ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:01 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 1974, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah pretty much
I feel like I’m pretty good at tone reading Cakez, as I’ve said before.
okay how do you feel about taly noting other disagreements with your list but ignoring that one even though taly has mentioned multiple times cakez being suspicious/in poe?
j'aurai disparu
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Taly »

ulyana wrote:
In post 1971, Taly wrote:Nah, I actually have several more changes I'd make with Gamma's list, I just only said those.
hm, why did that one seem not important to mention? i am wondering because it is very very much not in line with any of your posted views towards cakez as far as i can tell
Because is something I really want
Cakez
to respond to and I don't want other posts I make about him to influence how he answers.
Galron wrote:UNVOTE:

I read it wrong.
I presume you have tangible reads based off the events though. No strong vote anywhere?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1971, Taly wrote:Gamma, I'm curious why you townread me. I feel that I've actively given you reasons to not trust me or for you to believe that I am taking you in poor faith.
It’s honestly similar logic to my Ydrasse TR. Your scumgame is kinda flat, and I feel like you’ve actually been pretty engaged.
When I read people, if I have a tell I consider reliable, I will utilize that tell at the expense of all others basically. So despite there being points where you could have been seen as not interacting honestly with me, I’m checking that against the fact that your WIM this game feels honest.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1974, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1968, Taly wrote:We won't know the benefit.
In post 1965, Gamma Emerald wrote:Trust these people until the end of time: Taly, Infinity, Skitter, Ydrasse, Sircakez
Good folks to keep around: Gypyx, Petapan
Could do with a touching-up: Dunnstral, Dwlee, Ulyana
Remove them from the premises: Saber, Galron, Toogeloo

I think I’m sitting somewhere around here?
FYI I kinda felt like Saber’s response to my question about the progression on me felt a little sus
I'd drop
Peta, Ydra, and Dunn
all down a tier.
idk about peta and Dunn, but Ydra I definitely feel like isn’t showing the same fatigue as she had in PYP, so unless between games she got a second wind, I don’t think she’s scum here
In post 1969, ulyana wrote:
In post 1968, Taly wrote:I'd drop Peta, Ydra, and Dunn all down a tier.
so you both think... sircakez is definitely town here?
Yeah pretty much
gamma i appreciate the townread very much but also how am i not more fatigued here than i was in that game ;-;
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1975, ulyana wrote:
In post 1974, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah pretty much
okay how do you feel about taly noting other disagreements with your list but ignoring that one even though taly has mentioned multiple times cakez being suspicious/in poe?
It just reads as he considered those the most egregious reads in my list. I can deem a read list acceptable while having nitpicks with it.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: Infinity
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1935, petapan wrote:i hope you're town so i don't get accused of that post being scum theater
weirdchamp
I prefer they, thanks :)
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1104, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1101, ulyana wrote:
In post 1099, Gamma Emerald wrote:and the end goal of that is ... ?
? to have something to point to as reasoning for having eliminated me?
why do you think I eliminate you over someone more presently causing me problems if I'm scum?
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:11 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 1979, Gamma Emerald wrote:It just reads as he considered those the most egregious reads in my list. I can deem a read list acceptable while having nitpicks with it.
so you think dunn peta and ydra should be one tier lower would be more egregious to taly than 'we should trust until the ends of the earth'-ing someone taly has previously expressed heavy suspicion of?
j'aurai disparu
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1136, ulyana wrote:
In post 1135, Dunnstral wrote:The majority of minigames are going to have to involve somebody dying, if not all of them
right but could be done in such a way that cephrir being scumread by certain players wouldn't stop him from feeling like he could play the game, is what i mean,

like if cephrir is town i am saying that maybe next minigame is something where the views of others maybe not as much of a worry, if that makes sense
Do you think this is a still a possibility? How?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1977, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1971, Taly wrote:Gamma, I'm curious why you townread me. I feel that I've actively given you reasons to not trust me or for you to believe that I am taking you in poor faith.
It’s honestly similar logic to my Ydrasse TR. Your scumgame is kinda flat, and I feel like you’ve actually been pretty engaged.
When I read people, if I have a tell I consider reliable, I will utilize that tell at the expense of all others basically. So despite there being points where you could have been seen as not interacting honestly with me, I’m checking that against the fact that your WIM this game feels honest.
What's the reliable tell with
Ydra
?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:16 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1455, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like let's say this chair thing is something good.

and Gamma is trying to get into the chair because he's a stagehand and he knows the chair is good.[Theory]

Dunnstral is saying the theory is incorrect because Gamma could've just voted himself into the chair but Gamma didn't - hence he can't be a stagehand who wants to get into the chair. [Theory is wrong]

This completely ignores the fact that if Gamma were to vote himself into the chair, and it was something good, Gamma would look hella susp for it, aka the rest of the game when maybe we get a chance to kill him.

So it's not as simple as Dunnstral is making it.

Dunnstral is like
good
at mech, so he should recognize this, but he simplifies it.

That feels informed to me.

Also he ignored Gamma's vote on him completely and chooses to comment on this part without really commenting on actual relevant shit.
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:17 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 1984, Galron wrote:
In post 1135, Dunnstral wrote:The majority of minigames are going to have to involve somebody dying, if not all of them
right but could be done in such a way that cephrir being scumread by certain players wouldn't stop him from feeling like he could play the game, is what i mean,

like if cephrir is town i am saying that maybe next minigame is something where the views of others maybe not as much of a worry, if that makes sense
i mean, i do not think it is possible that cephrir can be engaged in this event in a way he was unable to be by the first one due to having been eliminated

but! i assume you are asking if it is a possibility for you due to finding yourself in a similar position with regards to stated reads of certain members of the thread

and! if you do feel like you definitely going to end up in the duel here than campaigning for who you think is definitely a scums to end up in the duel with you makes sense as town right even if you feel like you cannot impact those reads but like, it's very early in this event,
j'aurai disparu
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Taly »

Want to join my cause,
Galron
? ;)
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:20 am

Post by ulyana »

j'aurai disparu
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:22 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1502, ulyana wrote:
In post 1501, Galron wrote:please don't read too much into it -- not a Mafia metaphor.
nono i mean

why do you think i would be able to talk my way out of a basket of snakes?

as that generally isn't how i would describe myself and i don't really think others would really either? or at least they have not in the past?

so i wonder what gives you that impression
I don't recall whether I addressed this. Talking yourself out of basket of snakes was me saying that you are so flexible in your thinking and awareness that you would find a way to cleanly escape a dangerous situation. As applied to mafia, it's just words that we have, and whether you're town or not, your abilities would be effective.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1978, Ydrasse wrote:gamma i appreciate the townread very much but also how am i not more fatigued here than i was in that game ;-;
You said in the scum PT you were tired of rolling scum and it made sense why your tone felt off early on
I haven’t seen that same sort of done-with-it aura this game
<Embrace The Void>

ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:28 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 1990, Galron wrote:I don't recall whether I addressed this. Talking yourself out of basket of snakes was me saying that you are so flexible in your thinking and awareness that you would find a way to cleanly escape a dangerous situation. As applied to mafia, it's just words that we have, and whether you're town or not, your abilities would be effective.
i guess from my experience, it feels far more likely to me that i would talk my way into the basket of snakes than out of it? like i often have a lot of difficulty communicating effectively and sometimes i cause disasters which i have been working very hard about avoiding when possible, so it felt like a very weird description of me to me
j'aurai disparu
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1987, ulyana wrote:
In post 1984, Galron wrote:

i mean, i do not think it is possible that cephrir can be engaged in this event in a way he was unable to be by the first one due to having been eliminated

but! i assume you are asking if it is a possibility for you due to finding yourself in a similar position with regards to stated reads of certain members of the thread

and! if you do feel like you definitely going to end up in the duel here than campaigning for who you think is definitely a scums to end up in the duel with you makes sense as town right even if you feel like you cannot impact those reads but like, it's very early in this event,
The principle point I took from your post was that it could be that this event is less in our control as the others have been so far, but we don't know how we lack control, like there's an extra vote, or if a townie is voted, that townie is impervious to elimination, becoming an IC.

And no, I hadn't applied that possibility to myself but I probably should.

If you're talking a gladiate type event, I had considered that, but I don't know how that would work unless it's the next event following this.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1992, ulyana wrote:
In post 1990, Galron wrote:I don't recall whether I addressed this. Talking yourself out of basket of snakes was me saying that you are so flexible in your thinking and awareness that you would find a way to cleanly escape a dangerous situation. As applied to mafia, it's just words that we have, and whether you're town or not, your abilities would be effective.
i guess from my experience, it feels far more likely to me that i would talk my way into the basket of snakes than out of it? like i often have a lot of difficulty communicating effectively and sometimes i cause disasters which i have been working very hard about avoiding when possible, so it felt like a very weird description of me to me
I can appreciate that, but if you recall, Indiana Jones essentially talked himself into a snake pit, and he was deft enough to figure a way out.
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:33 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 1993, Galron wrote:If you're talking a gladiate type event, I had considered that, but I don't know how that would work unless it's the next event following this.
curious as to what you think duel to the death entails here then
j'aurai disparu
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1985, Taly wrote:
In post 1977, Gamma Emerald wrote:
What's the reliable tell with
Ydra
?
For Ydra, it’s just like, her tone feels way off when she’s faking things as scum. I thought it’d be harder to catch because she’s said she’s evolved and that’s true to an extent but PYP was proof that the tell hasn’t been completely burned. I was duped into thinking it was PP for a time in 5p but I eventually just couldn’t write off how Bee had been playing and the fact she was alive as claimed ascetic cop.
<Embrace The Void>

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1988, Taly wrote:Want to join my cause,
Galron
? ;)
I need to take a look at it. I've been re-reading certain posts, some that I feel I'm seeing for the first time.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1995, ulyana wrote:
In post 1993, Galron wrote:If you're talking a gladiate type event, I had considered that, but I don't know how that would work unless it's the next event following this.
curious as to what you think duel to the death entails here then
It would need to be lmited to "these two players are the candidates for execution; you may not vote for anyone either than one of them"
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Galron »

Or I'm sure there's another way, but I think you get what I'm driving at.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”