Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:49 am

Post by House »

Up!
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Bingle »

I don't need permission, I need the free time to put the post together. Thanks for the shade though.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:54 am

Post by House »

Apparently the 8 minutes between your posts only gave you enough time to be defensive.

No wonder yesterday was so long.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1948, Bingle wrote:SS, give me a chance to convince you before throwing the game away please.
I mean I guess? It better be damn good though.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:07 am

Post by House »

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:10 am

Post by House »

In post 1951, Bingle wrote:Thanks for the shade though.
This is the height of hilarity, considering he literally opened the day with a vote on me in 3p MeLo.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:12 am

Post by House »

At least I'm not stuck having to make the choice.

Smart scum would have appealed to me instead of pushed me at this point, because I have an abominable rate on voting scum at final 3 because I'm beyond paranoid about why I'm there in the first place.

So... thanks for not making me lose the game for town, Bingle.

<3

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Bingle »

I won't blame you for making the wrong choice, SS, just for not giving me the opportunity to show you the right one.

Also, SS was conftown as of yesterday, which anyone who was reading for alignments would have known House. Especially you, as you were literally involved in making it happen. Thank you for explaining why MT died over SS though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:35 am

In post 1957, Bingle wrote:I won't blame you for making the wrong choice, SS, just for not giving me the opportunity to show you the right one.
I mean, that's fair. I'll let you say your piece. But as of now I'm hammering you, and given your play this game it would take a lot to change that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:55 am

Post by House »

In post 1957, Bingle wrote:Thank you for explaining why MT died over SS though.
Who was ALSO confirmed town for not instahammering multiple times.

But that little fact doesn't help your agenda, does it? :lol:

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:56 am

Post by House »

MT died because she votes me 0 times out of 1 million.

If I was scum, no way in Hell do I kill my champion.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:59 am

Post by House »

S_S, you know 1960 is true.

Idk why you even need anything else to consider.

Bingle would have had better luck killing me and selling your lim to MT.

Wouldn't have worked... but better odds than leaving her alive with me in this scenario for sure.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by House »

EVEN WHEN I VOTED HER YESTERDAY, she tried to force imaginality's lim over voting me, and she could have steamrolled me yesterday.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by House »

For all my shit play this game, it's your loss of you vote me because you know I'm 100% right.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Bingle »

Okay, so narrative of Bingle-Scum:

Bingle plays D1 with no regard towards how he's read. He explicitly doesn't have any strong reads and is willing to float on just about anything. He floats onto his partner after a mediocre case from Wis to allow the wagon to be potentially viable, but doesn't do anything to make that credible as a bus. There's no real attempt to push the read. There's no real thrust to get towncred anywhere. He just kind of is. At the end of the day he throws out a E-1 vote to attempt to entice town into hammering AliHouse without scumreading AliHouse.

Bingle also plays D2 with no regard to how he's read. He pushes an unpopular choice (duck) and hammers Wisdom in an objectively scummy manner because he's absolutely sure that his partner can win the game on his own. His partner, imaginality, who has shown... No real ability to endgame. The Bingle/imaginality scumteam then chooses to 8ball imaginality (supposedly the player that is going to be the endgame anchor).

That's not a plan to win the game. That's a plan to throw.

Compare: House, yesterday was hardpushing you and me. He showed absolutely no reluctance to voting either of us and was clearly unconcerned that anyone would come in and hammer when he left his vote on me and later on you. His objective was... getting an elimination that would immediately end the game in a scumwin. He abandoned the "I'll never vote imaginality" stance only when you and MT made it explicitly clear that you wanted to eliminate me the next day.
In post 1898, Something_Smart wrote:Bingle's online now, or was not too long ago anyway.

If you vote imaginality, he has to lurk out till deadline. But there should be enough time that it will be evident that he could have hammered.
I was, in fact, provably on site during the whole crazy posting session yesterday. I was, in fact, provably around both before and after this post, which would have given a theoretical scum me the ability to win the game:
In post 1781, House wrote:
In post 1779, Something_Smart wrote:If we hammertest both of you on me (for example) it proves that either I am scum, or it's Bingle/imagine. If we hammertest both of you on both of us, then the only possible teams are me/Bingle, imagine/Bingle, and me/imagine.

But, you don't really need Bingle's help for that; you can hammertest each other.
True.

VOTE: Something_Smart
I was not, in fact, checking this thread at that time, but given that as scum I would know that all I would need was a single towny to vote to be able to win, I damn sure would have been paying attention. If I were scum, I literally would have won the game by paying attention to it during a timeframe that I was explicitly available to do so. Not a short time frame, either, the vote was there for almost half an hour.
In post 1757, Something_Smart wrote:The first one, I mean I know you're a calculating player, and my perception seems to be that you don't consider yourself an exceptionally strong scum player (Perfect Masquerade comes to mind), and so I can see you deciding that making sure one NK doesn't slip away and unlocking a second if you are ever executed is worth your life. I would probably have done the same, if I was scum in your position there (though it would depend on who my partner was). In fact I recently did a very similar thing in Radio Buzz, where I made a scumclaim hammer to prevent the town from coordinating their vig shots. So that's the kind of vibe I got from your hammer-- especially since I framed it in an almost identical way (I know this is bad but I'm fed up that people aren't listening to me).
I'm not a bad scum player. By any metric. It was brought up multiple times this game, but recently I was eliminated by town on a shit tunnel because my play was too high quality to be town me. I'm not kidding:

Subject: mini theme 2229: MBOS 13 schweppes' pulpy potions daya 5
mastina wrote: Because I have a fairly good idea of how Bingle plays as town on D1 specifically, and this is very much not how Bingle plays D1 as town. In fact the very things people are townreading him for are the things that make him be scum, here. (Think an old mastina flowchart tell of sorts. If Bingle looks strongly town on D1, it's because he's scum.)

Obviously I can elaborate on this if needed but suffice to say I'm never not voting Bingle. (I mayyyyyyyyyy compromise on a different scumread if needed but I really don't want Bingle to get away here.)
House's progression the last few days has been literally "How do I ensure scum wins this phase."
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1960, House wrote:MT died because she votes me 0 times out of 1 million.

Unless... You don't realize that SS is conftown because you're not actually trying to determine his alignment and you think there's a chance that I come into the day voting him.

Neither MT nor SS were likely to listen to me today, so you obviously shoot the one you know is conftown over the one you don't as scum. Hence, thank you for explaining why MT was the one who died.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Bingle »

tl;dr

The narrative of Bingle scum only makes sense as a very surface level story. The actual case of Bingle has been a designated mislim all game makes way more sense.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by Bingle »

If you want more engagement about why it's not me, I'm happy to oblige. If you've already made the decision, I don't think I have a stronger argument than that one in me atm and I don't really care to drag the loss out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:35 pm

Why was I conftown?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by House »

In post 1965, Bingle wrote:
In post 1960, House wrote:MT died because she votes me 0 times out of 1 million.

Unless... You don't realize that SS is conftown because you're not actually trying to determine his alignment and you think there's a chance that I come into the day voting him.

Neither MT nor SS were likely to listen to me today, so you obviously shoot the one you know is conftown over the one you don't as scum. Hence, thank you for explaining why MT was the one who died.
It doesn't matter!

Scum!me kills S_S and brings you into today, anyway.

MT said a thousand times you were obvious scum. If you were actually town, no scum wouldn't bring you into today as the sacrificial lamb.

MT, me as scum, and you as town = scum win by default.

Any other combo is just stupid to even consider me as scum. :lol:

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by House »

In post 1901, Morning Tweet wrote:I think SS knocked it out of the park to be honest. Bingle eeeee well he was more of a sacrificial lamb type role. Imagine did well but I just struggle to trust him over SS.

The reasoning I've gone over today (aka, mostly Bingle interactions) really makes a lot more sense not partnered with Mom/SS. Imagine's reasoning that Bingle jumped at the opportunity to hammer Wisdom to make Mom look good... just doesn't really make much sense to me. Mom wouldn't get any towncred after Bingle gets sacrificed there.
In post 1876, Morning Tweet wrote:SS go ahead just vote Bingle and kill House during the night I literally never see myself voting you over imagine
In post 1871, Morning Tweet wrote:If you're scum with Bingle just kill House and win with me tomorrow
In post 1867, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1863, Something_Smart wrote:You can vote imagine today. That will make a me/Bingle team impossible and I HOPE that would then knock some sense into House.
If I were 100% I would

Sadly I'm more like 75% Imagine/Bingle, 25% SS/Bingle. I just never quite got there.
In post 1864, Morning Tweet wrote:I HAVE BEEN DISCUSSING WHETHER BINGLE'S PARTNER IS SS OR IMAGINE FOR AT LEAST 5 PAGES

YOU POP IN AND VOTE SS FOR THE MOST CONFUSING REASONING IVE EVER SEEN AND THEN TELL ME TO HURRY IT THE FUCK UP

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME HOUSE
In post 1856, Morning Tweet wrote:VOTE: Bingle

Vote fucking Bingle then?
In post 1814, Morning Tweet wrote:Just vote out Bingle since literally everyone here is in agreement he's scum and pray to god Bingle isn't 8-ball somehow

And if he is 8-ball then pray to god House makes right decision in next phase
In post 1805, Morning Tweet wrote:VOTE: Bingle
In post 1780, Morning Tweet wrote:Also this might go without saying but this vote between SS/imagine is gonna end the game assuming we're all in agreement about Bingle being scum. So, House, if we elim scum today who is an 8-ball, kill Bingle pretty please
In post 1772, Morning Tweet wrote:Pretty sure they could have gotten it too TBH that Bingle hammer was so extra
In post 1760, Morning Tweet wrote:I'm pretty sure it's not SS/imagineality team, i'm pretty sure house is town, i'm pretty sure Bingle is scum

uhhhh does anyone have any lingering issues with those let me know today i suppose
I never come into today without MT & Bingle if I'm scum. :lol:

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by House »

In post 1850, Save The Dragons wrote:
Vote Count 4.9

1 Something_Smart (imaginality)
1 imaginality (Something_Smart)
1 Bingle (Morning Tweet)
1 Morning Tweet (House)

Not voting: Bingle

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to yeet

D4 ends at (expired on 2021-10-16 13:26:20)
In post 1852, Morning Tweet wrote:Oh shit we lose cause he's voting me
In post 1853, Morning Tweet wrote:VOTE: imagine
Like, even when I voted MT, she never wavered in her townread of me.

How do I kill her when I need her most? :lol:

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1872, Something_Smart wrote:But my point is, if you're 75% confident, and you believe that House's logic is so bad that he's not going to be right more than 50% of the time (maybe 55% generously), then the best odds come if you force his hand rather than the other way around.

That make sense?
You could have hammered me here. Both MT and House were on me.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by House »

In post 1854, House wrote:UNVOTE:

I refuse to accept blame for a loss to S_S/Bingle because you won't eliminate S_S anyway.

You want to spend the rest of your life hemming & hawing.
I could have hammered imaginality here.

Same thing would have happened as if S_S had hammered you.

Scum would have flipped.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by House »

On the real, mad props to Tweetie.