Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:49 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1018, Morning Tweet wrote:can the town in worst/ss/imagine please stand up
GTH I think it's smart atm, because the narrative duck and imagine are setting up of a duck/Bingle team looks a lot like trying to get me eliminated after duck flips.

I'm much stronger on the duck read than the imagine one and I'm not wholly convinced House isn't scumcoasting after seeing a distinct lack of blowback for tunneling, although I agree that that's probably just a paranoia read.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Bingle »

Bingle
Tweet

House

Smart
Imagine

Duck

is roughly where I sit.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:56 am

Post by House »

In post 1012, Bingle wrote:Most of my food-animals are vegetarian, does that count? I mean... I'm assuming. I don't actually know if I eat more cow or pig for sure, but I feel pretty safe in the assumption that cow+chicken+deer > pig, and that is the bulk of my animal diet.
If you haven't already, you gotta try some bison steak.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1023, Bingle wrote:His reads list was scummiest at the top with percentages, but I can see the confusion there.
The post we're talking about was before he posted that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1024, Bingle wrote:scum gets to later fall back on this exact argument if they flip Wis.
But they aren't doing that. I would take it a lot less seriously if I weren't the first person to bring it up.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:06 am

Post by House »

Making Taly the nk was dumb.

If I was scum, I'd have kept Taly alive as 8-ball, started the day pushing Bingle, then randomly noted that Taly was the reason the lim swung off the d2 target onto the 8-ball.

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1025, Bingle wrote:
In post 1018, Morning Tweet wrote:can the town in worst/ss/imagine please stand up
GTH I think it's smart atm, because the narrative duck and imagine are setting up of a duck/Bingle team looks a lot like trying to get me eliminated after duck flips.

I'm much stronger on the duck read than the imagine one and I'm not wholly convinced House isn't scumcoasting after seeing a distinct lack of blowback for tunneling, although I agree that that's probably just a paranoia read.
I don't think it's likely people were going to entertain worst/Bingle team
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1030, House wrote:Making Taly the nk was dumb.

If I was scum, I'd have kept Taly alive as 8-ball, started the day pushing Bingle, then randomly noted that Taly was the reason the lim swung off the d2 target onto the 8-ball.
Taly was obvtown read by quite possibly everyone other player in the game

But your slip that Taly was not only not nightkilled but also the scummiest player in the game somehow I find very believable

Hats off if you're faking this though lmfao
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

i do kind of think Ducks' plan #1 was to win game today with Bingle push. I was really lost night but I did still suspect Bingle, and considering I started the vote on bingle yesterday, and considering Bingle commited such a scummy hammer, well..

Imagine also started the day asking others if they found Bingle's EoD sus. Of course he didn't vote Bingle like worst did, but still it was an easy wagon if I decided on Bingle.

It sucks because worstie's 180 out of nowhere is a good reeval if he's town but also doesn't come off as especially believable or hard to fake
In post 984, the worst wrote:Regardless the order was "ah dang bungle is town" and then "oh OK mt is town"
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:01 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1008, Morning Tweet wrote: Interesting, i wasn't under the impression you were in danger D2. What made you feel that way? (I promise I'm asking for a reason)
Because I'd been in that three way of me/Ali/Wisdom D1 and I figured scum might likely look at that and see me as a good mislim candidate D2. Particularly if Ali or Wis were scum.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by the worst »

*stands up*
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by the worst »

I mean my 180 is literally real brain thoughts. but I can see why you're concerned, I'm a scary ducky.

counterpoint tho if I was planning to win today with a bingle push would I like.. not have pushed Bingle....
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1028, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1023, Bingle wrote:His reads list was scummiest at the top with percentages, but I can see the confusion there.
The post we're talking about was before he posted that.
Sure, by 2 posts. But given that his reads list was inverted and his original post was "despite SS being lower... ...he might be the better choice" implying that the outside influences swayed him from a stronger scumread to a weaker one, I think it's pretty safe to say that my interpretation is in fact the correct one. I'm not denying that your reading of the post was reasonable in hindsight though.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1025, Bingle wrote:
Tbf if I wanted to establish a team of u/me to get ur elim, I would have gone about it completely differently. I think imagi is the only one who sees it and like no offence but he's either clowning or his third eye is clearly infected. It's the goofiest thing itt and no one is buying any part of it.

I kinda get that you think this has been the weakest scum play ever but this isn't actually a thing

Imagi is scum probably with ss. he's more likely doubling down on us being the scumteam to murky the waters of associatives with ss/house and even that isn't something I think is really successful. he is v much on his own in thinking a worst/bingle team is believable :P

anyway strat of going for non 8ball flip today probably wins the game. if we hit red today (ideally imagi) and can get away with an 8ball miselim in f5 I have zero issues being dunked on so that we can also kill ss and win in f3.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1032, Morning Tweet wrote:Taly was obvtown read by quite possibly everyone other player in the game
Not me, but I also wasn't really advertising that.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1027, House wrote:If you haven't already, you gotta try some bison steak.
I have. Bison also makes really good burger.

My food strategy is largely "I'll try anything twice," on the presumption that if it tasted bad because of preparation I have a chance of catching it by finding a different person to prepare it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by the worst »

now i'm kind of wondering if we were all secretly a little suss of taly and the scumteam just didn't clock that LOL
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by House »

In post 1040, Bingle wrote:
In post 1027, House wrote:If you haven't already, you gotta try some bison steak.
I have. Bison also makes really good burger.

My food strategy is largely "I'll try anything twice," on the presumption that if it tasted bad because of preparation I have a chance of catching it by finding a different person to prepare it.
Goat that's been roasted over a spit is also quite tasty.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1038, the worst wrote:Snip
It's not so much that I think you're expecting the play to work but that I think you're mostly backed into a corner and didn't have a lot of options other than keep me on the table. If indeed there are 2 scum in you/SS/imagine and I'm the 8ball you frankly don't have a lot of avenues to victory.

I'm also not really trusting your "I'll lay down and die in 1v4 because town will win in 3way" because if you lay down and die in 1v4 I think it's pretty obvious that mt dies at night and we have a 3 way where we're not actually guaranteed to hit scum and I think you know that.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by the worst »

what's your alternative? :P
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1044, the worst wrote:what's your alternative? :P
I'm not sure what you're asking.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1043, Bingle wrote:I'm also not really trusting your "I'll lay down and die in 1v4 because town will win in 3way" because if you lay down and die in 1v4 I think it's pretty obvious that mt dies at night and we have a 3 way where we're not actually guaranteed to hit scum and I think you know that.
to this. my point is that you don't have to trust it. i know i'm town, and i think it's easier to solve this game without me as a distraction.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1041, the worst wrote:now i'm kind of wondering if we were all secretly a little suss of taly and the scumteam just didn't clock that LOL
i definitely would have killed Taly so oopds

Open question: Who is least likely 8-ball in worsty/imagine/SS, who is least likely town etc etc even though im sure lots of people have decided already
In post 1036, the worst wrote:I mean my 180 is literally real brain thoughts. but I can see why you're concerned, I'm a scary ducky.

counterpoint tho if I was planning to win today with a bingle push would I like.. not have pushed Bingle....
What would you have done, in theory?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by House »

In post 1032, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1030, House wrote:Making Taly the nk was dumb.

Taly was obvtown read by quite possibly everyone other player in the game

But your slip that Taly was not only not nightkilled but also the scummiest player in the game somehow I find very believable

Hats off if you're faking this though lmfao
This post does not quite mesh with...
In post 1047, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1041, the worst wrote:now i'm kind of wondering if we were all secretly a little suss of taly and the scumteam just didn't clock that LOL
i definitely would have killed Taly so oopds

<snip>

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner