cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:05 am

Post by cool cookie »

i dont think the worst has broken any rules yet. lots of active posting here and people who know each other, but how well do they know each other.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:06 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 134, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 127, the worst wrote:I'm not reading his posts
@Moderator please check if this is allowed under site rules
It's not explicitly mentioned anywhere in the rules, except maybe a broad reading of the flaming/general civility clause in my game's ruleset. If you start feeling personally attacked beyond the reasonable amount implied in a Mafia game, please let me know.

And @the worst, this is a game of Mafia, so it does require
some
amount of reading of other players' posts. Though there's no rule strictly enforcing it of course.

I hope this interaction between PookyTheMagicalBear and the worst has been in good faith and/or in a joking manner, especially based on some of their reactions to it. But as the mod I want to err on the side of serious for things like this, particularly when I'm directly asked a question about it. No warnings or mod action will be taken at this point.

Trust Count (1.2)

cool cookie
[0]
Enchant
[0]
Infinity 324
[0]
Klick
[0]
MafMen
[0]
PookyTheMagicalBear
[0]
Prism
[0]
Tammy
[0]
the worst
[0]
Wisdom
[0]

Distrustful:
Everyone
Deadline:
(expired on 2021-11-02 13:46:46)
Hey!
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:07 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 35, Wisdom wrote:So how do you get townreads in this game
pray
"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:08 am

Post by the worst »

wait, Pooky is in this game?

I've made a couple of posts clearly referencing the content of Pooky's posts so this is definitely a bit. I'm happy to drop the bit (though I think Pooky may have also been joking but I'm unsure).
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:10 am

Post by the worst »

regardless of siterules not reading someone's posts is kinda shitty and against the spirit of the rules.

except in this case bc I'm not reading pooky's posts :fire:
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 145, Klick wrote:This playerlist is insane

Tammy, how do you think you'd be approaching the start of this right now if you were scum, that you're not doing now (if anything)?
I thought you were prism. I'm going to get you guys confused fair warning. I don't think I've seen you in forever!

Hmmm. I'm not sure. One thing that used to get me caught is not seeming appropriately happy to draw town, so I started trying to fake that happiness and energy at the start. I might do that? I don't know. There's nobody here that has that beginning of the game meta for me, so I probably wouldn't? I might make a few more posts that look appropriately solvey in some fashion? Just because my strength as scum is only as good as how long I can go without getting widespread suspicion. I'm not all that great at shaking off suspicion once it starts if it starts early unless I know specifically how to manipulate the person who suspects me.

I don't know if that makes sense. So I might have used a couple of those things, but not sure if I would have.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Tammy »

I think everyone involved knows you guys are joking :)
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:13 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 41, Wisdom wrote:If I trust scum will they just quicktrust me and exit
locktown
i thought the same thing too when the game started lmao and my rolecard is green

"I find myself agreeing with MafMen through most of this argument, while also finding him most likely to be scum out of him/Wisdom/Pooky"
~ Klick
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 143, the worst wrote:
In post 129, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:the lesson i learned from the last run of this is that even if i get perfect reads people will just ignore me and throw so im not going to give a shit about catching bad guys this time and just focus on convincing tammy that i am very town :2
haven't read the quoted ydr but based on context clues, I feel like I should say hard pocketing one person into mid/lategame was literally Pooky's plan as scum in this setup previously

but then again (based on context clues) this is too overt and funny to actually be a strong indicator of that agenda. I think? someone tell me if I'm right I'm just guessing here
Oh in case this was towards me at all. I've seen Pooky scum a couple times. I know how pockety, sly and charismatic he can be.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:16 am

Post by the worst »

In post 144, the worst wrote:
In post 142, MafMen wrote:hey guys im a bit rusty what does it mean when your rolecard is red again
it means that
it's lovely to see you again
Oh no it's MafMen
small edit
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:16 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 52, the worst wrote:
In post 49, Enchant wrote:Vote counts as Trust here as i remember.
I think I just accidentally cleared wisdom while goofing around go me
dont get me wrong hes townie asf but maybe lets not do that lmao
~ Klick
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:20 am

Post by the worst »

In post 160, MafMen wrote:
In post 52, the worst wrote:
In post 49, Enchant wrote:Vote counts as Trust here as i remember.
I think I just accidentally cleared wisdom while goofing around go me
dont get me wrong hes townie asf but maybe lets not do that lmao
sincerely: I didn't read the vote mechanics in full and assumed it required the usual bolded "I trust <<name>>" :lol: I'm normally a lot more careful but I'll take a cleared wisdom any day
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:21 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 76, Wisdom wrote:Also this is a tricky in another way

Do I wanna townread someone and exit with them or stay and catch scum
more townie posts from wisdom
~ Klick
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:21 am

Post by the worst »

In post 158, Tammy wrote:Oh in case this was towards me at all. I've seen Pooky scum a couple times. I know how pockety, sly and charismatic he can be.
Awesome, that was basically the extent of my worry. Admittedly I don't really think you're someone who's a viable late game pocket so more just a comment at the thread :P
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:23 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 78, the worst wrote:
In post 76, Wisdom wrote:Also this is a tricky in another way

Do I wanna townread someone and exit with them or stay and catch scum
I'll be obvtown in like ~48 hours and would suggest we combine our powers and roast the scums
youre always obvtown even as scum
help me out here
whats your role
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:25 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 91, Wisdom wrote:
In post 88, cool cookie wrote:'the worst' initial scumping for claiming to not know the rules on page 3, when they had been referenced a couple times already by that point - potentially tricking someone into an early OMGUS trust thing. and also repeated claims Enchant is town, with no reason given.
ew
no
~ Klick
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:26 am

Post by the worst »

whispers
day 5 innocent child
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:27 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 99, the worst wrote:Can someone gimme an update on pooky's posts? Is he towny yet?
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:32 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 126, the worst wrote:I say we just make Pooky's day by leave him and Tammy as f2
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:34 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 130, Tammy wrote:
In post 124, Prism wrote:
In post 89, Tammy wrote:Anyway, I figured I'd see how things played out and started and figure out how to play it from there.
I'm really curious about this. Maybe you're having fun horsing around with Pooky but there isn't really a solve intent.
In post 111, Tammy wrote:If I were scum, you don't know how much I would appreciate this. Your presence in games is enjoyable, even when you're a murderer, but here as scum I wouldn't have the sweet release of an early elimination when I made myself obvious. I'd just have to sit around waiting til the end. So, yeah the company would be nice.

I am town though!
This makes my head tilt a bit, too, because while you don't prefer scum your scumgame is not weak.
I'm not solving right now. I'm not really one to attempt to solve in the first few pages of the game. I don't like to do it, nor am I good at it. I typically think most people look scummy in the first few pages of the game because I can't tell the difference between people pretending to solve and people trying to get the game started. Unless something really jumps out at me, like your entrance in Warehouse 13, I pretty much view everything early game as neutral noise that I'll look back at later when I actually get serious. I used to try because I thought I needed to be aggressive to be town read, but I hated it, so now I play in a way that I enjoy and is comfortable for me.

I get that it can be annoying and I look scummy for it to people who aren't used to my early approach (and even some who are used to it), but once I get started that concern usually goes away. Usually.

I'm also working and just popping in here to shoot the shit every few minutes or so as a little break.

Thank you for thinking my scum game isn't weak. I will admit that I think my scum game is weaker than others do, but other than the flying scumsman which I hydra'd in last year, I have not drawn scum in 4? years? While I think I have a terrible scum game in general, I do not expect my first time drawing scum solo in four years to be anything but me obvscumming immediately and being able to do nothing about it.

Was I right in remembering that you preferred to go out first in most scum teams? What would be different about this game than that? (Or was that the joke you were referring to?)
always love it when someone who was just joking around 5 minutes ago jumps to writing a paragraph whenever someone gets an inkling of suspicion
~ Klick
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:34 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 143, the worst wrote:
In post 129, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:the lesson i learned from the last run of this is that even if i get perfect reads people will just ignore me and throw so im not going to give a shit about catching bad guys this time and just focus on convincing tammy that i am very town :2
haven't read the quoted ydr but based on context clues, I feel like I should say hard pocketing one person into mid/lategame was literally Pooky's plan as scum in this setup previously

but then again (based on context clues) this is too overt and funny to actually be a strong indicator of that agenda. I think? someone tell me if I'm right I'm just guessing here
w i l d

so duckie saw me trying to get moderator confirmation of whether he was reading my posts in order to point out he was not pattern recognizing the exact playstyle replication from the time i played this as scum vs him so he pre-empted me by now saying I'm literally replicating my scum meta while denying he's actually reading my posting.

some top tier moves by duckie.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:34 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 142, MafMen wrote:hey guys im a bit rusty what does it mean when your rolecard is red again
it means that it's lovely to see you again
<3
~ Klick
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:35 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 159, the worst wrote:
it means that
it's lovely to see you again
Oh no it's MafMen
small edit
</3
~ Klick
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:36 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I feel like I'm having deja vu from the first time I played this except I'm town this time

do you know what I mean @MafMen
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 169, MafMen wrote:always love it when someone who was just joking around 5 minutes ago jumps to writing a paragraph whenever someone gets an inkling of suspicion
?

Do you have a problem with me answering a couple questions or that I'm wordy?

Return to “Completed Open Games”