Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1808, the worst wrote:i think gamma just dropped down my readlist because his reads on house & lld are just so epically hard to relate to.
Btw this sounds like a load of shit, pretty sure you had just said “agree to disagree so thinking I’m scum for being out of line with your perspective is miles off from that suggestion and you just wanted an excuse to slide into OMGUS pushing me
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1824, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1813, unwnd wrote:I think if you flip red you're giving a stink eye to Gamma as a partner or if you're town Gamma looks terrible on your wagon.

So either way your last wishes will be heard.
Fuck off.
Tbh this was kinda uncalled for I just dislike unwnd shading me like this
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by unwnd »

We're all entitled to our opinions on this glorious day

I think worst might actually be town, or he's shockingly way more comfortable than any other scumgame I saw in that deepdive
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:09 pm

Post by unwnd »

Duckie can drop a big fat goose egg on my face if I'm wrong

Does anyone wanna try lil ol' unwnd on MCat?
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:26 pm

Post by unwnd »

IF I AM WRONG HERE THEN WP
Gorkington

HAVE PASSED THE D1 INSPECTION
Dannflor

Worst

Pooky

Kaz

SORTING PILE, FRIEND OR FOE?
Navi

House

LLD

Dwlee

Mega

I WOULD LIKE TO ELIMINATE THESE PEOPLE
MCat

Gamma
Stop
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:25 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1825, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1808, the worst wrote:i think gamma just dropped down my readlist because his reads on house & lld are just so epically hard to relate to.
Btw this sounds like a load of shit, pretty sure you had just said “agree to disagree so thinking I’m scum for being out of line with your perspective is miles off from that suggestion and you just wanted an excuse to slide into OMGUS pushing me
I think we're gonna agree to disagree on Dwlee and I think you have a lot of work to do to convince me your other reads are real lollllll
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:26 am

Post by the worst »

HAHAHA I'VE POCKETED UNWND AT LAST

sure
VOTE: mcat
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:34 am

Post by the worst »

I'm surprised folks aren't seeing what I'm seeing with Dwlee really?? though in kinda reading their mafia alignment with a weather vane so maybe I'm being kinda goofy being so confident on d1
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:42 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1806, unwnd wrote:I don't want the same to happen to me. That makes the game less interesting and while I think Pooks is delusional in his own read of me, at least I have something to fight against. I think most townies wanna prove they're town in some way and with you pretty much in the spotlight I'm just engaging you to see what comes of it.
im not crazy bear yelling at clouds

you r scum cuz you've managed to write war and peace but have 0 villains in it and i think its a load of crap.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:43 am

Post by Gorkington »

here is a big fat vibe check on the game from the Image

im at the stage of my mafia-playing-whatever-you-would-call-it-(aka-not-a-career-because-thats-silly) that i dont really fully trust myself to get things fully right with my reads.
so you shouldnt either.

but this is all just prefacing the fact that a lot of my townleans are in a space of "eh i would not be terribly surprised if you are secretly mafia playing a good game" but i cant exactly turn off how im feeling so if this is useful to someone this is my complete readset and thoughts on the playerlist/gamestate.
(this might be a very self indulgent post sorry in advance)

==========================================================

Spoiler: tread carefully stranger there are many words buried beneath this spoiler tag and few of them are to be considered as being useful to read
dannflor:
is the closest thing i have to a logical rock this game. i think i want him to be town more than i actually think hes town but i dont really think it matters and if he keeps playing at this level and is town then its unlikely that mafia is going to want someone that smart in the game trying to parse things from start to finish. i personally think people should stop shading him unless they really want to flip him or have something specific to pick at beyond just "oh no dann why is it that you arent gorkington levels of town"? nobody is even capable of reaching that level of town except for me. youre not being fair to dannflor at all by saying that. also i think his pushes and sorts just generally feel like theyre coming from a genuine place so theres that as well.

also also, it feels like it would be extremely distracting to constantly be on edge about people floating you around as some kind of super secret subterranean wolf for extremely nebulous reasons. thats what we call slander. you fucking jerks.

if youre worried that hes mafia just like, look for who seems plausibly partnered with him and beat them up instead and then turn your brain back on for reading him on d4.

pooky:
feels weird to have him in the upper echelons of this list but oh well! i woke up 10 minutes ago feeling some kind of moment of clarity about the fact that pooky feels like he doesnt have control in a way thats making him seem antsier in this game than in his scumgames when he felt like everything he did was calculated towards some kind of purpose. im probably not putting enough respect on his scumgame by feeling this comfortable with him. biggest hesitation would be that his reads feel a little sticky, but kazyan has moved around in his readlist so its not like hes been mindlessly pushing the same reads all game.
and, i'll get to this later, but his view of the game has generally been probably the closest to my assessment and i want to believe that im not assessing this game the same as scumPooky is lol. im choosing to believe that pooky has got my back. life's too short to doubt yourself, you know?

dwlee:
i could be getting entirely suckered on the "im being lazy" angle thats been the quintessential descriptor of their play so far, but i just generally believe most of dwlee's posting and think the reactions to LLD's and gamma's pushes have both seemed genuine. most of the pushing there feels like its for overly clinical/logical reasoning of why dwlee is doing X or Y, but i think dwlee is just approaching the game differently from what most people expect and thats making them more of a target. you might say that its ironic that such a desire to be lazy has ended up making the game more difficult for them P:

gamma:
hes throwing a lot of attitude around that i generally associate more with town swagger vs mafia forced opinions. ive more than once this game thought "wow i hate you gamma you are very wrong about this thing you nerd" (this is exaggerated i dont actually think this it was just a moment god calm down i dont have a problem with gamma leave me alone) which is something that i dont think i would feel reading a series of a lot of mafiaposts in a row.

house
: i knocked him down in this list from my initial inclination to put him higher, particularly with his play the last few days. im partially holding on to a feeling that i had when he was more active/around last weekend. hoping he gets back into the game here because his play is kind of devolving into memes rather than trying to parse the gamestate. i would expect me to be fully paranoid again here coming in to d2 but for now im capturing this moment in time and right now i generally feel like house is just trying to relate and be involved in a way thats probably. i dont really understand what hes trying to do or where his head's at and am hoping thats just because hes busy.
this is probably the closest i have to a stale read at this point but im kind of down to not waste effort trying to do an ISOdive on him when we're not wagoning him today short of a miracle case.

======everybody except for house is allowed to read this, this was originally a spoiler but then i decided to spoiler my nightmare read breakdown post so now this is a futile attempt at a text spoiler===========
nobody tell house that im also a little influenced by pooky's read there. i do frankly think that it gets a lot harder to play scum as you get older/busier unless you have a strong inclination for it.
======okay house you can start reading again===========

megazu:
this is where im starting to get close to the null line, but theyre still slightly above the line atm. i havent seen anything from their tone/posts that has particularly pinged me as scummy and theres moments that i think end up feeling more town than not, particularly some aspects of their LLD push in terms of the aggression in given moments but also taking a moment to tell LLD to take a step back in a way that felt like a natural way for town. this is all kind of a stretch. sorry about that. i probably would need to do an ISOdive to feel more strongly and i just dont really want to do that when theres no reason to right now.

murdercat:
this is probably slightly inflated higher than it should be. murdercat's tone is just like.. not great this game, but i do believe the general sentiment of being fed up of being pushed coming from him. willing to cut him some slack because his schedule this weekend seems fucked (and like the pedantic awful scumhunter in me is like "ay its been 3 hours since your meetings started WHY DIDNT YOU FEEL THE NEED TO COME BACK AND PLAY WITH US??? HUH!?!?!?!?") so im willing to cut him some slack and if mafia for some reason decides to let me live then tomorrow can try to make an effort to try to get him engaged and if hes still feeling really wooden then he should get the clamps.

kazyan:
i fucking hate that this read is here. im choosing to shut off the primal part of my brain that thinks theyre mafia and if they end up being the zaiden of this game then people can build me a monument because im better at reading newscum than all of the rest of you. (and i guess i dont hate some of their most recent posts even if the whole "i bet the mod would break up the scumteam if it were LLD and the worst"-being townread made me twitch).

LLD:
i weirdly agree with my strongest scumread that theres a large contingent of Aisling's posting so far that just feels extremely probable for being agenda driven. if the worst were just stripped out of the game entirely i would probably be a lot more paranoid feeling of her here, but its pretty hard to imagine that set of interactions coming from partners. i think the dwlee push is fine and something i would expect from her either way. i'd like to give her some space to try to gain her footing. the defeatism of "people wont even let you trade a promise to flip you if your scumread flips town anymore" felt like a really weird sentiment to have given that we've collectively been pretty on board with getting the duck which would probably effectively semi-clear her if he flips mafia? the timing kind of makes it make sense given that a wagon on her was starting, but it just feels like something you say when youve been put in a corner and have no options left and it didnt really feel like that was the case.

unwnd:
i think the way hes choosing to play this game is very hands off and clinical which is basically 0% what i was expecting having followed along one of his towngames recently. i think hes very smart and makes quote-unquote "good points", but theres a layer of artificialness and an unwillingness to get into the weeds that makes me feel really icky about his play this game. i also just straight up hate the back and forth he had with the worst and the way his read has moved around on the duck makes 0 sense to me. i think theres something really off about the way he went from saying murdercat/the worst cant be partners, to saying the worst should bus murdercat, to suddenly townreading the worst. i know there will be logical "good points" for why this should make sense, but it doesnt really seem believable and if the worst does flip mafia then unwnd should be a high priority sort.

navi:
i appreciate the kind words and they do in fact make me feel a little guilty for this read which is probably ridiculous so you know what screw it! no more feeling mad at myself instead im going to roast YOU.
why did you name yourself Navi when youre not even TRYING to help us here?
oh SNAP.

but yeah for real i think the gimmick account was a little too crutchy and theres not enough solving energy from you coming out of it. for some reason it feels almost harder to understand where your head is at than when you were trying to make beautiful art posts. so. idk i feel like if you are town you should try to commit to getting a bit more invested here? this is more reach outty than it should be. i'll close this off by saying that im going to come get you D3 if you dont kill me so make sure im dead by N2 thanks.

the worst:
this is the last read im writing and im almost out of steam oh no.
hopefully nobody is still reading at this point and just reads the tl;dr.

the worst was someone i was townleaning for a little bit and then suddenly something clicked and now absolutely nothing theyre saying is ringing genuine to me this game. pooky can feel free to take credit and claim that hes the best bear, especially if hes right that its just the duck/unwnd.

i think whats really missing is just this sense that the worst is trying to get shit done. his posting is just completely aimless in this game. like its a discussion thread rather than a mafia thread. i should feel like he wants to actually push LLD because he thinks shes scum but instead i feel like the read there is just that hes mad at her.
reading through the whole ISO, you arent going to hit a point where it feels like "oh yeah the duck is taking over this game and trying to drive things to try to win" and i strongly think thats because hes mafia and is just producing a lot of content rather than substantive scumhunting with an underlying genuine thought process.

tl;dr:
dannflor, pooky
dwlee, gamma
house, megazu, murdercat
kazyan, lld, unwnd
navi, duck

i really think the worst should flip here.
i generally just feel like theres one scum in the pile of LLD/the worst. if hes town then he should understand that he gets what he should want here, which is probably an LLD push on D2. (which like, again, why is he not pushing his strongest scumread and instead off on a fucking fantasy adventure voting someone who isnt even here when theres no support for it and a day until deadline)
if hes mafia then unwnd goes under the microscope.

hbd pooky im giving you the present of supporting your reads this game.
trash
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:44 am

Post by the worst »

pooky go back to sleep

jk

you're like, incorrect on me. I think you're incorrect on unwnd but we may need to agree to disagree. why do you townread MCat? / where else would you go?

pedit: god ilu
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:45 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1834, Gorkington wrote:which like, again, why is he not pushing his strongest scumread and instead off on a fucking fantasy adventure voting someone who isnt even here when theres no support for it and a day until deadline
I mean y'all aren't considering LLD
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:45 am

Post by the worst »

I also think there's decent equity in that {megazu lld} interaction so I'm v v keen to flip LLD but also aware I have subzero clout here
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:47 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1836, the worst wrote:I mean y'all aren't considering LLD
you really think murdercat is a more viable wagon than LLD right now
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:48 am

Post by Gorkington »

like why are you not trying to drive an LLD wagon
why are you not trying to push it
why are you not poking people as to why they arent voting her

theres no drive to what youre doing at all.
trash
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:48 am

Post by the worst »

like voting my biggest scumread is absurd when it has no support and also its LLD. I tried for a fairly long time.

pedit: o boy are you telling me I can cw LLD?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:49 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1839, Gorkington wrote:like why are you not trying to drive an LLD wagon
why are you not trying to push it
why are you not poking people as to why they arent voting her

theres no drive to what youre doing at all.
don't think ur reading what I'm posting when I'm here pal
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:52 am

Post by Gorkington »

the same questions apply for murdercat if you somehow think you can get votes there when his wagon is literally smaller and more people are townreading him than LLD??

p-edit: ya im just not reading its not that youre not actually trying to drive a wagon.
you really think i should be reading your ISO and think "dang the worst is like really trying to figure out what people think of LLD to try to get them to change their mind"
trash
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:53 am

Post by the worst »

Every time someone's here at the same time as me I'm trying to work out where they're @ and particularly where they're at on LLD. are you open to voting LLD?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:55 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1834, Gorkington wrote:pooky: feels weird to have him in the upper echelons of this list but oh well! i woke up 10 minutes ago feeling some kind of moment of clarity about the fact that pooky feels like he doesnt have control in a way thats making him seem antsier in this game than in his scumgames when he felt like everything he did was calculated towards some kind of purpose
strong vibe btw

I generally agree with your reads and I think I need a couple of drinks to deliberate over something
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:57 am

Post by Gorkington »

bleh okay fine i probably was going too hard off of vibes on read-along rather than having actually done an ISOdive in saying that.
as repentance for my sins and for the fact that i spent that long on a self indulgent post like that instead of ISOing who im casing i will make an effort to reread your ISO.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:59 am

Post by Gorkington »

i want to feel confident going into night and actually reading and thinking about things is going to make that harder fuck my life!!!!

can you walk me through why you like unwnd's interactions with you here?
like.
why is his read trajectory on you reading as genuine?
trash
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:00 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1835, the worst wrote:why do you townread MCat?
i don't think he says he's going to site-retire cuz he's tired of getting run up on d1 if he's scum
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:01 am

Post by the worst »

look I still think there's enough time to remedy this. I'm going to take whichever of LLD and mcat I can get in the end of the day bc guess what? I'm town, I'm enjoying this game and I want to survive, and I don't think either of them are remotely towny. If I can get LLD I'll fuckin take it because I think a lot of people are throwing her into some weird null/town pool that kind of exempts her from being wagoned and I just don't get it. Like. Maybe I'm being dramatic and her push on Dwlee was just a botched attempt at a standard push? Maybe her reads aren't as phoney as I think they are? but like I just think she's kinda openwolfing and she has really niche associatives which just make me want that flip. I don't think she expects not to get out of this, so if I'm right that she's scum I think getting that flip over the line is a goldmine.

But my attempts to engage with people lately? unwnd has been I'd say successful, except that their vote landed on MCat who isn't my preferred lim. Gamma is talking to me like I'm already a nonfacotr in the game. Pooky is just yelling about my death. I can he around as much as I can and implore people to vote for the person I think is clearly scum, but that's only gonna work if people will listen to me and agree.

If we can take LLD down this phase I think that's ace as. If not, MCat is literally a fine elim. He isn't towny and when he's here it feels like his posts have been edited by a pressure cleaner. He's just praying to get through the phase lol.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:02 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1847, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1835, the worst wrote:why do you townread MCat?
i don't think he says he's going to site-retire cuz he's tired of getting run up on d1 if he's scum
How about LLD then, wanna join me on my crusade?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”