Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn Mafia (Game Over)

Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4525 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:08 pm

Post by Mandelbrot »

All the NPC's have their specific agendas.

The player character does whatever benefits them.

Sounds like 3p to me.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4526 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 4519, mastina wrote:You brought something up that you had no reason to bring up in the first place.
Confession, it is good for the soul.

Not so good for the body, though.

VOTE: mastina
Hydra of Yume & House
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4527 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4522, Toogeloo wrote:Are you seriously claiming the Warrior of Light?
Yes.

I genuinely thought at the beginning of the game that everyone was Warriors of Lights. Everyone was a Warrior of Light, just with some having different abilities than others.

I was genuinely surprised/confused to learn that players in this game were claiming to be named characters.

I can give you the exact image used in my role PM (not the same one GIF used, mind you, but there's multiple sources of this one so I could link to it without it being the one GIF used with it being valid because it wasn't gotten through GIF) since I saw at least three different versions of the image used with a quick google search of FFXIV Warrior of Light, buuuuuuuut, since I don't want to toe the line, I'll instead use a
different
one that I believe is the same character. Two in fact.
^This guy, but he has a sword on his back. Gigantic sword. (At least I assume, from the size of the hilt.)
^Might also be this guy.
If you do the google search tho, the actual image used in the role PM is one where the sword is on the Warrior of Light's back.

My guaranteed-raid-success is from being Raid Leader.
My janitor-bypass-that-fails-on-a-roleswap is from my main power, which isn't intended as a janitor-bypass. It's a power that I thought was weak initially, then thought might be the strongest ability in the game, but now which I think is about middling in strength.
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4528 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:14 pm

Post by Mandelbrot »

Hydra of Yume & House
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4529 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:16 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Meh... Not really. I mean, yeah, if the player doesn't want to play through the story. I think the nagging at the back of brain is would the WoL actually be in this game? FFXIV does have a generic WoL that is used in cinematics for the title screen and launch promos, and to be fair, the WoL is the primary driving force of the story since it's, well, the player. Not either of the names I would have guessed mastina to pick, and she hasn't confirmed it either, but technically plausible since if there is any one character in the game that would actually succeed in raiding, it would be the player lol.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4530 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

That was in response to Mandelbrot's 3P suggestion.
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4531 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:19 pm

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 4529, Toogeloo wrote:Meh... Not really. I mean, yeah, if the player doesn't want to play through the story. I think the nagging at the back of brain is would the WoL actually be in this game? FFXIV does have a generic WoL that is used in cinematics for the title screen and launch promos, and to be fair, the WoL is the primary driving force of the story since it's, well, the player. Not either of the names I would have guessed mastina to pick, and she hasn't confirmed it either, but technically plausible since if there is any one character in the game that would actually succeed in raiding, it would be the player lol.
You're not following.

All the NPC's, good and evil, have a set script. Things they HAVE TO DO.

The warrior of light is unique in that they don't HAVE to do ANYTHING.

The player can just spend their entire lives killing lv1 mobs outside the starting city, if they wish.

The player is the quintessential third party in FFXIV lore.
Hydra of Yume & House
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4532 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 147, mastina wrote:
In post 25, mastina wrote:
In post 15, mastina wrote:
JOIN RAID;
CLAIM: I HAVE a 1X ABILITY TO GUARANTEE A RAID SUCCEEDS
Am phoneposting, so can go into details later, but y'all can discuss which of the 3 options below are best:
-Dont use it
-Use it
-Dont announce use/not use of the guaranteed success, but use some private method to determine which.

Regardless, I should be a part of the raid.

I can claim details + RVs reads once home. Which will be in 6+ hours, so later tonight.
First matter of business: I decided to not do the fullclaim of the ability here.
I figured that the ability might not be unique to me
, and while me fullclaiming it would
conftown me to any others with the ability
, that's redundant--I'm fairly confident in my ability to show myself to be town without relying on a role to do so, meaning it's more valuable for me to hold off on the info to potentially conftown someone else with the power.

I will say that's not my only power, but obviously I see no reason to fullclaim right out of the gate D1.
In post 94, WhemeStar wrote:Soo mastina uses her role to auto succeed raid and then gets another auto succeed.
Seems cool
I did check with the mod, and as a matter of fact: yes. That's in fact how it works! The mod confirmed that me using my 1x guaranteed raid success...will give me another shot at a guaranteed raid success.

The downside to me claiming/confirming this is that now all scum with X-shots know they can get another X-shot but hopefully the town can get more mileage out of the raid. (I claimed without knowing what the raid bonus was, I saw my role earlier, formed a plan for what I'd do on daystart, I was phoneposting when the game started, so didn't know the ramifications until now.)
Honestly this should've given it away to you, Toog.

How many characters have the exact same ability with the exact same flavor in FFXIV? I wouldn't know, but I imagine it couldn't be many.
How many
player characters
have the exact same ability with the exact same flavor? Well potentially, any/all of them. :P

I genuinely thought literally everyone in this game that was,
Warrior of Light
(
Eorzean *insert their role here*
), followed by a descriptor of their role and what it does following.

I was pretty baffled to learn that the roles from this game
weren't
various different versions of the Warrior of Light, but rather, that I was the
only
Warrior of Light and everyone else was an NPC.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4533 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:24 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Honestly, I'm willing to just leave that all alone for now. I'm more than happy to Elim some easy PoEs today in either Wheme, ArcAngel, Mystic Bears, those kind of slots.

@mastina... In the sense of the game, there is only ONE Warrior of Light. All other players that are not you are considered Adventurers. So for purpose of story telling and game building, there would be only one WoL.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4534 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:24 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Going through Elsa's iso, I found this...
In post 277, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 270, RealCheeks wrote:Elsa/Titus scum imo.
- C
In post 272, RealCheeks wrote:Elsa is ok today. I agree on Titus though

-R
This is why I'm bad with Hydras. I always set one of them off. Bleh.

Forgive my insolence Cheeky.
Do hydrae usually have dissonance with scum partners? I kind of want to award town points to RC here.
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4535 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by RealCheeks »

It is interesting that 3p is the only party mandel seems right on.

Mastina if Elsa succeeded in swapping then when Elsa flipped did the traded role flip or Elsa's OG role flip? Like is there a possibility H1H2 was scum janitor that Elsa traded with to save the utility or am I misunderstanding the mechanic?
~C
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4536 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4533, Toogeloo wrote:@mastina... In the sense of the game, there is only ONE Warrior of Light. All other players that are not you are considered Adventurers. So for purpose of story telling and game building, there would be only one WoL.
Yeah but it's an MMO. I thought everyone was player characters (with specific powers) except maybe the scum who would have fakeclaims of being player characters (with specific powers). That everyone would be a Warrior of Light, just with their jobs/classes/etc. being different between them, since I know that you can have different jobs/classes/etc. that serve various different functions.
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4537 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 4533, Toogeloo wrote:Honestly, I'm willing to just leave that all alone for now. I'm more than happy to Elim some easy PoEs today in either Wheme, ArcAngel, Mystic Bears, those kind of slots.
Never say I'm not a team player.

VOTE: AA9

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4538 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4535, RealCheeks wrote:Mastina if Elsa succeeded in swapping then when Elsa flipped did the traded role flip or Elsa's OG role flip?
I'd assume that alignments can't be shown wrong or else the game would be labeled bastard. If Elsa was town, then Elsa flipping as scum would be bastard modding, and to my knowledge, the game wasn't advertised as bastard, so. GIF would literally lose his modding experience for making a bastard game out of a game advertised as not bastard, if Elsa weren't scum.
In post 4535, RealCheeks wrote:It is interesting that 3p is the only party mandel seems right on.
Oh I'm not 3p.

I just genuinely think House's insistence on
hunting for 3p
is scummy as fuck because why the fuck would town hunt for 3p?

I am, explicitly, not groupscum--even if House
were
right about me being 3p (which he isn't, since my power is explicitly tied to me being town and fundamentally cannot come from a 3p which y'all would know if I fullclaimed which is, again, one of the reasons I don't want to), focusing on 3p is, and I want to reiterate this because House keeps deflecting: not hunting for groupscum. Yaknow: the thing
guaranteed
to exist and still be in the game?

Focusing on hunting (nonexistent, non-proven) 3p instead of focusing on hunting (proven to exist, certain to have 2-3 more members) groupscum.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4539 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 4536, mastina wrote:That everyone would be a Warrior of Light, just with their jobs/classes/etc. being different between them, since I know that you can have different jobs/classes/etc. that serve various different functions.
I would totally play a Job System FF Mafia game lol.

Seriously, don't mess with my FF knowledge. I have been a fan since I played the first Final Fantasy on my NES back on Christmas Day in 1987.
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4540 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by RealCheeks »

In post 4538, mastina wrote:I'd assume that alignments can't be shown wrong or else the game would be labeled bastard. If Elsa was town, then Elsa flipping as scum would be bastard modding, and to my knowledge, the game wasn't advertised as bastard, so. GIF would literally lose his modding experience for making a bastard game out of a game advertised as not bastard, if Elsa weren't scum.
I meant if both H1H2 and Elsa were scum together.
~C
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4541 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 230, GuyInFreezer wrote:[*]
Is it possible your game has any of the following: cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game? (Yes/No)
- No[/list]
Per this, a player flipping scum that was not actually scum would be a moderator lie that cannot be reasonably anticipated. So Elsa was scum.

That, aside from the fact that in private GIF basically confirmed to me that Elsa was scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4542 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4540, RealCheeks wrote:I meant if both H1H2 and Elsa were scum together.
Still runs into the same issues aside from GIF having also implied to me that H1H2 was town. (Obviously not confirmed, but implied.)
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4543 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:39 pm

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 4539, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 4536, mastina wrote:That everyone would be a Warrior of Light, just with their jobs/classes/etc. being different between them, since I know that you can have different jobs/classes/etc. that serve various different functions.

Seriously, don't mess with my FF knowledge. I have been a fan since I played the first Final Fantasy on my NES back on Christmas Day in 1987.
What did you think of Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest? :lol:
Hydra of Yume & House
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4544 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:39 pm

Post by RealCheeks »

Wait nevermind I thought H1H2 was limmed instead of shot. Ignore me.
~C
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4545 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:41 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 4543, Mandelbrot wrote:

Story is pretty good, actually. Obviously an easy game though, almost impossible to struggle on it since it was designed to gain interest in RPGs.
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4546 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by RealCheeks »

So assume we're going to assume TC is town.
~C
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4547 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 4545, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 4543, Mandelbrot wrote:

Story is pretty good, actually. Obviously an easy game though, almost impossible to struggle on it since it was designed to gain interest in RPGs.
Pretty sure it was designed for younger children, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

So difficult to find people that have ever heard of it, let alone played it.

Nice to meet a kinsman.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4548 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:46 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm so much of a FF fan, I legally changed my first name to that of one of the characters in FF6 in 2006, and I named my daughter after a character from FF12.
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4549 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 4548, Toogeloo wrote:I'm so much of a FF fan, I legally changed my first name to that of one of the characters in FF6 in 2006, and I named my daughter after a character from FF12.
I'm more of a FF purist, in that I love all the Squaresoft titles, but believe the Enix developments are bastardizations of the good name of Final Fantasy.

Just like at the VII Remake. Case closed.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”