Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn Mafia (Game Over)

RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5950 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:27 am

Post by RealCheeks »

But what does it prove? Why can't a raid success person role be scum?
~C
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5951 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:15 am

Post by tictac »

In post 4529, Toogeloo wrote:Meh... Not really. I mean, yeah, if the player doesn't want to play through the story. I think the nagging at the back of brain is would the WoL actually be in this game? FFXIV does have a generic WoL that is used in cinematics for the title screen and launch promos, and to be fair, the WoL is the primary driving force of the story since it's, well, the player. Not either of the names I would have guessed mastina to pick, and she hasn't confirmed it either, but technically plausible since
if there is any one character in the game that would actually succeed in raiding, it would be the player
lol.
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5952 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:16 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 5856, RealCheeks wrote:I guess you will meet the same fate as MB then who has also considered themselves too important to cooperate with town.
~C
Hey now... :( I been ill. Thought nornor claimed? :/
Do you really want to know what happens when a bear gains mystical powers?

Stay tuned and see what these faerie bears end up like~
Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5953 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:18 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 5875, Mandelbrot wrote:
Newsflash!

Titus posted a list of roles in the n1 PT and asked dwlee for target suggestions.

dwlee suggested Mirio as the target for both Tracker & Follower.

Who died n1? Mirio.

WHY WOULD DWLEE FOR THAT AS SCUM?

You're welcome.

- House
Because like me, dwlee is a "Screw you and your meta" type of peep - and I wouldn't be surprised if like me dwlee tries to actively screw with their meta.

That said Dwlee is town imo. I got nothin but town vibes when I've actually popped in and read a page or two.

Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5954 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:20 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 5878, Save The Dragons wrote:i think this is where i'm at

Toogeloo - probably town due to flavor mastery
mastina - probably town due to role
Save The Dragons - that's me!
dwlee99 - town due to house being town
tictac - i think town due to play
Mystic Bears (Noraa + Flea the Magician) - i think town due to play
Mandelbrot (House + Yume) - probably town
Tomorrow Corporation - i think town due to play

looking in the following for scum

Qrow and Raven (Gamma Emerald + Nancy Drew 39)
RealCheeks (RCEnigma + CheekyTeeky)
Bell
Ngl bell still being in game is town bell (Sorry bell <3)

-Flea for three.

Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5955 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:22 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 5900, Bell wrote:Randomly posting to keep up appearances, I actually haven't read a single page of this game.
I don't even know who I'm responding to.
Mood xD

I've read like maybe a total of 7-10 pages?

Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5956 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:28 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 5917, mastina wrote:[...]
I reduced the quotes down to make it clear what I'm responding too... how is that malicious? That's also where I saw the case. I'm still not in optimal mafia headspace (Hence I'm in the one game right now and not several like usual) There's many many instances in my past where i've done this.

And every single time I've done this, just like in that post, I did the [...] to show I'd removed stuff. I don't remember seeing the link to your prior "actual" case but I remember someone quoting it for me so I could catch up and address it properly.

I'm getting a bad feeling, and I see you've posted more so amma look at that before confirming it.

-F

Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5957 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:29 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 5917, mastina wrote: When you quote a post that has multiple quotes, it's quite easy to keep the contents of the later post but have the quote link be from the earlier post.
Also no it isn't, you've seen the mess I've made of my spoilers and quote walls...

Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5958 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:40 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

*strolls in*
In post 5944, tictac wrote:It's in my nature to be a contrarian, House.
Check every theory, challenge every belief.
communication is sometimes overrated.
Ohai.

*strolls out*
Hydra of Yume & House
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5959 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:50 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 5918, mastina wrote:[...]
In post 5840, Mystic Bears wrote:Do you really think I'd let myself be caught mechanically?
At the time, no!
You'd not let yourself be immediately caught by mechanics.
Inadvertently not realizing the town could POE things down the line?

That's not something ANY scum player, no matter HOW mechanically-gifted they are, can avoid.

If you THINK you're mechanically safe, but it later turns out you're not, I don't care how good you think you are at mechanics. Both heads of Reasonably Rational, Jingle, other mechanical-gods, geniuses of mechanics and manipulating them as scum. NOBODY is immune to getting caught down the line for making a play they initially thought they couldn't get caught from.

Plus, to some extent, it's also something not fully under your control, as other scum enter into the picture with what they did. You can control your own mechanical position; you can suggest positions for your scumbuddies, but scumbuddies ultimately do not necessarily listen to your advice, and thus, no amount of mechanical prowess on your part can prevent the combination of misplays from scumbuddies and later town POE information from catching what was originally a safe play and then becoming caught mechanically.

However, it's not even a surefire thing that scum did not do what you wanted. It's possible they didn't act as you asked, but it's also possible they
did
, and you just didn't account for
every
variable. You're not omnipotent. No mechanics-oriented player is. They can coordinate what they
think
to be the optimal play is, and then end up later proven wrong, only realizing they made a mistake in hindsight.
In post 5840, Mystic Bears wrote:do you really think I'd hang around in a game again when I'm getting mechanically screwed by my team?
For multiple reasons? Yes. You're not going to bail on Noraa here, and it wasn't until basically today that you were mechanically caught. You would have no reason to have bailed previously and even had you, Noraa is enough reason to have talked you out of it, thinking it was salvageable. Because it is.

Plus, beyond that, there's a matter of sportsmanship.

It's generally considered poor form to replace out of a game as one of the last scum when you are likely to go down sooner rather than later--you know this, Flea, so why WOULD you replace out? You have literally every reason NOT to.
In post 5840, Mystic Bears wrote:Do you really think me and Noraa would be so... Naive? as to just openwolf and guard like that?
Explicitly so, yes.
One thing I'm confident in is my mechanical play. You'll remember back on D1 I had a bit of sus on you as you revealed a power that would eliminate a PoE tool for town. Given my love of mechanical shenganigans, how do I not plan for that further down the line? Going back to unwnds game I was set on using abilities over kills but I got overridden by 2 powerful players. Yes there could be a chance I get mechanically caught, I honestly find it unlikely. As scum knowing that power would have serious consequences down the line, I would've seen you out N2 at the absolute latest.

As much as I do have the occasional god complex issues... you forget I can and will account for every variable I can. I will neck my nyoom juice and go full conspiracy mode. I enjoy playing as scum in mechanical games because I have more information to gain and manipulate. Even when a plan doesn't fully go to fruition I will have secondary and even tertiary plans to fall back on. With all respect to the players here there is probably 1 player I would particular have trouble convincing of optimal mechanics in the player list - you. I've seen you go as scum in weird mech games, while you may be better than me at solving overall I know we would clash over mechanical plays.

You're right, I wouldn't bail on Noraa - unless I had to. Also, knowing we came into this game as a pair, knowing that Noraa wanted to hydra with me specifically so they could play against Mom and because I could cover some slack while they had their studies, I could have bailed at any time and Noraa would've likely agreed or have subbed in as their main or agreed to the tag out.

Sportsmanship will always come second to my health - which as you know is hella volatile, and if I was scum and fighting against my teammates, I would have bailed. This includes replacing out as the last scum, and I wouldn't have even got that far if it was the case my team wasn't listening to me, because I refuse to repeat that game again.

That you explicitly think me and noraa would actually openwolf like that I actually find a complement and it reinforces my belief that my scumgame has no limits.

As for the bad feeling I had, I'm pretty sure it's accurate at this point. I think you're looking for a reason to scumread us. Given the wall you've put out specifically addressing me that tells me for sure this is the case.
You will always find the bad if you're looking for it.

-F

Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5960 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:03 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 5953, Mystic Bears wrote:Because like me, dwlee is a "Screw you and your meta" type of peep
But is he a " HAI GUYZ, LEZ LEVE DEEZ 2 PRZ ALYV N KEEL DIS VEETEE NSTED!!!11 type of peep?

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5961 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:51 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

PLayed scum with them once, I wouldn't be surprised if they did for the self-clear because people insist on meta and using it badly...

Anyway, I gotta go hobble on a bus.

Being disabled sucks.

_Flea Out <3

Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5962 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:54 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 5961, Mystic Bears wrote:PLayed scum with them once, I wouldn't be surprised if they did for the self-clear because people insist on meta and using it badly...

Anyway, I gotta go hobble on a bus.

Being disabled sucks.

_Flea Out <3
That has nothing to do with meta.

It's just dumb to leave 2 PRs alone and kill an unknown.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5963 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:56 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

MB refusing to consider a town!dwlee world here just screams scum to me.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5964 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:37 am

Post by Bell »

Coming in here to say that I changed my mind and still want MB dead.

Also, no offense taken Flea. One day someone will say that to me when I’m scum and I will say: no offense taken.
And it will be cool. Also, I will never say that now in case someone digs it up.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5965 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:38 am

Post by Bell »

I have problems with cheeks again. I’ve decided that I have a problem with them not town reading me.
But this is for later. After mb is dead.

Also, decide on how we wanna do this raid thing.
I’m not hopping off no matter what tho.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5966 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:39 am

Post by Bell »

Have a good day ya’ll.

Bell out.
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5967 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 5963, Mandelbrot wrote:MB refusing to consider a town!dwlee world here just screams scum to me.

- House
Setting up much house? I'm pretty sure dwlee is town here, I've have nothing but town vibes and I've said that consistently.

-F

Unsigned posts are Noraa
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5968 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 5841, RealCheeks wrote:
In post 5836, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 5814, RealCheeks wrote:So raid needs 8/11. The consensus pool of scum seems to be STD, Dwlee, MB and us so if people have to choose who is going on the raid out of us 4?
~C
Don’t you have any thoughts about who should be on/not on that raid?

~R
Well if it were up to me, we would be on the raid. Since the strongman has no shots left, assuming they started as 1x, this raid if successful will force scum to shoot outside the raid in the remaining 3 names. StD refusing to get off the raid again is pretty much a scum claim because scum want to give themselves a bigger town pool to shoot in. Like if the team is exactly StD/Dwlee and we leave them off the raid then theoretically there would be no NK. If one of the two is scum - one will be the NK and it resolves that slot for us instead of having to eliminate them, we can then use an elimination to check the other.

If you omit us, and the raid succeeds then scum will be forced to kill us if the other person outside the raid is scum, which again saves town a flip.
~C
I would prefer you to be on the raid over StD but unless he jumps off, I don’t see that happening.
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5969 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:54 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 5968, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 5841, RealCheeks wrote:
In post 5836, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 5814, RealCheeks wrote:So raid needs 8/11. The consensus pool of scum seems to be STD, Dwlee, MB and us so if people have to choose who is going on the raid out of us 4?
~C
Don’t you have any thoughts about who should be on/not on that raid?

~R
Well if it were up to me, we would be on the raid. Since the strongman has no shots left, assuming they started as 1x, this raid if successful will force scum to shoot outside the raid in the remaining 3 names. StD refusing to get off the raid again is pretty much a scum claim because scum want to give themselves a bigger town pool to shoot in. Like if the team is exactly StD/Dwlee and we leave them off the raid then theoretically there would be no NK. If one of the two is scum - one will be the NK and it resolves that slot for us instead of having to eliminate them, we can then use an elimination to check the other.

If you omit us, and the raid succeeds then scum will be forced to kill us if the other person outside the raid is scum, which again saves town a flip.
~C
I would prefer you to be on the raid over StD but unless he jumps off, I don’t see that happening.
I wouldn't.

I don't want either of them on the raid.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5970 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:02 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 5919, mastina wrote:
In post 5916, Bell wrote:Mastina. Thoughts on this?
I mean the other half of my role is pretty damn clearing in of itself so I don't feel the need to clear myself from making an undersized raid succeed. (And Mandelbrot and Toog both saw my fullclaim so can vouch for that.)

But while I don't think my role needs to be proven, I really don't care--I'm making the raid succeed, and with the scum (presumably) out of strongman shots, that limits their kill pool.

So I don't care one way or another. Undersized raid proves me but scum can't kill me due to my BP until N7; full raid doesn't prove me but scum's kill pool is even smaller. Doesn't really matter to me, one way or another, because I've done my job regardless.
I don’t agree with the testing thing. I think it just helps scum.

~R

Last post was also Raven.
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5971 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:19 am

Post by RealCheeks »

It's best to elim StD so that Tictac gets on the raid and leaves us/MB for scum to shoot. If we elim MB and they flip Town, then tictac dies, probably flips town and then we wasted controlling the NK and we get elimmed flipping town which will leave 8/2 if there continues to be 1 NK per night.
~C
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5972 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:20 am

Post by RealCheeks »

Sorry it will be 6/2 which is basically 2 more mislims for scum to reach parity.
~C
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5973 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:25 am

Post by RealCheeks »

No wait it will be 5/2 including the NK after us but still the same path to victory. 1 mislim to elo.
~C
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5974 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Save The Dragons »