to wait to the last minute to approve a Coalition.

PEdit> and yes, under no circumstances do we want to *not* make a Coalition. Better to have one fail than skip it entirely.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 487, MathBlade wrote:My point of this is it’s more important that a coalition resolves than it being the coalition you exactly want.

Not being given a split at all is worse than having it fail because then it’s a 7v2 mountainous and that’s brutal.
100% concur with this but we are in no danger of not forming a coalition at this point. Lots of time, yet
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 488, Farren wrote:
In post 484, MathBlade wrote:Did I misread the setup in that we have a coalition and then elim happens the same time of the coalition?

Elimination happens on D1 as soon as there's a hammer, unless the Coalition hasn't formed yet. (pretty sure that's right - regardless, we don't want to be casting any hammer votes pre-Coalition if it's wrong either.)

And I'm positive that we will have discussion time as long as we don't hammer anyone - and have time left on the clock. The clock doesn't reset on a Coalition failure, so we won't want to wait to the last minute to approve a Coalition.

PEdit> and yes, under no circumstances do we want to *not* make a Coalition. Better to have one fail than skip it entirely.
Cool then sounds like an I derped on rules reading thing.

Now on the last VC it’s kinda hard to read but it looks like no one has been added to the coalition yet right?

I am expressing intent to vote for every person who has the highest amount of votes to be in the coalition after work.

Based on what has happened so far I am thinking this might shake up stuff and then we can see who doesn’t want that group to go and why.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 489, Pavowski wrote:
In post 487, MathBlade wrote:My point of this is it’s more important that a coalition resolves than it being the coalition you exactly want.

100% concur with this but we are in no danger of not forming a coalition at this point. Lots of time, yet
We do but then only a few days for elim.

I’d rather win or fail as fast as possible then more time if we are wrong for an elim.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 490, MathBlade wrote:
In post 488, Farren wrote:

Cool then sounds like an I derped on rules reading thing.

Now on the last VC it’s kinda hard to read but it looks like no one has been added to the coalition yet right?

I am expressing intent to vote for every person who has the highest amount of votes to be in the coalition after work.

Based on what has happened so far I am thinking this might shake up stuff and then we can see who doesn’t want that group to go and why.
There's no such thing as "adding someone to the coalition". The coalition is formed when 5 people vote for the same coalition of 5.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 490, MathBlade wrote:Cool then sounds like an I derped on rules reading thing.

There's no official "This person is definitely in the Coalition" status. There's just us all submitting slates of up to five candidates.

If five people submit the exact same slate of five people, that becomes the Coalition.

PEdit> Basically what Pavowski said. I can add someone to *my* Coalition, but not to *the* Coalition.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 491, MathBlade wrote:
In post 489, Pavowski wrote:

We do but then only a few days for elim.

I’d rather win or fail as fast as possible then more time if we are wrong for an elim.
Gotcha, yeah that's not a bad idea. Doesn't necessarily have to happen today but hopefully by early next week
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Ugh that’s…confusing lol.

I volunteer to be out of the coalition then unless someone wants me in it. Apparently if Cyrus is town my slot done goofed somehow so I don’t mind being outside of it. Then we have it down to 8 unless someone actively wants me in it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 495, MathBlade wrote:Ugh that’s…confusing lol.

I volunteer to be out of the coalition then unless someone wants me in it. Apparently if Cyrus is town my slot done goofed somehow so I don’t mind being outside of it. Then we have it down to 8 unless someone actively wants me in it.
(This is town btw unless we already done goofed and have scum in there)
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 464, redtea wrote:Pavowski - (9)
cyrus62 - (9)
Save The Dragons - (7)
Nathann - (3)
Farren - (3)
yessiree - (2)
Hakai - (4)
ssbm_Kyouko - (2)
Enchant - (0)
Since this list, Nathann and I have been healed once each - so Mathblade's proposed Coalition based on what he said earlier would be cyrus, Pavowski, Save The dragons, and two of (me / Nathann / Hakai).
Mish-Mash Janitor

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 496, Pavowski wrote:
In post 495, MathBlade wrote:Ugh that’s…confusing lol.

(This is town btw unless we already done goofed and have scum in there)
I thought you said we didn’t have a coalition ergo no one is in anything?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 497, Farren wrote:
In post 464, redtea wrote:Pavowski - (9)
cyrus62 - (9)
Save The Dragons - (7)
Nathann - (3)
Farren - (3)
yessiree - (2)
Hakai - (4)
ssbm_Kyouko - (2)
Enchant - (0)
Since this list, Nathann and I have been healed once each - so Mathblade's proposed Coalition based on what he said earlier would be cyrus, Pavowski, Save The dragons, and two of (me / Nathann / Hakai).
Yup. Pretty much assuming this post is factually accurate what I would do. Then can see if there’s scum in the majorly townread players or not.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Open Games”