DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by DArby »

In post 223, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 221, DArby wrote:If you were truly town you’d use half the energy to attack my deduction skills and use that to work with me to clear up any confusion and actually hunt scum.
That’s literally what i’m doing.
I’m calling your read on me trash and explaining why it’s bad so that hopefully you will reflect and get better reads if you are town here.
And i’m already hunting scum, what are you doing? Complaining about wagons in a game of mafia where consolidating wagons is the main purpose?
You could explain why Val is town, but you can’t. Instead you could say Val is null, and if he is. Then what the hell is the problem? We’re literally working to solve an slot that’s kinda sus and isn’t looking very town by hopefully garnering an response.
See, this is now bigger than Val. I can’t tell if this is your play style or not since I don’t have my computer on hand and it’s harder to read meta. That being said your response is not productive and is weirdly defensive. You’re misconstruing my argument and I think on some level you know it. If you’d care to actually read my posts I did not base my read against you as a town read towards Val. I’m saying I think your push is unnatural. Your response to me saying that is kinda immature.

Sure, push him til he’s at e-1. Idrc. Still doesn’t make me see your push or response as natural or towny. I am playing the game as well. You just don’t like where my FoS is.
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by DArby »

In post 224, Gamma Emerald wrote:I appreciate DArby’s attempts to read into the Val wagon, but part of my motive is to just get something moving. But curious what makes you think being drunk on groupthink is necessarily bad or scummy. That remark initially came off as one that implies a TR on me.
I said I felt that scum probably joined the wagon. If so, I’d feel it’d be you. It’s a vibe read more than anything. Totally understand where you’re coming from but the wording felt like it came out of nowhere unless there was a post I missed.
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by DArby »

Also don’t word that as an attempt, please. I did read into it. Whether or not I’m right is yet to be determined.
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by DArby »

Also don’t word that as an attempt, please. I did read into it. Whether or not I’m right is yet to be determined.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Obviously i’m defensive.
I don’t want town to listen to bad arguments that get’s town mislimmed.

If i have to belittle you to make the correct elimination happen, i will. Besides, i really do genuinely believe your way of solving shows signs of inexperience. It’s like something i’d do when i started playing, push one of the slots that push cases as scum, and then getting angry and tunneling that slot as scum when called out on my BS and bad arguments.

Anyway i do think you are very likely town here, but nobody should listen to your read on me because it’s plain wrong. And i think the Val push is an good state for the game to have right now so i don’t want you to disrupt that either.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And the unnatural part.

What is unnatural?

What do you define as unnatural?

Is scum= unnatural, and is unnatural= scum?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

There are plenty of player on this site who’s playstyle i’d call: "unnatural." But that doesn’t mean i claim for them to be scum when they do odd things. Because what matters is whether there is scum motivation in what they are doing.

For example, i could ask myself. What is the scum motivation in what you are doing in this push on me Darby? The answer is… nothing.
So my conclusion is that you are town.

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Eh I could see scum motive in what he’s doing but for now I’m not prosecuting it.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If you can explain in good detail, not to me or any others in this game.
But to YOURSELF. That what i have done so far comes from a SCUM and not a TOWN motivation.
Then i’d be interested in hearing more.
But honestly, i don’t think you truly can.

- Bunno
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by DArby »

In post 229, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Obviously i’m defensive.
I don’t want town to listen to bad arguments that get’s town mislimmed.

If i have to belittle you to make the correct elimination happen, i will. Besides, i really do genuinely believe your way of solving shows signs of inexperience. It’s like something i’d do when i started playing, push one of the slots that push cases as scum, and then getting angry and tunneling that slot as scum when called out on my BS and bad arguments.

Anyway i do think you are very likely town here, but nobody should listen to your read on me because it’s plain wrong. And i think the Val push is an good state for the game to have right now so i don’t want you to disrupt that either.
In post 230, NorwegianboyEE wrote:And the unnatural part.

What is unnatural?

What do you define as unnatural?

Is scum= unnatural, and is unnatural= scum?
Regardless of my experience, I fundamentally disagree with your take. Belittling is not pro town. How is trying to do that actually reading my argument? Because it’s not. That’s what’s so disheartening about this. You think I’m pushing you because you’re pushing someone else when I said I’m not. I think your reasoning is weird and low hanging fruit. I have no problem with the push. I do have a problem with your argument because it’s dodgy and self righteous when you haven’t deserved that.

And for the sake of clarifying my wording. I do mean unnatural as possible pro scum behavior. My definition of unnatural is probably different from yours, though.
DArby
DArby
Goon
DArby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by DArby »

Jesus fuck I don’t think I can type as fast as you.

I need to do my night routine.

I know what I’m trying to say but either there’s a barrier in communication or you’re not properly reading what I’m saying. I’m going to bed now but I’ll see if I can word myself better tomorrow.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think the problem lies in you jumping in the way of a conversation you were never a part of. If you dislike the logic but think the push has value, that’s something you should hold onto until the push has had time to simmer a bit. At that point if you think someone is continuing to utilize bad logic, you can then push that with a stronger conviction than jumping the gun calling it out at the start. Scum reveal themselves most handily when their guards are down, imo.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 234, DArby wrote:How is trying to do that actually reading my argument?
I already said i got your alignment through this.
So i'm not trying to read you, i just am dismantling your case because i'm town and i need to get an elimination on scum in this day phase. And i need influence for that.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 236, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think the problem lies in you jumping in the way of a conversation you were never a part of. If you dislike the logic but think the push has value, that’s something you should hold onto until the push has had time to simmer a bit. At that point if you think someone is continuing to utilize bad logic, you can then push that with a stronger conviction than jumping the gun calling it out at the start. Scum reveal themselves most handily when their guards are down, imo.
This^

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

D1 scum flips oft result in town losses :P
I semi-believe that but mostly I think it’s funny Norwee says he NEEDS a scum flip today
<Embrace The Void>

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Well, i don't need to. But the last large i was in we limmed scum back to back for 3 day phases, so why not try to keep the streak going.

- Bunno
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 214, DArby wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if one more scum is on this wagon.
i can see a scum being on the wagon, dont know if 2 would be tho.
In post 214, DArby wrote:I fail to see Val going "fuck im scum. let me say as few words as possible and maybe they won't suspect me." Obviously, he understands meta. Why would he reasonably do something so stupid?
even if someone understands a concept, sometimes its much harder to put into practice.
"why would he reasonably do something so stupid" good point tho.

im honestly expecting val to come in here, see the wagon on him, and then push out posts and thrive. i think he'll be best under pressure.

i dont know
what
to think rn aaa
In post 232, Gamma Emerald wrote:Eh I could see scum motive in what he’s doing but for now I’m not prosecuting it.
i dont think darbys scum. whats the possible scum motive here..?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Again, Val can be town. But the whole POINT of this was to get more info to check.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Now the chance for us to potentially catch scum!Val has already lost some value because the pressure isn't as strong as it used to be.

- Bunno
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by redtea »

shit I thought norwee was scum in SIN
now I have to reevaluate everything

I'm preeetty confident gamma is town this game
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by redtea »

back to sleep zzzz
*Old account here
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by marcistar »

wtfs sin..? social insurance number..?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 246, marcistar wrote:wtfs sin..? social insurance number..?
No it's an previous game.

This one -> viewtopic.php?f=54&t=83774

- Bunno
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by redtea »