Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by House »

In post 921, Morning Tweet wrote:What do you think about worst's posting last page
It is what it is.

I have zero faith in my reads and don't take my own impressions seriously (that's why my response to ducky didn't include a vote).

I'm just going to sheep.

I'm the last person in this player list that needs to be weighing in on the elimination.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Okay, but who are you going to sheep
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:20 pm

Post by House »

Whoever gets in hammer range, I'd imagine.

I'm tired & in pain. Be back tomorrow afternoon.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Rest well!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by the worst »

it's kind of the MT+bingle show atp, i think. if we swing the vote onto non-8ball scum today, we can afford a miselim in 5p even if it's on the 8-ball. i'll probably sheep y'all onto whoever, if that means i'm eating dust tomorrow, i'm not gonna lose much sleep over that. also i can't promise i'll win f3? but it's been ages since i lived that long so if i do get to f3 again i pinkie promise i'll post up an absolute storm and make the other 2 players hate me
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I want to throw out SS both because I think he is scum and also not the 8-ball

IN SPITE of Mom not pushing Wisdom (obviously)

If SS is both town and also 8-ball i would probably explode because who tf would give him the 8-ball other than meeeee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I wish Wisdom were here to explain to me why worst is locktown
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

(or even better yet, proclaim worst is locktown and say nothing else, but just have a mysterious air about it, that kind you can't help but believe)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 931, Morning Tweet wrote:I wish Wisdom were here to explain to me why worst is locktown
Why would scum be pushing Alisae out of the gate on D2?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

What are you getting at exactly?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by the worst »

ok so like i kinda felt strange about wisdom locktowning me because i would have expected him to be wary that my style has probably changed in ~2 years but i'm not sure if he's ever misread me. lmfao.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by the worst »

sorry, that one is more fun post-game than right now. i'll focus.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:18 am

Post by imaginality »

Sooo many posts. Which is good! I'll try to be concise here... I'm going to make a follow on post in the next half hour or so, but for starters, these are some things I saw and wanted to comment on.
In post 858, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 856, Morning Tweet wrote:Do you value scum not being able to try and WIFOM you over helping us not lose Xylo?
Yes.
Also it's probably not xylo.
Helping us elim scum and ideally avoid hitting the 8-ball seems like a better way to deny scum the chance to WIFOM you than not sharing your reads. One fewer scum means half the amount of sneakiness to sift through tomorrow.
In post 893, the worst wrote: i'm looking at {imaginality, ss, house} for a solve and i weakly lean away from this being ali's scumgame as well.
Me going after Ali late D1 makes me-house a pretty unlikely pairing, would you agree? In which case, Something_Smart appears in both your possible pairings so I'm curious why you're voting me over him?
In post 924, the worst wrote:i wouldn't say "joke" is quite right. that's more in line with my d1 reads.
i realised i wasn't actually confident on bingle
a few days ago
, realised you were probably town yesterday but it felt more intuitive to commit to the bit until i could actually post a bit, and see how things shook out. did the ISOs properly earlier today.
In post 785, the worst wrote:i don't really need to engage with scum lol
VOTE: bingle
You voted Bingle, in 8-ball-lo no less, just 36 hours ago, yet you weren't actually confident on him since 'a few days ago'?

In post 930, Morning Tweet wrote:I want to throw out SS both because I think he is scum and also not the 8-ball

IN SPITE of Mom not pushing Wisdom (obviously)

If SS is both town and also 8-ball i would probably explode because who tf would give him the 8-ball other than meeeee
'Throw out' = eliminate? or = present as a possibility?
In post 933, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 931, Morning Tweet wrote:I wish Wisdom were here to explain to me why worst is locktown
Why would scum be pushing Alisae out of the gate on D2?
Anything scum do at start of day can have all sorts of justifications. And the worst seems pretty free and easy with throwing his vote around.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:21 am

Post by the worst »

In post 937, imaginality wrote:You voted Bingle, in 8-ball-lo no less, just 36 hours ago, yet you weren't actually confident on him since 'a few days ago'?
yuh huh!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:22 am

Post by the worst »

god forbid I throw my vote around when the only other vote in play is levied at me. what's your point here?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:25 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 892, the worst wrote:i kind of feel like imaginality is posting from a position of watching bingle and i interact as tvt and it's givin me goosebumps. look i know when i look bad and don't really deserve to be buddied and he's both-siding bingle and i in a way that i think is kind of counter-intuitive because bingle is bleeding town atm.
I have been watching you and Bingle interact this game. It's not as tvt though. I've felt like Bingle has been using you as a convenient target to tunnel a bit on (since #414 or so), while not actually really driving too hard to get you elimmed, and I've been trying to figure out whether it's SvS distancing or if he's setting you up for a mislim.

I'm still not sure, but right now I lean towards the idea you're partners. And that you started out today voting Bingle early because you expected him to get elimmed for the hammer vote and wanted some good bussing cred. And so you've since switched when you found that people (except for me) didn't leap on him as expected.

This also explains the post I quoted previously where you claimed you changed your read on Bingle a few days ago while voting him 36 hours ago; you couldn't recall when you changed your read because you never needed to read him.

---

Am I wrong about Bingle? I know others have been calling him town, and that does make me start to question myself. But my reasons are grounded more in wagon analysis than gut. I think of anyone on the Wisdom wagon he still stands out as the least genuine. So from that starting point: if I'm wrong about the worst and Bingle being the team, the other possibilities I see are Bingle and Something_Smart, or the worst and Something_Smart.

The latter pairing, though, that would imply scum have let town drive basically everything that's happened this game. And managed to stay off the 8-ball wagon completely (aside from the worst being on it then off it again).
Five town on the Wisdom wagon seems like too much luck for scum to have?

Bingle + SS seems a bit more possible. SS's posts seem a bit confusing/confused at times here, maybe talking for the sake of talking at times? And I do feel like MT has a point that the 'not giving reads but we're unlikely to hit 8-ball' combo is a bit eh. I don't think there are interactions between them that disqualify this from being a possible pairing.

But I think the worst's 'a few days' thing I caught earlier is worse than anything SS has done, which makes the worst look individually worse than SS to me. Which means for me it's Bingle + the worst as the most likely pairing.

Though I do agree SS is probably the least likely of those three to be the 8-ball.

---

If I'm like,
drastically
wrong, and Bingle isn't the scum on the Wisdom wagon, it's probably more likely Ali/House. I think that because MT has defended Bingle hard, but I think more than a scumbuddy would risk? And I think MT's posting has been generally town throughout.

House expressed willingness to hammer Bingle D2 (#695) without having to be put to the test, which is convenient in the Bingle-House scenario. But House's posts today, while they've been incredibly frustrating to read, I don't think are likely to come from scum (faking being demoralised town seems like an unnecessary risk when he was already getting townread), and as previously mentioned I've liked his posts yesterday.
In post 895, the worst wrote:Bugle can be scum only really in a world where he felt like he could get away with abandoning a stronger scumread on me to drive thru an elim on town 8ball wisdom and then during the night phase just went "hot damn I'm good, I can get away with anything, let's 8ball worstie and I'll just drill the duck into the ground tomorrow" and then he just.... Came and did that at the expense of trying to improve his optics (his solve is half baked after he pivoted to wisdom for no real reason d2) or anything at all and, like

Bingle has big energy don't get me wrong
I don't think he's channelling ENOUGH energy to be that guy in this game
Another world where Bingle going hard after you makes sense is one where you're both scum and decided some bussing cred either way will get you nicely through the rest of the game.

In post 896, the worst wrote:Friendly reminder that I kinda just vibed and lurked while Bingle pushed me so I'm hard pressed to think he thinks it looks good. If the mood is that Bungle vs. duck is the main event and that you don't really buy my read (or just can't believe I'm scum), please consider one simple truth:

- Scum are playing hard in this game, and will be gambling on winning through this 1v1.
- if you think one of bungle and I are scum, find our partner, or face that there's a decent chance of hitting the town 8-ball in us and losing.

if you think I'm scum with Bingle, I guess this probably just looks like some classic worst scumfuckery trying to sneak in a wagon on a third party 8-ball so call my bluff, I guess. whatever you do you.
This also seems like you and Bingle trying to set up a 1v1 to get whoever survives it seen as conf-town.

MT wrote: Granted, from town!worst's PoV, maybe Bingle is a good candidate for scum. He's also a fabulous candidate for town 8-ball. I suppose I'm not super hot on Bingle being scum as of right now. It does more or less read as Bingle screaming at a brick wall while duck reclines on the beach with a little umbrella drink in hand, totally unphased
Easier for scum to be unfazed if it's their buddy pressuring them.

---
P-edit:
In post 939, the worst wrote:god forbid I throw my vote around when the only other vote in play is levied at me. what's your point here?
My point is, I don't see how both of these can be true:

1. you call Bingle clearly scum as you vote him 36 hours ago
In post 785, the worst wrote:i don't really need to engage with scum lol
VOTE: bingle
In post 786, the worst wrote:i'd contest that bingle is like, very clearly driving an agenda-driven lim. i had a busy week and spent my time finding scum, rather than answering questions which didn't interest me much. not sorry.
2. you lack confidence in your Bingle scum read 'a few days ago'
In post 924, the worst wrote:i wouldn't say "joke" is quite right. that's more in line with my d1 reads. i realised i wasn't actually confident on bingle a few days ago, realised you were probably town yesterday but it felt more intuitive to commit to the bit until i could actually post a bit, and see how things shook out. did the ISOs properly earlier today.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:37 am

Post by the worst »

I have already commented that I anticipate some folks will see Bingle/me as s/s and given you're largely PoE'd I'm not surprised that's the position you've taken.

Hmm maybe it was just yesterday I realised I didn't really think Bingle was scum anymore. Felt like longer, long week.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:32 am

In post 937, imaginality wrote:Helping us elim scum and ideally avoid hitting the 8-ball seems like a better way to deny scum the chance to WIFOM you than not sharing your reads.
I mean, in theory I can do both. If that turns out to not be true, well I'll decide which is more important, but I have to imagine it's the former.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I seriously doubt it's worstie/Bingle since they're forcing themselves to bus each other today or have to do random gymnastics to retract their reads of each other. In worst's case it's the latter and in Bingle's I don't think he is letting up.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 941, the worst wrote:I have already commented that I anticipate some folks will see Bingle/me as s/s and given you're largely PoE'd I'm not surprised that's the position you've taken.

Hmm maybe it was just yesterday I realised I didn't really think Bingle was scum anymore. Felt like longer, long week.
Why did you vote Bingle then lol
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 937, imaginality wrote:'Throw out' = eliminate? or = present as a possibility?
Eliminate

Although throw out as a possibility works fine too.

I think SS works as a partner for you, worstie, and really anyone but I'm guessing one of you two

I don't think he's the 8-ball since only I have brought up eliminating him as far as I have seen (fingers crossed), so worst case we get another chance
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 940, imaginality wrote:Am I wrong about Bingle? I know others have been calling him town, and that does make me start to question myself. But my reasons are grounded more in wagon analysis than gut. I think of anyone on the Wisdom wagon he still stands out as the least genuine. So from that starting point: if I'm wrong about the worst and Bingle being the team, the other possibilities I see are Bingle and Something_Smart, or the worst and Something_Smart.

The latter pairing, though, that would imply scum have let town drive basically everything that's happened this game. And managed to stay off the 8-ball wagon completely (aside from the worst being on it then off it again).
Five town on the Wisdom wagon seems like too much luck for scum to have?
Not true! Scum got to decide who the 8-ball is, after all. They knew you, Alisae, and Taly would be pushing it.

Also! Worst did help the Wisdom wagon. He just switched before day ended.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

If we eliminate inside worst/Bingle we have to be very sure because it seems to me we'll be running the risk of hitting the town 8-ball.

House/Ali is town (see my earlier posts on that) -- and if you're unconvinced uhhhhhh ill probably investigate more

and I'm town

That leavesssssss SS
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:51 am

In post 947, Morning Tweet wrote:If we eliminate inside worst/Bingle we have to be very sure because it seems to me we'll be running the risk of hitting the town 8-ball.

House/Ali is town (see my earlier posts on that) -- and if you're unconvinced uhhhhhh ill probably investigate more

and I'm town

That leavesssssss SS
You're missing somebody...
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”