marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:08 am

Post by marcistar »

i'll admit i have had doubts about norwegianboy at certain points, but i dont really have much beyond paranoia. (sorta like the same type of paranoia i have with meuh :P) which is why ive been ignoring these thoughts.

something ive also been keeping in mind, is i think sometimes his playstyle just doesnt vibe well with others which is why i havent given the wagon on him the time of day. my og thought was "invests could just go on him lol" but i suppose i should actually look at him maybe :roll:

val do u have like a concise case on him
Spoiler:
IM LOWKEY AN IDIOT SO PLS DONT BE CONFUSING
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 507, Val89 wrote:You should note I'm not currently directing my ire at Marci, or Gamma, who also proceeded to make a "where's the wall?" case against me. But the tonal shift with Norwee suddenly seemed to put all doubts aside and jump in with wild abaddon gave me, and apparently others, bad vibes.
I didn’t really case you tho
I just kinda backed up the thought process others gave with my own exp
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 526, marcistar wrote:"invests could just go on him lol"
Well, I would suggest that Mafia all having "ascetic" means that night invests are a no-go.

I'll be honest, with the number of words in my role PM, I am wondering if I am the only town PR, or there is a larger number than usual of usual mafia slots to balance it. Don't expect a cop, or any other type of "target someone at night" invests in this setup, is the takeaway.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:47 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 528, Val89 wrote:
In post 526, marcistar wrote:"invests could just go on him lol"
Well, I would suggest that Mafia all having "ascetic" means that night invests are a no-go.

I'll be honest, with the number of words in my role PM, I am wondering if I am the only town PR, or there is a larger number than usual of usual mafia slots to balance it. Don't expect a cop, or any other type of "target someone at night" invests in this setup, is the takeaway.
hmm maybe..?
but arent they backup aesthetics..? so they can still be targeted until an aesthetic dies or am i understanding wrong..?

is it bad if i ask u to explain.. im curious
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why does everyone spell it that way
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by marcistar »

ill be honest bestie

its just easier to remember aesthetics since i already use that word kinda regularly

but also sometimes i love using horribly wrong spellings/names for roles if i can :oops: its so funny
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Val89 »

I am not sure myself; this is my first non-newbie queue game, but I read it at two seperate modifiers - Your interperation would imply the exisitence of town ascetics, and I'm not sure that tallys with what I know. I can tell you, in case there is some interaction with other town PRs and this makes something make sense to somebody, that I am conditionally bulletproof. I'm not going to specify the conditions, because I think that only helps scum, but I think its unlikey there will be regular, night targeting invests or protectives, because it doesn't make sense to make the mafia untargettable, or give me bulletproofing if there were cops or docs or the like knocking about.

I could be proven wrong. Maybe the intent is that there are invests or protectives in this setup, and targetting someone and being roleblocked is supposed to indicate a 'guilty' because of all the maf being untargetable. Alternatively, I might not have a clue what I am talking about here, and you are correct in there are town ascetics, and mafia are targetable until they kill one, and I'm thinking about this wrong.

Regardless, I don't think you can rely on invests to do the work on Norwee, or anyone else, this game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

It’s just bothersome when EVERYONE says the wrong word
<Embrace The Void>

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 532, Val89 wrote:I am not sure myself; this is my first non-newbie queue game, but I read it at two seperate modifiers - Your interperation would imply the exisitence of town ascetics, and I'm not sure that tallys with what I know. I can tell you, in case there is some interaction with other town PRs and this makes something make sense to somebody, that I am conditionally bulletproof. I'm not going to specify the conditions, because I think that only helps scum, but I think its unlikey there will be regular, night targeting invests or protectives, because it doesn't make sense to make the mafia untargettable, or give me bulletproofing if there were cops or docs or the like knocking about.

I could be proven wrong. Maybe the intent is that there are invests or protectives in this setup, and targetting someone and being roleblocked is supposed to indicate a 'guilty' because of all the maf being untargetable. Alternatively, I might not have a clue what I am talking about here, and you are correct in there are town ascetics, and mafia are targetable until they kill one, and I'm thinking about this wrong.

Regardless, I don't think you can rely on invests to do the work on Norwee, or anyone else, this game.
bro i dont agree with how uve been playing ur role tbh but its fine im sure u got a plan!! :dead:
im admittingly not the best at setup speculation; i don't know too much about roles either since ive "grown up" on a different roleslist when i play offsite. everything i say is just me making assumptions based on why i think mafia all have backup aesthetic, u prob know way more since ur a pr.. so sure lets not rely on possible invests, my og mindset was but now i realize it isnt good to :dead:

can u restate ur norwegianboy stuff for me pls..? i feel like ive been blinded when it comes to him :oops:
In post 533, Gamma Emerald wrote:It’s just bothersome when EVERYONE says the wrong word
im sorry ill try to not
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

Can someone please catch me up, I'm not reading 12 pages of posts
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

I'll try to be active, its just that I've been getting a lot of homework and just being down but luckily I get 2 days of school off soon!
master at being scum(my)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Val is conf town
That’s all you get from me rn
<Embrace The Void>

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 535, camelCasedSnivy wrote:Can someone please catch me up, I'm not reading 12 pages of posts
im not good at catching people up im sorry :c
i think if ur not gonna read 12 pages of posts, then u should at least look at the votes..?

imo people are currently split rn but maybe u would view that as differently..? i see some people thinking norwegianboys scum, and then other people thinking that t3/toxicipan are scum.

val was originally wagoned for not acting like his usual townie self, but then he got confirmed town. it might be worth going back and looking at that as well, as i think someone pointed out toxictipan was possibly tmiing that val was town.

u should prob get sumn better from someone else HORKFDJ
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 534, marcistar wrote:can u restate ur norwegianboy stuff for me pls..?
I'm not sure I can make it more consise than I did in . I'll try to restate it, though.

You picked up the lack of wall post early. Norwee kinda starts to position themselves as townleader and starts talking about how they want to just get a flip (), and how the best way to find scum is to get a wagon rolling (). He then pillow pushes on AliceK for the barest of seconds before turning his attention to me. He shows some understanding of the alternative to scum!me (), but votes and makes some more noise about 'executing bad guys' () and "pressure is good" (.)

So far, so normal. Nothing wrong with any of this. DArby has some reservations, and Norwee even explicitly says he is pushing me for a response and DArby is interfering and easing that pressure (, ). I don't have any issue with how he has approached my slot here, but somehow the tone he has taken with DArby seems off - it reminds me of how he approached me as a bare newbie in Newbie 2068, and I know he tells us its how he treats newbies in general, but I think it has scum utility and I don't like it. It's not really anything of substance, but it's enough for me to start there, and honestly indicate it's simply a 'gut' vote.

That simple, under explained return vote, from a slot that apparently people are finding scummy, I don't think would normally be considered much of a threat. It could easily be disregarded as OMGUS, but it seems to trigger a huge tonal shift. Redtea picks it up and comments on it, but maintains his vote on me(). I give an explanation for my play at , and in the meantime, Toxictaipan places an unexplained vote on Norwee.

I've pointed out recently that, at that point, my wagon was at E-2 and his was 3 votes. He commented "Are you going to cry about it?", which I can only assume is some sort of projection, because look how he reacted at that point:

Spoiler: Norwee's mini-tantrum.
In post 333, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What is this wagon on me even?
In post 335, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So because i’m voting Val for playing way different from what i expect of their townplay i’m being treated as an hardball pushing too much?
Really?
In post 339, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Is it ok for me to get slightly upset when i genuinely case someone and they do an Among Us: "no u" lazy ass vote and people join that wagon on me?
In post 340, NorwegianboyEE wrote:How many scum on my wagon?

He continues to push the case on me quite agressively, however, and he has dropped all pretense of understanding the alternative to a scum!me. This continues until another slot pipes in and says something Norwee has said "doesn't make sense to me" ().

And thats enough to have him back off the wagon on me. Despite all the noise he made earlier, he drops off a wagon at E-2 to go be the second vote on another that might just have a chance to take off (T3), while continuing to shade me. That doesn't tally with what he was saying in his little 1v1 with DArby, or how he was talking while voting for Alice. He has does something he chastised DArby for doing, and has done so because his slot has received the barest of pushback.

That doesn't exactly scream "town" to me.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 405, Datisi wrote:
Val89 is aligned with the
town
VOTE: Val89
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 538, marcistar wrote:as i think someone pointed out toxictipan was possibly tmiing that val was town.
For what it is worth, that person was Norwee; and I think the charge is pretty rediculous.
In post 431, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 307, toxictaipan wrote:
In post 199, marcistar wrote:
toxictaipan
im interested in ur input on this val stuff, do u mind giving some thoughts about that and anything else u may have thought of..?
The past 13 pages are exhausting. If I were Val and scum in this situation, I'd be giving some better replies, though. Town is looking for an excuse to lim him and the chip on the shoulder attitude might just be it. I think scum Val would realize this and not be so standoffish.

I think the interactions between DArby and NorwegianboyEE are much more interesting, but can't quite pin a read either way on the two yet.
Wondering if this is TMI.
I say it is silly, because it is simply expressing vaild reservations that other slots have about if a scum!Me would be so dumb (eg: DArby in ) and is something Norwee claimed to have considered himself.
In post 313, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I understand the "why would scum!Val play like this" angle, i really do. But i think it's an faulty argument because it is just as likely that Val could choose to continue to play like this as scum as he would as town. It would be quite jarring if he suddenly started posting a lot of huge posts in response to the pressure. I think he just knows he has to keep going this way, and i don't see the town motivation in what he is doing. So therefore i'm keeping my vote on Val at least until i understand it.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by marcistar »

i c i c

norwegianboy
lmk when ur here lets chat :D ill even write down my questions i have for u so i dont forget
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 307, toxictaipan wrote:I think the interactions between DArby and NorwegianboyEE are much more interesting, but can't quite pin a read either way on the two yet.
This feels kinda hedgy, thinking about it
<Embrace The Void>

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by marcistar »

have u ever played with toxictaipan before
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

no
Have u
<Embrace The Void>

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by marcistar »

no
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by marcistar »

im still confused on how to read them, so i was trying a bit to get them to talk with me but i dont think its working

-

gamma what did u say ur norwegianboy read was..?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Town, and I’m not really convinced by the points against him at all
He had kinda a bad attitude in Gensokyo (Touhou UPick). I feel like he’s showing a similar sort of mindset here, and he was town in that other game. The points against him feel mostly based around that idea, so they’re unengaging:
<Embrace The Void>

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by marcistar »

hmm okay
In post 481, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm kinda thinking Alice is town atm
what caused u to think this?
In post 426, Gamma Emerald wrote:Jolyne is TOWN
and this
In post 443, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 437, Dwlee99 wrote:Koba town, norwee town, t3/toxic scum
add marci to your TRs and I'm thinking you're all g
aaaaand, whats ur read on dwlee..? this post made me think ur currently fine with dwlee (seems like ur trying to work with him imo), but i feel like thats an assumption so i wanna ask to make sure.

aaaand (x2) what do u think of redtea? :P

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”