Mini Normal 2242 | Opossum Mafia | Game Over!

TheZenMan
TheZenMan
Goon
TheZenMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:18 am

Post by TheZenMan »

VOTE: No Elimination

I think this is the best choice for us actually, a miselim here means we lose.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:19 am

Post by House »

In post 1872, TheZenMan wrote:
In post 1857, House wrote:My tinfoil is that there will be no NK tonight if Zen is town because scum can't afford to go into endgame with a townie they can't kill.
This would be true if everyone realised I was town, but not everyone do.
I mean, it's just common knowledge that scum can't afford to leave a 1-shot bp intact and have any hope of surviving long-term because they never know when that bp might just up and make themselves impossible to be eliminated.

Ngl, I'd
prefer
they do that if you're town instead of the alternative.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:21 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

T3 either gets a result, ends up blocked, or is dead so we should probably no lim here yea. It will give my theory a night to test it
I prefer they, thanks :)
TheZenMan
TheZenMan
Goon
TheZenMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:21 am

Post by TheZenMan »

In post 1874, Dwlee99 wrote:Crumbs typically are reaching a little bit

But the point is who is saying one is different + saying "I'm gay (mafia)" in addition to it. I don't think I can convince you to vote yourself or your buddy though
Yeah but if anything people would think that Redtea is scum here. I was actually thinking of him as prime elim for D3 before he got killed.

Also, why exactly do you think I'm scum? It seems it's basically just by trying to shoehorn me in along with Jacket and HP. And how do you explain me knowing A50 modifier and having the same modifier as him without knowing it?
TheZenMan
TheZenMan
Goon
TheZenMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:22 am

Post by TheZenMan »

In post 1876, House wrote:
In post 1872, TheZenMan wrote:
In post 1857, House wrote:My tinfoil is that there will be no NK tonight if Zen is town because scum can't afford to go into endgame with a townie they can't kill.
This would be true if everyone realised I was town, but not everyone do.
I mean, it's just common knowledge that scum can't afford to leave a 1-shot bp intact and have any hope of surviving long-term because they never know when that bp might just up and make themselves impossible to be eliminated.

Ngl, I'd
prefer
they do that if you're town instead of the alternative.
I would prefer being shot too, that's why I claimed town initially so I could tank a shot from scum.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:23 am

Post by House »

Excuse me for not wanting to walk softly into that good night.

This could well be my last chance to influence the game, so I'm not exactly ready to call it a day and wake up to oblivion.

HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:24 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 1871, House wrote:My issue with pizza is that he's been coasting up until today, and the reads that he has posted don't have much spice.

Calling Three town? Duh.
Calling me likely town? Duh.
Calling T3 scum? No surprise there.
Scolding over the A50 flip? I've made my feelings on that known.
Scumreading dwlee? Seems like a safe, "this guy isn't UT" take.
Zen is the only fairly spicy read, which a small part of me can't help but agree with because role shenannies paranoia.
yes, i've been struggling to play the game somewhat. i haven't been very motivated, would constantly skim and get ~nothing out of it, then forget whatever i read.
is three like consensus town now? cuz i originally suspected them, now as i was reading more carefully i changed my mind. i still do think you're town with, say, the overthinking on cool cookie's claim and such + possibly pocketed by a dwlee/t3 team if i'm right.
yeah, i'm pretty disappointed with the elims, as i would be defending both given some time. this game as a whole has felt disappointing and i don't even know the people in here, which makes reading y'all even harder for me (i'm known for usually having shit reads, especially early game, and there's a joke that 180ing them actually solves the game).
idk what UT stands for. if you think both BP neighbours are town in this setup, be my guest ig?
why does there have to be an investigative?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:26 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1878, TheZenMan wrote:
In post 1874, Dwlee99 wrote:Crumbs typically are reaching a little bit

But the point is who is saying one is different + saying "I'm gay (mafia)" in addition to it. I don't think I can convince you to vote yourself or your buddy though
Yeah but if anything people would think that Redtea is scum here. I was actually thinking of him as prime elim for D3 before he got killed.

Also, why exactly do you think I'm scum? It seems it's basically just by trying to shoehorn me in along with Jacket and HP. And how do you explain me knowing A50 modifier and having the same modifier as him without knowing it?
But scum would know that HP couldn't know if someone else was scum so they could see the subtext. I've seen worse crumbs than this

You're scum cause PoE and the solve makes too much sense

I think t3 should check Jacket because either scum will be forced to kill him or t3 gets a result/no result
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:28 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

Spoiler:
a t3 wagon starts near EoD
In post 1193, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay I have a busy day today (last day of classes until fall break + I have an exam this morning) so unlikely I get a ton done before then. I don't think t3 is going to flip scum here and I don't think killing him even gets me closer to flipping scum so I don't like that wagon
In post 1205, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay maybe t3 can move back into poe? How confident are you on zen!town a50?
In post 1217, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 556, Dwlee99 wrote:T3 your one attempt at meta on me was doing this same exact wishy washy thing where you shade me and then do a ~idk~ at the end and you were scum

Good thing I don't believe in meta :)
Would scum!t3 do the same exact thing to me twice in a row cause this is sort of meta but imo it's actually mostly a scum tell in and of itself. Being wishy washy and also it's easy to make up reasons to scumread someone or townread someone by just saying "blabla" meta.
In post 1218, Dwlee99 wrote:Based on my skim yea I'd be fine hopping on here? Will consider more after classes
In post 1220, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: T3
Sure
In post 1222, Dwlee99 wrote:The doing meta on me thing where he just ends up with no conclusion
there were quite a few votes on him by then. feels like it can easily be a bus/a push you can stop after t3 claims.
In post 1420, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: T3
Weird
i'm pretty sure there were a few votes that way once again
In post 1429, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1427, T3 wrote:cookie knows I'm town and knows my result.
I won't elaborate further.
I don't think there's a normal role that can do this
In post 1446, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't believe this but I haven't put a ton of thought into it
In post 1475, Dwlee99 wrote:I do not understand t3 rn
In post 1490, Dwlee99 wrote:I townread cookie but not t3 and I feel like the way cookie is reacting here means they actually don't have the info t3 is saying they do
In post 1494, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1491, T3 wrote:
town
mailman
This feels like it could be TMI
doesn't feel very involved or taking a very solid stance.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:30 am

Post by House »

In post 1881, HawaiianPizza wrote:idk what UT stands for. if you think both BP neighbours are town in this setup, be my guest ig?
UT = Universally townread.

Ngl, Zen bothers me, but I believed his claim over A50's
because
A50 confirmed he claimed 1-shot first in the hood.

1-shot is a fairly common modifier. A safer fake claim would be odd night, even night, non-consecutive, etc, BECAUSE they're less likely to be countered.

Town is weak on power with only redtea as an information gathering role. If that's true, it would suggest scum has very little power, but a roleblocker is contrary to that take.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:35 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler: vcs and counts
In post 1551, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
Vote Count 2.02
TheZenMan (0):

Almost50 (2):
HawaiianPizza, T3
House (0):

Save The Dragons (0):

Three (0):

T3 (5):
Dwlee99, Almost50, House, TheZenMan, Jacket
(E-1)

Jacket (0):

Dwlee99 (0):

cool cookie (0):

redtea (0):

HawaiianPizza (0):

Not Voting (4):
Save The Dragons, Three, cool cookie, redtea

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate. Day 2 ends when an elimination is decided or in (expired on 2021-10-17 09:00:00).

Announcements
-

PossumsImage
In post 1640, Dwlee99 wrote:I've seen neighbors with the same exact role as town before but that was a very long time ago
In post 1659, Dwlee99 wrote:Did anyone think anything of the game I mentioned where there were two neighbors with the same roles and town (both ungated role cops in fact)
In post 1674, Dwlee99 wrote:It's relevant cause aren't we suspecting there's scum in the hood because they both said they're 1-shot bp?
In post 1707, Dwlee99 wrote:T3 why would you not claim no result I don't get it

Like couldn't Jacket be ascetic or something if you're town?
In post 1733, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
Vote Count 2.03 (FINAL)
TheZenMan (1):
HawaiianPizza
Almost50 (6):
House, T3, TheZenMan, cool cookie, Save The Dragons, redtea
(Elimination)

House (0):

Save The Dragons (0):

Three (0):

T3 (3):
Dwlee99, Almost50, Jacket
Jacket (0):

Dwlee99 (0):

cool cookie (0):

redtea (0):

HawaiianPizza (0):

Not Voting (1):
Three

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate. Day 2 ends when an elimination is decided or in (expired on 2021-10-17 09:00:00).

Announcements
-

PossumsImage
You're arguing that with my partner extremely close to being eliminated I argue against the flash a50 wagon and that t3 wasn't acting like he had a certain result
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:36 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

1-shot BP could be scum for countering the vigilante
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:37 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1884, House wrote:Town is weak on power with only redtea as an information gathering role. If that's true, it would suggest scum has very little power, but a roleblocker is contrary to that take.
Which is why the ascetic makes so much more sense
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:37 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I think if t3 is my partner I would not let him claim like that. I'm not mech challenged
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:39 am

Post by House »

In post 1887, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1884, House wrote:Town is weak on power with only redtea as an information gathering role. If that's true, it would suggest scum has very little power, but a roleblocker is contrary to that take.
So, with a bp traitor and an ascetic, who would be the 3rd scum in your theory? I refuse to believe 0 scum would be vulnerable to redtea.

That's just... no.

HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:39 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 1884, House wrote:
In post 1881, HawaiianPizza wrote:idk what UT stands for. if you think both BP neighbours are town in this setup, be my guest ig?
UT = Universally townread.

Ngl, Zen bothers me, but I believed his claim over A50's
because
A50 confirmed he claimed 1-shot first in the hood.

1-shot is a fairly common modifier. A safer fake claim would be odd night, even night, non-consecutive, etc, BECAUSE they're less likely to be countered.

Town is weak on power with only redtea as an information gathering role. If that's true, it would suggest scum has very little power, but a roleblocker is contrary to that take.
look, i think zen is either exactly the traitor or town, so i don't know if it's worth going after anyway. would traitor!zen expect A50 to have an exact counterpart of their role tho? and none of the modifiers you name fit that well with a BP?
i find it really hard to believe there was a neighbourhood with two night immune townies (and the exact same role).
is the existence of a roleblocker confirmed somehow?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:42 am

Post by House »

In post 1890, HawaiianPizza wrote:is the existence of a roleblocker confirmed somehow?
Ummm... I'm not sure, actually?

There's been a lot of chatter about it and this is the first time I've seen its existence questioned, so I was just rolling with it.

T3 is the only claimed role that gets active feedback about being roleblocked. redtea wouldn't necessarily know until after a flip he tried to vig, which hasn't come to pass at this point.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:45 am

Post by House »

In post 1888, Dwlee99 wrote:I think if t3 is my partner I would not let him claim like that. I'm not mech challenged
Considering you're pushing a world where scum has no fear of a vig OR traffic analyst, I'm inclined to disagree.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1889, House wrote:
So, with a bp traitor and an ascetic, who would be the 3rd scum in your theory? I refuse to believe 0 scum would be vulnerable to redtea.

That's just... no.
Ascetic can get shot my guy
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:46 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1892, House wrote:
In post 1888, Dwlee99 wrote:I think if t3 is my partner I would not let him claim like that. I'm not mech challenged
Considering you're pushing a world where scum has no fear of a vig OR traffic analyst, I'm inclined to disagree.
Have you never seen a role that gets clears instead of guilties? This would be a way to design a setup like that. And zen could get checked for a PT now that a50 is dead which could be a guilty
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:47 am

Post by House »

In post 1893, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1889, House wrote:

That's just... no.
Ascetic can get shot my guy
Oh.

Derp.

I got ascetic confused with Rolestopper effect.

Don't I feel like a hypocrite.

HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:49 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 1885, Dwlee99 wrote:
Spoiler: vcs and counts
In post 1551, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
Vote Count 2.02
TheZenMan (0):

Almost50 (2):
HawaiianPizza, T3
House (0):

Save The Dragons (0):

Three (0):

T3 (5):
Dwlee99, Almost50, House, TheZenMan, Jacket
(E-1)

Jacket (0):

Dwlee99 (0):

cool cookie (0):

redtea (0):

HawaiianPizza (0):

Not Voting (4):
Save The Dragons, Three, cool cookie, redtea

Announcements
-

PossumsImage
In post 1640, Dwlee99 wrote:I've seen neighbors with the same exact role as town before but that was a very long time ago
In post 1659, Dwlee99 wrote:Did anyone think anything of the game I mentioned where there were two neighbors with the same roles and town (both ungated role cops in fact)
In post 1674, Dwlee99 wrote:It's relevant cause aren't we suspecting there's scum in the hood because they both said they're 1-shot bp?
In post 1707, Dwlee99 wrote:T3 why would you not claim no result I don't get it

Like couldn't Jacket be ascetic or something if you're town?
In post 1733, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
Vote Count 2.03 (FINAL)
TheZenMan (1):
HawaiianPizza
Almost50 (6):
House, T3, TheZenMan, cool cookie, Save The Dragons, redtea
(Elimination)

House (0):

Save The Dragons (0):

Three (0):

T3 (3):
Dwlee99, Almost50, Jacket
Jacket (0):

Dwlee99 (0):

cool cookie (0):

redtea (0):

HawaiianPizza (0):

Not Voting (1):
Three

Announcements
-

PossumsImage
You're arguing that with my partner extremely close to being eliminated I argue against the flash a50 wagon and that t3 wasn't acting like he had a certain result
i haven't read D2 in detail yet, but it seemed like a lot of people turned against A50 and it can be a case where you wouldn't have to support that miselim? and it still feels like you weren't pushing T3 that strongly other than keeping the vote there?
shrugge
House wrote:
In post 1890, HawaiianPizza wrote:is the existence of a roleblocker confirmed somehow?
Ummm... I'm not sure, actually?

There's been a lot of chatter about it and this is the first time I've seen its existence questioned, so I was just rolling with it.

T3 is the only claimed role that gets active feedback about being roleblocked. redtea wouldn't necessarily know until after a flip he tried to vig, which hasn't come to pass at this point.
well, i assume T3 hasnt claimed being roleblocked. i cant really speculate on the setup, but yeah idk why we
should
have a rber
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:51 am

Post by House »

In post 1896, HawaiianPizza wrote:well, i assume T3 hasnt claimed being roleblocked.
No result means either roleblock or *side eyes dwlee* ascetic.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:52 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1897, House wrote:
In post 1896, HawaiianPizza wrote:well, i assume T3 hasnt claimed being roleblocked.
:flushed:
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:52 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 1897, House wrote:
what are T3's actions

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”