Mini Normal 2242 | Opossum Mafia | Game Over!

cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1645, TheZenMan wrote:
In post 1638, cool cookie wrote:
In post 1635, TheZenMan wrote:
In post 1621, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1618, House wrote:Considering that revelation never came to you...
Let's take a look back:

1- Who outed the hood? I did.
2- Who claimed his BP in public? I did
3- Who accused the other of being the Traitor (after more info was available)? I DID

So.. if you're going to claim the Traitor is in the hood was the one and only conclusion I should've had right off the gate, you're still voting the wrong person.

But considering you're SCUM in my solve, I don't find you voting me strange at all. At least once I flip the Town will reconsider and "maybe" someone will decide to tackle the idea that I am correct, and IF your theory of an investigative is in the unclaimed slots is true then all the better.

The thing i find most odd about you is not only are you voting me, but you also claim to believe there might be some yet another unclaimed PR in addition to a Complex Vig (effectively half-Investigative) and a TA/Neighbor Finder (an Investigative).

So, tell me: is it a 3rd investigative you suspect there might exist, or a protective (that has no function because the VTs/Goons are immune to the Vig and we have 2 BP claims)?
Is claiming BP in public right off the bat a plus? I'd say it's rather a negative since better to try and tank a shot. You just went straight into claiming, didn't even try to feel me out in the hood before doing that.

Right now you are scumreading me solely because of mechanics. Plus you still haven't answered why you put out a breadcrumb for scum to know I was not vanilla but actually BP. You did this when you knew that I was trying to bait a shot as BP.
no, claiming BP in a game with a bullet-proof traitor is never a good look, so agree claiming it first is a negative on Almost50. The problem is, you were so reckless Day 1 with no real care about who you voted for, you read as worse in a way. in an ordinary game, you are both scum and both get elimmed.
Yeah, I will agree I was reckless D1 voting. I honestly should have gone after Geroge fully from the start. It was partly influenced by A50 who was by biggest town-read then and wanted to go after you D1, but also because I had an initial scumread on you. You being the mailman changes things obviously, and also I think A50 is the traitor now. Both of us being scum however is unlikely given us going after each other so hard, especially since now at least one of us is probably going to be limmed.
the fact you're using "we're going hard at each other so we can't both be scum" as a defence, is the sort of thing which pings me as higher likelihood of distancing. The main thing which makes me think 1 of you could be town, is that otherwise it probably means T3 is scum too, because the town utility is a bit useless if both neighbours are also mafia.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Jacket »

cool cookie is shading the other PRs when it's extremely implausible that all 3 of them are scum. He's scum with T3. Can't wait until we end up chaining mis-elims off this.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:08 am

Post by Jacket »

*fae's
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:09 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1644, Jacket wrote:
In post 1639, cool cookie wrote:
In post 1632, HawaiianPizza wrote:i'm reading that we don't even have to exterminate the traitor to win?

uh is this true?
true, but with the neighbours likely being 1 or 2 scum - maybe not even the traitor itself - we should elim within the neighbour claims. just because they claimed BP, doesnt mean they can only be town or traitor. all we really know is, it's unlikely mechanically they are claiming truthfully.
You think they could be both scum CCing each other? How does that make any sense? The traitor would just claim to their partner.
I think you're assuming it would be a mis-understanding. in a world where they were both scum, it's most likely a deliberate ploy to make us assume:

A. 1 of them is town because they are claiming same role
B. the scum one is probably only traitor because they claimed gated BP

hence the logic would go, town should not elim in the neighbours. However, I do think the issue with that world view is that it requires T3 to be the final scum, so maybe less likely we've got the whole team there. and don't get me started on how this all interacts with the complex Vig claim.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Jacket »

This whole thing where cool cookie is insisting we protect a dead-ass useless PR for multiple days makes no sense.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:14 am

Post by House »

In post 1654, Jacket wrote:This whole thing where cool cookie is insisting we protect a dead-ass useless PR for multiple days makes no sense.
So FYPOV scum!cookie messages scum!T3 to tell him how to crumb/fake a crumb to fae, then drops the ball on picking up the very information fae told him to put out?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:18 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1651, Jacket wrote:cool cookie is shading the other PRs when it's extremely implausible that all 3 of them are scum. He's scum with T3. Can't wait until we end up chaining mis-elims off this.
i did already make the point it's pretty unlikely both neighbours and T3 are all scum, and that I think the most likely scenario is 2 claims are scum (1 neighbour plus the vig). You commented on that post, so the above is a bit strange as you must know you're misrepresenting me. I could be wrong about 2 of them being scum, and they aren't really linked (a flip on a claimed neighbour has little bearing on the alignment of a claimed vig), so the point about chain mis-elims doesn't make sense. it all especially doesn't make sense when you are also arguing for the same worldview as me - where 2 claimed PRs are scum. I'd have to say at best that's hypocritical.

Out of interest, why do you prefer not to talk to me directly, but instead appeal to the other players? if it's a personal thing that's ok, i'm just wondering if it could be a tell as sometimes mafia can be more shy or nervous to have direct conversation.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1636, cool cookie wrote:I think Almost50 was kidding, but if not the answer is that you keep the results secret so scum don't know who to NK - otherwise all your clears get killed.
Seriously? They kill the clears and not the slot that declares them as clears? That's a new one.

= Oh, shit! He's a Cop. Should we kill him?
- Nope. We wait to see who he checks and then we shoot that person

Makes perfect sense, except... HE DIDN'T EVEN GET A CLEAR! He got a NO RESULT!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:21 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1654, Jacket wrote:This whole thing where cool cookie is insisting we protect a dead-ass useless PR for multiple days makes no sense.
are you trying to say the investigative claim from T3 is a useless PR? are you able to explain why? i dont want to patronise you, maybe we are just misunderstanding each other as you seem to have very strong views, but i am struggling to believe your comments about me - because they either don't fit logically in the context of the game, or aren't consistent with your own claimed viewpoints.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Did anyone think anything of the game I mentioned where there were two neighbors with the same roles and town (both ungated role cops in fact)
I prefer they, thanks :)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

not really, i'm not sure why it's relevant
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:25 am

Post by House »

In post 1659, Dwlee99 wrote:Did anyone think anything of the game I mentioned where there were two neighbors with the same roles and town (both ungated role cops in fact)
That's not the link I saw.

The game I was linked to had a n2 cop and an even night cop.

Not the same thing at all.

redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:27 am

Post by redtea »

i didnt wanna read the rest and wanted to hammer but t3's at e-3 now
Big "scum found opportunity to defend their partner vibes"
ill properly catch up later but from what ive read the a50 votes are garbage
*Old account here
TheZenMan
TheZenMan
Goon
TheZenMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:27 am

Post by TheZenMan »

In post 1657, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1636, cool cookie wrote:I think Almost50 was kidding, but if not the answer is that you keep the results secret so scum don't know who to NK - otherwise all your clears get killed.
Seriously? They kill the clears and not the slot that declares them as clears? That's a new one.

= Oh, shit! He's a Cop. Should we kill him?
- Nope. We wait to see who he checks and then we shoot that person

Makes perfect sense, except... HE DIDN'T EVEN GET A CLEAR! He got a NO RESULT!
They either kill him or roleblock him. In this case he was roleblocked, since he got no result.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

the only reason i'm not on A50 right now is because i think he's the traitor and i want to find scum
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:28 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1655, House wrote:
So FYPOV scum!cookie messages scum!T3 to tell him how to crumb/fake a crumb to fae, then drops the ball on picking up the very information fae told him to put out?
i think if T3 and I were scum together, a more obvious play would simply be for T3 to claim a 'guilty' on me, and I claim mailman. although the problem with that is, the mailman part of my ability is confirmable (which at least probably makes it less likely I'm a mafia traitor). for what it's worth, i mainly targetted T3 last night because if T3's claim was legit, they would register a false positive on me.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:30 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1664, Save The Dragons wrote:the only reason i'm not on A50 right now is because i think he's the traitor and i want to find scum
hmm i made the point earlier that there is little reason to believe Almost50 couldn't simply be group-scum as opposed to traitor. Group-scum claiming bulletproof to get 'off the hook' is a predictable play for Almost50 here.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:32 am

Post by House »

groupscum in the same hood with traitor isn't impossible, and would make T3 incredibly valuable had all these claims not been shit all over the place.

cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:32 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1662, redtea wrote:i didnt wanna read the rest and wanted to hammer but t3's at e-3 now
Big "scum found opportunity to defend their partner vibes"
ill properly catch up later but from what ive read the a50 votes are garbage
definitely worth you having a good read through as those are not good takes given what has been happening and I think you were talking some sense until now!
TheZenMan
TheZenMan
Goon
TheZenMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:34 am

Post by TheZenMan »

In post 1666, cool cookie wrote:
In post 1664, Save The Dragons wrote:the only reason i'm not on A50 right now is because i think he's the traitor and i want to find scum
hmm i made the point earlier that there is little reason to believe Almost50 couldn't simply be group-scum as opposed to traitor. Group-scum claiming bulletproof to get 'off the hook' is a predictable play for Almost50 here.
I think it's way more likely that A50 is BP traitor. He claimed BP neighbor right away, which would just be his role minus the traitor part. He did this before even talking to me, so he didn't yet know I was a 1-shot BP neighbor.

Plus, I believe he tried to leave a breadcrumb for his scum partners that I was also BP when I had claimed VT and was trying to draw scum shot to me.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:35 am

Post by House »

In post 1669, TheZenMan wrote:Plus, I believe he tried to leave a breadcrumb for his scum partners that I was also BP when I had claimed VT and was trying to draw scum shot to me.
Where did this happen?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1663, TheZenMan wrote:They either kill him or roleblock him. In this case he was roleblocked, since he got no result.
Again: Why stall on a NO RESULT? What's the point? Scum already know if they blocked him, so why not say it outright?

And even more: THERE IS No ROLEBLOCKER IN THIS SETUP. There can't be. There's a Vig that can't shoot half the players list (
at least
half of it). You don't further cripple them by adding a Roleblocker, a Jalkeeper or a Doctor. And
assuming
T3 is Town, that's also a seriously nerfed role that doesn't ever be more burdened by the existence of a Roleblocker or a Rolestopper. The mist you could do to really really piss them off id to have ONE SLOT untargetable to them (Ascetic or Commuter), and that's really pushing it still.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:36 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1667, House wrote:groupscum in the same hood with traitor isn't impossible, and would make T3 incredibly valuable had all these claims not been shit all over the place.
nah I think it's just 1 scum in the neighbours. 2 scum neighbours with T3's role as town would be a pretty shitty thing for a Mod to do - although yes, potentially game-breakingly valuable if you are cynical. also, a groupscum in a hood with a traitor kinda makes the traitor redundant - because they are then ostensibly part of the scumteam with communication etc.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:39 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1669, TheZenMan wrote:
In post 1666, cool cookie wrote:
I think it's way more likely that A50 is BP traitor. He claimed BP neighbor right away, which would just be his role minus the traitor part. He did this before even talking to me, so he didn't yet know I was a 1-shot BP neighbor.

Plus, I believe he tried to leave a breadcrumb for his scum partners that I was also BP when I had claimed VT and was trying to draw scum shot to me.
ok that's interesting! are you sure he claimed BP before I outted the BP traitor publically?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

It's relevant cause aren't we suspecting there's scum in the hood because they both said they're 1-shot bp?
I prefer they, thanks :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”