Newbie 2081 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 98, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I need a diagram that goes like:

Is Not_Mafia in the game?

1. Yes
Vote out Not_Mafia

2. No

Can Not_Mafia be replaced into the game?

2.1 Yes

Replace Not_Mafia into the game, and see 1.

2.2 No

Wait until Not_Mafia can be replaced into the game, then see 2.1
lmao
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:41 am

Post by midwaybear »

Vote count 1.04

It is Day 1!
With 9 votes, it takes 5 to eliminate. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-10-23 07:35:00).

VC
Not_Mafia [3]:
Not_Mafia, Binatog13, Jake The Wolfie
Greeting [2]:
MegAzumarill, DaTacoX
Jake The Wolfie [2]:
kennyk, catboi
kennyk [1]:
hops
MegAzumarill [1]:
Greeting

Mod Notes
  • :)
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

VOTE: Greeting

Die, Scumb!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Greeting
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
hops
hops
Townie
hops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:55 am

Post by hops »

We're at E-1 again. If this is serious, I'd want to know the reasoning behind it.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:59 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Nothing is happening and I am bored.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:13 am

Post by Greeting »

Since y'all Einsteins decided to put me at E-1, I might as well share my thoughts before some opportunist decides to seal the deal.

More townlean than scumlean:

hops

This would be the last person for me to vote out at this very moment. They sound like genuine vanilla town newbie. The tone of their posts seems like they actually want to solve this game in town's favour and that's good enough for the time being.

Neutral:

Binatog13
DaTacoX
kennyk
Not_Mafia

These folks have a higher chance of being scum, but don't seem to give me anything to suspect them (yet). DaTaco is the most neutral of them all, Binatog being a close second. I know kennyk from a different game and their playstyle so far matches that of the other game. Not_Mafia is just a shitposter and there's nothing more to it.

More on the err side:

Jake The Wolfie
catboi
MegAzumarill

For semi-experienced players they've contributed surprisingly little to this game. I know it's still Day One, but in the last game I've played the SEs were on a much higher level. My vote is currently on MegAzumarill, but I'm down to vote out either one of those three.

That's what I gathered from what was posted so far.

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:16 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

What "contributions" do you think the SE players should be doing?
Imprefection is the spice of life.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:22 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 106, Greeting wrote:Since y'all Einsteins decided to put me at E-1, I might as well share my thoughts before some opportunist decides to seal the deal.

hops

This would be the last person for me to vote out at this very moment. They sound like genuine vanilla town newbie. The tone of their posts seems like they actually want to solve this game in town's favour and that's good enough for the time being.

Neutral:

Binatog13
DaTacoX
kennyk
Not_Mafia

These folks have a higher chance of being scum, but don't seem to give me anything to suspect them (yet). DaTaco is the most neutral of them all, Binatog being a close second. I know kennyk from a different game and their playstyle so far matches that of the other game. Not_Mafia is just a shitposter and there's nothing more to it.

More on the err side:

Jake The Wolfie
catboi
MegAzumarill

For semi-experienced players they've contributed surprisingly little to this game. I know it's still Day One, but in the last game I've played the SEs were on a much higher level. My vote is currently on MegAzumarill, but I'm down to vote out either one of those three.

Why does my playstyle match that of the other game? I didn't post any wild theories (yet). OK, maybe that is because there wasn't much to wave theories around. Although hops tried to step in my footsteps with her Wolfie theory.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:34 am

Post by DaTacoX »

I’ve been a bit out of it recently, so I’ll try to post some more later today. But for now, I’ll

UNVOTE: Greeting
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:59 am

Post by catboi »

VOTE: binatog

Last few posts have the feel of awkwardly trying to fit in while not providing any actual game relevant commentary. "interesting wagon" comment pinge because it didn't actually draw any conclusions, I questioned hm on it and he didn't follow up, had the feel of saying something just to say something.

More later.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 108, kennyk wrote:
In post 106, Greeting wrote:Since y'all Einsteins decided to put me at E-1, I might as well share my thoughts before some opportunist decides to seal the deal.

hops

Neutral:

Binatog13
DaTacoX
kennyk
Not_Mafia

More on the err side:

Jake The Wolfie
catboi
MegAzumarill

Why does my playstyle match that of the other game? I didn't post any wild theories (yet). OK, maybe that is because there wasn't much to wave theories around. Although hops tried to step in my footsteps with her Wolfie theory.
It's less about the content and more about the feel of your posts. I cannot get much more from just five posts (there were five at the time of posting of my readslist). They all sound and read similarly to me to Newbie 2078 (it has since ended so now I think we can talk more freely about it), a game in which we both were town.

That doesn't mean that I am sure you're definitely town. It's just you don't stand out for me at all as much as SEs stand out for doing very little. In Newbie 2078, I was playing under the assumption that it's impossible to get a good read Day One, but to my surprise SEs started going after people. Even though I've played mafia before finding this site, I'm still legally a newbie here and from what I've gathered, the purpose of SEs in the Newbie Games is to guide and sort of role model the newbies. The SEs here are three idle fluffposters and a jester-like shitposter lol. I bet at least one of these four is on the scumteam.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 110, catboi wrote:VOTE: binatog

Last few posts have the feel of awkwardly trying to fit in while not providing any actual game relevant commentary. "interesting wagon" comment pinge because it didn't actually draw any conclusions, I questioned hm on it and he didn't follow up, had the feel of saying something just to say something.

More later.
That's just how Binatog plays, leave him alone
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:58 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Greeting, do you think you should be townread right now?
Why or why not?
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by DaTacoX »

The way I see things right now is that Meg and Jake are some of my lowest picks with Not_Mafia and Binatog behind them.

Meg and Jake's posts have mostly boiled down to: let's vote this person because it is a "good idea".
Meanwhile, Not_Mafia and Binatog are mostly just chiming in with nothing to add. Same could be said for most of us though. (-.-)

There are too few posts from everybody right now to really judge each other properly, so a lot of this is just speculation that's been simplified down.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by DaTacoX »

To be fair, it is still pretty early in day 1 though, so starting wagons without a good reason isn't actually that incriminating is it?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Starting wagons for essentially no reason at all is very common early day 1.

That said Greeting is legitimately giving off scum vibes to me.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by DaTacoX »

Is there something specific you have in mind?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I already mentioned the comment about the N_M wagon feeling LAMIST.
They then ignored my next question to them about what they think the SEs should be doing if not what is happening now, which feels contrary to their stated interest of generating content for the game.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Vote count 1.05

It is Day 1!
With 9 votes, it takes 5 to eliminate. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-10-23 07:35:00).

VC
Greeting [3]:
MegAzumarill, Jake The Wolfie, Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia [1]:
Binatog13
Jake The Wolfie [1]:
kennyk
kennyk [1]:
hops
MegAzumarill [1]:
Greeting
Binatog13 [1]:
catboi
Not Voting [1]:
DaTacoX

Mod Notes
  • :)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 112, Not_Mafia wrote:

More later.
Nah.

Funny enough, I went to check his other games, saw he was more talkative in another one, then realized he was mafia in that one. But he's been more talkative in all his games, so I'm not really taking that as meaningful.

It's possible he's just not had much to say because of the slow start to the game but I don't think "playstyle" is a good reason to block scumreads on someone. Had a player I was scumreading in a prior game get shielded for playstyle reasons, turned out to actually be mafia.

I expect he'll become readable over time anyway, but right now I'm fine with throwing my vote on him.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 111, Greeting wrote:That doesn't mean that I am sure you're definitely town. It's just you don't stand out for me at all as much as SEs stand out for doing very little. In Newbie 2078, I was playing under the assumption that it's impossible to get a good read Day One, but to my surprise SEs started going after people. Even though I've played mafia before finding this site, I'm still legally a newbie here and from what I've gathered, the purpose of SEs in the Newbie Games is to guide and sort of role model the newbies. The SEs here are three idle fluffposters and a jester-like shitposter lol. I bet at least one of these four is on the scumteam.
I would not categorize what I've been doing as "fluff", I've been pretty serious so far. I think it's a mistake to assume everyone with the SE tag is going to play the same, the only requirement is to have a certain number of games completed. Not everyone plays the same way.

My general preference in the early game is to hang back and observe, because I hate forcing content and don't want to be misinterpreted. However, it looks like the players in this game tend toward the quiet side, aside from maybe hops, so I'm probably going to have to take a bit more initiative here.

Unfortunately I don't really support the wagon on you but not really think Meg is scum for driving it, so that leaves me in a bit of an uncertain position with how to advance the game.
hops
hops
Townie
hops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by hops »

Funnily enough, despite it being said that I'm being active, I still got a prod PM. Anyways, I'd have to play many more games here before I can even have a sense for the scumtells here, so I'm just going to go with guesses for my reads.

Townlean:
catboi - Everyone is playing really passive right now so I'm not getting any exceptionally pro-town reads from anyone, but if I went with my instinct I'd go with him. He's been scumhunting slightly and seems to be trying to elicit more reactions from people.
MegAzumarill: Same as catboi.

Neutral:
Not_Mafia - I do feel like N_M is generating much less content than I expected, but I haven't looked through his post history too much. Maybe he picks up more on day 2. If he is scum I feel like we'd get more reads from him once he starts "scumhunting" on day 2, so if possible I'd want to find the other scum first. That and also he's still a null read for me.
Greeting - I'm not really sold on people thinking he's scumlean, if anyone actually thought so. Seems to me that he was placed on E-1 just to elicit a reaction, which had happened.
Binatog13 - Out of the entire thread, this is the only post he has made so far that has any real content:
In post 58, Binatog13 wrote:I don't know much about these players, so idk how to read them, even NM. I only know NM for posting such long rainbow lyrics and Jester intro every game.
Now I'm not sure if that means anything, but I'd really want more to go on from him too.
VOTE: Binatog13

Honestly I had been sitting here for like half an hour trying to think of something useful to say about the others but there's just simply not enough posts for me.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 122, hops wrote:Funnily enough, despite it being said that I'm being active, I still got a prod PM. Anyways, I'd have to play many more games here before I can even have a sense for the scumtells here, so I'm just going to go with guesses for my reads.

Townlean:
catboi - Everyone is playing really passive right now so I'm not getting any exceptionally pro-town reads from anyone, but if I went with my instinct I'd go with him. He's been scumhunting slightly and seems to be trying to elicit more reactions from people.
MegAzumarill: Same as catboi.

Neutral:
Not_Mafia - I do feel like N_M is generating much less content than I expected, but I haven't looked through his post history too much. Maybe he picks up more on day 2. If he is scum I feel like we'd get more reads from him once he starts "scumhunting" on day 2, so if possible I'd want to find the other scum first. That and also he's still a null read for me.
Greeting - I'm not really sold on people thinking he's scumlean, if anyone actually thought so. Seems to me that he was placed on E-1 just to elicit a reaction, which had happened.
Binatog13 - Out of the entire thread, this is the only post he has made so far that has any real content:
In post 58, Binatog13 wrote:I don't know much about these players, so idk how to read them, even NM. I only know NM for posting such long rainbow lyrics and Jester intro every game.
Now I'm not sure if that means anything, but I'd really want more to go on from him too.
VOTE: Binatog13

Honestly I had been sitting here for like half an hour trying to think of something useful to say about the others but there's just simply not enough posts for me.
I almost thoght you would forget me again and I was ready to post on that. But your last line saved it.

But if I read your list correctly, you have Binatog13 in the neutral department and there are others in your "I don't know what to think about them at all-department" but you still vote the neutral one. I can understand that you would like to get more info from him. But why no vote on someone you have absolutely no feeling about? (Yes, I know this would include me)
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:51 am

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 120, catboi wrote:
In post 112, Not_Mafia wrote:

More later.
Nah.

Funny enough, I went to check his other games, saw he was more talkative in another one, then realized he was mafia in that one. But he's been more talkative in all his games, so I'm not really taking that as meaningful.

As I said on my previous posts, I will be less active.

It's possible he's just not had much to say because of the slow start to the game but I don't think "playstyle" is a good reason to block scumreads on someone. Had a player I was scumreading in a prior game get shielded for playstyle reasons, turned out to actually be mafia.

I expect he'll become readable over time anyway, but right now I'm fine with throwing my vote on him.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”