Mini Normal 2242 | Opossum Mafia | Game Over!

HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:58 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

redtea wrote:yeah get your votes off of three already
i might get on the fua wagon if we really did catch scum tripping but I'll wait for them to come back round first

pedit speak of the devil
k

VOTE: Save The Dragons
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:59 am

Post by fua »

But apparently a random vote on someone seven hours into the game with flimsy justification makes me obvscum, so do what you will with that.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:00 am

Post by House »

So... rereading cookie, and I have concerns.
In post 261, cool cookie wrote:I'm going to claim. I'm an Informed Townie. I know there is a Bulletproof Mafia Traitor in the game. I think the quotes below are Redtea signalling to the rest of the mafia that they are said traitor, partly given it was a really weird out-on-a-limb connection to make in the context of the discussion to that point, and partly because there are very few reasons to make such an effort to hint that you are mafia-aligned, other than being the mafia traitor.
In post 43, redtea wrote:(Translator's Note: gay means mafia-aligned)
In post 46, redtea wrote:im gay
VOTE: redtea

I could be wrong, but there's nothing really lost by me claiming anyway as that's my only power.

1) Why would the mod give info not only about the existence of a traitor, but the fact they're bulletproof? What town utility comes from outing the fact the traitor is bulletproof?

cookie could have left the bulletproof bit out of his claim and let mafia sweat hitting their traitor at night, or think they're traitor was being protected if they did shoot them.

Mentioning the bulletproof bit could have easily been a message from traitor!cookie to his team.
In post 305, cool cookie wrote:i got some reads but will see if i am alive tomorrow to share them
Why would town hold off on posting reads after leading a wagon on what they felt was a solid chance at flipping red, knowing that it's probably their only chance to do so if scum flips?
In post 321, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Vc coming, redtea is currently e-1
I don't think cookie was worried about dying at all overnight.

VOTE: cool cookie
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:03 am

Post by fua »

In post 602, House wrote:So... rereading cookie, and I have concerns.
In post 261, cool cookie wrote:I'm going to claim. I'm an Informed Townie. I know there is a Bulletproof Mafia Traitor in the game. I think the quotes below are Redtea signalling to the rest of the mafia that they are said traitor, partly given it was a really weird out-on-a-limb connection to make in the context of the discussion to that point, and partly because there are very few reasons to make such an effort to hint that you are mafia-aligned, other than being the mafia traitor.

I could be wrong, but there's nothing really lost by me claiming anyway as that's my only power.

1) Why would the mod give info not only about the existence of a traitor, but the fact they're bulletproof? What town utility comes from outing the fact the traitor is bulletproof?

cookie could have left the bulletproof bit out of his claim and let mafia sweat hitting their traitor at night, or think they're traitor was being protected if they did shoot them.

Mentioning the bulletproof bit could have easily been a message from traitor!cookie to his team.
In post 305, cool cookie wrote:i got some reads but will see if i am alive tomorrow to share them
Why would town hold off on posting reads after leading a wagon on what they felt was a solid chance at flipping red, knowing that it's probably their only chance to do so if scum flips?

So you think Cookie is a bulletproof traitor trying to signal to his team, and that redtea is one of the other two scum fakeclaiming to get the heat off of him since such a thing would align with his own role? I can’t imagine one being scum and not the other.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:05 am

Post by House »

In post 603, fua wrote:
In post 602, House wrote:So... rereading cookie, and I have concerns.

So you think Cookie is a bulletproof traitor trying to signal to his team, and that redtea is one of the other two scum fakeclaiming to get the heat off of him since such a thing would align with his own role? I can’t imagine one being scum and not the other.
It's possible, as Mafia typically don't know who the traitor is and vice versa, but I'm not as sold on red tea being scum anymore.

I've liked my interactions with him.

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:07 am

Post by fua »

Actually. @Three I’m seriously suspicious of you, but I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here if you’re willing to do the same with me. It’s in both of our best interests to work on a compromise for today— in case you are town, then scum is obviously going to look to keep our wagons as the main focuses so that the spotlight isn’t turned on them. Both of us
do
give out a lot of content that could be useful to find each other later, so why don’t we let each other keep talking and try to reach a conclusion on something else?

TL;DR: You trust me and take your vote off me, I’ll trust you and take my vote off you.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:09 am

Post by fua »

That makes sense. I’ll look over cookie’s ISO to see what I think.
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:15 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

what is "gated"?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:16 am

Post by House »

In post 607, HawaiianPizza wrote:what is "gated"?
Restricted.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:18 am

Post by House »

Specifically, a Complex Vig can only shoot PR's. Their shot will fall if they target a vanilla player (goon is considered vanilla scum).

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:18 am

Post by House »

In post 609, House wrote:
Specifically, a Complex Vig can only shoot PR's. Their shot will fail* if they target a vanilla player (goon is considered vanilla scum).
Fix't

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

STD I want you to convince me you're town so I can sheep you
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 585, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
Almost50 replaces Wake88
[/b]
Where he at though
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:22 am

Post by House »

In post 611, Dwlee99 wrote:STD I want you to convince me you're town so I can sheep you
What's your take on ?

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Wait I'm getting there
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I don't really buy it. The mention of bulletproof would only be a signal if scum knew that the traitor was bulletproof, and normally traitor roles aren't known unless the scum team was informed of something like that. In FIA WRC the scum killed their traitor (t3 lol) because they didn't know what he had there, and I think it's safe to assume that they wouldn't know that information here either
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:31 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 610, House wrote:
In post 609, House wrote:
Specifically, a Complex Vig can only shoot PR's. Their shot will fail* if they target a vanilla player (goon is considered vanilla scum).
Fix't
oh, i see

at first, i thought the traitor was just a bulletproof based on cookie's claim
then... about (second quote)
this means the traitor has an ability, which is restricted like that?

not quite sure on redtea's claim now.

unsure why this "informed townie" would be a role in the game, haven't seen anything like that before.
but i still buy the claim and feel like we're overthinking it.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:36 am

Post by fua »

In post 615, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't really buy it. The mention of bulletproof would only be a signal if scum knew that the traitor was bulletproof, and normally traitor roles aren't known unless the scum team was informed of something like that. In FIA WRC the scum killed their traitor (t3 lol) because they didn't know what he had there, and I think it's safe to assume that they wouldn't know that information here either
No, I don’t think the first part is necessary for scum to find their traitor? House is right that the reveal that there’s a bulletproof traitor doesn’t have that much town utility to begin with, since it means that mafia hitting their traitor allows them to figure out that the traitor is in their party in the first place, and lets them know not to push them as opposed to not knowing how their target survived giving way to uncertainty.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:37 am

Post by fua »

Informed townie actually isn’t that rare of a role here.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:38 am

Post by redtea »

In post 595, fua wrote:
In post 589, House wrote:
In post 586, HawaiianPizza wrote:don't tell him that was actually a pretty terrible take on osetr.
As it isn't true, I won't tell him that.
I feel like voting for someone on Day 1 because we won’t be able to rely on them at the end of the game
is
really flimsy reasoning, to be honest. I definitely agree that he deserved to be limmed if he wasn’t replaced because I don’t tolerate that behavior on this site, but that post from Three feels like he’s trying to justify his vote a little bit too much.
I mean that's just what policy limming is.
In post 598, fua wrote:My vote on Three is staying, sorry.
Do you have anything to say about your points against Three I refuted?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:38 am

Post by redtea »

In post 597, fua wrote:I kind of want to let Dwlee prove himself? Osetr’s posts aren’t alignment indicative in hindsight because 90% of his posts were just trolling.
I mean yeah no one's jumping on them
*Old account here
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 617, fua wrote:
In post 615, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't really buy it. The mention of bulletproof would only be a signal if scum knew that the traitor was bulletproof, and normally traitor roles aren't known unless the scum team was informed of something like that. In FIA WRC the scum killed their traitor (t3 lol) because they didn't know what he had there, and I think it's safe to assume that they wouldn't know that information here either
No, I don’t think the first part is necessary for scum to find their traitor? House is right that the reveal that there’s a bulletproof traitor doesn’t have that much town utility to begin with, since it means that mafia hitting their traitor allows them to figure out that the traitor is in their party in the first place, and lets them know not to push them as opposed to not knowing how their target survived giving way to uncertainty.
I thought House was saying that bulletproof was a nod to scum which I don't understand how
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:40 am

Post by fua »

In post 619, redtea wrote:
In post 595, fua wrote:
In post 589, House wrote:
In post 586, HawaiianPizza wrote:don't tell him that was actually a pretty terrible take on osetr.
As it isn't true, I won't tell him that.
I feel like voting for someone on Day 1 because we won’t be able to rely on them at the end of the game
is
really flimsy reasoning, to be honest. I definitely agree that he deserved to be limmed if he wasn’t replaced because I don’t tolerate that behavior on this site, but that post from Three feels like he’s trying to justify his vote a little bit too much.
I mean that's just what policy limming is.
In post 598, fua wrote:My vote on Three is staying, sorry.
Do you have anything to say about your points against Three I refuted?
I accept that I was wrong, but I still have my reservations regarding his status— although I’m not tunneled at all and am willing to turn my focus onto other people if he is as well. I know I’m town, so it’s up to him to move and I’ll follow suit.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:41 am

Post by fua »

In post 621, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 617, fua wrote:
I thought House was saying that bulletproof was a nod to scum which I don't understand how
My thought is that making the information that the traitor is bulletproof public helps mafia more than it helps town.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:43 am

Post by House »

No it wouldn't. All scum would have to know when reading cookie's post is that a traitor is in the game.

Cookie's "informed townie" claim was more helpful to scum than town if they DID NOT already know the traitor was bulletproof.

By offering up a miselim, cookie has a ready-made explanation for why he's not nk bait.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”