- Mathblade

Not voting (4)
: Dragon of the West, Nero Cain, Andresvmb, ssbm_Kyouko

It takes
votes to eliminate.

Mod Notes:

Deadline
: (expired on 2021-10-19 22:40:40)
I wanna hear from Titus DoTW and Andres.
Nothing has changed.
You’re still arguing DoTW scum despite me saying the message from DoTW requires coaching from someone who knew the Shadowrun game which fypov shouldn’t be possible?
I don't get it.
DoTW is showing too much originality and forethought into the messages to be scum. In Shadowrun I did similar with my messages and milked it for all it was worth. DoTW doesn’t seem to be doing the same here. There’s no Lamisting just working with people. I don’t see DoTW as scum.

I don’t see you as scum either.

So Kerset/Kyo seems the right move then if a kill still happens then scum had a PR
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5076 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Titus »

Even if you disagree with DotW being scum (I feel like he's manipulating the gamestate to his liking, particularly when A50 can't out what he sent), then it doesn't follow to eliminate in the VTs at all.

It would logically follow to eliminate DGB.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5077 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5076, Titus wrote:Even if you disagree with DotW being scum (I feel like he's manipulating the gamestate to his liking, particularly when A50 can't out what he sent), then it doesn't follow to eliminate in the VTs at all.

It would logically follow to eliminate DGB.
But I can out what he sent to A50. So yeah I have like no interest in DoTW. I elim you if it’s a you v DoTW but I think you’re both town.

DGB is a “meh” have to elim but I much prefer VTs.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #5078 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:22 pm

Post by Kerset »

So Titus you think that your role has 2 scum and between two~four townies, which can't be checked? Also got novice for some reason?
giv me pagetop :(
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5079 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:00 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 5078, Kerset wrote:So Titus you think that your role has 2 scum and between two~four townies, which can't be checked? Also got novice for some reason?
That has been on my mind.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5080 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:16 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 5028, Dragon of the West wrote:@Nero or I guess anyone else who agrees with the 5 VT setup spec - what about 5 VTs makes so much sense in the case of this game? Is 5 PRs and 5 VTs for town just super common and balanced? Or is there something about this game that makes that amount more likely?
I don't really want to out my thought process here yet but I'd like this answered
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5081 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:18 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

A50 NK'd... and not MathBlade...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5082 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:20 am

In post 5057, DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't think that is what's going on. It's a brain fart of the kind that scum is unlikely to do.
I usually don't give any credence to dumb tells, but unless this is a traitor game I think that's a real townslip from Kyo...and I don't think this is a traitor game
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5083 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:24 am

In post 5069, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:No result is as good as guilty in that situation
Because of this, I'm not sure if CSF was trying to protect someone from being rolecopped or just buy another day.

This ties into my 5 VT paranoia
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5084 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5081, DrippingGoofball wrote:A50 NK'd... and not MathBlade...
Which lends to me being town. If scum shoot me they instantly reveal I am useful and scum in the VTs.

If I am scum then scum don’t need a rolecop voyeur.
Titus as claimed is not a threat until N2 and enough fake guilties to be dodged.
DoTW as claimed is not a threat.
Ythan is one shot.

The only semi sorta threat in that list is House and a vig if one even exists. Hell I am thinking a vig shot CSF and claimed VT.

But I think without scum being in the VTs my role just isn’t a thing a mod puts in.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5085 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5082, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 5057, DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't think that is what's going on. It's a brain fart of the kind that scum is unlikely to do.
I usually don't give any credence to dumb tells, but unless this is a traitor game I think that's a real townslip from Kyo...and I don't think this is a traitor game
Thank you for answering my question
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5086 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Kerset
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5087 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:39 am

In post 4912, Almost50 wrote:
OK.. sharing the plan without the code works for me..

He was mainly asking if it's worth giving each of us a code number (ex: #4 would be me) and then message the PRs with it (but wanted my feedback on who's Scum to avoid letting them in). PRs then would crumb their target using that code.
That way -say- if Math died while he was supposedly blocking Kerset we know Kerset didn't do it.

The upside is Scum can't tell if Math was on them, so can't try a No-Kill gambit, nor can they avoid shooting Math's target. The downside is there's still a none-zero chance the last Scum isn't Vanilla, but has claimed to be, so Math's block isn't a guilty (but a lack of a NK is still likely an innocent check on the target)

And before anyone thinks "DotW is SCUM and wants to know who Math would be targeting to work around that" I ask you this: Why waste a night asking for a claimed VT advice before he messages Math?? And even assuming 2 Scums alive (very doubtful, but still a none-zero chance) why won't he message Titus before me?

So, the very fact that he decided to delay the plan and ask for advice from me clears him, because TODAY he still doesn't get any info, because none of the living PRs knows what number would be assigned to their target.
@Titus - if you were paying any attention at all rather than blindly tunneling without a case, you'd see A50 ALREADY SAID what I messaged him. The only detail he didn't include is the number assignments for obvious reasons.

Math can choose whether he wants to use the numbers, announce in thread like yesterday, tell DGB in the hood PT, or any combination of those. And if town!Math, using some combination of those frankly gives him and town the best chance to coordinate and potentially catch scum. Scum can't kill Math, DGB, myself, and the person I message tonight all at once
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5088 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:47 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5087, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 4912, Almost50 wrote:
OK.. sharing the plan without the code works for me..

He was mainly asking if it's worth giving each of us a code number (ex: #4 would be me) and then message the PRs with it (but wanted my feedback on who's Scum to avoid letting them in). PRs then would crumb their target using that code.
That way -say- if Math died while he was supposedly blocking Kerset we know Kerset didn't do it.

The upside is Scum can't tell if Math was on them, so can't try a No-Kill gambit, nor can they avoid shooting Math's target. The downside is there's still a none-zero chance the last Scum isn't Vanilla, but has claimed to be, so Math's block isn't a guilty (but a lack of a NK is still likely an innocent check on the target)

And before anyone thinks "DotW is SCUM and wants to know who Math would be targeting to work around that" I ask you this: Why waste a night asking for a claimed VT advice before he messages Math?? And even assuming 2 Scums alive (very doubtful, but still a none-zero chance) why won't he message Titus before me?

So, the very fact that he decided to delay the plan and ask for advice from me clears him, because TODAY he still doesn't get any info, because none of the living PRs knows what number would be assigned to their target.
@Titus - if you were paying any attention at all rather than blindly tunneling without a case, you'd see A50 ALREADY SAID what I messaged him. The only detail he didn't include is the number assignments for obvious reasons.

Math can choose whether he wants to use the numbers, announce in thread like yesterday, tell DGB in the hood PT, or any combination of those. And if town!Math, using some combination of those frankly gives him and town the best chance to coordinate and potentially catch scum. Scum can't kill Math, DGB, myself, and the person I message tonight all at once
I pretty much said you came up with a Shadowrun system which meant a code for who does what when which I did with Jailkeeper/doctor with Frozen Angel years ago. I think it’s too try hardy to be scum. I have already said what I am doing openly. If we disagree and elim a PR I will give DGB only a two digit number. Then DoTW will be able to decode it as I am one number and the other my target and it’s not the player list.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5089 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

DGB if scum then has to give the number honestly or out itself or shoot you. Which means I just out it the next day.

So I think elim Kerset block Kyo to be sure wins the game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5090 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:33 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5078, Kerset wrote:So Titus you think that your role has 2 scum and between two~four townies, which can't be checked? Also got novice for some reason?
In post 5079, DrippingGoofball wrote:
This is why I want to eliminate in the people I cannot check.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5091 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:43 am

Math - are you cool with me messaging the list to 2?

I'm now kicking myself for not making the code multiple digits or more complex lol
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5092 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:54 am

Post by Titus »

I still don't get the point of a code. No one doubts DotW is a mailman. There's no unclaimed to keep hidden.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5093 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5090, Titus wrote:
In post 5079, DrippingGoofball wrote:
This is why I want to eliminate in the people I cannot check.
Isn’t that everyone? *confused*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5094 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:11 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5091, Dragon of the West wrote:Math - are you cool with me messaging the list to 2?

I'm now kicking myself for not making the code multiple digits or more complex lol
Yep. I am cool with it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5095 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:31 am

In post 5084, MathBlade wrote:Which lends to me being town. If scum shoot me they instantly reveal I am useful and scum in the VTs.
This is a little shortsighted, I feel. If scum don't shoot town!you, it could be because they're a PR fake claiming VT and they're eagerly awaiting their "clear". It's also why I'm paranoid that CSF was baiting rolecop to remove a fakeclaimed VTs ability to get caught
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5096 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

If I was wrong scum would agree and nuzzle up and go “Yeah sure”

They aren’t. It’s been fighting each day.

Anything scum don’t want I do.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #5097 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:43 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 5084, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5081, DrippingGoofball wrote:A50 NK'd... and not MathBlade...
Which lends to me being town.
and Math being nightkilled would lend towards him being scum. #MathLogic
giv me pagetop :(
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5098 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:45 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 5092, Titus wrote:I still don't get the point of a code. No one doubts DotW is a mailman. There's no unclaimed to keep hidden.
It allows Math to crumb targets via the code without having to rely on DGB's honesty in the event of Math's death. I think right now only Math and DotW know the code - I was worried about, what if Math dies, DotW can say the numbers mean anything he wants, but as long as he keeps sending the code to someone new every night until Math dies (at which point the code is kinda useless), it's fine. If he doesn't send the code to someone new one night and Math dies it gets sus.

I'm wary of DotW putting stock in my memory lapse as a townslip because I feel like scum are more likely to take that at face value. But idk if holistically he seems scummy. I feel like if I don't step up and solve I just never die and I stay somewhat lost in this game. I think the mech spec is getting to me here a bit too much and I've long since lost sight of the forest. Do we actually have cases on anyone at this point or is it mostly "there's 5 PRs, we should lim in the PRs" vs "there's 6 PRs, we should lim in the VTs"?
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5099 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:47 am

In post 5096, MathBlade wrote:If I was wrong scum would agree and nuzzle up and go “Yeah sure”

They aren’t. It’s been fighting each day.

Anything scum don’t want I do.
Well you're still proposing scum in VTs, which under my scenario they wouldn't like. They would never nuzzle up to that if they could focus lims in the PRs AND get you to "clear" them.

But this is exactly why I want to understand what's so common about 5 VTs; I have such little experience with setup spec I have no idea how confident I should be that there'd definitely be 5 VTs in a game like this or if my paranoia is warranted at all

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”