Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1698, imaginality wrote:
In post 1667, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 604, Save The Dragons wrote:
4 Wisdom (House, Taly, the worst, imaginality)
More food for thought. A Bingle/me team would require believing that this was all town.

But I think it makes sense with Bingle/imaginality knowing that a few townies (Alisae, Taly) were going to be pushing Wisdom and they could hop on afterward.

And I do kinda feel that Wisdom being made the 8-ball implies that the two people who voted him the day before were probably both town? Like a Bingle/imagine team could count on at least those two, and it's easy for imagine to set up a vote on him, and then go from there. But a Bingle/Alisae team would have to keep people off of Alisae and they'd have only Bingle to help with that.
Your version means both scum being on the 8-ball wagon which seems kind of risky to me (doubly so with the way Bingle joined it, triply so with them night killing someone who was on the wagon). Choosing a 8-ball they could have hopes town would push for them seems a smarter option.
Wisdom was pushed by taly/ali, no?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1695, Morning Tweet wrote:Hiraki and the worst began D2 voting for Alisae. However, scum was banking on people thinking that "Ali is too obvious we can't kill them scum might have 8-balled them". Scum wanted to see Ali/Taly/possibly imagine vote Wisdom. So therefore it's odd for scum to try and start traction on Ali immediately at the start of the day. Do I get this right?
Yes, but I think even more than that, scum just weren't interested in an Ali wagon. Because if they were, going for one seems like the cleanest way to get an 8-ball off without looking sus for pushing it (because the wagon had so much support).

Or perhaps more accurately, they didn't expect a big Ali wagon to pop up at the start of the day. If scum came out the gate voting him, I'd think they would do that because they would expect the wagon to get big rapidly.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:14 am

Post by imaginality »

More food for thought. A Bingle/me team would require believing that this was all town.

But I think it makes sense with Bingle/imaginality knowing that a few townies (Alisae, Taly) were going to be pushing Wisdom and they could hop on afterward.

And I do kinda feel that Wisdom being made the 8-ball implies that the two people who voted him the day before were probably both town? Like a Bingle/imagine team could count on at least those two, and it's easy for imagine to set up a vote on him, and then go from there. But a Bingle/Alisae team would have to keep people off of Alisae and they'd have only Bingle to help with that.
In post 1696, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1694, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1692, Morning Tweet wrote:Something I just noticed, I made a mistake in my response to this. I wasn't assuming Bingle was town. I was assuming Bingle was 8-ball. Does SS!scum try to shut down Bingle's wagon..? Imagine mentions in this post that he preferred Bingle.
For what it's worth, I think the only world where me/Bingle makes any sense is if I have zero faith in my abilities upon replacing in and 8-ball myself D3. That explains why I shield Bingle behind WIFOM and also why I don't push tw. (I'd want myself to go down first, have my flip implicate tw, and then 8-ball him to win the next day.)

I think in that world I probably don't make the sequence starting with , which is pretty blatantly motivated by self-preservation.
That is definitely a simpler explanation than "We 8!ball Bingle but have no intention of actually flipping him, we just 8-ball him in the hopes it becomes obvious he was 8-ball and it outwifoms morning during Xylo"
I think this is one of those 'truth with a splash of lie' posts because the 8-ball logic seems plausible but I don't see the self preservation posts as incompatible with that. Going down too easily would seem suspicious particularly if we ended up limming Bingle before you (either that day or today).
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:17 am

Oh come on do you seriously think I would give away my entire master plan like that completely unprompted

I would be shitting bricks posting that if that had
actually
been my plan and it fell through
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:36 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1691, Morning Tweet wrote:
I can entertain both of your plays coming from scum. I agree imagine is more of an uptight game -- and he tends to have reads that can be agreeable to any gamestate.

So you're both laid-back scum, but imagine's more of a floaty kind that plays every side for the most part --
Disagree with this description of my play on two counts:

1. Most of D1 and D2 I was focused on Wisdom and Ali and not splashing suspicion around
2. Today I'm not keeping House as an option whereas SS is.

That leaves yesterday where I'd just seen my main suspect flip 8-ball and had realised I was also wrong on Ali/House so, you know, that 'I've been wrong twice' kind of lowered my certainty on my reads that day.*

I'd agree floaty is scummy if it was an all game behaviour but in context I don't see that you can

*for avoidance of confusion 'lowered my certainty' = 'made me less certain'
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:40 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1703, Something_Smart wrote:Oh come on do you seriously think I would give away my entire master plan like that completely unprompted

I would be shitting bricks posting that if that had
actually
been my plan and it fell through
Revealing it now costs you nothing. In fact it's useful to you since you're revealing it to justify your self defence from 1250 onwards as town as "how does that fit with this plan".

You don't seem like someone who shits bricks under pressure as scum. You were rational like this and nearly won for scum even after Gamma and Kitty had been caught in Owner's Market Blitz.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:40 am

Post by imaginality »

(First quote there not relevant)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:41 am

In post 1704, imaginality wrote:2. Today I'm not keeping House as an option whereas SS is.
I would imagine you think this works in your favor, but it doesn't. Your wincon is for me to die before you. Mine, if scum, would be the reverse. House is unlikely to be a viable mislim from a me/Bingle team perspective, since we'd have to convince either you or MT, neither of whom are especially forthcoming. So there's no advantage to it, and potential disadvantage.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:44 am

In post 1705, imaginality wrote:Revealing it now costs you nothing.
Maybe true, maybe not, but how would I know as scum? How would I know that MT wouldn't go back and realize how much sense it made?

For what it's worth, I have deliberately done something kinda like what you're describing, where I make a plan as scum that banks on X, then I push against X and hope it happens anyway. (My learned helplessness works to my advantage in this case.) But I wouldn't then explicitly point out "look, here's what my big plan probably was, and see how I pushed against it!" because that would ruin any towncred I could expect from it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:47 am

In post 1705, imaginality wrote:You don't seem like someone who shits bricks under pressure as scum. You were rational like this and nearly won for scum even after Gamma and Kitty had been caught in Owner's Market Blitz.
Well, that was kind of a special case, because the logic used to push me was genuinely asinine pretty much across the board, and all my arguments were basically legitimate.

But, you are right that I don't let it show. Of course I wouldn't, because I get way more stressed under pressure as scum than as town, so showing it would make it obvious. But trust me, it's there.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:48 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1689, Morning Tweet wrote:I hate how I can't settle on a read. I feel like I throw out everything I was thinking about the game every single time I open it.

Imagine, are you still entertaining House!scum? I know you werent sure start of day
I had the usual 'what if I'm wrong about Everyone?' x-lo paranoia going into today but that died down pretty quickly. In a sentence: No way House calls me town yesterday if he is scum, plus the 'woe is me' stuff reads entirely genuine not playacting, plus he's made basically no attempt to direct your reads which I think play-acting scum would do.
In post 1679, Morning Tweet wrote:I'm pretty sold on the idea Bingle!scum had the 8-ball for safety reasons yesterday. Would explain why there wasn't really much attempt to push there from anyone.

Really it's just down to, is imagine or is SS scum
I agree. In fact I'm sure enough that House is town and SS is scum trying to keep House open for a potential mislim tomorrow that I'm going to 1v1 this right now.

VOTE: Something_Smart
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:51 am

In post 1710, imaginality wrote:In fact I'm sure enough that House is town and SS is scum trying to keep House open for a potential mislim tomorrow that I'm going to 1v1 this right now.
Wait, so what exactly do you think my plan is?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Vote Count 4.4

1 Something_Smart (imaginality)

Not voting: Bingle, House, Something_Smart, Morning Tweet

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to yeet

D4 ends at (expired on 2021-10-16 13:26:20)
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:02 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1711, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1710, imaginality wrote:In fact I'm sure enough that House is town and SS is scum trying to keep House open for a potential mislim tomorrow that I'm going to 1v1 this right now.
Wait, so what exactly do you think my plan is?
Expecting Bingle to go down today so preparing to win with either House or me tomorrow.
Obviously if you get me mislimmed today all the better
But I don't think you see House as a viable push today but you're doing groundwork in case there's a tomorrow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:04 am

Why would I ever try to win by getting you to vote House? Why would me keeping House in the execution pool make you more inclined to vote him, when you know either he's scum or I am?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:07 am

Post by imaginality »

Because it would be more likely I'd reconsider him than that I'd reconsider MT.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:08 am

Post by imaginality »

(in the scenario that you NK MT)
I suppose really bold scum could also NK me and hope to wifom MT about House. Not sure I'd go for something that risky but maybe you would.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 am

Post by imaginality »

Regardless, now it's simpler, either we lim you today and then get your buddy Bingle tomorrow or we lim me and lose.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:13 am

In post 1715, imaginality wrote:Because it would be more likely I'd reconsider him than that I'd reconsider MT.
Why would I care about you reconsidering at all, why wouldn't I just try to kill
you
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:16 am

Post by imaginality »

I think it's less likely MT reconsiders about House than me? But obviously your views on that might differ.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:20 am

I don't mean NK you, I mean execute you. That is very self-evidently my game plan, regardless of my alignment.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:23 am

Post by imaginality »

That is what you're trying to do. Today.

If Bingle's 8-ball I think tomorrow you were hoping to have two outs: convince House about me or convince me about House. More chance you win than if you can only play the first side of that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:32 am

Right because it wouldn't look suspicious at all if I was like "so I think imaginality is probably scum, I've had him paired with Bingle since I replaced in, buuuut I think House could also be scum if you're willing to consider that, imaginality ;)"
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:46 am

Post by imaginality »

I didn't say it's a _good_ plan...
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:10 am

Post by imaginality »

But I could see you trying to convince me we're TvT if House was leaning to elim you over me.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”