Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1273, Something_Smart wrote:I mean gambling the game is inevitable. Why not do it sooner?
gambling the game on one elimination is just mafia. gambling the game on whether 2/6 of the plist is the 8-ball is just goofy :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1272, Morning Tweet wrote:why are you playing in a way that you expect to get killed for as any alignment??
Because I have some degree of faith in the people here to be able to discern my alignment at a better than random rate.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:58 pm

In post 1274, the worst wrote:all you learn is whether someone is the 8-ball.
Disagree. But I obviously can't elaborate.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by House »

In post 1264, Something_Smart wrote:yup, because I think my execution may not be inevitable

I only feel that way as one alignment, that's for damn sure.
As far as I'm concerned, it is.

Not for your play, mind you. Because of everyone else's.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1254, Something_Smart wrote:Refusing to share reads initially but actually having extremely strong ones, defending tw and scumreading imaginality but not actually trying to kill him, refusing to compromise or change my reads at all during the course of the day
The first could be a "I have a secret plan/strategy" type thing, mixed in with WIFOM of "if im scum I know this look bad so i don't do it"

the second, sure, NAI

and the third I still find scummy even if you're aware it's scummy. There are five of us, you dont have a lot of wiggle room especially if your partner boxes you to play a certain way with their reads
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:59 pm

In post 1279, Morning Tweet wrote:and the third I still find scummy even if you're aware it's scummy.
it's demonstrably not though, unless I'm scum with tw. Because if I switched to tw, then wouldn't I have a lot lower chance of dying?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:00 pm

In post 1279, Morning Tweet wrote:The first could be a "I have a secret plan/strategy" type thing, mixed in with WIFOM of "if im scum I know this look bad so i don't do it"
The plan wasn't secret though. And I don't know what you mean by that "type of thing" anyway, it's not like scum pretend to have a secret plan for towncred when they really don't.

As for the WIFOM, well how's that working out for me?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by House »

In post 1280, Something_Smart wrote:it's demonstrably not though, unless I'm scum with tw.
You'll never guess my hero solve!

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:01 pm

Right, and that raises the question of what was our plan to win today? 8-ball imagine and hope that people just magically reverse their reads on him?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by the worst »

don't tell them :shifty:
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1276, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1272, Morning Tweet wrote:why are you playing in a way that you expect to get killed for as any alignment??
Because I have some degree of faith in the people here to be able to discern my alignment at a better than random rate.
What are you gaining from hiding reads, not forcing any will on the game, not reevaluting, etc. Those are all things that are much more beneficial to scum, no?
Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1279, Morning Tweet wrote:and the third I still find scummy even if you're aware it's scummy.
it's demonstrably not though, unless I'm scum with tw. Because if I switched to tw, then wouldn't I have a lot lower chance of dying?
TW aka your supposed strongest TR?
Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1279, Morning Tweet wrote:The first could be a "I have a secret plan/strategy" type thing, mixed in with WIFOM of "if im scum I know this look bad so i don't do it"
The plan wasn't secret though. And I don't know what you mean by that "type of thing" anyway, it's not like scum pretend to have a secret plan for towncred when they really don't.

As for the WIFOM, well how's that working out for me?
I don't know how to explain it lol. Sometimes I see scum be mysterious or otherwise hide stuff because they have a secret strategy -- just to seem towny. You're doing something that seems scummy for an ulterior motive (hiding reads so scum doesnt game you). I feel you probably don't come to the conclusion that hiding your reads is a good idea as town -- mechanically it makes no sense

Also, how were you supposed to know how it would work out?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1283, Something_Smart wrote:Right, and that raises the question of what was our plan to win today? 8-ball imagine and hope that people just magically reverse their reads on him?
8-ball Bingle and literally just have me have an incorrect read? I was considering Bingle start of day. Worst was. Imagine was (obviously). House could have.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:03 pm

In post 1285, Morning Tweet wrote:What are you gaining from hiding reads, not forcing any will on the game, not reevaluting, etc. Those are all things that are much more beneficial to scum, no?
The reads hiding discussion already happened. It's very beneficial to town if someone can go the whole day without sharing their reads.

As for the second one, it wouldn't work. Trust me, I spent years of my life on the site under the mistaken belief that it did.

As for the third one, it's pro-town for me to represent my reads accurate (if I choose to represent them). If they don't change, why would I pretend they did?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by House »

In post 1283, Something_Smart wrote:Right, and that raises the question of what was our plan to win today? 8-ball imagine and hope that people just magically reverse their reads on him?
I think Bingle is the 8-Ball.

He was the most vulnerable.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:04 pm

In post 1286, Morning Tweet wrote:8-ball Bingle and literally just have me have an incorrect read?
And then do my best to convince everyone that Bingle is 8-ball. What a genius plan.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

About ready to vote worst just to avoid something stupid happening even if I'm not really totally convinced. He could be scum, sure. I think he's probably scum with SS in that case, but i digress
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1289, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1286, Morning Tweet wrote:8-ball Bingle and literally just have me have an incorrect read?
And then do my best to convince everyone that Bingle is 8-ball. What a genius plan.
If Bingle is scum it doesn't exactly matter does it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:05 pm

In post 1290, Morning Tweet wrote:I think he's probably scum with SS in that case
Finally, something we agree on.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Plus, WIFOM. Maybe we would have expected scum to not 8-ball the obvious target again.

It was Xylo. I don't see why you don't hope for 1 town to have a misread and get an easy win
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:06 pm

In post 1291, Morning Tweet wrote:If Bingle is scum it doesn't exactly matter does it?
I mean, that was in reference to a hypothetical where the team was me/tw. But sure it still matters, if we kill a scum 8-ball we remain in potentially-mylo.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:07 pm

In post 1293, Morning Tweet wrote:I don't see why you don't hope for 1 town to have a misread and get an easy win
I agree, that is probably what we would do, so why didn't we do it?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1294, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1291, Morning Tweet wrote:If Bingle is scum it doesn't exactly matter does it?
I mean, that was in reference to a hypothetical where the team was me/tw. But sure it still matters, if we kill a scum 8-ball we remain in potentially-mylo.
No, I mean if you argue Bingle is scum, then it doesnt matter if Bingle is 8-ball.

Imagine was positioned to push Bingle today, so was worst. You were laying back and saying "no dont do it" a little but as you are aware it wouldn't have had an effect, then you could quick hammer
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by the worst »

because we agreed to shoot taly and make STD the 8-ball?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1295, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1293, Morning Tweet wrote:I don't see why you don't hope for 1 town to have a misread and get an easy win
I agree, that is probably what we would do, so why didn't we do it?
You........ did? I don't understand, I am accusing you of doing just that
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I am saying you 8-balled bingle and had worst or imagine push him while you sat back and waited to pounce

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”