Mini Normal 2242 | Opossum Mafia | Game Over!

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:25 am

Post by fua »

Also, most of my list is just regurgitating other reads.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Cool Cookie

Best bet thus far. I could also do Three. I am left with George, Dwlee & HP as my nulls (in that order, if you will). The rest are "above null" currently

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 899, fua wrote:@Almost50 would you like me to post my reads list? It
may
contain a thing I think you wouldn't want scum to know (Hint, hint) as well as a "meta" read, as unreliable as those are.
If you think scum could benefit from it then don't.

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:30 am

Post by fua »

In post 902, Almost50 wrote:
In post 899, fua wrote:@Almost50 would you like me to post my reads list? It
may
contain a thing I think you wouldn't want scum to know (Hint, hint) as well as a "meta" read, as unreliable as those are.
If you think scum could benefit from it then don't.
Fair enough. Although it would help significantly narrow the PoE either way.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:42 am

Post by fua »

The question is just whether the benefit to town would outweigh the benefit to scum. But if you really are bulletproof, you should be fine?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:44 am

Post by fua »

Although all of this could be moot if scum already picked up on it.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:44 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 890, Almost50 wrote:
In post 797, Dwlee99 wrote:Who are you neighbors with?
Why do you want to know?
Neighbors are supposed to be random alignments but in practice there are ways to get in a mod's head and figure out what they are thinking wrt to balance. I normally think it's best to out hoods early
In post 895, Almost50 wrote:
In post 868, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm familiar with a50. I know he typically comes in posting a bunch. I gave him a kick and he delivered
I didn't even see your vote before I posted. I applied to replace in last night just before I went to sleep. I cam in today and found my Role PM along with access to hood added. I posted once in the hood and then came in here to catch up. I didn't need to confirm (I dunno about your modding style, but usually when someone applies to replace into a game I'm modding I just send them the Role PM and announce them at once)
You might be right. I think in my experience sending the pm and then confirming happen fast but I'd typically ask not to post until confirming
I prefer they, thanks :)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 904, fua wrote:The question is just whether the benefit to town would outweigh the benefit to scum. But if you really are bulletproof, you should be fine?
Use your best judgement then. I really am BP, yes.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 906, Dwlee99 wrote:Neighbors are supposed to be random alignments but in practice there are ways to get in a mod's head and figure out what they are thinking wrt to balance. I normally think it's best to out hoods early
I prefer to let my Neighbour decide for themselves. This one is very likely Town though, because they said [redacted] in the hood.

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:15 am

Post by fua »

@Dwlee was it really necessary to ask who his partner was as far as setup speculation goes?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:19 am

Post by fua »

If A50 doesn't mind, I'll post my reads as soon as Dwlee answers, since I think scum already gathered the information that I have anyways.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 910, fua wrote:If A50 doesn't mind, I'll post my reads as soon as Dwlee answers, since I think scum already gathered the information that I have anyways.
I don't mind. I doubt you have "what I think you're implying you do", but whether or not you're correct I am probably not going to confirm or deny it. :wink:

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 909, fua wrote:@Dwlee was it really necessary to ask who his partner was as far as setup speculation goes?
Yea
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:38 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 513, House wrote:
They seem to be assuming that fua knows that redtea is the traitor, when mafia is uninformed as to who the traitor is.
no, I think I was referring to the hypothetical, but reasonably likely world, where scum BELIEVES redtea is the traitor - in which event, I postulated it could be unlikely that scum would bend over backwards as much as fua did to save them.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:40 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 521, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 359, cool cookie wrote:real vig cant kill a bulletproof traitor
i don't think cool cookie knows a vig can't kill BP but doesn't know that traitors are unknown to mafia
in fact, i feel like i may have even explained that to somebody earlier
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:41 am

Post by fua »

Okay. Here's my thing right now. I feel like A50's post was actually pretty good as far as the actual list of people goes, all things considered. It contains a lot of things that I agree with as well as a few things that I can read deeper into to extrapolate some stuff (which I'll go into a bit of detail about here). I'll post my reads list with reasoning first.

Town:
Almost50 - TBA
T3 - TBA
redtea - Town until proven otherwise, whether it's a night shot or whatever we decide to do. He'll either be outed or confirmed depending on what happens there.
Zen - I think his post about people calling out their actions before D2 is actually very town-indicative? It could be different based on his other site's meta, but I feel like he's actively trying to solve the game here.

Townlean:
House - No reason to think otherwise. Solid progression behind his reads and looks from angles that other people hadn't considered yet. I feel comfortable with trusting him for now.
HawaiianPizza - I kind of like his posting? He could easily be moved into neutral if he continues playing on the passive end of things, but he's fine right now even if I don't really know his meta.

Neutral:
StD - Strikes me as really passive. Not sure how to follow up on this beyond prodding him for responses to certain lines of questioning in the future.
GeorgeBailey - I don't know his playstyle and I'm willing to give him some leeway here, I guess?

Scumlean:
Dwlee - Him trying to figure out who A50's partner is by asking directly who it is kind of sounds like rolefishing, especially since A50 claimed bulletproof? His 'kick' to A50 sounds kind of flimsy based on what A50 said as well (and how he just replaced in), but it's not enough for me to really fully scumread him. I don't think he should be limmed today unless we can't compromise, but still.
Three - I think that he has scummy behavior as far as his posting patterns go? He and Dwlee don't have much chance of being a team together at the very least, so if one of them is scum then the other is probably aligned with the town.

Scum:
Coolcookie - I see the points that House and A50 brought up against him and I'm inclined to agree here. It's weird that he conveniently 'forgot' to post certain tidbits of information when he directly claimed informed townie. Who claims informed townie without giving out everything they've been told? It's really off to me and I don't like it. He's probably either a mafia informed of traitor or the traitor himself.
Jacket - Just because he's unhelpful and doesn't explain things doesn't mean that I'm obligated to townread him.

-

Anyway, I think that A50 is neighbors with T3. He's got little progression on him and hasn't really posted any actual reads on his behavior like he did with the others on the top of his list, yet he puts him in the top town section anyways despite their lack of interaction. If I'm reading the room correctly, A50 isn't the biggest fan of giving away associates as scum (and thus is likely not scum here through his association with T3), but this feels like a slip that scum would pick up on and take advantage of so I'm bringing it to light. I feel like both T3 and A50 are locktown at the moment and definitely shouldn't be elimmed unless we have some sort of investigative role check them out down the line.

VOTE: Coolcookie

Not a fan of their content, for reasons I stated earlier. If they are scum then redtea is also locktown for me.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:42 am

Post by fua »

Ack. Sorry for mixing up the pronouns, Cookie. I'll try to keep them in mind in the future, I just forgot in the moment.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:44 am

Post by fua »

The case for Three being scum based only on his start of the game seems pretty flimsy if there's no evidence past that beyond meta knowledge, so if there's nothing after then I don't think he should be today's lim.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:46 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 915, fua wrote:Dwlee - [Them] trying to figure out who A50's partner is by asking directly who it is kind of sounds like rolefishing, especially since A50 claimed bulletproof? [Their] 'kick' to A50 sounds kind of flimsy based on what A50 said as well (and how he just replaced in), but it's not enough for me to really fully scumread [them]. I don't think [they] should be limmed today unless we can't compromise, but still.
Asking about neighbors isn't role fishing...

But yea I like to give inactive slots a kick by voting them, a50 started thread spewing and even if it wasn't directly in reaction to my vote sometimes getting votes does get people to start giving out content
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:46 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 511, House wrote:
In post 490, cool cookie wrote:it's exactly the sort of claim which might get them out of trouble
That's a really short-term strategy. If redtea is fakeclaiming, no 2nd kill on a scum lim outs them, and vig is explicitly a town only role.

Not what I'd associate with a scum agenda.
true, although it prolongs redtea's life for at least another day, and there's enough confusion at the moment that I wouldn't be shocked if it achieves even more. in a hypothetical world where redtea-traitor outted in such a public and transparent way, I can believe the player might also plump for that as their survival strategy - there are plenty of worse things to have done. although looks like I'm in a minority of 1 on that view.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 908, Almost50 wrote:
In post 906, Dwlee99 wrote:Neighbors are supposed to be random alignments but in practice there are ways to get in a mod's head and figure out what they are thinking wrt to balance. I normally think it's best to out hoods early
I prefer to let my Neighbour decide for themselves. This one is very likely Town though, because they said [redacted] in the hood.
If you have good reason to think it's an all town hood fair enough but I also am not sure if I should trust what you think is a good reason
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:48 am

Post by fua »

In post 918, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 915, fua wrote:Dwlee - [Them] trying to figure out who A50's partner is by asking directly who it is kind of sounds like rolefishing, especially since A50 claimed bulletproof? [Their] 'kick' to A50 sounds kind of flimsy based on what A50 said as well (and how he just replaced in), but it's not enough for me to really fully scumread [them]. I don't think [they] should be limmed today unless we can't compromise, but still.
But yea I like to give inactive slots a kick by voting them, a50 started thread spewing and even if it wasn't directly in reaction to my vote sometimes getting votes does get people to start giving out content
You literally gave him a kick for being inactive five hours after he replaced in.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Because if he replaced in you'd think he would be around
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Time zones and what not but it was 5pm my time when he replaced in so
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:50 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 580, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
Searching for a replacement for Wake88
In post 585, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
Almost50 replaces Wake88

Vote Count 1.05
TheZenMan (0):

Wake88 (0):

House (0):

Save The Dragons (0):

Three (4):
GeorgeBailey, Dwlee99, fua, House
T3 (0):

GeorgeBailey (0):

fua (4):
Jacket, Three, T3, Save The Dragons
Jacket (0):

Dwlee99 (2):
redtea, HawaiianPizza
cool cookie (0):

redtea (1):
cool cookie
HawaiianPizza (0):

Not Voting (2):
TheZenMan, Wake88

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate. Day 1 ends when an elimination is decided or in (expired on 2021-10-08 09:00:00).

Announcements
Almost50 replaces Wake88!
TheZenMan has been prodded.
GeorgeBailey has been prodded.
fua will be prodded if they have not posted by (expired on 2021-10-03 22:44:00).

PossumsImage
Between these two posts a50 confirmed with the mod they were replacing in

It's a reasonable assumption to think they'd be around

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”