Newbie 2079 | Open House | Game Over!!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 4.1

Not Voting (4): MargotRosa(0), RH9(0), CheekyTeeky(0),Prism(0)

With 4 alive it takes 3 to eliminate.

Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2021-10-18 22:08:56)

FLAVOR

You think you see something.... could just be nothing.
GeorgeBailey
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by RH9 »

Prism is Town.
VOTE: MargotRosa
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Do not eliminate
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

I made a post to copy and paste into the thread for the sake of speed, and I missed day break anyway :/
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by RH9 »

But CheekyTeeky and Prism are confirmed. I am Town Cop. So you're Mafia.

v/la every weekend

MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

I am jailkeeper.

I JKed RH9 last night to make sure something ridiculous wasn't going on (ie. RH9 was tracker) and the lack of a kill last night indicates I was right.

I JKed Prism n1, because I thought that Prism was most likely to be targeted d1. (I crumbed that I would do this in post .)

n2 is complicated, because I changed my strat after I found out connor was Scum, and in so doing ruined my planned crumbs (in which, unless I crumbed otherwise, whoever I parked on at the end of the day was who I jailed).

Side note: I cannot believe that noone made anything of the fact that I alone had parked my vote on the claimed investigative at the end of d2. I honestly thought at the time that this was too obvious a tell that I was doing something odd, and that I wanted people to pay attention to it. If you had noticed, then kudos, but given that noone stalled d3 long enough to find out about it, I doubt it.

I had started to put things together in my head during d2 (and tried to point this out in post ) because I felt like the post looked like someone affecting surprise at an elimination for precisely the situation I was worried I was finding myself in, in which I could not predict whatsoever who scum was targetting for night kill, and therefore could not properly protect whoever needed protecting. I wasn't sure though, especially given that JK/Tracker was a valid pairing, and it was possible they had misrepresented their role as Cop rather than Tracker (given that the former is potentially stronger). If they were holding to the Cop thing though, they must be a Mafia Goon (because otherwise it's an instant loss, with 2 PRs in every Tracker setup).

Was going to JK RH9 n2, which I had crumbed, but didn't.

In my head, I justified wanting to JK them because, in doing so, if they gave any read, it was clear that they were not a tracker (because JK prevents them from tracking), and if there was no kill, I had some juicy info to bring to Town (either they were targetted, or they were scum, and I would find out very quickly by getting them to clarify what their role was as soon as dawn broke.

I changed my mind, and decided to JK Prism when I discovered we had eliminated Scum d2. This was a bad call, which I will absolutely wear in the post game, but let's put that aside for a minute. In my head, I justified changing because of the following:
a) It was still possible that RH9 was misrepresenting being a Tracker, rather than a Cop. Therefore, we would have more info come the morning based on RH9's data if someone was killed
b) I still wanted to clear Prism. In my head, the prime suspects were, in order, RH9, catboi, Prism. We had two nights before elo.Therefore, by JKing Prism, if someone dies, they aren't scum. In addition, I doubted that scum who doesn't kill Prism n1 tries to target Prism n2.

Therefore, my overthinking meant that I figured I got more info from JKing Prism n2 than RH9. Which is true, but we also got a way more volatile game state.

When I logged on to see d3 had started and ended, I realised I'd made a bad call, because the whole play relied on getting to spell everything out d3, and I hadn't gotten the opportunity to say anything. Therefore, I finally made good on my d2 crumb and JKed RH9.

I did this because it achieved two things:

1 - If someone else got killed, RH9 wasn't scum. There was still a very unlikely possibility in my head that they might have been tracker and misunderstood the role PM, in which case we were a PR pair. THis would have made life pretty easy, because it would have had to be Cheeky, and it was just that she didn't move one night, or else RH9 had been roleblocked the night that Cheeky had been investigated. I also thought it basically impossible that a scum who isn't RH9 targets RH9 n3 but doesn't target RH9 n2. At any rate, the possibility of that happening was so remote, that the chance of that happening, and also of RH9 claiming investigative

2 - Noone got killed, which meant everyone would have hopefully been confused enough to put a stop to a fast d4, thereby giving me time to talk it all out.

Ask yourselves, honestly, does anything RH9 says he has done make any sense at all? Why on Earth does he investigate Taco n1? Why on Earth does he investigate Cheeky instead of me n2, when I am the only slot he has voted for all game?

The answer is that it makes zero sense. I am the jail keeper. RH9 is scum.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by RH9 »

I was not roleblocked. You are lying.

v/la every weekend

MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

I typed this in a manic panic when I saw what happened d3, so I hope the formatting is ok, and that everything makes sense
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

You were roleblocked. There are two possibilities.

1) You are scum, and you weren't able to kill bc you were jailed
2) You are Town, pretending to be cop (or actually Tracker?) , and you've kept the ruse up until d4 (incredibly unlikely)

VOTE: RH9
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Sorry, but if I am scum, I don't leave RH9 alive for d3, and I definitely kill RH9 for d4. In what universe does RH9 live past d2???
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Does anything that scum have done in this game make any sense coming from my slot? Literally ever??
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by RH9 »

I was trying to confirm my townreads. I had no scumreads, remember. I would live past d2 if the only person who tried to get me eliminated was Mafia.

v/la every weekend

MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Quite aside from anything else, in what universe do I put myself in a position where I have to convince you that a slot claiming a PR for two days who wasn't CCd at any point is scum, rather than nking RH9, and just trying to convince Cheeky that Prism is scum rather than me??
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Prism »

lmao

Well Cheeky

Perhaps you had a point

I'll tackle this later
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Prism »

...How is 361 a soft to target me? You were voting me and I was your last FoS
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 836, RH9 wrote:I was trying to confirm my townreads. I had no scumreads, remember. I would live past d2 if the only person who tried to get me eliminated was Mafia.
In post 689, RH9 wrote:
In post 686, catboi wrote:
In post 684, RH9 wrote:
In post 677, catboi wrote:
In post 675, RH9 wrote:My biggest worry so far is that I townread both CheekyTeeky and Prism. Self-voting is like so scummy and cross-voting is not right to me either. I would have wanted to vote camelCasedSnivy to see if CheekyTeeky is right about them being on the scum team, but then that would get me eliminated Day 3, and I don't want to get eliminated or NKed, as a matter of fact. So I'll just wait for somebody else to vote before voting.
...why do you find cheeky's arguments for camel being scum convincing?
I just found it that if camelCasedSnivy or me both flip Town, CheekyTeeky's going to lose credibility but so would MargotRosa if I flip Town.
You have expressed a townread on cheekyteeky and a willingness to follow her and I'm not sure I understand why.
To be fair, the main problem for me is that CheekyTeeky's reaction to my Day 1 activities was so towny that the only thing she did to dampen this feeling is stating that camelCasedSnivy is Mafia with me. But then, I really want to know if MargotRosa is Mafia. This means that I'm going to vote the person who I townread the least. VOTE: MargotRosa
In post 719, RH9 wrote:Actually, VOTE: MargotRosa again because I heard that appeals to emotion are scummy. The Wiki states that this is utilised by Mafia to manipulate us.
In post 720, RH9 wrote:Guilt by association is another example of a logical fallacy, as is my appeal to authority.
In post 734, RH9 wrote:I think I'll UNVOTE: MargotRosa if that makes her happier.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Prism »

The last post, is literally about me being scum. It'd make sense if this were an offensive role lock but you're claiming it was protective
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 839, Prism wrote:...How is 361 a soft to target me? You were voting me and I was your last FoS
At this point in the game, I was voting to eliminate you. I worked out that, given how wagons seemed to be going in this game, I'd be safe to just indicate who I was going to jail by making sure that I had jailed them (and had some vague ideas to change my vote after e-0 had been reached if I needed to)

In 361, I said that my vote is "staying put". Which you were. That's literally how JK works. If you were scum, it would prevent you from NKing, because you'd be staying put. In prison

So I could say, when I revealed I was JK, that I had crumbed not only my role, but what I'd do each night.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Prism »

Let me be more specific: Why was I simultaneously your top scumread and top choice to
protect
?
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

The point was that I was going to jail you irrespective. Like, if you are scum d1, jailing you means I either prevent a NK, or prevent scum PR depending on whether you were goon or PR (and assuming we weren't in the column 3 setup)
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

It made sense to me either way
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Prism »

Will revisit when I am home but if RH9 is mafia I literally threw away autowin yesterday so you can blame me if we lose lol
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by RH9 »

No, Prism. You didn't. I did. I should have investigated MargotRosa instead of CheekyTeeky.

v/la every weekend

MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

But also, why do I vote for RH9, and park my vote there, despite the role claim, until the end of d2, unless I am crumbing JK night action (which I stupidly didn't follow through on)
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by RH9 »

You can blame me if we lose. I didn't claim until Day 3.

v/la every weekend

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”