Newbie 2079 | Open House | Game Over!!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:39 am

Post by RH9 »

My biggest worry so far is that I townread both CheekyTeeky and Prism. Self-voting is like so scummy and cross-voting is not right to me either. I would have wanted to vote camelCasedSnivy to see if CheekyTeeky is right about them being on the scum team, but then that would get me eliminated Day 3, and I don't want to get eliminated or NKed, as a matter of fact. So I'll just wait for somebody else to vote before voting.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 667, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 609, catboi wrote:
In post 608, MargotRosa wrote:I made clear that I didn't understand the Reg wagon in 401 and wanted clarification of where it had come from, because something seemed off. Given that noone could give me an adequate explanation of why it had happened, I decided to distrust it.
Then I'm not sure why you "retracted" your hate for the wagon, then, without being given so much as an explanation.
I didn't retract my hate for the wagon. I retracted my hate for the fact that Cheeky didn't mention it was e-1, because it wasn't e-1, and the thing I mentioned hating didn't happen. I always hated the wagon
In post 464, MargotRosa wrote:I don't know why I thought it was 4 to elim d1. Apologies. I retract my hate
You, again, appear to be contradicting your own words. Your actions mostly look like retroactive justification that doesn't hold water as any sort of believable thought process. The fact that you never even stated a read on Reg looks like you were positioning yourself against the wagon to look good later then blame others, and not that you had any sort of legitimate townread of RegRider. You can call your thoughts "stream of consciousness" but that doesn't absolve you from having to back them up at all and the fact that you continue to try to minimize this rather than produce any follow through suggests to me it's not a real thought.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 675, RH9 wrote:My biggest worry so far is that I townread both CheekyTeeky and Prism. Self-voting is like so scummy and cross-voting is not right to me either. I would have wanted to vote camelCasedSnivy to see if CheekyTeeky is right about them being on the scum team, but then that would get me eliminated Day 3, and I don't want to get eliminated or NKed, as a matter of fact. So I'll just wait for somebody else to vote before voting.
...why do you find cheeky's arguments for camel being scum convincing?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 672, Prism wrote:so uh

catboi

whatchu thinkin

hope the weather's nice outside 4 u
I legitimately want to kill almost anyone, despite my stated reads, camel's refusal to do absolutely anything is incredibly bothersome, connor only 3 posts this phase is a bad look and his reads list felt like a cheap gloss over the thread, it did not give me the sense of someone who cares to get more meaningfully involved
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 673, RH9 wrote:Uh, what are we supposed to do? Day 2 feels so quiet. Is this normal? Also, should I vote anybody? There's apparently two days until Night 3. camelCasedSnivy seems quieter than Day 1. But this isn't scummy, right? Like they claimed like Vanilla Town already. Also, I am tempted to cross-vote but that just feels scummy to me. Like unless you know the person who's voting you is Mafia, voting them just feels wrong.
No, this isn't normal, I have been trying to provide input but I cannot pull a game along by myself
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 678, catboi wrote: camel's refusal to do absolutely anything is incredibly bothersome
sorry I just dont know what to do ;-;
ill try to contribute more and make a revamped reads list but first ima go eat dinner
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:26 pm

but judging from this, RH9, catboi and Prism are like the only people playing and its hilarious
master at being scum(my)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm basically in the same boat. I have some rough order of preference but cat can fake everything so far and I can barely understand the last 6/7 posts of RH9, and without some more opinionated play from him he will always be a question mark.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:30 pm

In post 675, RH9 wrote:but then that would get me eliminated Day 3, and I don't want to get eliminated or NKed, as a matter of fact.
Only scum (except for when im scum) worry about dying. Even if it is mylo if we mc again i think still a bit suspicious
master at being scum(my)
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 677, catboi wrote:
In post 675, RH9 wrote:My biggest worry so far is that I townread both CheekyTeeky and Prism. Self-voting is like so scummy and cross-voting is not right to me either. I would have wanted to vote camelCasedSnivy to see if CheekyTeeky is right about them being on the scum team, but then that would get me eliminated Day 3, and I don't want to get eliminated or NKed, as a matter of fact. So I'll just wait for somebody else to vote before voting.
I just found it that if camelCasedSnivy or me both flip Town, CheekyTeeky's going to lose credibility but so would MargotRosa if I flip Town.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 682, Prism wrote:I'm basically in the same boat. I have some rough order of preference but cat can fake everything so far and I can barely understand the last 6/7 posts of RH9, and without some more opinionated play from him he will always be a question mark.
So I should start making more sense?

v/la every weekend

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:25 am

Post by catboi »

In post 684, RH9 wrote:
I just found it that if camelCasedSnivy or me both flip Town, CheekyTeeky's going to lose credibility but so would MargotRosa if I flip Town.
You have expressed a townread on cheekyteeky and a willingness to follow her and I'm not sure I understand why.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Prism »

In post 342, CheekyTeeky wrote:Mine would be:
Town {DTX, Margot}
Town lean {flow, RH9, camel}
Scum lean {Regrider, Connor, Prism}
Can we get an update on this? Do you have any townreads at the moment, and I'm especially curious as to what you make of some of the lapses in memory Margot has made.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:19 am

Post by Prism »

The apathy in this game is pretty overwhelming. I've worked over the game 2/3 times now and haven't come away with any strong feeling about virtually
anyone
, just slight feelings akin to pulling names out of hats. cat has the best content but has been "wrong" in his interactions with me and I've been bitten by it before.

I'm down to vote virtually anyone at this point. Not only do I not know who the best flip is but we're not even putting anyone in danger to find out.

VOTE: Margot
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:19 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 686, catboi wrote:
In post 684, RH9 wrote:
You have expressed a townread on cheekyteeky and a willingness to follow her and I'm not sure I understand why.
To be fair, the main problem for me is that CheekyTeeky's reaction to my Day 1 activities was so towny that the only thing she did to dampen this feeling is stating that camelCasedSnivy is Mafia with me. But then, I really want to know if MargotRosa is Mafia. This means that I'm going to vote the person who I townread the least. VOTE: MargotRosa

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:19 am

Post by RH9 »

And know it is E-1.

v/la every weekend

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Prism »

In post 676, catboi wrote:
In post 667, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 609, catboi wrote:
In post 608, MargotRosa wrote:I made clear that I didn't understand the Reg wagon in 401 and wanted clarification of where it had come from, because something seemed off. Given that noone could give me an adequate explanation of why it had happened, I decided to distrust it.
Then I'm not sure why you "retracted" your hate for the wagon, then, without being given so much as an explanation.
I didn't retract my hate for the wagon. I retracted my hate for the fact that Cheeky didn't mention it was e-1, because it wasn't e-1, and the thing I mentioned hating didn't happen. I always hated the wagon
In post 464, MargotRosa wrote:I don't know why I thought it was 4 to elim d1. Apologies. I retract my hate
You, again, appear to be contradicting your own words. Your actions mostly look like retroactive justification that doesn't hold water as any sort of believable thought process. The fact that you never even stated a read on Reg looks like you were positioning yourself against the wagon to look good later then blame others, and not that you had any sort of legitimate townread of RegRider. You can call your thoughts "stream of consciousness" but that doesn't absolve you from having to back them up at all and the fact that you continue to try to minimize this rather than produce any follow through suggests to me it's not a real thought.
I agree that the process around the wagon (very randomly strong read, retroactive justification) isn't the best but I don't think there's much contradiction with the claim about hatred w/r/t the wagon vs. Cheeky's vote. I was skeptical but reviewing Margot's posts around Cheeky's vote it actually lines up.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:55 am

In post 690, RH9 wrote:And know it is E-1.
THANK GOD YOU SAID THIS I WAS ALMOST GONNA HAMMER
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:56 am

I want Margot to give one final response as to the reasons they are being voted before I potentially hammer.
master at being scum(my)
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

VOTE: Camel
I'm here going to reread the game now. Hammering is a scumclaim.
<3 xx
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 54, camelCasedSnivy wrote:I agree that a PoE of 5 is very agreesive but I don't think it means they are mafia.
In post 93, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 92, RH9 wrote:I have to say that I pretty much read everybody town so far. However, I'm not sure what makes camelCasedSnivy, CheekyTeeky, or DaTacoX, mafia. I do find it confusing why camelCasedSnivy read themselves as Mafia. I have to say that these reads might change later.
Never said DTX was mafia. Cheeky probs is mafia bc of their poe and their bw and also you really took my self suspicion seriously.
This doesn't line up. You think my PoE is not scum indicative until I vote you where the PoE then suddenly becomes another reason to scumread me.
<3 xx
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 231, camelCasedSnivy wrote:VOTE: camelCasedSnivy for funsies and also they a bit sus
wanna see what people think of this
What did you gain from this in the end? I don't see anything in your ISO that proves it was to gain reads rather than manipulate people with wifom by self-voting.
<3 xx
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 314, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 283, DaTacoX wrote:VOTE: RegRider

I'll agree with flow trap on this one.
And, once again as a side note... Pressuring someone doesn't work if you tell them that's what you are doing.
Just wanna point this out, "I'll agree with flow trap on this one" seems a bit suspicious to me because given RegRider gets eliminated and they flip Town, scum would blame flow trap in this situation for proposing the idea despite not following the other ones which could've resolved in a Mafia flip.

...or I'm thinking about this way too hard. Who knows
Gross shading in anticipation of a reg town flip.
In post 381, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 375, DaTacoX wrote: What makes you two think RegRider isn't scummy?
I have a null read on Reg rn but a lot of ppl think they're scummy so was just curious.
In post 384, camelCasedSnivy wrote:btw my updated reads i think
- Town -
flow trap
Margort (idk how to spell)
DaTacoX
Connordragon07
CheekyTeeky
RH9
RegRider and Prism (based on other ppl)
camelCasedSnivy
- Mafia -
In post 402, camelCasedSnivy wrote:Same, no one has explained to me why RegRider is scummy.
In post 404, camelCasedSnivy wrote:Ok that's pretty stupid imo
In post 415, camelCasedSnivy wrote:To me that is not really alignment-indicative. But VOTE: RegRider just because the other reasons are good.
Progression sucks.
<3 xx
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Like how do you shade the same person you buy reasoning from to vote. Using others reasoning as justification to vote rather than just consolidating gives away a need to cover their behind since they know reg is flipping town.
<3 xx
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 600, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 596, catboi wrote:If you think there was scum on the RegRider wagon, why is your focus on RH9?
Tbh RH9 is acting a bit too much on his posts imo as well as stating the obvious (like being sad about losing 2 VTs)
RH9/camel not SvS.
<3 xx

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”