Mini Normal 2242 | Opossum Mafia | Game Over!

Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1943, Three wrote:If you're town and you know you could be wrong and still want to instantly vote in ELo, then I'm sorry, but that's poor town play and you're just contradicting yourself.
How do you propose that I, as a VT, become 100% confident in a read? I don't think it's a contradictory notion at all. I have a scumread I want to go after. I don't really trust anyone else to make the right call. That may be hypocritical, seeing as it's not like I've been great this game. But I like the idea more than waiting for someone else to make a move.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm ever going to be completely confident. That's just not how the game works. Unless you're a PR with mechanical info there's always going to be uncertainty.
No one's saying you have to play in a certain ideal way. But do you really think the things you're saying don't read as scummy? Even a little bit?
No, because the entire rationale you have given above is "If you do this thing, it is bad play if you are town. No town could ever think differently than I do, so you are scummy."

Which ignores the idea that I clearly don't view the game in the same weird terms you do, given that I can't even make sense of what you're demanding of me.

Just lay out what you think the model little townie is supposed to do, because clearly I don't understand how to play the game, at least in your eyes.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1944, House wrote:
In post 1941, Jacket wrote:What do you think?
I think you should answer my question.

It's not like I'm going to ask your main if you say yes.
Too subtle for you?

Yeah, this isn't my first account. Obviously.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:05 am

Post by T3 »

i'm just going to tune out of everything jacket says
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:35 am

Post by House »

In post 1951, Jacket wrote:
In post 1944, House wrote:
In post 1941, Jacket wrote:What do you think?
I think you should answer my question.

It's not like I'm going to ask your main if you say yes.
Too subtle for you?

Yeah, this isn't my first account. Obviously.
Yes. I don't do subtle.

The reason I asked is because an actual newbie making a comment about this game being outside the newbie queue would not feel at all natural as this would have been your first game on site.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:37 am

Post by House »

In post 1952, T3 wrote:i'm just going to tune out of everything jacket says
Your loss. He's a gas.

Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Three »

In post 1950, Jacket wrote:
In post 1943, Three wrote:If you're town and you know you could be wrong and still want to instantly vote in ELo, then I'm sorry, but that's poor town play and you're just contradicting yourself.
How do you propose that I, as a VT, become 100% confident in a read? I don't think it's a contradictory notion at all. I have a scumread I want to go after. I don't really trust anyone else to make the right call. That may be hypocritical, seeing as it's not like I've been great this game. But I like the idea more than waiting for someone else to make a move.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm ever going to be completely confident. That's just not how the game works. Unless you're a PR with mechanical info there's always going to be uncertainty.
No one's saying you have to play in a certain ideal way. But do you really think the things you're saying don't read as scummy? Even a little bit?
No, because the entire rationale you have given above is "If you do this thing, it is bad play if you are town. No town could ever think differently than I do, so you are scummy."

Which ignores the idea that I clearly don't view the game in the same weird terms you do, given that I can't even make sense of what you're demanding of me.

Just lay out what you think the model little townie is supposed to do, because clearly I don't understand how to play the game, at least in your eyes.
Then you're scum claiming and I'll be voting you tomorrow in the 1v1. Snap voting in ELo is always a bad idea and you're not going to be able to convince me that it's not. Why would you not wait for everyone to check in? Why would you not wait for people to claim invest results? Why would you not bother collaborating with town reads? Especially when you're not 100% confident with your read?

It's anti-town no matter how you want to spin it. The bar for town cooperation is so low as it is and you don't even want to approach it. You're even admitting your reads have been bad and you
still
want to be the sole factor for whether or not town wins.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Jacket »

You're pretty emotional about this, huh.

Didn't even bother to actually answer me.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Three »

Not emotional, annoyed. If I was emotional I would've voted you. But nice gaslighting, definitely a pro town post.

What did I not answer?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: No Lim
I prefer they, thanks :)
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:01 am

Post by House »

What is this, battle of the alts?

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I think three is just off-site not an alt
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:08 am

Post by House »

In post 1960, Dwlee99 wrote:I think three is just off-site not an alt
Not MU, surely?

I don't think they could handle the culture shock.

Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Jacket »

So touchy, so reactive. This game.

I already explained that if I sit around waiting I believe scum are going to try to manipulate people into voting me. Or scum will try to manipulate me into voting who they want. It's sit back and lose the game, or try to take initiative myself.

There's no "bar for cooperation" because if you don't follow the 37 unwritten rules someone has about the game, you're lock scum. Even though none of it, you know, has anything to do with someone is mafia or not. I'm tired of it. Anyone who was actually reasonable is dead. You've made the prospect of cooperating with you very unappealing, Three.

I'm just playing for the moral victory of having my vote be right. You want to play punitively, suit yourself. But you're not going to catch scum that way.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Three »

In post 1957, Three wrote:What did I not answer?
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:14 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

oh boy
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:15 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 1952, T3 wrote:i'm just going to tune out of everything jacket says
why do u scumread him anyway, i'm too lazy to go searching rn
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1957, Three wrote:Not emotional, annoyed. If I was emotional I would've voted you. But nice gaslighting, definitely a pro town post.

What did I not answer?
I would say "annoyed" is an emotion. I think accusing someone of "gaslighting" you and being anti-town for calling you emotional is a pretty emotional move.

I haven't even said what my read on you is or anything.

I asked: How am I supposed to be 100% confident in a read I vote on in ELO? You implied that voting when there's a possibility you could be wrong is "poor town play". So I took it as belief that the only time someone should vote is if they're completely confident.

I also asked you to "lay out what you think the model little townie is supposed to do". I really want to know, because it's clear you're not approaching the game the way I am and are becoming extremely agitated by a disagreement over procedure.
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:23 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 1706, T3 wrote:
In post 1702, Jacket wrote:The only proof we have of the existence of a bulletproof traitor is cool cookie's word. In a world where the bulletproof traitor is one of the neighbors with town, that puts them in an automatic CC on day 1. Does that make any sense as good setup design? Because it sounds terrible to me. Mafia would be put in a losing position from the start.

And if the neighbors were both mafia...wouldn't the traitor just claim to the other one?

Neither idea makes much sense to me.
WHAT IS THIS SHADE
independently of the hood i'd be townreading a50
idgi
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Three »

In post 1966, Jacket wrote:
In post 1957, Three wrote:Not emotional, annoyed. If I was emotional I would've voted you. But nice gaslighting, definitely a pro town post.

What did I not answer?
I would say "annoyed" is an emotion. I think accusing someone of "gaslighting" you and being anti-town for calling you emotional is a pretty emotional move.

I haven't even said what my read on you is or anything.

I asked: How am I supposed to be 100% confident in a read I vote on in ELO? You implied that voting when there's a possibility you could be wrong is "poor town play". So I took it as belief that the only time someone should vote is if they're completely confident.

I also asked you to "lay out what you think the model little townie is supposed to do". I really want to know, because it's clear you're not approaching the game the way I am and are becoming extremely agitated by a disagreement over procedure.
In post 1955, Three wrote:Why would you not wait for everyone to check in? Why would you not wait for people to claim invest results? Why would you not bother collaborating with town reads? Especially when you're not 100% confident with your read?
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Jacket »

It's not even like I'm saying having emotions are bad. I was obviously emotional about the A50 elimination, because I disagreed with it. The difference is - I know there is at least one town player alive who was wrong on that vote. I'm angry at them for voting him.

The difference is, I'm not coming out here looking to inflict punishment on them in retribution for making that vote. Because it doesn't have anything to do with who is mafia or not. Truthfully, I regret even bitching about it in the first place.

Anyway, maybe consider that before you go looking to play mafia sheriff,arresting all the people who are playing town wrong.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Three »

Repeatedly telling someone they're being emotional when they're telling you that they're not is the most stereotypical form of gaslighting. I'm not here to convince you that you're doing what you know you're doing.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 am

Post by House »

This is going nowhere.

I'm over it.

VOTE: no lim

Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1968, Three wrote:
In post 1955, Three wrote:Why would you not wait for everyone to check in? Why would you not wait for people to claim invest results? Why would you not bother collaborating with town reads? Especially when you're not 100% confident with your read?
Why do I need to wait for other people to check in? My concern is that scum are going to try to take control of the narrative.

I'm honestly unlikely to trust any investigative result that comes out on ELO, given how things have gone.

The answer is that I still trust my own reads more than I trust anyone else's. Call it selfish if you want. But don't fool yourself into thinking it's scummy.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:35 am

Post by House »

This day is like a tree trunk.

Limless.

*Ba dum tss*

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1973, House wrote:This day is like a tree trunk.

Limless.

*Ba dum tss*
bruh

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”