Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:22 am

Post by Saber »

In post 2463, unwnd wrote:My cakez read is not that he's in catchup mode. I'm not sure how that thought was lost in translation.

I was in the car thinking about how you think I'm theatrical Saber. In what way would that determine a read on me? My short answer remains but I'm pretty sure I just like to write. I lean into prose because that's what makes mafia fun to me. Thinking about concepts and wording and such. I'm capable of faking it as scum to my own credit.
Theatrical as in the motive I read behind certain things you post are to make you appear more like a contestant, you're putting in a lot of effort to appear transparent, like how you went through a whole progression on your Dunnstral read without any new Dunnatral content coming in and changing your opinion of him.
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:27 am

Post by Saber »

Lot more to read through which I'll get to soon.

For now: Gamma, what are your issues with me? As far as I can remember, it's because you disliked how I changed my opinion on you, but a lot of players saw the exact same things I did? Your contestant spew during the execution decision was the number 1 reason many including myself changed our minds, so I'm not sure why you're honing in on my progession being suspicious.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’ll get into my actual issue in a second, but tbh I’m mostly just trying to allow unwnd to have a fair chance at a flip he wants rn
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:24 am

Post by petapan »

In post 2675, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2673, Ydrasse wrote:this is how i feel right now

Spoiler:
ydra is town
do you know she posted that gif as scum to get a wagon off her on day 1 in team mafia

that was on my mind in how i was reading her outburst last night but while i think the, uh, passion or whatever is null the way she's going about it feels more real, in terms of the indignation at how unwnd is approaching her, and it's calling on specific things being said rather than just using emotion purely as a way of getting heat off her
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:26 am

Post by petapan »

In post 2689, Ydrasse wrote:like i'm not agitated on a personal level i hope you know

i'm baffled and annoyed because i really, genuinely think you though i would roll over and die and the ways you kept trying to set it all up would be ignored or glossed over because... well, i wouldn't challenge you on it.

because i hadn't done it elsewhere, because like, fuck, everyone else voting me? i get it

but you were just doing it so obviously that i'm not gonna take the fake hand wringing lmao
like, this. not the gif
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:34 am

Post by petapan »

In post 2688, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2668, petapan wrote:i also greatly dislike any suggestion that infinity would be a worthy elim
i feel like i've asked you this before but you seem to be pretty solidly townreading me and i'm not sure why
i waver back and forth but lean more toward you being genuine in terms of how you've been approaching the gae with the reads and votes you've made. i didn't agree with the gypyx vote but it made
sense
from a town-you perspective. it did not feel like a vote that was made tactically

mostly i think the reasons suggested for scumreading you are not very good, yet i keep seeing your name thrown out as sort of an ambient suggestion where it's being said you're not doing much or whatever and it feels a bit like there's some amount of people wanting to ingrain the idea of you being scummy without a case that makes much sense to me
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:54 am

Post by petapan »

In post 2686, unwnd wrote:The moment I choose not to get emotional (e.g my apparent scumtell) and I have peta/Skitter/You all clamoring that I'm backed into a corner and just saying stuff.

Cool.
me voting you has nothing to do with you being emotional or not (which, this post is AtE), and everything to do with the words you've been putting out and the way you're approaching the game

when you came into the game i wanted to give you space to catch up and get reads if you're town and what you've put out hasn't given me reason to believe you're town
In post 2711, unwnd wrote:I mention 'hey what about Cakez/Saber they're scummy'

I get feedback of 'nah don't agree' from most people. I think I would still want those two? But I'm
literally
not in a position to be calling shots like that and I'm not egotistic enough to believe I am. I went to Infinity/You as a secondary because you were a topic I wanted more focus on and I do have gut reasons to not really like Infinity. Maybe it's my bad the way I startled you but damn. If my words are coming off ineffective I will try my best to pool everything together and start over.
i mentioned vague but not strong disagreement after a very fast ISO skim, other people just seemed kind of meh at the idea, i don't think anyone is settled in their views

if you are town the point is to use your words to get across why these players are scummy. make a case.

i know you are more than capable of this. instead you're lamenting how the world is being unfair to you

i don't want to hear it, if you actually believe this stuff then communicate it to us
free crypto
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:59 am

Post by Saber »

In post 2753, ulyana wrote:
In post 2737, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2603, ulyana wrote:like it felt like lights were off and i could relate to that
Can you clarify what “lights were off” means?
it is like,

sometimes i am very excited for a game almost always if i sign up and stay signed up i am very much excited to be playing it

but then the game starts and i flip the switch to turn on the lights and the lights do not come on

and it feels like i can't make sense of anything and all of my thoughts are like 'yup they are a player in this game'

and then others are like 'she must be a scums!' or worse they are like why don't you just try flipping that switch again it's right there and i am like that's not how lights work
Maybe the solution is to light a candle and once you become comfortable with the candlelight, to kindle a cozy campfire to increase the luminosity in stages.

And then you can light fire to the world and truly open your eyes.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1918, Saber wrote:It was less about it being tactical, and more about it feeling unnatural.
My issue rn kinda lies with this comment. I feel like it’s a bit revisionist history given pushing me is no longer the in mode thing to do. Before this I distinctly recall you saying when I was switching things up it felt to you like I was scum seeing my current approach wasn’t working and trying something new. That is essentially being tactical about switching up my play. And yet you nitpick my word choice like this, it feels incredibly concerning, like you’re trying to detach yourself from the push on me you had before.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:06 am

Post by Saber »

Reading Ydrasse as a contestant because most of her frustration seems to stem from the fact that she's outraged that stagehand-unwnd thought she would be an easy misexecution to push this game because she's apathetic. Her pushing back at that and righteously stating 'she won't be rolled over' and 'you picked the wrong person to pick a fight with' comes from a really contestant perspective.
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:09 am

Post by Saber »

In post 2858, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1918, Saber wrote:It was less about it being tactical, and more about it feeling unnatural.
My issue rn kinda lies with this comment. I feel like it’s a bit revisionist history given pushing me is no longer the in mode thing to do. Before this I distinctly recall you saying when I was switching things up it felt to you like I was scum seeing my current approach wasn’t working and trying something new. That is essentially being tactical about switching up my play. And yet you nitpick my word choice like this, it feels incredibly concerning, like you’re trying to detach yourself from the push on me you had before.
Yes, it was both. My point was that your shifts in attitude seemed unnatural, which is the main way to tell whether they're from a stagehand or contestant. It can only be theorised whether they're actually tactical because they didn't even go well for you. For example, your acting like a jester and then turning on Prism only seemed to attract more heat on you, so saying it's a stagehand tactic is iffy since you'd be actively pursuing bad tactics. I'd prefer to look at whether it was actually natural for you start acting those ways when you did.
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:15 am

Post by Saber »

In post 2767, Taly wrote:
Uly
is void of scum motivation. I feel she would have trapped herself by now. She seems to be closer to a stream of consciousness type player and the rabbit holes she digs herself in do not feel fluffy because it is genuine.
I feel dumb for saying it but I unironically think she's a contestant for all the 'mmmmmmmm's and instantaneous reactions she puts in the thread to posts that make her think. It's an easily fakeable thing but something I don't think stagehands normally think to fake, since it does little to actually make them look like a contestant.
In post 2776, Taly wrote:Oh, what the hell.

VOTE: Cakez

The two-ended admission of bussing is very on the nose.

Plus my self-vote is at best distracting with less payoff the longer it is on.
Drunk Cakez's posting is funny and that's all I got.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:16 am

Post by petapan »

In post 2763, Taly wrote:
Peta's
latest reply to me was sound, though.
In post 2794, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2776, Taly wrote:Oh, what the hell.

VOTE: Cakez

The two-ended admission of bussing is very on the nose.

Plus my self-vote is at best distracting with less payoff the longer it is on.
?
I thought he was p townie tonight
having actually gone over the body of work rather than taking a snipe at the one post on infinity, i would generally agree with this and feel the way he was catching up and commenting on stuff didn't feel like he was BSing. the response to unwnd is probably not how he responds to pressure as scum although i want to do some homework on that
In post 2801, skitter30 wrote:I felt his mortal-kombat reaction just now doesnt come from scum-him
Dunn wouod also be a good vote
i have felt like the bite dunn has had is town-indicative but probably not worth shielding at this point
free crypto
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Saber »

I feel sorta bad for unwnd because he's repped into a tough position and I think his frustration is genuine, but regardless I think he's a stagehand.

During his interaction with Ydrasse, he starts of by implying she would be a good candidate for the duel:
In post 2625, unwnd wrote:I have zero clue why you believe I'm scum

Last time we talked I was again towny

And it's not like you have your own data besides the one game we were scum together?
In post 2630, unwnd wrote:
In post 2617, ulyana wrote:
In post 2611, unwnd wrote:You give me a flip I want and you'll see that more
it hard to give to this because what i already laid out like you have to be TOWN upfront and the flip you want has to be NOT TOWN
I would like Infinity/Ydra
But once Ydrasse fights back with this vote and posts beyond it:
In post 2633, Ydrasse wrote:VOTE: unwnd

Simply Perish
unwnd's tone seems to change, he's trying to diffuse the situation and claiming he was extending an olive branch:
In post 2655, unwnd wrote:I'm not setting you up for anything, I literally am giving you olive branches
In post 2661, unwnd wrote:
In post 2650, Ydrasse wrote:like you keep asking me like 'am i bussing then?' 'don't you usually do this?' 'i thought you just had this experience with me?'

and it's smug inane bullshit to distract from the fact you're trying to push me out with infinity because you think there's ~1 scum between us~ though there's literally like, nothing to actually support that other than you throwing out an arbitrary pairing
I haven't been here and this is like the first interaction that wasn't just 'i am demotivated' that I can latch onto. The vigor against me is slightly unpleasant but if you're awake now then I'm fine with it. I want to understand how Infinity flipping scum would affect your worldview. It's a genuine question.
I think the switch in attitude from seeing Ydrasse as someone he can push into the duel to backing off once she starts pushing him back is stagehand-indicative.
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:35 am

Post by Saber »

In post 2744, unwnd wrote:Actually yeah

VOTE: Saber

I will get absolutely no support on this but don't care
See, the problem with this vote is that I don't think unwnd truly believes in it at all.

I've CTRFed my name in his ISO, and I could not find a single reason for why he thinks I'm a stagehand outside of me pinging him or gut:
In post 2432, unwnd wrote:My two reads I've talked about at the hypothetical bottom are still present just not associative. Cakez is individually scummy and
I think Saber pinged the shit out of me
In post 2208, unwnd wrote:Ceph/Me/Myself (lol)

Leaves Saber/Ulyana/Dunn/Ydra/Taly/Cakez

Not going to sit here and say that those 5 should definitively contain a lot of scum, but I would bet two. If my points seem obvious it's because this is the angle I'm choosing to get myself into the game. My readrate is Ydra is laughably bad so maybe she'll see my replacement and see me as a free pocket.
I remember not liking Saber tonally?
Dunn I think I can figure out if given enough time. Cakez let me ISO him. I am also going to be playing at my full potential and just lumbering around. My passion for writing stuff that nobody will read has been stirred in me once again!
That's everything I could find.

If a contestant unwnd truly thinks I'm a stagehand and wants to kill me, he should be giving something,
anything
, to actually convince players why I'm a stagehand and to show his thought process. He's clearly putting in a lot of effort so if his aim is to actually vote out stagehands and show himself as a contestant, it doesn't line up with how much time he's actually dedicated to casing his apparent number 1 choice in myself.

I think this vote and his whole approach towards me is an attempt from him to show he isn't being survivalistic going for an easier option, and instead pushing something that's unpopular.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:45 am

Post by petapan »

yeah, nvm, cakez's response to unwnd last night is in total null territory (citation: warehouse 13), townreads for it are bad

i think the solving feels maybe genuine there but not confident at all
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:03 am

Post by petapan »

In post 2756, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2753, ulyana wrote:
In post 2737, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2603, ulyana wrote:like it felt like lights were off and i could relate to that
Can you clarify what “lights were off” means?
it is like,

sometimes i am very excited for a game almost always if i sign up and stay signed up i am very much excited to be playing it

but then the game starts and i flip the switch to turn on the lights and the lights do not come on

and it feels like i can't make sense of anything and all of my thoughts are like 'yup they are a player in this game'

and then others are like 'she must be a scums!' or worse they are like why don't you just try flipping that switch again it's right there and i am like that's not how lights work
Well it feels like we have been talking in circles for several 10's of pages
In post 2825, Morning Tweet wrote:Not Voting [3]: ulyana, Dunnstral, Infinity 324
dude

cmon
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2859, Saber wrote:Reading Ydrasse as a contestant because most of her frustration seems to stem from the fact that she's outraged that stagehand-unwnd thought she would be an easy misexecution to push this game because she's apathetic. Her pushing back at that and righteously stating 'she won't be rolled over' and 'you picked the wrong person to pick a fight with' comes from a really contestant perspective.
scumpost imo, putting effort into something that's kind of obvious and doesn't really need to be explained

VOTE: saber
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:15 am

Post by ulyana »

unwnd still at e-1 and infinity moving the default second duelist off herself onto saber
j'aurai disparu
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:18 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 2868, ulyana wrote:unwnd still at e-1 and infinity moving the default second duelist off herself onto saber
without like, consideration to everything that made almost no sense that moved the second duelist from toogeloo to infinity in the first place?
j'aurai disparu
Saber
Saber
Goon
Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:19 am

Post by Saber »

In post 2867, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2859, Saber wrote:Reading Ydrasse as a contestant because most of her frustration seems to stem from the fact that she's outraged that stagehand-unwnd thought she would be an easy misexecution to push this game because she's apathetic. Her pushing back at that and righteously stating 'she won't be rolled over' and 'you picked the wrong person to pick a fight with' comes from a really contestant perspective.
scumpost imo, putting effort into something that's kind of obvious and doesn't really need to be explained

VOTE: saber
Something that's obvious to you may not be obvious to everyone else, frustration isn't always contestant-indicative.

Do you have any thoughts on what I said on unwnd?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:20 am

Post by petapan »

VOTE: sircakez

taly get back here

In post 2763, Taly wrote:
Peta's
latest reply to me was sound, though.
i just want to say, i appreciate you this game, as the only person on the playerlist i had no familiarity with you've been a delight, and i'm sorry if my earlier aggression was offputting (i know it was...probably uncharitable to galron and unfortunate. but some of that is that this is a game where not everything people say can be taken at face value)

i do not want you to feel like you are frozen out this game because i hate when that happens to me as town

and i feel as though you are quite likely to be town and if it's possible i want to reconcile the issues you have with me and see if we can work things out
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2868, ulyana wrote:unwnd still at e-1 and infinity moving the default second duelist off herself onto saber
wasn't dunn the second duelist?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:21 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 2872, Infinity 324 wrote:
wasn't dunn the second duelist?
yup taly voted at daystart
j'aurai disparu
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:22 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2870, Saber wrote:Do you have any thoughts on what I said on unwnd?
no, it doesn't do anything for me and i'll think about it more if there's a chance unwnd doesn't get in the duel

PEdit: i'm confused what you're getting at then
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”