Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1143, Gamma Emerald wrote:Trust these people until the end of time: Taly, Infinity, Skitter, Ydrasse
Good folks to keep around: Gypyx, Galron, Sircakez, Pooky
Could do with a touching-up: Saber, Toogeloo, Dwlee
Remove them from the premises: Cephrir, Dunnstral, Ulyana, Petapan

Since I’m not long for this world I may as well leave this as a parting gift.
I think this serves as an express declaration that yes, I have turned my thoughts around on the Gypyx slot somewhat. I also had pings early from Ydrasse but expressly turned that around at a markedly earlier point.
Also, I may not have shown it much in my posting but I was genuinely lost for a time, it just seemed vastly unproductive to make a comment about it rather than working to fix the underlying issues. I am certain I’d have people barking about how I’ve been making a scene about my lack of direction and I’m scum for it if I’d actually been more clear about how lost I’d been when I was struggling with that. So excuse me if I find your viewpoint rather uncharitable.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That was @ Cephrir
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 1064, Saber wrote:
In post 1060, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1045, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1043, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1037, Ydrasse wrote:Tbf shiki was coming from an informed perspective with something to latch onto + more content (the callers)
I've asserted that was what helped me not flounder in that game
why is it valid for ulyana and not for me?
because ulyana did not out some very not-good takes
that's exactly the problem

she has barely any actual takes this game at all
In post 1047, Saber wrote:
In post 1040, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1035, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1026, Gamma Emerald wrote:Image
VOTE: ulyana
I feel like she's dispassionate and disconnected from the game in a way that she wasn't in radio buzz as rousseau, but somewhat reminds me of what I remember tracy flick being like in student council
Without looking at meta I disagree with this read
then you're probably evil too because I think what I'm seeing should be plainly obvious if you even glance at ulyana's ISO or just pay attention to what she says as you read up
and this is a different brand of obviousness than what I was throwing around before, that's was like a bright flame to me, this is like a strong current of a river
Probably evil
seems strong for someone simply disagreeing with a read of yours. Are any of Infinity, skitter, of Ydrasse probably evil for disagreeing?
no, those are just about locked in, and I don't like you trying to steer suspicion towards the reads I feel the best about rn
tbh it sucks that the people I trust most seem to be the ones that want me dead the most, because the only hope I have is they have mercy in their hearts and don't forsake me
Are you playing dumb? It should be clear that I'm not steering suspicion towards those 3, and am instead questioning your own thoughts?
It seemed to me that Gamma was saying that those 3 were townreads before he got to the dunnstral read, which answers your question.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 501, Dwlee99 wrote:Infinity is scummy, skitter's post is less scummy, but if infinity is scum it reads like a way to distance without actually pushing. Also the gamma vote. Gamma probably is town
In post 1132, Infinity 324 wrote:i think gamma is town
I'm not sure if these are connected, but they jumped out at me. Developing thoughts.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The main reason I haven’t hammered yet is because it feels like doing so is essentially forsaking the trust of everyone who has faith in me, especially my dear friend Infinity.
<Embrace The Void>

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 488, skitter30 wrote:heya, i've skimmed the past 20 pages.

i think until/unless we have good reason to believe the chair is anything but a flip, we should just treat it as such.

gamma's tilt itself i don't really find scummy and can see coming from either alignment from him. but i don't like that his thought process doesn't really seem to match his actions, there were a few different instance of him calling people scummy but choosing someone else to vote (like choosing to vote pooky over pooky's solve that he agreed with, etc). also he was a shining beacon of towniness in radio buzz and i'm kinda wondering where that's gone and what's different here.

i also find infinity and dwlee suspicious. infinity feels weirdly stilted and kinda floating on the edge of things in a way that's reminiscent of her scumgame, and i think that if gamma is scum infinity is a viable partner.
dwlee is leaning too hard on the 'i have no idea what's going on here' bit.
(also ydra feels kinda off but i'd feel a little bad poking there too much atm so uh just gonna wait and see if her wim comes back soon-ish as it isn't a Critical part of the game just yet).

ulyana it's always so Exciting to find another incarnation of shiki in a game :) i think ur thought process r.e. what the chair is and prism is v townie for you

pooky is maybe town?
i don't really have thoughts on anybody else yet

VOTE: gamma
In post 496, skitter30 wrote:
In post 492, Dwlee99 wrote:Skitter + infinity team? Maybe?
In post 493, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: infinity
go on
In post 499, skitter30 wrote:infinity what do u think abt my read on u?

also is the site being randomly slow to load for anybody else?
In post 528, skitter30 wrote:
In post 522, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 519, skitter30 wrote:that was for dwlee ^

and infinity, ig i'm used to town-you strongly pushing back when i call u scum (esp. if you think i ought to be townreading you), but here you're just kinda accepting the read and not really having any sort of reaction
the other thing is that i don't think i've been super towny this game. i don't think i'm trying to look town but that's a hard thing to identify in other players
you feel kinda scummy to me tbh :(
This seems to be a Mexican standoff kind of thing, except skitter's right, Infinity isn't pushing back but defending herself. There's an accusation of a Dwlee/Infinity team and of a Skitter/Infinity team. But it's lacking an accusation of a Dwlee/Skitter team. Infinity didn't go there.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 625, skitter30 wrote:the issue that i'm having here is that i'm used to town-infinity having more 'oomph' and 'being here' more than she has been, esp. in response to my saying i scumread her. usually if town-her feels i'm reading her wrong (which has happened multiple times in the past), she kicks into gear, starts pushing me, and has a visceral sort of response. here she's kinda just passively accepting it and not really doing anything abt it, which i think is a reaction much more likely to come from scum-her.

like the fact that she's 'just kinda there' is what i'm finding scummy here.
You've got Infinity, Peta and me in the 'just kinda there' category. I don't disagree that I've been pretty inactive, but other than pushback from Infinity, what do you expect from Peta and from me?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 703, skitter30 wrote:I forgot to say this earlier - while infinity and dwlee are both independantly scummy i dont think they make ssense together
I missed this, and reading back skitter never explicity stated that they were a team; I just inferred that.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 99, ulyana wrote:
In post 97, Prism wrote:Can you, yourself, review the timeline of my suggestion and why I chose not to react to Pooky's?

Bonus if you can guess where the word acquitted originated in my mind
it wasn't the not responding to pooky as much as not having a similar thought yourself as it seems more likely, and would potentially lead to you actually wanting to be chosen,

like how did you decide that you being acquitted might be more likely than you simply being eliminated?

i assumed acquitted came from 'trial'
If it's a trial, maybe an acquittal reaps benefits for the team the defendant is a member of.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 1181, Galron wrote:
In post 625, skitter30 wrote:the issue that i'm having here is that i'm used to town-infinity having more 'oomph' and 'being here' more than she has been, esp. in response to my saying i scumread her. usually if town-her feels i'm reading her wrong (which has happened multiple times in the past), she kicks into gear, starts pushing me, and has a visceral sort of response. here she's kinda just passively accepting it and not really doing anything abt it, which i think is a reaction much more likely to come from scum-her.

like the fact that she's 'just kinda there' is what i'm finding scummy here.
You've got Infinity, Peta and me in the 'just kinda there' category. I don't disagree that I've been pretty inactive, but other than pushback from Infinity, what do you expect from Peta and from me?
In fact, I don't see Peta in that category.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 703, skitter30 wrote:
In post 672, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 667, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Gamma if you become King who would you execute in the PL right now
Cephrir
Prism I can see just being history repeating itself where I'm clashing with someone being over-confident I'm scum,
Cephrir meanwhile has taken steps beyond what should ever be considered good-faith attempts to get me eliminate
d.
No offense but i feel like ur kinda just making stuff up to see uf u can get one of these votes to stick

~
I forgot to say this earlier - while infinity and dwlee are both independantly scummy i dont think they make ssense together
Oh hey this is a thing
One second.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 619, Cephrir wrote:i think the more relevant thing is that gamma was mafia in this situation
This post was the main thing that made me read Cephrir’s push on me as overdone
There was valid points in the thing infinity brought up but the only takeaway Cephrir cared about was the one that made me look worse.
There’s probably other posts I can point to that weakly support this feeling but idc to hunt them down when I know the kicker is right here.
<Embrace The Void>

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 389, skitter30 wrote:
In post 384, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I mean skitter hasn't posted yet cuz she's VLA

wouldn't it be a funny prank if she logged in and found out she's on some cool metal chair

heheehe
that would indeed!
In post 385, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 384, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I mean skitter hasn't posted yet cuz she's VLA

wouldn't it be a funny prank if she logged in and found out she's on some cool metal chair

heheehe
I like this concept.
VOTE: Skitter30
why are you taking this seriously?
In post 392, skitter30 wrote::)

but ur post was p clearly in jest so i wanna know why gamma is acting on it
It's funny how people just ran with this. That gamma was taking it seriously.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 393, ulyana wrote:
In post 392, skitter30 wrote::)

but ur post was p clearly in jest so i wanna know why gamma is acting on it
i think gamma playing into jester 'vote me' thing

also hi!
In post 398, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 389, skitter30 wrote:why are you taking this seriously?
He scoffed at me for suggesting we eliminate some one with 1 post lol.
In post 400, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:its almost like he knows something we dont
It's like it snowballed, and this got Gamma more worked up. I don't see how Gamma voting skitter as a reaction to Pooky's joke is Gamma taking it seriously.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by Galron »

I feel like I'm doing a lot of Gamma defending, but his wagon being the initial wagon and not having any competition 3 days into the game seems off. If Gamma's scum, his buddies aren't doing their job.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Galron »

Unless the Chair is a wanna-have item, but the consensus seems to believe it isn't.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 5, Morning Tweet wrote:"This will never do! Therefore, I have gifted you a way to deal with them. Behold.. the 'Chair of Execution'!"
This makes me think the Chair affects the entire scum team. Or the Chair is going to make other appearances. Surely the Chair wouldn't be the only way to "deal with them." Especially since it's an iron chair with restraints, I'm convinced we need scum in it.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1005, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I dunno what devilish tricks you'd have in store for me if you rolled scum

I already said I suck at reading you
really because you've called me scum pretty much every time i rolled scum against you even if half of them were meme games. or is it that you have trouble figuring out when i'm town

In post 1009, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1003, petapan wrote:
In post 998, skitter30 wrote:peta do u have reads other than toog?
i think taly is town, i think gypyx slot is probably town, i think you're probably town in spite of your protest at me giving that read, i think pooky is
probably
based on him coming out strong and doing the thing where he tries to poke at people he knows with a scumread to see if they flinch

i don't have a feel for a lot of people in this game but it's also been 3 days real time and i'm not really pressed to have strong reads so far. i could probably look at people and force an opinion on them if i had to but i don't feel the urgency to do so
thanks.

ig i kinda just feel like you're kinda sitting and observing everything without really doing anything, if that makes sense? like you're just watchign the game, but not really part of it
that doesn't like make you scum or anything necessarily but it's making it kinda hard to read u and i'm kinda wondering why you're not doing much
that's...pretty much accurate, i suppose

it's a mix of things

i don't think this is a player list where i'm likely to have strong scumreads early and i feel that jumping in with reckless aggression is more likely to be unhelpful and lead to confusing my reads anyway

in the very early game i kind of prefer to hang back until something catches my attention anyway

this game is more or less my re-entry to plying mafia after some time off, where i couldn't muster any enthusiasm whatsoever. i had no desire to read anyone, the mystery of a game had no intrigue for me. now i'm back, i'm in that mindset and i'm eager to play, but i'm not in a place where i feel like i can act with confidence yet.

i am entirely serious when i say stuff about how i plan on being obvious town this game, it's just that it's not yet that time
free crypto
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 970, Dwlee99 wrote:Cephrir?
petapan?
Ydrasse
SirCakez
skitter30
Infinity 324
Toogeloo
Galron
Dunnstral

Question mark means it's like okay to kill them but I'm leaning towards not
Anyone wanna pick a name from this list?
I prefer they, thanks :)
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1013, skitter30 wrote:
In post 804, petapan wrote:
In post 757, Prism wrote:I weirdly expect more reasoning from a scum Cakez after WH13.
i viscerally hate the takes he is putting out though
what are you finding so bad about them exactly
idk if i disagree with his reads but they aren't like producing any sort of visceral reaction for me, and i kinda think he believes what he's saying ...
also does this not translate to a scumread?
i find him to be drawing strong reads on posts i find to be mostly meaningless

i don't know that it's enough for a full-blown scumread but i find him suspicious

call me hedgy, i don't care
free crypto
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1193, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 970, Dwlee99 wrote:
Cephrir?
petapan?

Ydrasse

SirCakez

skitter30
Infinity 324

Toogeloo

Galron

Dunnstral

Question mark means it's like okay to kill them but I'm leaning towards not
Anyone wanna pick a name from this list?
Your kill list has 1 more person from my top tiers than my bottom tiers, and two of the very bottom tier people you have listed are question marks
Not a great PoE imo
<Embrace The Void>

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Who should I have in my poe that I'm excluding rn

Also I'm the only one willing to counterwagon and you complain about it okay
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Also you think my list has 3 scum in it... and there are 4 in the game, and you're not okay with it

okay
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I posted my reads; you can cross-reference that to see where I think good votes are
Anyone in the top two tiers I don’t want to eliminate today.
<Embrace The Void>

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:57 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1143, Gamma Emerald wrote:Trust these people until the end of time: Taly, Infinity, Skitter, Ydrasse
Good folks to keep around: Gypyx, Galron, Sircakez, Pooky
Could do with a touching-up: Saber, Toogeloo, Dwlee
Remove them from the premises: Cephrir, Dunnstral, Ulyana, Petapan

Since I’m not long for this world I may as well leave this as a parting gift.
Okay so you think I need ulyana and saber in my Poe still? Why?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”